PDA

View Full Version : The New Outsiders (spoilers)

Evan the Shaggy
07-06-2007, 09:53 AM
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/outsiders/BOutsiders_t.jpg

Interesting choices.

Raphael J
07-06-2007, 09:57 AM
I find it a bit strange that they'd post it fully before the upcoming "decision-making" issues come out. Part of what got me anticipated for OYL was that both the Titans and Outsider teams were unrevealed. DC doing this kind of takes the fun out of me having preordered the issues already.

Jef UK
07-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Interesting, but seems like there's a fair amount of doubling of rolls.

Do you really need a ninja samurai and a super cat burgler? Don't Grace and Metamorpho basically = Jonz? I guess he's a phychic too. Batman should fire everybody and he and Jonz could probably take care of everything.

I haven't read this book since Infinite Crisis. How is it these days? Winnick still penning?

Bill Nolan
07-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Nobody has cared enough to keep the other thread going, so I doubt there's going to be enough interest to support two...

SteveZegers
07-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Interesting, but Katana's skirt/cape thing is silly.

ClintP
07-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Is Batman an outsider now? Sorry for not having a clue.

Bill Nolan
07-06-2007, 10:19 AM

Jesus, now I feel old...

ClintP
07-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Jesus, now I feel old...

Why, did you forget something?

Whip
07-06-2007, 10:21 AM
So, which one's Pony Boy and which one's Soda Pop?

Ray G.
Only two characters on that team interest me at all.

And I can't believe Grace is staying on the team if her shmoopie(THEY'RE LESBIANS!!!!!!!) Thunder isn't.

Jef UK

Jesus, now I feel old...

:lol:

Sy-Klone
07-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Is Winick still writing the book?

Jef UK
07-06-2007, 10:22 AM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7e/Batman-Outsiders-1.png/250px-Batman-Outsiders-

Masculine Todd
07-06-2007, 10:23 AM
I must say, I haven't been this excited in relation to Outsiders since the series was first launched.

I am rather partial to "odd couple" teams where B-Listers are thrown together to prove themselves. I love Catwoman and her chemistry with Batman. I love what Winick has done with Captain Boomerang II and am intrigued by the prospect of Batman's paranoid demeanor in relation to governing a team with a former villain who is young (early 20s) and in need of guidance. It would be great to see them form an uneasy mentor-apprentice relationship. J'onn is a wild card, and his recently developed disdain for humanity and his appearance on the recent villains teaser poster lead to very promising angles for this book. Grace is a strong character and I'm disappointed Thunder won't be with the team, as her relationship with Grace just began and came across as very promising.

This team has so much potential, and I, for one, will be on board when it comes out.

ClintP
07-06-2007, 10:25 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7e/Batman-Outsiders-1.png/250px-Batman-Outsiders-

Thank you, thought the font was a little small in that first work balloon. I tell you, all I know about DC I learned from the DCU cartoons.

ClintP
07-06-2007, 10:26 AM
So, is batman on the team? :)

Masculine Todd
07-06-2007, 10:28 AM
So, is batman on the team? :)

No.

Batman commands the team.

They others are Bat-Bitches!

Oooh. Catwoman got served.

ClintP
07-06-2007, 10:39 AM
No.

Batman commands the team.

They others are Bat-Bitches!

Oooh. Catwoman got served.

Hmm... I might grab an issue. Where is Nightwing now?

Bill Nolan
07-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Hmm... I might grab an issue. Where is Nightwing now?

I'm pretty sure he's only ever in Candor... what? Yes, old... :surrend:

SteveZegers
07-06-2007, 10:41 AM

And I'm the only one that knows what you're talking about.

Bill Nolan
07-06-2007, 10:45 AM
I can't believe I spelled Kandor wrong! :scared:

Master Jack Rabbitt

Heh. :D

Master Jack Rabbitt
I can't believe I spelled Kandor wrong! :scared:

You must be getting old.

