PDA

View Full Version : First Season of "The Wire" (N0 SPOILERS)

Matt O'Keefe
07-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Wow. Really missed out by waiting this long. Great, great series. Does anyone know who sings the theme song?

How does the next season work? Same cast, or are there a lot of changes?

Briomega
07-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Same cast with new people added for the new storyline.

bradical
07-04-2007, 04:54 PM
way down in the hole, writen by tom waits

season 1, the blind boys of alabama

season 2, tom waits

season 3, the Neville brothers

season 4, ivan ashford, markel steele, cameron brown, tariq al-sabir and avery bargasse, all local kids from the street the shoot the show on and this old white fella's favorite rendition.

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Where is the Wire Soundtrack HBO? I love the end credits music. I think its called The Fall.

I bought a Blind Boys Of Alabama CD just to get the opening credits song from season 1.

bradical
07-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Where is the Wire Soundtrack HBO? I love the end credits music. I think its called The Fall.

I bought a Blind Boys Of Alabama CD just to get the opening credits song from season 1.

don't think there is/are soundtracks. i could find only the four versions of down in a hole and the fall (composed by blake leyh) listed in imbd. i am often wrong, however.

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-04-2007, 05:07 PM
don't think there is/are soundtracks. i could find only the four versions of down in a hole and the fall (composed by blake leyh) listed in imbd. i am often wrong, however.

There isn't one. I was just asking why HBO doesn't get on the ball. They're usually eager to sell something (and have no problem charging for it) so why not this soundtrack?

bradical
07-04-2007, 05:11 PM
There isn't one. I was just asking why HBO doesn't get on the ball. They're usually eager to sell something (and have no problem charging for it) so why not this soundtrack?

aha.

i love the way they use music in the show. only when it would be playing in real situations, yet always pertinent to that situation or character. don't know the technical term right off the top.

naclone
07-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Just finished season two tonight. I've heard it's the weakest but i really enjoyed it once it got rolling.

looking forward to what they're gonna dig up on season 3.

Andy Kuhn
07-04-2007, 06:28 PM
this show is like crack. once you start watching, it's way hard to stop!

Matt O'Keefe
07-04-2007, 06:30 PM
this show is like crack. once you start watching, it's way hard to stop!

I have no money, but I'm almost positive I'll be buying the second season tomorrow.:lol:

J Money
07-04-2007, 06:32 PM
I saw Season 1 for 25 bucks at Gamestop, Im really thinking of picking it up.

Mr. E!
07-04-2007, 06:33 PM
How does the next season work? Same cast, or are there a lot of changes?

Same cast, with additions. The focus shifts from the projects to the docks. I've just started season 2, and am loving it. Every season tackles a different aspect of society:
Season 1: Poverty/the drug war
Season 2: Labor/ blue collar workers
Season 3: Politics
Season 4: Education
Season 5: Media

MDogg922
07-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Season 4 is by far the best season of not just this show, but any show I've watched! I just wish it'd come out on DVD soon!

Matt O'Keefe
07-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Same cast, with additions. The focus shifts from the projects to the docks. I've just started season 2, and am loving it. Every season tackles a different aspect of society:

I can't lie and say I'm not disappointed that they're done with the drug scene so soon.

Garth
I am torn on this. Since I of my taste and preference in tv shows, you'd expect I'd be all over this. But I never have gotten around to watching it. I want to go buy all the sets, yet I know the final season is just around the corner. I am kind of hoping HBO does a cool "Complete Series" boxed set (a la Six Feet Under).

bradical
I saw Season 1 for 25 bucks at Gamestop, Im really thinking of picking it up.

yeah, you should pick that up.

anyone have news on season 5's production?

bradical
07-04-2007, 06:36 PM
I can't lie and say I'm not disappointed that they're done with the drug scene so soon.

they're not. at all. everything is connected.

J Money
07-09-2007, 11:24 PM
I did pick it up recently. Im on the 5th episode so far. Got a lot to look forward to. I usually dont care for the cop/drama stuff but this was great.

Sorry to bump this, but I hope more people can get into this.

Humphrey_Lee
07-09-2007, 11:39 PM
I've got two thirds of this finally arriving on NetFlix tomorrow. There's so little TV on DVD left that I actually want to watch, but even I'm amazed at how long I've waited to watch this since I've heard nothing but high praise for it.

twigglet
07-10-2007, 12:52 AM
I got the first season last Christmas, I'm hoping to pick up the second season soon, it's amazing.

King of Mars
07-10-2007, 01:23 AM
It always amazes me when people say the second season was the weakest.

I loved the fact that it gave me some insight into the ways that the drug trade affects the everyday workin' stiff. Intertwining the ongoing drug investigation with the corruption amongst the Stevedores was sheer brilliance. It took me into a world I knew absolutely nothing about.

Deej
07-10-2007, 05:46 AM
Season 4 is by far the best season of not just this show, but any show I've watched! I just wish it'd come out on DVD soon!

He speaks the Truth!

Fourthman
07-10-2007, 05:50 AM
He speaks the Truth!

Fourthed.