PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Season 3 News!

Evan the Shaggy
07-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Season Three, Volume I DVD Release Date Announced

In a surprise move, the release date for the first DVD set for the as yet unaired third season of Avatar has been announced by Paramount Home Entertainment. The street date for the set, which will include the first five episodes of the new season, is October 30th. Please see the full write up on TVShowsOnDVD.com which contains further details, including some solid speculation on a season three premiere date of late September.

The awesome cover art at left (click on the thumbnail to see the full size version) has the Gaang in Fire Nation garb, and, as many have been speculating would be the case, Aang with a full head of hair. This revealing cover art, along with the release date being announced before the episodes have even aired, has caused some controversy in the forum over the authenticity of this information. To settle this fast, we contacted Dave Lambert, the News Director for TVShowsOnDVD.com. He confirmed the information and indicated that TVShowsOnDVD.com gets its information right from Paramount's password protected press website.

If the cover art is any judge, season three looks worth the wait! Let's hope for more good news at SDCC!

http://www.avatarspiritmedia.net/images/dvds/Book3FireVolume1.jpg

Boo ya! I guess the season will start in late August or early September.

Brendan
07-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Wow. So the DVD release date is announced even before the airdate for the episodes? That's weird. Cool. But weird.

Anyway...yay! More Avatar soon.

ZombieSpeedball
07-11-2007, 09:31 AM
YES! Finally back. And... hair?

nihilance
07-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Awesome.

Non-bald Ang might be interesting too.

Alabasterdeity
07-11-2007, 09:39 AM
YES! Finally back. And... hair?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Dreg
07-11-2007, 09:55 AM
needs to catch up on episodes...Netflix ahoy!

Tyeron
07-11-2007, 09:58 AM
WOOHOOO.. damn i was wondering when this show was coming back.. Man i don't know why.. but Aang with hair just symbolizes what this show really does, and how the characters actually change and grow. I mean.. well Sakka hasn't really grown, but you see little improvements in him.. hehe

Man i'm so ready to see this!!

nihilance
07-11-2007, 10:07 AM
WOOHOOO.. damn i was wondering when this show was coming back.. Man i don't know why.. but Aang with hair just symbolizes what this show really does, and how the characters actually change and grow. I mean.. well Sakka hasn't really grown, but you see little improvements in him.. hehe

Man i'm so ready to see this!!

I think Sokka's grown quite a bit...particularly this season. He's becoming much more of a competent warrior...proving he can hold his own easily even though he's the only non-bender in his little group.

I wonder how much of Ang's hair growth will be an echo of Zuko's similar hair/spiritual growth in season 2 that ultimately failed him (and his uncle) in the season finale.

greg donovan
07-11-2007, 10:15 AM
I think Sokka's grown quite a bit...particularly this season. He's becoming much more of a competent warrior...proving he can hold his own easily even though he's the only non-bender in his little group.

I wonder how much of Ang's hair growth will be an echo of Zuko's similar hair/spiritual growth in season 2 that ultimately failed him (and his uncle) in the season finale.

i am still not 100% convinced that Zuko has turned on Iroh and joined up with his sister.

nihilance
07-11-2007, 10:40 AM
i am still not 100% convinced that Zuko has turned on Iroh and joined up with his sister.

I hope he hasn't...I was really enjoying his slow growth and redemption.

Brendan
07-12-2007, 09:43 AM

Agreed. He's still a wise-cracker, but he's really come into his own in a few episodes.

I still think Zuko is going to be the one to train Ang in firebending.

Brendan
07-12-2007, 09:44 AM

Me, too. His complete return to "the dark side" in the finale seemed VERY out of character and unmotivated for the character they spent all of season 2 building. Either Zuko is up to something, or that was unusually poor writing for this brilliant show.

nihilance
07-12-2007, 09:54 AM
I still think Zuko is going to be the one to train Ang in firebending.

Nah...I think his uncle will be doing that.

Me, too. His complete return to "the dark side" in the finale seemed VERY out of character and unmotivated for the character they spent all of season 2 building. Either Zuko is up to something, or that was unusually poor writing for this brilliant show.

I totally disagree. Zuko has been fighting his redemption hard and has found his new path extremely hard to accept. I can totally see having his honor restored and returning to his father's side dangled in front of him causing a relapse into his former ways. While it might be possible that it is a trick...I think it more likely that he rejoin the ranks of the Fire Nation and have his true change of heart when he's more prominantly placed and his betrayal of them would matter more. If Zuko turns it won't be until the final arc...and it very well might be at the price of his life.

