PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone give out their Wish Lists to friends or family?

Scotty
07-18-2007, 08:45 AM
I have an Amazon Wish list I use mostly to store things I want to get for myself later. Then I notice there's ways you can tell people about your lists and I was curious if anyone does this? Is it okay to do it? Or is it considered a dick move?

TheTravis!
07-18-2007, 08:47 AM
I'm doing it this year to make shopping easier for my mom.

Joshzilla
07-18-2007, 08:48 AM
My Wish List is pretty massive. Like 8 pages massive. I use it the same way you do and it's basically a to-get list, but when my b-day and x-mas roll around I'll be passing it along to my wife and parents because they always bitch about not knowing what I want or what I already have.

Buk Was Right
07-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Same as most of the above. I use it as a "to buy" list, but I'll probably kick it around to the folks, my sister, etc...

Whip
07-18-2007, 09:18 AM
If there's anything I've learned about wish lists in any form is that no one ever gets you anything you have on it and you're stuck with a new pack of socks or something OR everyone gets you the same item off your list.

Jef UK
07-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Of course. That's what it's for. So grandma buys me something I actually want.

Dan McLellan
07-18-2007, 09:19 AM
My Dad just said: What do you want me to get you for X-Mas and I said Guitar Hero. He said yes. So no surprise for me this X-Mas.

Dan McLellan
07-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Of course. That's what it's for. So grandma buys me something I actually want.

One year my grandma bought me (I shit you not): An orange safety vest, a pack of post-its shaped like a dog, and a jar of pimento olives.

Jef UK
07-18-2007, 09:23 AM
One year my grandma bought me (I shit you not): An orange safety vest, a pack of post-its shaped like a dog, and a jar of pimento olives.

What's even more strange is that's exactly what's on my Amazon Wish List.

Masculine Todd
07-18-2007, 09:25 AM
My parents are deceased. My foster parents hate me. My foster sisters (who I adore) are all college students and super poor. My friends are also college students and living in the same poverty hell I am. That said, giving out a wish list would be pointless for me and my crew.

Joshzilla
07-18-2007, 09:41 AM
My parents are deceased. My foster parents hate me. My foster sisters (who I adore) are all college students and super poor. My friends are also college students and living in the same poverty hell I am. That said, giving out a wish list would be pointless for me and my crew.

Go score a sugar daddy (not the candy)! There's still plenty of time 'til the holidays!

Masculine Todd
07-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Go score a sugar daddy (not the candy)! There's still plenty of time 'til the holidays!

Then I'll have to put out. I don't want to have to measure each item out in blow jobs. That's a hassle.

Joshzilla
07-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Then I'll have to put out. I don't want to have to measure each item out in blow jobs. That's a hassle.

I see your point.

On the other hand, can I use you as a point of reference when explaining to my wife what's under the tree on Christmas morning?

SteveZegers
07-18-2007, 09:51 AM
My family knows where to get it. They're lazy shoppers.

Sean Jackson
07-18-2007, 09:58 AM
I use it to remember what I want to get, and makes it easy for my parents come gift giving times.

Binx
07-18-2007, 10:04 AM
My family definitely appreciates that I provide them my WIsh List. Not sure they appreciate that it is 9 pages long, but I do use the priority settings.

Buk Was Right
07-18-2007, 10:10 AM

Because the conversion rate between blow jobs, dollars, british pounds, and back room tug jobs can be murder...

Masculine Todd
07-18-2007, 10:39 AM
I see your point.

On the other hand, can I use you as a point of reference when explaining to my wife what's under the tree on Christmas morning?

Anything I can do to help...in relation to blow jobs.

Jim T.
07-18-2007, 10:42 AM
I print mine and give it to my wife around Christmas time. She's always appalled at what a geek I am... :sad:

Scotty
07-18-2007, 04:13 PM

Use a spreadsheet takes most of the work out of it.

Stephanie
07-18-2007, 05:02 PM
My family has been using wish lists years before there was an Amazon. It's a Christmas tradition.

Even though I have an Amazon wish list for the heck of it, it's pretty useless since most of the stuff I want isn't actually available through Amazon.

Sy-Klone
07-18-2007, 05:06 PM
If they ask, I'll give 'em some ideas. I don't really keep an updated wish list or anything, though. I have a wish list on Amazon, but it's not really current (and I haven't updated it in at least six months, if not more).

andrew french
07-18-2007, 05:38 PM
my gf and i share ours with each other

xyzzy
07-18-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't just tell people. That's rude. If someone asks if I have one, I tell them.

Beep Beep!
07-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Taxman "reminded" me about 3 weeks before Christmas that he had a wish list. So I printed it; and it did come in handy at the LCS and at Borders. Then I made one; and he and the kids actually got stuff from it. It was cool.

Brad N.
07-18-2007, 06:32 PM
yup. I have a massive 10 pager with books, comics, DVDs, and toys all on it. Then I have a smaller three page list of my "most important" things to buy that I give out via email a couple times a year (b-day and Xmas) to certain people. I only do it because year after year my secret santa, my parents, and even sometimes my wife never have a clue what to buy me. No matter how many times I'd say nothing they would get upset because I wouldn't give them ideas and instead I'd get gift cards (which are cool too) but it's nice to still not know what to expect but also get something I really want. I'd encourage anyone to do this.

Changeling
07-19-2007, 06:06 AM
Anyone that asks my wife what to get me, she directs to my list. Worked out great last christmas for me, I got all good stuff. Years past I got some crap gifts.