PDA

View Full Version : Future's end now available as a free webcomic!

noble
07-05-2007, 05:33 AM
You've heard me barking about this book for the better part of two years now, and its finally out!

Go here to read the webcomic absolutely free.

It'll be episodic, with a new chapter available each week.

http://www.dialrstudios.com/webcomics/futuresend/webcomic_fend_home.html

Once we get a story arc finished it'll be collected into a physical trade available from Dial R.

Hope you guys and gals have as much fun reading it as I had working on it :D

greg donovan
07-05-2007, 07:15 AM
cool.

i have been looking forward to this.

Eric Williams
07-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Just read the first collection of pages, and it's looking great so far. I remember seeing Vincente's uncoloured pages over a year ago on deviantART, so it's very cool to see the final product.

MAZEhimself
07-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Hey guys! Part 2 of Future's End is up. You can find it here:
Chapter 1 Part 2 (http://www.dialrstudios.com/webcomics/futuresend/fe1_p2_p10.html)

noble
07-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Cool! Thanks for getting this up so fast :D

Thommy Melanson
07-21-2007, 01:02 PM
w00t!!!!!!

I was organizing some short boxes earlier today, and saw the original Future's End mixed in with the other early Ronin books.

Oh, Vicente penciled an upcoming issue of a Devil's Due G.I. Joe special or sumthin'.

Saw it in Previews last month.

Did he only draw the one issue, or did he doodle more?

noble
07-21-2007, 01:04 PM
w00t!!!!!!

I was organizing some short boxes earlier today, and saw the original Future's End mixed in with the other early Ronin books.

Oh, Vicente penciled an upcoming issue of a Devil's Due G.I. Joe special or sumthin'.

Saw it in Previews last month.

Did he only draw the one issue, or did he doodle more?

He just did the first issue (all but about 7 pages of it), and he was whisked away by DC to do some Batman test pages. Not sure if he got the gig or not, but I know they were really interested in him :)

Glen Giron took over as the main penciler(and he did the fill in issue 1 (some of which is in this very chapter)), and he also did issue 2, 4, 5, 7 and up. He's about halfway finished with issue 9 now(and bear in mind all the issues are 42-48 pgs long).

Thommy Melanson
07-21-2007, 01:06 PM
He just did the first issue (all but about 7 pages of it), and he was whisked away by DC to do some Batman test pages. Not sure if he got the gig or not, but I know they were really interested in him :)

Glen Giron took over as the main penciler(and he did the fill in issue 1 (some of which is in this very chapter)), and he also did issue 2, 4, 5, 7 and up. He's about halfway finished with issue 9 now(and bear in mind all the issues are 42-48 pgs long).

Neat.

And you write too much! :lol:

noble
07-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Neat.

And you write too much! :lol:

I have no idea what you're talking about. I just think that a good descriptive sentence is more of a literate way to paint a picture than a thousand words. And another thing, the credit in the little cover indica does say writer doe....

I'm doing it again, aren't I?

Ryan Walsh
07-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Bookmarked, my liege lord from across the waters. May your spoilsbring you many payloads if internets.

It seems I'm a wasted, so I should go. OHH, congrats the successfully fusing your genes with kari. The world's development has produced a really freaked out West Coast Customs piece of psycho planet to deal with, but with what you'vre got in mind it's going to be fun to watch which bits burn first. I look forward to her field tests and training protocols.

I should probably NOT post when I'm waiting on sleeping pills to kick in but it's like my hands are armies trying to claim the keys as territoriesThere're politicial rvialies that go back anc forth every thing the meet. The game chanc=ge houserly.

When I get to this stage,a I just type whatever I want and see how much need to edit on four catagories:
-Language -Can I read the language it was written in?
-Audience - who was supposed to find this scribble Should they feel relief? Angry? greed? Things to ponder before the reveal.
-Message - what the fuck am I trying to say here and you HAVE to make less typos since I'm tired of cleaing theup. So no more. Any more, they're ignored.Audince is settled, and language maeans we can create a line of communication. The message is the next big thing What do you say, and you better be thinking abouthow theyll take the new. Most of the time it's not worth worrying, other times it risks damage to genital areas. If the message is wrong, the event collapses.
-Medium. Roght now I'm at my laptop, and it started as a gongrat message to Noble & kari's preparations for new life to cross over. My message changed because I didn't factor in the medium.

