PDA

View Full Version : True Story Swear to God #7

Mxy
07-06-2007, 06:39 PM
So i go to my local comic store and guess what i see on the shelf. Me. Yeah im on the cover of a comic. Talk about falling into the twilight zone. Got to tell you its probably the weirdest experience to stand around a NY comic shop and have total strangers buy a book with your face on the cover.

Brad N.
07-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Damn it to hell! I picked up # 6 and # 7 from the LCS but I still cannot find # 5 anywhere. I had it on my pull list but they forgot and like X23 # 3 for some odd reason I haven't been able to find it anywhere. So until I find a copy I have to wait to read 6 and 7! Grrr!

TomBelandTSSTG
07-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Are you going to San Diego? I'll have some back issues there.

David... it IS a weird experience, isn't it? I still get a kick out of it.

Brewtown Andy
07-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Damn it to hell! I picked up # 6 and # 7 from the LCS but I still cannot find # 5 anywhere. I had it on my pull list but they forgot and like X23 # 3 for some odd reason I haven't been able to find it anywhere. So until I find a copy I have to wait to read 6 and 7! Grrr!I had the same thing happen to me. My LCS said they're going to order me up a copy.

Fat Randy
07-06-2007, 07:04 PM

Good to see that you're going to be at SDCC, I've heard plenty of wonderful reviews from friends about your comic and I'm going to have to pick up the full run if possible :D

Brad N.
07-06-2007, 07:55 PM

No San Diego for my poor ass this year...Next year I'm hoping to do BOTH SD and Chicago. I'm looking around online to see if I can get a copy there so it shouldn't be a biggie.

Brad N.
07-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Good to see that you're going to be at SDCC, I've heard plenty of wonderful reviews from friends about your comic and I'm going to have to pick up the full run if possible :D

Pssssst, next week the first TPB comes out. I love it. :D

Mylazycat
07-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Pssssst, next week the first TPB comes out. I love it. :D

I know it was a series pre-Image, so can I jump right in with this trade or should I start from the very beginning as it tells a true story?

Brad N.
07-06-2007, 08:10 PM
I know it was a series pre-Image, so can I jump right in with this trade or should I start from the very beginning as it tells a true story?

You can totally jump right in, I did and I love the shit out of it. I still haven't read the pre-Image stuff and I'm sure there's another level of appreciation there and I eventually plan to but I don't feel like I've missed out on anything at all. I would recommend this book to anyone here and if you missed out on the singles the trade would be a great start... I think it's 1-6 and 7 came out yesterday so you could totally be caught up.

RebootedCorpse
08-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey Tom, My wife wanted me to tell you how much she loves this book.
TSSTG is one of about five comics she reads every issue.
So there you go!
By the way, I love it too.

Thommy Melanson
08-04-2007, 01:29 PM
I normally hate "autobio" comics, as I have my own dumb life so why do I need to read about someone elses?

But TSSTG charmed the pants right off me.

(I go commando, btw)

Tom and Lily's story is unashamedly optimistic and affirmation in that whole cardiovascular connection between two people thing for those of us that think "love" is little more than a euphemism for "cock" in KISS lyrics.