PDA

View Full Version : How do San Diego exclusive figures and busts work?

Jonny Z
07-16-2007, 08:18 AM
I really want to get the Harry Potter series Luna Lovegood bust-

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci07_actionfigs_1.php#tag_gentlegiant

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/lilvenom/luna.jpg

it says it'll sell for $50.00.

but i can't make it to San Diego.

How easy would it be for me to ask someone to pick it up? do they just sell these at the manufacturer's table? do they usually jack up the prices within the con or will they sell these at the price that's advertised?

and now i ask, who here wants to pick one up for me? i can send you money easily- paypal, check, whatever you want :) i'll give you my UPS or Fed Ex account number for shipping, and throw in a few extra bucks for you to buy whatever you want. and i would love you eternally. i'll even make a photoshop in your honor.

SteveZegers
07-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Some companies let you order and pay ahead of time. You would just have to get someone to pick it up. Some it is really limited and would require you getting someone to wait on a line for you. Depends on who is selling it.

(Or just check ebay right after the show)

Jonny Z
07-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Some companies let you order and pay ahead of time. You would just have to get someone to pick it up. Some it is really limited and would require you getting someone to wait on a line for you. Depends on who is selling it.

(Or just check ebay right after the show)

eh, ebay is a last resort- but people will put it up there expecting to sell it for hundreds of bucks after buying it for only $50 at the show and i don't want to get suckered into that.

Pat Loika
07-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Gentle Giant usually just lets people line up for their stuff. There might be a raffle drawing determining WHEN you can pick up your bust, but its generally easy to get one.

Check your PMs, Jonny.

P.

KingMob
07-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Gentle Giant usually just lets people line up for their stuff. There might be a raffle drawing determining WHEN you can pick up your bust, but its generally easy to get one.

Check your PMs, Jonny.

P.

They used to raffle all the star wars stuff. This was a couple years ago though.

wholaughslast
07-16-2007, 08:46 AM
yeah, someone wanna pick me up that Cap bust, ill pay you back :D

Buk Was Right
07-16-2007, 09:58 AM
When I bought the Ghost of Lobster Johnson figure I'm pretty sure I just bought it from the manufacturer's booth... It wasn't marked up or anything, but that was on the first day I think so I don't know if once they sell out or whatever other vendors are selling them at a mark up...

TV Zombie
07-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Con Exclusive figs won't be marked up at the con so you can expect this to go for $50.

The problem is the line... someone touched on this earlier, but there is always a line. I get the SW exclusives and the lines are always like an hour or so and if that's if you get there first thing and straight to the booth. Most of these exclusives have a limited amount to sell per day so if you get there late you might miss out for that days sale.

Your best bet is to check the manufacturers site. i have already pre-ordered some bobble heads through the manufactures site and they said they would even ship to me. But I already know I'll be in line for the SW exlcusives.

SteveZegers
07-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Oh screw Gentle Giant. Those bastards sold out of the Bubo from Clash of the Titans statue so I can't buy one. They suck!