Knightspider
07-11-2007, 09:28 PM
awsome

and amazed that Bendis never played a MGS game

S. Earl
07-11-2007, 09:30 PM
THIS LOOKS AMAZING!
But I don't have a ps3

and I still haven't even played Metal Gear 3...

I will have to take care of both of those subjects before 08

Fusion
07-11-2007, 09:31 PM
THIS LOOKS AMAZING!
But I don't have a ps3

and I still haven't even played Metal Gear 3...

I will have to take care of both of those subjects before 08

MGS 3 is worth every penny. The Entire series is, and this doesn't look any different.

Pat Loika
07-11-2007, 09:34 PM
AMAZING. Great to see Vamp again.

Knightspider
07-11-2007, 09:35 PM
MGS 3 is worth every penny. The Entire series is, and this doesn't look any different.

this game only is worth buying a PS3, thats crazy

call me crazy then:)

Fusion
07-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Here's the 15 Min Trailer guys...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/11087.html?type=

S. Earl
07-11-2007, 09:37 PM

That is what I have heard

I have played all the other Metal Gear (except for the DS ones) games a few times over - but around the time when MGS3 came out, I was not playing games for awhile. Which has now changed.

Knightspider
07-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Here's the 15 Min Trailer guys...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/11087.html?type=

i thought it was an extended version of the new one:sad:

Fusion
07-11-2007, 09:39 PM
i thought it was an extended version of the new one:sad:

Sorry I thought so too. Premature excitement happens to me allot. :D

I see Meryl is back though! :cool:

Boris the Blade
07-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Those chickenleg walker things are absolutely hideous.

Looks neat though.

Fusion
07-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Those chickenleg walker things are absolutely hideous.

Looks neat though.

I can do with out the "Moo" cow sounds either.

Dan McLellan
07-11-2007, 10:41 PM
This looks like it will be a great movie.

The graphics look pretty good but I'd say Gears looks as good or better.

Eh. Hard to get excited when there is so little gameplay information and it just looks like a substandard square cutscene. I think the game that most shows off PS3 graphically right now is FF which looks amazing. This didn't look that great.

I'm biased as I only played MGS2 for about an hour but had to shut it off because the cut scenes made me so mad.

Fusion
07-11-2007, 10:56 PM
This looks like it will be a great movie.

The graphics look pretty good but I'd say Gears looks as good or better.

Eh. Hard to get excited when there is so little gameplay information and it just looks like a substandard square cutscene. I think the game that most shows off PS3 graphically right now is FF which looks amazing. This didn't look that great.

I'm biased as I only played MGS2 for about an hour but had to shut it off because the cut scenes made me so mad.

50% of the game is cut scenes. As we speak I'm almost finished MGS3

Dan McLellan
07-11-2007, 10:57 PM
50% of the game is cut scenes. As we speak I'm almost finished MGS3

FIFTY PERCENT???? fuck that. I'll take mario.

Fusion
07-11-2007, 10:59 PM

Eh maybe 40% but its all worth it. One of the best game series for story alone. Ever.

Boris the Blade
07-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Really? What's the game's estimated completion time looking at? Because then it would kind of be like... y'know, like buying a tv series on DVD with a video game as a bonus feature!

Dan McLellan
07-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Eh maybe 40% but its all worth it. One of the best game series for story alone. Ever.

That trailer had dialogue and story that made me want to cry. the first one was okay despite ripping off a lot of stuff from Escape From New York.

It'll have great presentation but I think the over emphasis on non-interactive story elements COMPLETELY kills the fun for me.

Fusion
07-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Really? What's the game's estimated completion time looking at? Because then it would kind of be like... y'know, like buying a tv series on DVD with a video game as a bonus feature!

If you have no life, then it might take you a week other wise with an active social life your looking at 3 maybe 4 tops.

The Hodag
07-12-2007, 12:15 AM

I'm always surprised at how much folks love the MGS storylines (and most video game storyline for that matter). The MGS series has some of the most convoluted, action-movie-derivative, over-explained stories of all time. Broadly speaking, there's simply TOO MUCH STUFF. Individual scenes are sometimes pretty okay, but taken together, one ridiculous plotline compounding the next...well, I can almost enjoy the series as camp. I play it every once in a while and kinda laugh at how Solid's usually the least cool guy in the game and every villain has some tragic story the game's far more enamoured with.