Or I could be completely wrong. But I don't think him giving in and helping his sister/the Fire Nation is poor writing in the least.

elry
07-12-2007, 05:01 PM
I always thought there were going to be four seasons, 80 episodes, the article at the site that breaked the season three news makes it seem like this would be the final season

Dark Sasha
07-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Finally. But Aang?

I want Iroh to train Aang.

Jim.
07-12-2007, 05:10 PM
You guys this hardcore about Spongebob?

Dark Sasha
07-12-2007, 05:11 PM
You guys this hardcore about Spongebob?

Avatar is one of the best shows on television, dude.

jfp2004
07-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Cover looks awesome. I can't wait for season 3 to air...and yeah, this is a surprisingly good show.

Jim.
07-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Avatar is one of the best shows on television, dude.
Ok, sure. You go tell Foster and all the other imaginary friends.

Dark Sasha
07-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Ok, sure. You go tell Foster and all the other imaginary friends.

Dude, I'm serious. Watch an episode.

Jim.
07-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Dude, I'm serious. Watch an episode.
Maybe I will....Hannah Montana.

Dark Sasha
07-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Maybe I will....Hannah Montana.

DUDE, don't even compare it to that crap.

Jim.
07-12-2007, 05:31 PM
DUDE, don't even compare it to that crap.
Yeah...I'll throw on an Avatar DVD during an all day DVD on TV Marathon. I can sandwich it in between Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and The Fairly Odd Parents. Then I can invite all the 3 year olds in the neighborhood over. It will be fantastic.

Dark Sasha
07-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Yeah...I'll throw on an Avatar DVD during an all day DVD on TV Marathon. I can sandwich it in between Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and The Fairly Odd Parents. Then I can invite all the 3 year olds in the neighborhood over. It will be fantastic.

:nonono2:

Jim.
07-12-2007, 05:33 PM
:nonono2:
It's ok don't cry....you still have your Avatar party.

CONTINUITY BITCHES!

MabusRex
07-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Damn I love this show. Looking forward to the next season. I wonder if it'll start directly in the future with Hair Aang or lead into it and start with Bald Aang. I lean toward the former...

Dark Sasha
07-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Damn I love this show. Looking forward to the next season. I wonder if it'll start directly in the future with Hair Aang or lead into it and start with Bald Aang. I lean toward the former...

Well I want to know how the Coup gets resolved.

Brandon191
07-12-2007, 08:31 PM
I love this show. I hope YTV airs it the same time the US does.

youdontknowme
07-13-2007, 05:27 AM
i think zuko is pure fire nation and he will never betray his country but i think he will try to stop the war by taking the thrown for himself

ZombieSpeedball
07-13-2007, 05:34 AM
It's ok don't cry....you still have your Avatar party.

CONTINUITY BITCHES!

Man, why you gotta be like that?

Alabasterdeity
07-13-2007, 05:37 AM
i think zuko is pure fire nation and he will never betray his country but i think he will try to stop the war by taking the thrown for himself

I'm thinking something like that, too. I can see Zuko somehow taking thie Fire Lord's throne and then Aang has to fight HIM in the end. It would take a lot of episodes to do THAT, I think...

ZombieSpeedball
07-13-2007, 05:39 AM
I'm thinking something like that, too. I can see Zuko somehow taking thie Fire Lord's throne and then Aang has to fight HIM in the end. It would take a lot of episodes to do THAT, I think...

I don't really see that happening. I mean, I think if anything, the upcoming situations they find themselves in will probably lead to Zuko's death in the end, or Iroh's death, which will fuel Zuko either against the Fire Nation or against Aang. But I don't see him becoming the Fire Lord. At least I don't think so. I could be wrong.

Alabasterdeity
07-13-2007, 05:42 AM
I don't really see that happening. I mean, I think if anything, the upcoming situations they find themselves in will probably lead to Zuko's death in the end, or Iroh's death, which will fuel Zuko either against the Fire Nation or against Aang. But I don't see him becoming the Fire Lord. At least I don't think so. I could be wrong.

Like I say, to get him on the throne would probably take two seasons...I figure a LOT of stuff would have to happen first...namely, Zuko would have to get better at firebending...Iroh will probably have to die...and I figure Aang would have to face off with the current firelord at least once and fail. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. :)

greg donovan
07-13-2007, 05:55 AM
Nah...I think his uncle will be doing that.

