PDA

View Full Version : is my old X-Box worth keeping just for Marvel Vs. Capcom 2?

Jonny Z
07-05-2007, 04:05 PM
so i'm selling off a lot of stuff that i don't really need anymore so i can buy a 15" macbook pro for $2,500.

i have my old x-box and then i have my x-box 360. now some games for the original xbox are compatible with the 360, but the following games that i own aren't- X-Men Legends 2, Evil Dead Regeneration, ESPN NFL 2k5, From Russia with love, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. now i really could care less about all those games except for Marvel vs. Capcom 2. it's like the greatest game ever. but I could sell off all that with the system and make over $100 easily- maybe close to $200 if i'm lucky. Microsoft seems to have given up on adding to it's compatibility list for the 360 so i have to either keep both or sell off both. what should i do!?!?!?!? aaaaaaaaaaah this sucks :( fuck you microsoft. i wish they'd just release the damn game again for 360.

Albert
07-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Why are you going with a Macbook Pro? I'm not doubting you, I just know a lot of people who probably would do fine with just a plain ol' Macbook but spend a lot more for the Pro. Not that that's you! Etc.!

DrMachine
07-05-2007, 04:07 PM
2500$ for a macbook pro? is it made of gold?

Jonny Z
07-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Why are you going with a Macbook Pro for? I'm not doubting you, I just know a lot of people who probably would do fine with just a plain ol' Macbook but spend a lot more for the Pro.

you know, i'm actually on the fence about that. the white macbook is about half the price of the pro that i wanted, but for some reason i feel like splurging. i need someone to talk me down. every time i go to the apple store, i stare at the pretty macbook pros and completely ignore the regular macbooks. but i'll check one out next time i'm in the store.

Jonny Z
07-05-2007, 04:09 PM
2500$ for a macbook pro? is it made of gold?

actually, it's less... i get some student discounts and stuff. but retail is 2500. anyway, i'm selling off a ton of stuff to afford it. but maybe i will get the regular macbook.

Albert
07-05-2007, 04:10 PM
you know, i'm actually on the fence about that. the white macbook is about half the price of the pro that i wanted, but for some reason i feel like splurging. i need someone to talk me down. every time i go to the apple store, i stare at the pretty macbook pros and completely ignore the regular macbooks. but i'll check one out next time i'm in the store.

I actually think the Macbook Pros, with their visible speakers et al, are kinda uglier than the Macbooks! And I like the white better than silver! But that's just me.

What do you mainly use a computer for?

Shawn_Kehoe
07-05-2007, 04:12 PM
so i'm selling off a lot of stuff that i don't really need anymore so i can buy a 15" macbook pro for $2,500.

i have my old x-box and then i have my x-box 360. now some games for the original xbox are compatible with the 360, but the following games that i own aren't- X-Men Legends 2, Evil Dead Regeneration, ESPN NFL 2k5, From Russia with love, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. now i really could care less about all those games except for Marvel vs. Capcom 2. it's like the greatest game ever. but I could sell off all that with the system and make over $100 easily- maybe close to $200 if i'm lucky. Microsoft seems to have given up on adding to it's compatibility list for the 360 so i have to either keep both or sell off both. what should i do!?!?!?!? aaaaaaaaaaah this sucks :( fuck you microsoft. i wish they'd just release the damn game again for 360.

They also made Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for the Dreamcast and PS2, if you own one of those consoles and are willing to track it down.

I face a similar dilemma with my Dreamcast. Of the three games I own, I don't care about Sonic Adventure, and I own Resident Evil 3 on two formats. That leaves Toy Commander, which is awesome. I'm not sure whether I'll keep it or not.

Shawn

Jonny Z
07-05-2007, 04:12 PM
I actually think the Macbook Pros, with their visible speakers et al, are kinda uglier than the Macbooks! And I like the white better than silver! But that's just me.

What do you mainly use a computer for?

i like the black most, but that one is more expensive for no reason at all, so i'd settle for white.

i plan on doing some video editing (although nothing too advanced) and lots of photoshopping, as it's my speciality. also i'm starting to fall in love with the mac o/s.

Jonny Z
07-05-2007, 04:13 PM
They also made Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for the Dreamcast and PS2, if you own one of those consoles and are willing to track it down.

I face a similar dilemma with my Dreamcast. Of the three games I own, I don't care about Sonic Adventure, and I own Resident Evil 3 on two formats. That leaves Toy Commander, which is awesome. I'm not sure whether I'll keep it or not.

