PDA

View Full Version : Go to 7-11

Ange-face
07-10-2007, 10:27 AM
And stock up on enough Buzz cola, Krusty-O's and Squishees to last the rest of your life.

Support The Simpsons Movie.

SKAtoons
07-10-2007, 10:55 AM
does anyone else think that this movie is 15 years too late or is it just me?

Ange-face
07-10-2007, 11:27 AM
I love the simpsons. I think the show is still hilarious and i think it still beats the majority of television shows on now.

DaGetHighKnight
07-10-2007, 11:39 AM

If it was the future where Lisa is president,Bart is a stoner and Lisa is still a baby then it would be awesome.

oysterboy
07-10-2007, 11:42 AM
I haven't enjoyed much of the simpsons in a long time, And a Simpson's movie would have been more anticipated an even longer time ago, but the new trailer sure has me excited to see it! I think it will be successful. People may be tired of the Simpson's, but the animation looks great, and it looks quite entertaining. I think it will be good.

And I read that the stuff in the 7-11's is all funded by the 7-11 stores, so the Simpson's camp doesn't see any profit from that.

JABSEN
07-10-2007, 12:00 PM
There are no 7-11s anywhere near me.
does anyone else think that this movie is 15 years too late or is it just me?The writing staff is supposed to be made up of people from their best season. So i dunno...

Ange-face
07-10-2007, 12:01 PM
And I read that the stuff in the 7-11's is all funded by the 7-11 stores, so the Simpson's camp doesn't see any profit from that.

No you are right XD

Maybe I phrased it wrong.. GO GET YOUR OWN SIMPSONS FOOD SHIT!

Buzz is really good >.>

JABSEN
07-10-2007, 12:12 PM
No Duff Beer, though?

Donal DeLay
07-10-2007, 12:18 PM

:wave:

I'm pretty much of the mindset that this movie won't be any different than a 2 (or 3) episode continuation storyline. Like the season finale/opener where Burns was shot. The only difference is they have more money so they can do some better camera angles with CGI in the background.

I'll wait for the DVD and netflix it. But my days of worshipping all that is Simpson is done with.

With that said, I DO need to stock up on some Buzz Cola and Duff (root?)Beer so I can hawk it on eBay 3 months after the promtional stunt dies down and everyone has drank all their merch gone.

suckers!

Ange-face
07-10-2007, 12:31 PM
No Duff Beer, though?

I don't know if they are selling it. But I live in PA so we can only buy beer/liquor from a beer/liquor store. 7-11 doesn't sell that stuff.

M. Sean McManus
07-10-2007, 01:23 PM
My local stores are all sold out of the special edition comic. I got one for my son, and someone asked me for another. I went to every 7-11 on my way to wrok and they are all sold out (that's 5 different stores).

dberger624
07-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Duff beer is a real beer by the way. Just have to got to Britain to get it.
Brewed by Daleside Brewery (http://www.dalesidebrewery.co.uk/index.php)

Cheers
Dan

http://www.dalesidebrewery.co.uk/assets/beer_images/duff_large.jpg

http://www.dalesidebrewery.co.uk/assets/page_headers/duff.gif

A strong beer with a deceptively 'dry' finish. Rich, dark chestnut colour and good head. Hints of butterscotch, fruit and roast barley aromas. Gratifyingly substantial.

ABV 5.0%

Drinking Duff Beer

Duff Beer is great for those who like a dry taste to their beers and ales; it's crisp flavour means it's a refreshing brew with all types of food and despite it's dark character it can be drunk at any time.

Did you know...?

Duff Beer was commissioned from Daleside Brewery by the Duff Trading Co.

Duff is a Scottish Gaelic word meaning black.

A Duff is a heavy pudding, usually made with suet and dried fruit and steamed or boiled in a cloth.

A Duff Shot - to play a bad shot at golf by hitting the ground behind the ball.

M. Sean McManus
07-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Duff is a Scottish Gaelic word meaning black. Actually I think this might be incorrect... but I'm sure there are more than one way to say black. I was told, in Glasgow that Black in Gaelic is Dub. "An Dub Mor" = the black room. "Dubthac" = Black Fighter (I forget the last part).

dberger624
07-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Actually I think this might be incorrect... but I'm sure there are more than one way to say black. I was told, in Glasgow that Black in Gaelic is Dub. "An Dub Mor" = the black room. "Dubthac" = Black Fighter (I forget the last part).

I just copied it from their website. If it's right. **shrugs shoulders**

oysterboy
07-10-2007, 05:59 PM
No you are right XD

Maybe I phrased it wrong.. GO GET YOUR OWN SIMPSONS FOOD SHIT!

Buzz is really good >.>

hahaha that's more like it. I wish I could, but there's nowhere in my area that is participating. I don't even think there are 7-11's in Canada. How does it taste? And what about the Slurpees??

Ange-face
07-12-2007, 08:56 AM
hahaha that's more like it. I wish I could, but there's nowhere in my area that is participating. I don't even think there are 7-11's in Canada. How does it taste? And what about the Slurpees??

I really don't know. I am sure it may not essentially taste all too different than other colas.. but I do like it. Plus the ambience of being BUZZ makes it better. The Squishees were super sweet, just like you would expect from watching the show. :D

oysterboy
07-12-2007, 09:19 AM
awesome, i want one.

M. Sean McManus
07-12-2007, 05:14 PM
FYI- I just saw a Simpon's Movie promo poster at the BK Lounge.

Ange-face
07-12-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm trying to finagle my way into getting some displays before they throw them out when the promo is over XD

ShortStack
07-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Once again, 7-11=the poor mans Wawa.
Nobody fucks with the Wa.