PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a job

lonesomefool
07-05-2007, 12:19 PM
As some of you may know, I have been working as a farm hand temporarily until a job in the Heating and Air field opens. Well, today I went in for an interview and knocked it out of the park and they hired me on the spot. The place is a part of a chain (One Hour Heating and A.C.), has consistent work despite a shitty housing market, pays well, good benefits, etc.

I am part time (if they need me) until mid-August, when I start full time. They are switching shops so they didnt want to bring me on until after August 1st. Now I can (hopefully) move out in a month or so and get started with my life. I also now longer feel like a loser :lol:

I also have been doing some thinking and have decided that right now is a horrible, horrible time for me to be with anyone past a one night stand (which I never do anyway). Right now, I am at such a major turning point (hopefully) and enjoy my freedom far too much to get another girlfriend. I took some advice from friends and people here, and decided they were right, that at the end of the day no relationship is gonna last if one foot is in the door, with the other wanting to run.

xanderharris
07-05-2007, 12:23 PM
congrats dude!

glad to hear everything worked out.

ClintP
07-05-2007, 12:23 PM
A farm hand? Did you work with Napolean on the chicken farm?

Also, congrats on the job!

Petey Parker
07-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Congrats :)

Master Jack Rabbitt
07-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Congrats!

Buk Was Right
07-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Whoo!

Gainful employment!*

*as a well wisher I believe I am entitled to 11% of your first paycheck.

lonesomefool
07-05-2007, 12:37 PM
A farm hand? Did you work with Napolean on the chicken farm?

Also, congrats on the job!

I grew up on a farm and my parents live out in the country, so I decided I would take something that pays ok and was close.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
07-05-2007, 12:43 PM
did you go to a trade school for heating/cooling?

ClintP
07-05-2007, 12:45 PM
I grew up on a farm and my parents live out in the country, so I decided I would take something that pays ok and was close.

I was just teasing. Nothing wrong with helping folk get our food.

lonesomefool
07-05-2007, 01:03 PM
did you go to a trade school for heating/cooling?

Yep. Just graduated this past spring, it would have been easier to find a job, but the housing market is crashing, thusly a lot of places barely have work for their own guys, much less a newbie.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
07-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Yep. Just graduated this past spring, it would have been easier to find a job, but the housing market is crashing, thusly a lot of places barely have work for their own guys, much less a newbie.

ah
would have figured the shops would go straight to the schools for people

lonesomefool
07-05-2007, 01:08 PM
ah
would have figured the shops would go straight to the schools for people

A lot of guys in my class already had jobs, but were working part time at shops until they graduated. That kinda holds shops from going into the schools, but a few did, but they never responsed back when I or any of the other guys in the class tried to call them. Plus, with the housing market being crap, a lot of shops I think didnt want to go into schools and tell guys they had jobs and then come June and magically they dont.