PDA

View Full Version : Comic Film Tourney Round 3 - Spider-Man vs X2: X-Men United

nihilance
07-05-2007, 04:19 AM
tournament motherlink (http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=116979)

Raimi's initial Marvel entry vs Singer's sequel. Which is the better comic film?

Bill Nolan
07-05-2007, 04:51 AM
Well, only one of these was even remotely good, so easy choice!

Evan the Shaggy
07-05-2007, 05:06 AM
X2 is my favorite comic book movie of all time so its got my vote.

silverboy
07-05-2007, 06:21 AM
Good match-up. Spider-Man was great, but X2 was near perfect.

Ziolko
07-05-2007, 06:22 AM
I really liked the first Spiderman, but X2 was definitely the better movie.

Kefky
07-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Also a fan of spidey, but x-2 was one of the best.

Roman Noodles
07-05-2007, 07:55 AM
The fact that 18 people voted for SM surprises me.

Akira
07-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Two words: Magneto Jailbreak.

Roman Noodles
07-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Two words: Magneto Jailbreak.

Damn Straight!!!

WinterRose
07-05-2007, 08:42 AM
X2 fails for re-installing the wildly inappropriate Halle Berry as Storm. I'm not saying it wasn't good. But there were a few things (only a few) that made it less good than Spidey 1. It was partially reliant on its predecessor. The story ended on a cliffhanger. You kinda had to have read the books to understand what that cliffhanger was...

Spidey 1 on the other hand was self contained, had great performances all around, and if there's a weak point in it, I really can't immediately think of it other than its being delayed to edit out the World Trade Center so as not to offend someone.

Roman Noodles
07-05-2007, 08:44 AM
X2 fails for re-installing the wildly inappropriate Halle Berry as Storm. I'm not saying it wasn't good. But there were a few things (only a few) that made it less good than Spidey 1. It was partially reliant on its predecessor. The story ended on a cliffhanger. You kinda had to have read the books to understand what that cliffhanger was...

Spidey 1 on the other hand was self contained, had great performances all around, and if there's a weak point in it, I really can't immediately think of it other than its being delayed to edit out the World Trade Center so as not to offend someone.

I don't know WHY I can't stand the Spider_man movies . . . I mean I liked JJJ's character and I like Tobey Maguire as Spidey and Kirsten as MJ but I just DIDN'T like the movie. I can't put my finger on it.

Akira
07-05-2007, 08:49 AM

Tobey Maguire was worse as Spider-Man than Hallie Berry was as Storm. He was ok as peter Parker, but when he's in the suit he looses any charisma, charm or personality. Not sure if that's his fault or the writers; but I seriously dread scenes with him in the suit in part 1 (and 2 and 3 for that matter)

Matt O'Keefe
07-05-2007, 08:49 AM
I could never stand Tobey Maguire as Peter. His acting was just so wooden IMO. Only Spider-Man 2 was able to make up for his performance for me.

So X2.

Roman Noodles
07-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Tobey Maguire was worse as Spider-Man than Hallie Berry was as Storm. He was ok as peter Parker, but when he's in the suit he looses any charisma, charm or personality. Not sure if that's his fault or the writers; but I seriously dread scenes with him in the suit in part 1 (and 2 and 3 for that matter)

You know I do agree with you on that. Outside of costume I like him. IN costume I don't maybe that's it.

Master Jack Rabbitt
07-05-2007, 09:49 AM
X2

NeverWanderer
07-05-2007, 09:49 AM
No contest.

The really interesting battle will be Spidey 2 vs. X2.

Gecko
07-05-2007, 10:03 AM
http://www.zonanegativa.com/imagen/3636.jpg

Too bad we didn't see more of this in TLS.

X2 was brilliant.

Roman Noodles
07-05-2007, 10:05 AM
http://www.zonanegativa.com/imagen/3636.jpg

Too bad we didn't see more of this in TLS.

X2 was brilliant.

That would have totally kicked ass. WHY DID BRYAN SINGER HAVE TO LEAVE :cry:

Seriously though. That was a great moment. I thought it was truly worthy of the X-men comic book.

InBendiswetrust
07-05-2007, 10:06 AM
You know I do agree with you on that. Outside of costume I like him. IN costume I don't maybe that's it.

Still hoping for a smartass spidey eh Skrullboy?

Gecko
07-05-2007, 10:08 AM
That would have totally kicked ass. WHY DID BRYAN SINGER HAVE TO LEAVE :cry:

Seriously though. That was a great moment. I thought it was truly worthy of the X-men comic book.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I know what you mean. I was devastated when he left the project. FOX just did not want to wait. It's like a bite your nose off to spite your face attitude they had about this.

:brkheart: :brkheart: :brkheart:

Roman Noodles
07-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Still hoping for a smartass spidey eh Skrullboy?

I guess so. It's something I can Identify with :p.

EDIT: MAybe THAT'S why I don't like the Spidey movies. The Comic Book SPidey I'm familiar with is a bit of a wiseass. I mean the second he gets in costume Peter Parker turns into the world's strongest smartass. But a likeable smartass. Tobey's Spidey just isn't enough of a smartass.