PDA

View Full Version : grr. I hate my temp LCS

Dave S.
07-05-2007, 12:05 PM
They put a list up of what's coming out every week, and tell you to email them before Tuesday with what you want. Sounds good, right? Except they never order enough. I've never gotten an issue of Midnighter the week it comes out. Or Ant-Man.

What's more, I've been relying on their list of what's coming out, but it seems they've omitted some titles from the smaller publishers. And by smaller, I mean Image. :P They got Dynamo 5 this week, by accident apparently. It wasn't on their list, and they don't normally carry it. So I've missed a few issues of that title without even realizing they came out. Grr.

Matt Jay
07-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I hear you dude. I recently lost faith in my LCS. All online for me. I actually save money, too.

Dave S.
07-05-2007, 12:08 PM
I only have to use it until the end of the summer, thankfully.

Sy-Klone
07-05-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm at my breaking point with my LCS.

For the last two months, my shop hasn't gotten any of its X-Factor order on time. X-Factor #20 came out last week. Not only did they not get it then, they didn't have it this week either, and #21 is scheduled to come out next week. If it were an isolated problem, I'd grit my teeth and bear it. But every month there is one or more issues on my pull list (my pull list, mind you, stuff I specifically order months in advance) that either don't come in at all or come in extremely late.

I'm losing patience. Fast.

KingMob
07-05-2007, 12:10 PM
does it smell funny inside the store?

ClintP
07-05-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm at my breaking point with my LCS.

For the last two months, my shop hasn't gotten any of its X-Factor order on time. X-Factor #20 came out last week. Not only did they not get it then, they didn't have it this week either, and #21 is scheduled to come out next week. If it were an isolated problem, I'd grit my teeth and bear it. But every month there is one or more issues on my pull list (my pull list, mind you, stuff I specifically order months in advance) that either don't come in at all or come in extremely late.

I'm losing patience. Fast.

I had that problem with a new store I was trying out. They drove me back to online faster than DC drove Bart Allen into the grave.

Patton
07-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Fuck my LCS hard.

greg donovan
07-05-2007, 01:49 PM
wow, it is too bad you guys have such crappy stores.

i love my shop.

Patton
07-05-2007, 01:53 PM
wow, it is too bad you guys have such crappy stores.

i love my shop.

Yeah, don't take that for granted.

Here's what happened at my store last week:

This guy came in, looked around for a bit and left. As soon as he leaves, the two guys that work there start talking about how he's balding and has grey hair and lives with his mom or something. For like 5 minutes. Then, the guy they were talking about walks out. Apparently he never left. He was off in a corner looking at some trades or something. He heard the whole thing. He didn't say anything but I could tell he was upset.

But they get away with it because there aren't many options.

jason hissong
07-05-2007, 01:55 PM

Here's what happened at my store last week:

This guy came in, looked around for a bit and left. As soon as he leaves, the two guys that work there start talking about how he's balding and has grey hair and lives with his mom or something. For like 5 minutes. Then, the guy they were talking about walks out. Apparently he never left. He was off in a corner looking at some trades or something. He heard the whole thing. He didn't say anything but I could tell he was upset.

But they get away with it because there aren't many options.

they get away with it? with what? did that guy buy something? because i sure of fuck wouldn't have.

Donal DeLay
07-05-2007, 02:01 PM
they get away with it? with what? did that guy buy something? because i sure of fuck wouldn't have.

I'm glad that I'm a trade guy. If my LCS doesn't carry it when I go there looking, then I order it through Borders, where my wife works, and I get 15%off without having to have a huge subscription.

Patton
07-05-2007, 02:03 PM

I left before he did, but I'll bet he did...or will.

But hopefully not.

And everytime I see women come in there, I cringe because they all act like jerks by either not paying any attention to them and basically ignoring them, or by paying way too much attention to them and asking them where they grew up and a bunch of personal questions. I guess they judge based on how attracted to them they are.

There's one guy there who's not as much of a douche. I have fun talking to him and hanging out...but the owner and the other guys are not cool.

And I could seriously go on with more stories about bad customer service, bad hygene (the dude takes new comics off of the rack into the bathroom with him and then puts them back!) but it just makes me mad.

Patton
07-05-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm glad that I'm a trade guy. If my LCS doesn't carry it when I go there looking, then I order it through Borders, where my wife works, and I get 15%off without having to have a huge subscription.

I'm mostly a trade guy now too. But if something I really want comes out and I want it that day, I go in there. I just bought ASS today. Next week I'll just buy New Avengers. And then any time an indie trade comes out I need, because the book stores seem to take longer getting them.

greg donovan
07-05-2007, 02:35 PM

my LCS is part of the reason i dont want to move away from fargo. another reason is i have an awesome mechanic that fixes my car for cheap and also teaches me how to do most things myself.

my wife's family is the other (slightly more important) reason.

Patton
07-05-2007, 02:36 PM
my LCS is part of the reason i dont want to move away from fargo. another reason is i have an awesome mechanic that fixes my car for cheap and also teaches me how to do most things myself.

my wife's family is the other (slightly more important) reason.

A great LCS and a good mechanic? Damn. Score.