Shawn

i still have a PS2, but looking at ebay, the game seems to cost more for the ps2 than it does for the xbox! but maybe that's my only option if i wanna make some money on my xbox console.

DrMachine
07-05-2007, 04:14 PM
actually, it's less... i get some student discounts and stuff. but retail is 2500. anyway, i'm selling off a ton of stuff to afford it. but maybe i will get the regular macbook.

Right now I'm torn between the macbook pro and macbook(black) with everything I want the price difference is only 500$.

without a warranty...

AAlgar
07-05-2007, 04:15 PM
I got the $1200 no-frills MacBook and it's perfectly fine for pretty much anything I need.

Albert
07-05-2007, 04:16 PM
i like the black most, but that one is more expensive for no reason at all, so i'd settle for white.

i plan on doing some video editing (although nothing too advanced) and lots of photoshopping, as it's my speciality. also i'm starting to fall in love with the mac o/s.

No reason not to be in love with it!

Yeah, I like the black, too, but it's $200 more just for 40gigs more of hard drive (same processor speed, RAM, etc.). WTF, right?

The Pros have slightly faster CPU speed, better graphics processor and a higher capacity for RAM, so if that does it for you, rock it. I personally like the Macbook b/c it's small and light and I need to take my laptop around with me a lot. Photoshopping should be fine on a Macbook, and you can expand up to two gig RAM. As far as video editing though, that's the kind of stuff you should probably do on a Pro if you're serious about it, but just messing around should be OK. You'll kind of have to decide for yourself, I suppose...

And oh yeah, if you wanna play games, get a Pro. But who plays games on their computers these days?

Yorick Brown
07-05-2007, 04:17 PM
I have a white MacBook (top of the line a year ago) and it couldn't be better. If you don't do hardcore video or graphic work, there's just no need for the MacBook Pro.

As for white vs. black with the MacBook, the guy at the Apple Store we talked to a year ago pushed for the white because the black looks greasy almost immediately upon being touched...

Jonny Z
07-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Right now I'm torn between the macbook pro and macbook(black) with everything I want the price difference is only 500$.

without a warranty...

the student discount warranty is like $100 cheaper, if you can find a way to get it. i think you can just buy a macbook with anyone's student ID. i think you can also get it on amazon for cheaper as well.

Jonny Z
07-05-2007, 04:21 PM
No reason not to be in love with it!

Yeah, I like the black, too, but it's $200 more just for 40gigs more of hard drive (same processor speed, RAM, etc.). WTF, right?

The Pros have slightly faster CPU speed, better graphics processor and a higher capacity for RAM, so if that does it for you, rock it. I personally like the Macbook b/c it's small and light and I need to take my laptop around with me a lot. Photoshopping should be fine on a Macbook, and you can expand up to two gig RAM. As far as video editing though, that's the kind of stuff you should probably do on a Pro if you're serious about it, but just messing around should be OK. You'll kind of have to decide for yourself, I suppose...

And oh yeah, if you wanna play games, get a Pro. But who plays games on their computers these days?

yeah, i'm gonna see how much i get for all my stuff that i'm selling on ebay... i have about 15 auctions going right now and i haven't even started selling off my comic books. once i total all that up, i'll see how much i got and how far away i am from each of the macbooks... and then i'll decide how much i wanna spend out of pocket for one.

right now i have a powerbook g4 12" (it's up on ebay to help pay for a new laptop) with 1ghz processor and 512 mb ram 60 gb hard drive and it ran iMovie ok for some basic video editing, but i want something that'll blow me away today and 2-3 years from now. it's tough to decide with those crazy macbook prices...

Albert
07-05-2007, 04:23 PM
yeah, i'm gonna see how much i get for all my stuff that i'm selling on ebay... i have about 15 auctions going right now and i haven't even started selling off my comic books. once i total all that up, i'll see how much i got and how far away i am from each of the macbooks... and then i'll decide how much i wanna spend out of pocket for one.

right now i have a powerbook g4 12" (it's up on ebay to help pay for a new laptop) with 1ghz processor and 512 mb ram 60 gb hard drive and it ran iMovie ok for some basic video editing, but i want something that'll blow me away today and 2-3 years from now. it's tough to decide with those crazy macbook prices...

The important thing is, no matter which one you get, we'll be able to video iChat. :heart:

Jonny Z
07-05-2007, 04:28 PM
The important thing is, no matter which one you get, we'll be able to video iChat. :heart:

my macbook can't arrive fast enough :hubba hubba:

i also want the new macbook so my iphone has a new friend to play with :)

and hopefully when the new OS comes out, there will be lots of newfound compatibility between the two.