Hundreds of scholars (credible or otherwise) have studied the best tools and resources to raise a chiuld, and different scholars have very differrent studying saying our own biological instincts will cover the basics as long as intensions are clear and fine. I don't think Noble or kari represent either camp, but I think with all this stuff around they're not short for a reference stack. And besides everyone knows a newborns' prime source of food is attention, and by the time junior pops one the the world's most active forums covering all point of life will suddenly pay attention to this one baby. That baby will become a greater threat than the fusion bomb. And Noble and Kari would use this bomb as a coaster or something until they figured out which half the of the planet they don't like. Don't worry about Junior the bomb, ss/he likes the coaster game.

I'm going to stop typing before I get weirder and reread some of this. Meant in glad spirits, apologies to those who feel they need apologizing, I just got lost a bit. Good night!@

kari
07-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Bookmarked, my liege lord from across the waters. May your spoilsbring you many payloads if internets.

It seems I'm a wasted, so I should go. OHH, congrats the successfully fusing your genes with kari. The world's development has produced a really freaked out West Coast Customs piece of psycho planet to deal with, but with what you'vre got in mind it's going to be fun to watch which bits burn first. I look forward to her field tests and training protocols.

I should probably NOT post when I'm waiting on sleeping pills to kick in but it's like my hands are armies trying to claim the keys as territoriesThere're politicial rvialies that go back anc forth every thing the meet. The game chanc=ge houserly.

When I get to this stage,a I just type whatever I want and see how much need to edit on four catagories:
-Language -Can I read the language it was written in?
-Audience - who was supposed to find this scribble Should they feel relief? Angry? greed? Things to ponder before the reveal.
-Message - what the fuck am I trying to say here and you HAVE to make less typos since I'm tired of cleaing theup. So no more. Any more, they're ignored.Audince is settled, and language maeans we can create a line of communication. The message is the next big thing What do you say, and you better be thinking abouthow theyll take the new. Most of the time it's not worth worrying, other times it risks damage to genital areas. If the message is wrong, the event collapses.
-Medium. Roght now I'm at my laptop, and it started as a gongrat message to Noble & kari's preparations for new life to cross over. My message changed because I didn't factor in the medium.

Hundreds of scholars (credible or otherwise) have studied the best tools and resources to raise a chiuld, and different scholars have very differrent studying saying our own biological instincts will cover the basics as long as intensions are clear and fine. I don't think Noble or kari represent either camp, but I think with all this stuff around they're not short for a reference stack. And besides everyone knows a newborns' prime source of food is attention, and by the time junior pops one the the world's most active forums covering all point of life will suddenly pay attention to this one baby. That baby will become a greater threat than the fusion bomb. And Noble and Kari would use this bomb as a coaster or something until they figured out which half the of the planet they don't like. Don't worry about Junior the bomb, ss/he likes the coaster game.

I'm going to stop typing before I get weirder and reread some of this. Meant in glad spirits, apologies to those who feel they need apologizing, I just got lost a bit. Good night!@

....... *blink*

You need to get out of the UK before your teeth rot....look what its already done to your brain !
:lol:

Ryan Walsh
07-23-2007, 07:54 AM
You need to get out of the UK before your teeth rot....look what its already done to your brain !
:lol:

Good god. I barely remember writing this. I'm a little scared right now.

MAZEhimself
08-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Future's End is so delicious!

Chapter 3 is here (http://www.dialrstudios.com/webcomics/futuresend/fe1_p3_p24.html)

kari
08-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Future's End is so delicious!

Chapter 3 is here (http://www.dialrstudios.com/webcomics/futuresend/fe1_p3_p24.html)

Mmmmmmmmm.....delicious indeed!

DrMachine
08-06-2007, 05:57 PM
cool

I'll be sure to check it out