PDA

View Full Version : Matt Jay is going to buy a DS!!

Matt Jay
07-05-2007, 08:13 AM
This will be Matt Jay's first portable gaming system since the original Game Boy, which Matt Jay paid for himself after several weeks of his paper route.

What are some good games for the DS? Matt Jay doesn't care for Pokemans or Ace Attorneys.

mattbrand
07-05-2007, 08:15 AM
:D I swear we get at least one of these a week.

Great games:
New Super Mario Bros.
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Mario Kart DS
Puzzle Quest

Good games:
Yoshi's Island
Tetris DS
Hotel Dusk
Metroid Pinball
Starfox DS

Matt O'Keefe
07-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Yoshi's Island

Mario Kart

New Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario 64

Matt Jay
07-05-2007, 08:16 AM
:D I swear we get at least one of these a week.

Great games:
New Super Mario Bros.
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Mario Kart DS
Puzzle Quest

Good games:
Yoshi's Island
Tetris DS
Hotel Dusk
Metroid Pinball
Starfox DS
Gracias. Matt Jay tried to search for DS, but it didn't work.

Jef UK
07-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Huzzah!

mattbrand
07-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Gracias. Matt Jay tried to search for DS, but it didn't work.

No prob.

Oh, and if you like RPG's Rocket Slime is great. It's in the style of Dragon Quest, but has lots of unique elements. Very fun game.

chazbot
07-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Matt Jay will be extremely pleased with this decision. Especially if he has wifi in his area. Then Matt Jay can play Mario Kart against kids in Japan!
How cool is that?

ClintP
07-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Matt Jay will be extremely pleased with this decision. Especially if he has wifi in his area. Then Matt Jay can play Mario Kart against kids in Japan!
How cool is that?

Not as happy as Matt Jay will be if he plays Clint Page.

Patrick J
07-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Puzzle Quest
Tetris DS
Bust-A-Move
Puyo-Pop Fever

mattbrand
07-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Here's the friend code/news thread for DS too:

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=117222

Matt Jay
07-05-2007, 09:10 AM

Clint Page owns a DS? Perhaps Matt Jay will some day wage war against Clint Page in the fields of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Albert
07-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Tetris DS is probably my favorite DS game, but there are a lot of good ones out there...Trauma Center is a must-buy, I think.

Although I don't know if there have been any new, cool games recently...I'm either behind or there really haven't been!

chazbot
07-05-2007, 09:11 AM

that will just make him cry, since you're the self proclaimed Mario Kart 64 king :D

PeteL
07-05-2007, 09:15 AM
I'll pretty much echo Matt's statement and mention that Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin is fucking awesome.

ClintP
07-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Clint Page owns a DS? Perhaps Matt Jay will some day wage war against Clint Page in the fields of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Indeed Clint Page has one. Clint Page got one for his 26th birthday and looks forward to the day that he can mount his trusty kart and wage battle on others. Clint Page desires battle because there are few who remain in this mortal realm who dare challenge him to Mario Kart 64. Only the few who remain up to the challenge have gone mad considering the task that awaits them once accepting it.

ClintP
07-05-2007, 09:18 AM
that will just make him cry, since you're the self proclaimed Mario Kart 64 king :D

When I started to play the DS version, it was like riding a bike. I went through the 50cc courses without failing to get first place on any of the courses.

And how do people remember so much about me. Do I just have the worst memory ever? I can never remember so much about anyone on here, other than the people I think are cool or dipshits. :lol:

chazbot
07-05-2007, 09:20 AM
When I started to play the DS version, it was like riding a bike. I went through the 50cc courses without failing to get first place on any of the courses.

And how do people remember so much about me. Do I just have the worst memory ever? I can never remember so much about anyone on here, other than the people I think are cool or dipshits. :lol:

I only remembered that cause like every other post involving you and the DS was about how much you were going to own the rest of us at the 64 tracks.
Which I don't doubt on my part, I've yet to win a game when I play globally on wifi, but then, that's cause I have yet to determine who my bread and butter is gonna be in the game yet.

Matt O'Keefe
07-05-2007, 09:21 AM

Bah....... 50cc is easy.

How can I hook up to Wi Fi BTW?

ClintP
07-05-2007, 09:23 AM
I only remembered that cause like every other post involving you and the DS was about how much you were going to own the rest of us at the 64 tracks.
Which I don't doubt on my part, I've yet to win a game when I play globally on wifi, but then, that's cause I have yet to determine who my bread and butter is gonna be in the game yet.

I have only played the 50 cc tracks thus far and some of the battle. I LOVE that you can battle on there with the bots. ALL games should come with playable bots so I don't have to cry when no one will play me like i do with the 64. :) Some people have Halo, I have Kart. :)

I am so not looking forward to the day that I get my ass handed to me from someone on here. :)

Yoshi was my homeboy in the 64 version. Just from playing a little in this version, I am slightly partial to Mario.

ClintP
07-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Bah....... 50cc is easy.

How can I hook up to Wi Fi BTW?

yeah, I know. I have only played a collective 2-3 hours so far. Maybe 2 hours on my starfox game.

Do you have a wireless router? I think you just go to the wifi section of the game and get it set up that way. I have only gone on there to get my code. I have hooked up to the net to browse though.

Jen Grunwald
07-05-2007, 09:26 AM
This will be Matt Jay's first portable gaming system since the original Game Boy, which Matt Jay paid for himself after several weeks of his paper route.

What are some good games for the DS? Matt Jay doesn't care for Pokemans or Ace Attorneys.

