PDA

View Full Version : Avengers The Initiative #7 Cover

John M. Coker (Johnny C.)
07-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Ok, so just last night in the Avengers The Initiative #4 thread that I started, I commented on how great Chueng's cover (and all the covers he's done for this book) is. And today I see the solicit for ish #7... and there's NO JIMMY CHUENG COVER... and I SHOULD be sad... but I can't be, because Caselli's cover is pretty damn great-

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Oct07/cvrs/AVNINIT007.jpg

I dig it. I dig it the most. And is it bad that I actually MISS the Spidey-Armor?

Gregory
07-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Seems like they added the fourth artificial arm to the costume.

Raphael J
07-17-2007, 12:09 PM
I love the costume now. It's grown on me a lot.

And I dig that they finally added the third arm. It felt kind of weird seeing it with only three.

Blane
07-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Clearly they're upgraded... errr.. whatever.

I know what you mean. I love that dude who does the Daredevil covers. Don't buy the books, but he's amazing.

TheKraken
07-17-2007, 12:10 PM
And is it bad that I actually MISS the Spidey-Armor?

Very much so. Not sure about this if it means Tony will have an army of Spider-Men. I mean, if he thought that was a good idea, why hasn't he had an army of Iron Men for years, you know? One imagines his armor's a lot easier to pilot than one that forces you to swing on webs...

Kingsumo
07-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Scarlett Spiders! Fuck yeah.

Seems like they added the fourth artificial arm to the costume.

I never understood why Peter's version only had three to begin with.

Cth
07-17-2007, 12:11 PM
SS Troops, eh?

No one's gonna go with a fascist comparison right? RIGHT? :)

John M. Coker (Johnny C.)
07-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Ya know, I didn't even notice the 4th arm. Sweet.

Kingsumo
07-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Very much so. Not sure about this if it means Tony will have an army of Spider-Men. I mean, if he thought that was a good idea, why hasn't he had an army of Iron Men for years, you know? One imagines his armor's a lot easier to pilot than one that forces you to swing on webs...

Given they seem to be used specifically for the initiative and for black ops purposes, I am not sure that Tony was specifically involved in this decision. It seems to me they co-opted his design, added another arm and ran with it.

Also, he has almost all of his old suits on remote, or did prior to WWH anyway. Plus a lot of the S.h.i.e.l.d agents now wear modified stark issue power suits. For what it's worth.