I totally disagree. Zuko has been fighting his redemption hard and has found his new path extremely hard to accept. I can totally see having his honor restored and returning to his father's side dangled in front of him causing a relapse into his former ways. While it might be possible that it is a trick...I think it more likely that he rejoin the ranks of the Fire Nation and have his true change of heart when he's more prominantly placed and his betrayal of them would matter more. If Zuko turns it won't be until the final arc...and it very well might be at the price of his life.

Or I could be completely wrong. But I don't think him giving in and helping his sister/the Fire Nation is poor writing in the least.

that is why i love this show. it is written so well that it could easily go either way and would make total sense.

honestly, my thoughts about zuko's loyalties are mostly founded on wishfull thinking on my part. i really want him to turn against his evil sister and asshole father.

one plot thread that i am dreading the resolution of is what happened to the kyoshi warriors. if they are all dead that will really mess with sokka pretty bad.

nihilance
07-13-2007, 06:00 AM
that is why i love this show. it is written so well that it could easily go either way and would make total sense.

honestly, my thoughts about zuko's loyalties are mostly founded on wishfull thinking on my part. i really want him to turn against his evil sister and asshole father.

one plot thread that i am dreading the resolution of is what happened to the kyoshi warriors. if they are all dead that will really mess with sokka pretty bad.

Agreed. It was a particularly badass little turn to see the Kyoshi warriors show up in Ba Sing Se only to reveal that it's actually Princess Azula and her friends masquerading in their battlegear. We've had a few flashbacks going back to moments that were frozen in time and cut away from to reveal what happened next much later and I believe Azula's confrontation with the Kyoshi warriors is the only one we haven't had resolved yet.

Tyeron
07-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Well, as far as the whole uncle iroh thing goes

do you guys think that they'll get someone new to do the voice because Mako died last year. made me very sad, i really loved the character and i'm not sure a different voice would be able to carry on the character the way we enjoy him now.

I think iroh would make a great bending teacher.. but i've kind of thought that zuko is going to teach aang how to firebend for a little while.

greg donovan
07-13-2007, 06:18 AM
Agreed. It was a particularly badass little turn to see the Kyoshi warriors show up in Ba Sing Se only to reveal that it's actually Princess Azula and her friends masquerading in their battlegear. We've had a few flashbacks going back to moments that were frozen in time and cut away from to reveal what happened next much later and I believe Azula's confrontation with the Kyoshi warriors is the only one we haven't had resolved yet.

that last chunk of episodes was pretty damn depressing. the shit has really hit the fan on this show.

it is just full of people making bad decisions.

i am amazed that this show is on nickelodean. i am afraid that this season may be a bit too mature for my 5 year old so i will tape the episodes and watch them first to see what they are like. she allready copies all the bending moves after she watches the show.

nihilance
07-13-2007, 06:20 AM

do you guys think that they'll get someone new to do the voice because Mako died last year. made me very sad, i really loved the character and i'm not sure a different voice would be able to carry on the character the way we enjoy him now.

I think iroh would make a great bending teacher.. but i've kind of thought that zuko is going to teach aang how to firebend for a little while.

They already have gotten someone new to voice the character...Greg Baldwin who appartently has already done Iroh's voice on 3 occasions.

greg donovan
07-13-2007, 06:31 AM

they allready have someone new and he did some voice work allready but i am not sure how much. his name is greg baldwin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Baldwin

you can see his work in this out of continuity short here called school time shipping:

http://www.nick.com/avatarshort/

the password is koh.

it is done in a superdeformed anime style.

greg donovan
07-13-2007, 06:33 AM
They already have gotten someone new to voice the character...Greg Baldwin who appartently has already done Iroh's voice on 3 occasions.

gah! you beat me too it. i decided to look up more stuff and stop a couple fights between my kids.

Tyeron
07-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Awesome, that's soo good to hear, i really hope that iroh's character is still out there, definitely one of my favorites.. i mean i dig em all but i like uncle iroh as a favorite..

cause he learns from the other nations.. he worked in the water bending techniques so he could manipulate his own firebending...

greg donovan
07-13-2007, 07:12 AM
just watched the anime short and maybe it is because i havent heard mako do iroh in a while but baldwin is similar that it will not be distracting at all.

the voice actor for aang in the pilot is not the same as the voice actor for the rest of the series.