I don't have one, but I'm sure ANYTHING Zelda is AWESOME! :D

:rogue:

Jen Grunwald
07-05-2007, 09:28 AM
How cool is that?

:dazed: THAT KICKS ASS!!!

Now I think Jen Grünwald might be getting a DS... ;-)

Matt O'Keefe
07-05-2007, 09:28 AM
I don't have one, but I'm sure ANYTHING Zelda is AWESOME! :D

There isn't a Zelda game out for the DS yet, although Phantom Hourglass is coming soon.

Sorry Jen:D

Jen Grunwald
07-05-2007, 09:32 AM
I have only played the 50 cc tracks thus far and some of the battle. I LOVE that you can battle on there with the bots. ALL games should come with playable bots so I don't have to cry when no one will play me like i do with the 64. :) Some people have Halo, I have Kart. :)

I am so not looking forward to the day that I get my ass handed to me from someone on here. :)

Yoshi was my homeboy in the 64 version. Just from playing a little in this version, I am slightly partial to Mario.

I absolutely ADORE MarioKart!!! They were my favourite games for all the systems (well, after Zelda and Final Fantasy)! It was the only game I was better than my dad at and the only game I ever played for 64 (although I plan to play those Zeldas soon...).

I think I usually pick the princess or the koopas...

Jen Grunwald
07-05-2007, 09:33 AM
There isn't a Zelda game out for the DS yet, although Phantom Hourglass is coming soon.

Sorry Jen:D

Really? I thought there was that 4-Links one? Or is that GameBoy Advance? They didn't even put the Super Nintendo Zelda on there??!?!! That's CRAZINESS!!

Matt O'Keefe
07-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Really? I thought there was that 4-Links one? Or is that GameBoy Advance? They didn't even put the Super Nintendo Zelda on there??!?!! That's CRAZINESS!!

All of that is GBA.

ClintP
07-05-2007, 09:36 AM
I absolutely ADORE MarioKart!!! They were my favourite games for all the systems (well, after Zelda and Final Fantasy)! It was the only game I was better than my dad at and the only game I ever played for 64 (although I plan to play those Zeldas soon...).

I think I usually pick the princess or the koopas...

Does Clint sense a challenge in the form of Mario KArt 64??? It has been centuries since I had the pleasure of crushing another person with my red shell!

did you like the battle levels? Block Fort, how I love thee.

mattbrand
07-05-2007, 09:37 AM
All of that is GBA.

Speaking of which, Zelda: Minish Cap for GBA is amazing. And you can play it on your DS.

Jen Grunwald
07-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Does Clint sense a challenge in the form of Mario KArt 64??? It has been centuries since I had the pleasure of crushing another person with my red shell!

did you like the battle levels? Block Fort, how I love thee.

I haven't played in SOOOO long...challenge not accepted! I need practice!

Plus I don't even have a DS...

chazbot
07-05-2007, 09:47 AM
What is also so cool about Mario Kart DS (and i'm guessing some of the other wifi games) is that if you only have one cartridge, you can still play against your friend if he/she is in the same room. I guess the wifi can feed off the one cartridge for both DSs up to a certain distance.

KingMob
07-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Get the game where the little people wrestle the grizzly bear! Its teh shitz!

PeteL
07-05-2007, 10:36 AM
What is also so cool about Mario Kart DS (and i'm guessing some of the other wifi games) is that if you only have one cartridge, you can still play against your friend if he/she is in the same room. I guess the wifi can feed off the one cartridge for both DSs up to a certain distance.

Yeah, that's an awesome DS feature. A bunch of other games have that option too. :D

Matt Jay
07-09-2007, 06:52 AM
It has been done. Matt Jay is now the proud owner of a shiny black DS Lite, Mario Kart DS, and Castlevania. Did you know the battery can last over 15 hours on the lowest brightness setting? Science rules!

ClintP
07-09-2007, 07:03 AM
It has been done. Matt Jay is now the proud owner of a shiny black DS Lite, Mario Kart DS, and Castlevania. Did you know the battery can last over 15 hours on the lowest brightness setting? Science rules!

I did notice I went a long time on one charge a couple of weeks ago in the airport. hooray for science!

Matt Jay
07-09-2007, 07:07 AM
I did notice I went a long time on one charge a couple of weeks ago in the airport. hooray for science!

*throws panties at science*

Alasar
07-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Puzzle Quest
Mario Kart DS
Hotel Dusk
Phoenix Wright

Evan Wiener
07-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Speaking of which, Zelda: Minish Cap for GBA is amazing. And you can play it on your DS.

I'm all about Zelda, and have played every game, and I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Very good game, and lots of fun!

I remember liking this more than the GameCube Zelda because I grew bored with sailing so much. If you have to travel a distance in an overworld, you want to be able to slash and kill monsters on the way. Sailing everywhere didn't feel right.

Oh, and Toys R Us had both Transformers, Shrek, and Spiderman 3 on DS for buy one, get one free.

chazbot
07-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Which Castlevania did you get Matt Jay? I do believe there are two out.

The Afroman
07-09-2007, 08:31 AM
if you got PoR i need some thick glasses if anyone wants to sell me some.

Matt Jay
07-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Which Castlevania did you get Matt Jay? I do believe there are two out.

Dawn of Sorrow. It was the only one I saw at Best Buy. Is that the better one?

PeteL
07-09-2007, 08:52 AM
if you got PoR i need some thick glasses if anyone wants to sell me some.

I'll check to my inventory on those when I get home.

PeteL
07-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Dawn of Sorrow. It was the only one I saw at Best Buy. Is that the better one?

They're both excellent. I think PoR wins out by a little bit though. :)