Bill Nolan
07-06-2007, 10:46 AM
You must be getting old.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g104/wanolan/old.gif

skinnyrunaway
07-06-2007, 10:47 AM
http://dccomics.com/media/covers/7989_400x600.jpg

Looks like there's more people on the team than just those in the teaser...

ClintP
07-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Huh?

And I'm the only one that knows what you're talking about.
Probably, you old fart.

Master Jack Rabbitt
07-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Huh?

From wiki:

As first depicted in the story "Superman in Kandor" in Superman (Vol. 1) #158 (January 1963), Nightwing is an alias used by Superman in Edmond Hamilton-penned pre-Crisis adventures in the city of Kandor, a Kryptonian city that was shrunken and preserved in a bottle.

In Kandor, Superman has no superpowers and, in the story, is branded an outlaw there due to a misunderstanding. To disguise themselves, Superman and Jimmy Olsen create vigilante identities inspired by Batman and Robin. Because neither bats nor robins lived on Krypton, Superman chooses the names of two birds owned by Superman's Kandorian friend Nor-Kan: "Nightwing" for himself and "Flamebird" for Olsen. The Dynamic Duo of Kandor create costumes evocative of the birds' plumage. Nightwing and Flamebird rename Nor-Kan's underground laboratory as the "Nightcave", and use it as their secret headquarters. They also convert Nor-Kan's automobile into their "Nightmobile", and use "jet-belts" to fly into battle.

In Jimmy Olsen #69 (June 1963), "The Dynamic Duo of Kandor" introduces Nightwing's dog Nighthound. In "The Feud Between Batman and Superman" in World's Finest #143(August 1964), Batman and Robin themselves visit Kandor with Superman and Olsen and the two Dynamic Duos team up.

In Superman Family #183 (May-June 1977), Superman's look-alike second cousin Van-Zee and his niece's husband Ak-Var take up the Nightwing and Flamebird identities. The vigilantes take on crime in their city as had Superman and Olsen before them.

RegularJoe
07-06-2007, 11:06 AM
I love what Winick has done with Captain Boomerang II and am intrigued by the prospect of Batman's paranoid demeanor in relation to governing a team with a former villain who is young (early 20s) and in need of guidance. It would be great to see them form an uneasy mentor-apprentice relationship.

which could cause some batman/robin problems since captain boomerang I killed jack drake.

bad blood between robin and this dude.

Ray G.
07-06-2007, 11:06 AM
which could cause some batman/robin problems since captain boomerang I killed jack drake.

bad blood between robin and this dude.

Actually, they had a recent team-up where they sort of came to terms with each other.

RegularJoe
07-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Actually, they had a recent team-up where they sort of came to terms with each other.

it was a very begrudging thing if i recall. and batman's always been one to hold a grudge. surprised he wouldn't over this.

The Human Target
07-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah, don't like that line up.

There's too much overlap and Martian Manhunter and to a lesser extent Metamorpho are waaaaaay more powerful than everyone else.

Is Batman just going to be an Outsider now? Or is he going to be in this, JLA, and his fifty solo titles?

ZombieSpeedball
07-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, don't like that line up.

There's too much overlap and Martian Manhunter and to a lesser extent Metamorpho are waaaaaay more powerful than everyone else.

Is Batman just going to be an Outsider now? Or is he going to be in this, JLA, and his fifty solo titles?

Yes he is. And I like the line up. I can understand Nightwing not being a part of the team, I would imagine he wouldn't even want to now that Bruce swiped it from him. And I like the inclusion of Catwoman to the team, as well as the removal of Thunder, because... well, I hated her new costume. Same for Katana, but she's still here.

DAVE
07-06-2007, 11:57 AM
http://dccomics.com/media/covers/7989_400x600.jpg

Eveyone! Grab my Bat-Weiner at the same time! Ahh yeah....just like Alfred and the kids do it...

Fusion
07-06-2007, 12:29 PM
This is gonna be a fun book. I can't wait to jump on this and New Warriors.