The Hodag
07-12-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm always surprised at how much folks love the MGS storylines (and most video game storyline for that matter). The MGS series has some of the most convoluted, action-movie-derivative, over-explained stories of all time. Broadly speaking, there's simply TOO MUCH STUFF. Individual scenes are sometimes pretty okay, but taken together, one ridiculous plotline compounding the next...well, I can almost enjoy the series as camp. I play it every once in a while and kinda laugh at how Solid's usually the least cool guy in the game and every villain has some tragic story the game's far more enamoured with.

I just realized how condescending that might've sounded. Apologies. I have a love/hate relationship with MGS, but I am genuinely surprised folks are so taken with the stories. They just seem monumentally jumbled to me.

Bedlam66
07-12-2007, 12:38 AM
I played the First MGS for the orig PS but I've never gotten around to playing the others. MGS4 looks fucking sweet though.

JackBauer
07-12-2007, 12:45 AM
I just love the tragic stories of the villains and the übercomplicated storylines.

Solid Snake: "A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own."

Truer words have never been spoken in a video game.

The Hodag
07-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Any of y'all been buying the IDW comics? They came around during one of the "love" phases of my love/hate with MGS and I picked up the trade based on the first Playstation MGS story. It seemed wholly faithful to the ridiculous story and Ashley Wood's freak-art felt surprisingly right for it. I enjoyed it. Haven't read any of the Sons of Liberty stuff yet.

JackBauer
07-12-2007, 01:45 AM
No, I don't think Ashley Wood's art doesn't fit when it comes to MGS.

The Hodag
07-12-2007, 02:02 AM
No, I don't think Ashley Wood's art doesn't fit when it comes to MGS.

It doesn't fit the in-game graphics, but it certainly seems to echo the prelim character design art I've seen for some of the games.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3601/snakeqe6.jpg

But, yeah, Wood's an acquired taste. I like him precisely because he's so non-commercial on such a commercial project - like Sienkiewicz on New Mutants back in the day. At the same time, I can also see how it'd be slick to have someone like Steve Epting or Mike Perkins (Brubaker's Cap artists) handling it. Doubt IDW could wrangle 'em, but it'd be something.

Knightspider
07-12-2007, 11:17 PM
i was thinking about the trailer and noticed that the only one that wasn't affected by foxdie? was the guy wearing the mask in the Foxhound group, could he be the new younger Snake that was showen in the trailer before this one?

Knightspider
07-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Any of y'all been buying the IDW comics? They came around during one of the "love" phases of my love/hate with MGS and I picked up the trade based on the first Playstation MGS story. It seemed wholly faithful to the ridiculous story and Ashley Wood's freak-art felt surprisingly right for it. I enjoyed it. Haven't read any of the Sons of Liberty stuff yet.

i read the first issue and remember it being like word for word to the game and just droped it

is there anything different that makes it worth the pick up?

i did enjoyed the art and looks similar to the cimatics they used in MGS for the PSP, which i'm also wondering how that turned has anyone played it

Fusion
07-12-2007, 11:38 PM
i was thinking about the trailer and noticed that the only one that wasn't affected by foxdie? was the guy wearing the mask in the Foxhound group, could he be the new younger Snake that was showen in the trailer before this one?

I think thats Raiden.

Knightspider
07-12-2007, 11:44 PM
I think thats Raiden.

my friend said that to me too when i told him who it might be, but Raiden is sporting the new ninja suit and i highly doubt he would be part of the foxhound group after being betrayed in Sons of Liberty, so i'm pretty sure he's flying solo in this game

Akira
07-13-2007, 04:08 AM
I think thats Raiden.

I think so too.

JackBauer
07-13-2007, 04:13 AM
What Do you think of Vamp's return?

Akira
07-13-2007, 04:24 AM
What Do you think of Vamp's return?

It was inevitable since he was not only in the ending scenes of MGS2 (confirming he was still alive) but he was also on the early promotional art for MGS4. And I'm psyched. I loved him and thought Phil Lemar did a great job voicing him