PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean Vs Soulcalibur?

noble
07-18-2007, 05:44 AM
Was reading an article in the new EGM on Soulcalibur 4(yes it's all 1 word now).

Anyhoot when asked about any hidden characters (ala link, Spawn, and heiachi(sp)), namco said they are going to include characters from a very popular/current swashbuckling movie franchise.

So I'm guessing we're going to get to go toe to toe with Nightmare using Jack Sparrow :D

JABSEN
07-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Oh, Maybe you play as Morgan!

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/516BW8YPV1L._SS500_.jpg

Lyfeforce
07-18-2007, 05:47 AM
Was reading an article in the new EGM on Soulcalibur 4(yes it's all 1 word now).

Anyhoot when asked about any hidden characters (ala link, Spawn, and heiachi(sp)), namco said they are going to include characters from a very popular/current swashbuckling movie franchise.

So I'm guessing we're going to get to go toe to toe with Nightmare using Jack Sparrow :D

or squiddy Davey Jones? He'd fit in pretty damn well actually.

noble
07-18-2007, 05:48 AM
They said current mister!

I was thinking they might have been talking about Lord of the Rings...but then I realized that Soul calibur would be the exact kind of thing that Jack Sparrow would search for in his quest to live forever as a pirate king.

Plus there's already pirates in the game, so there's a link there as well ;)

nihilance
07-18-2007, 05:48 AM
Here's the thread where we were speculating about this a couple weeks ago. (http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=118816)

noble
07-18-2007, 05:49 AM
I live in the boonies and just got the magazine yesterday.

Plus I'm obviously blind ;)

nihilance
07-18-2007, 05:57 AM
I live in the boonies and just got the magazine yesterday.

Plus I'm obviously blind ;)

Just pointing out some more in depth discussion that was already posted you might be interested in.

And the magazine didn't say "current" film series (although I DO think PotC is the best bet). Here's the exact quote:

Also, don't count out the possibility of "guest characters." such as the console-exclusive cameos from Heihachi, Link, and Spawn in SC2. We've heard that some phenomenally popular saber-rattlers from a major film series may be joining the cast...stay tuned to 1UP.com for the exclusive reveal.

So the way it's worded it sounds like multiple characters from the same series spread over the two platforms.

xyzzy
07-18-2007, 05:58 AM
I say it's the Dread Pirate Wesley and Inigo Montoya.

nihilance
07-18-2007, 06:02 AM
I say it's the Dread Pirate Wesley and Inigo Montoya.

Thankfully no.

xyzzy
07-18-2007, 06:03 AM
Thankfully no.

What's wrong with you?

nihilance
07-18-2007, 06:07 AM
What's wrong with you?

Can't stand the film and have never understood such mass appeal for such a mediocre (and unfunny) effort. I can understand its female fanbase to a degree because it's lite fantasy and romantic aspects, but it's really not anywhere close to as enjoyable as people want to believe.

Plus EGM said film series which thankfully again The Princess Bride was not.

xyzzy
07-18-2007, 06:08 AM
Can't stand the film and have never understood such mass appeal for such a mediocre (and unfunny) effort. I can understand its female fanbase to a degree because it's lite fantasy and romantic aspects, but it's really not anywhere close to as enjoyable as people want to believe.

Plus EGM said film series which thankfully again The Princess Bride was not.

You live a sad life.

nihilance
07-18-2007, 06:10 AM
You live a sad life.

Nah...living amongst the tastless isn't so bad.