Albert
07-05-2007, 04:32 PM
my macbook can't arrive fast enough :hubba hubba:

i also want the new macbook so my iphone has a new friend to play with :)

and hopefully when the new OS comes out, there will be lots of newfound compatibility between the two.

Oh man. Syncing my appointments in iCal 3 to my iPhone is gonna ROCK MY BALLS OFF.

Fat Randy
07-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Keep the Xbox and mod it

Simps
07-05-2007, 04:49 PM

If you plan on editing video, especially with something like Final Cut Pro, you'll want the Macbook Pro.

Jonny Z
07-05-2007, 05:05 PM
If you plan on editing video, especially with something like Final Cut Pro, you'll want the Macbook Pro.

yeah, the 15" $2000 macbook pro seems to be the best choice right now. i get $200 off with (my sister's) student discount as well as a free ipod nano (which i can sell on ebay for close to retail price probably). and i think the apple care for it is like $250.

Roman Noodles
07-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Until they make a new MvC YES!

haloJONES
07-05-2007, 06:13 PM
get call of duty 3, halo2, marvel ultimate universe

Akira
07-05-2007, 06:21 PM
You'd get more money for selling MvsC2 if you wanted to keep your system. You could seriously pull in $100+ for it if you wanted
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-vs-Capcom-2-X-box-version_W0QQitemZ190128868259QQihZ009QQcategoryZ62 053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-Marvel-vs-Capcom-2-New-Age-of-Heroes-Xbox_W0QQitemZ150137787319QQihZ005QQcategoryZ62053 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Modok Gas
07-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Keep the Xbox and mod it

Unless it's a later model, like mine :(

J Money
07-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Naw you dont need that old game.

Jonny Z
07-05-2007, 06:35 PM
You'd get more money for selling MvsC2 if you wanted to keep your system. You could seriously pull in $100+ for it if you wanted
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-vs-Capcom-2-X-box-version_W0QQitemZ190128868259QQihZ009QQcategoryZ62 053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-Marvel-vs-Capcom-2-New-Age-of-Heroes-Xbox_W0QQitemZ150137787319QQihZ005QQcategoryZ62053 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

my point is that i only HAVE my old x-box because of MvsC2 :) i would sell both on ebay, or neither.

Akira
07-05-2007, 06:36 PM
my point is that i only HAVE my old x-box because of MvsC2 :) i would sell both on ebay, or neither.

Ah. then go for it. I'd never sell my MvC2 but that's cause I'm an addict. :twisted:

Roman Noodles
07-05-2007, 06:40 PM
My GOD!!! WHAT I WOULDN'T GIVE TO SEE A Marvel vs. Capcom 3!!!!!

Jonny Z
07-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Ah. then go for it. I'd never sell my MvC2 but that's cause I'm an addict. :twisted:

i think i'm gonna keep it for a week, see how my other auctions do. if they don't do as well as i hope, this will be my last resort to scrape some extra cash.

my copy of MvC2 is kinda scratched up cuz i bought it used at an EB Games, so if i decide to keep it, maybe i'll search around town to see if an EB Games has a better looking copy and then swap it out.

AAlgar
07-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Waitwaitwait.

You have a sister?

Corey A.
07-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Marvel vs Capcom 2 will fetch a nice penny on the ebay.

Jonny Z
07-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Waitwaitwait.

You have a sister?

and she's 20 :heybaby:

AAlgar
07-05-2007, 07:49 PM
and she's 20 :heybaby:

Pics please! I need me some of that JAP action!

Jonny Z
07-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Pics please! I need me some of that JAP action!

http://carpemundus.com/blog1/SarahSilverman.jpg

AAlgar
07-05-2007, 08:02 PM
http://carpemundus.com/blog1/SarahSilverman.jpg

:drool:

Man, I would totally hit that, right in the tuchus.

Georgie
07-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Considering I own MvC2 for Xbox, but I don't actually have an Xbox, I'd say yeah, keep it. I've owned this damn game on 3 different systems, and have regretted every time I've traded it in/sold it. Sometimes you just want to kick some Capcom ass with a great custom X-Team.

Caley Tibbittz
07-05-2007, 08:46 PM
I will never get rid of my original XBOX for the Buffy game alone. It's not 'cause I'm a fan, it's 'cause it's a fantastic game.

dougmac
07-05-2007, 10:13 PM
it really sucks that all games weren't backwards compatible.