PDA

View Full Version : Official Wimbledon 2007 Thread

Matt O'Keefe
07-04-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm enjoying this too much not to make a thread out of it. Watching Sharapova vs. V. Williams right now.

Matt O'Keefe
07-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Wow...... Deuce #9. If Sharapova wins this game, she'll have a lot of momentum.

bartleby
07-04-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm enjoying this too much not to make a thread out of it. Watching Sharapova vs. V. Williams right now.

I could have sworn I watched that match earlier this morning.

Matt O'Keefe
07-04-2007, 11:04 AM
I could have sworn I watched that match earlier this morning.

Hmmmm....... maybe I missed it? Whatever, it's new to me.:)

BTW: Please don't spoil it.

jamestolliver
07-04-2007, 11:06 AM

Yup it came on this morning. Isn't Sharapova fun to watch...and listent to.

bartleby
07-04-2007, 11:10 AM

The match is interrupted in the third set by a meteor crashing into the Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club.

Matt O'Keefe
07-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Sharapova wins to hold on the 32nd point. That was one helluva game.

Matt O'Keefe
07-04-2007, 11:46 AM
:cry:

Venus was playing a lot better, but I thought Sharapova had a shot for a moment there.

Matt O'Keefe
07-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Shit..... just read that Justine beat Serena. Would have been really inspiring to see Serena win the whole thing after the last match with her injury.

D. George
07-04-2007, 12:12 PM
I watched Roddick's match earlier, and was really impressed. It'd be nice to see him get to the finals, with perhaps Americans winning both men's and women's singles if Venus keeps her game up.

jamestolliver
07-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Shit..... just read that Justine beat Serena. Would have been really inspiring to see Serena win the whole thing after the last match with her injury.

Well, she can always win doubles with her sister.

bartleby
07-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Well, she can always win doubles with her sister.

They dropped out of Doubles.

jamestolliver
07-04-2007, 12:30 PM
They dropped out of Doubles.

Really?! When did this happen? Thanks for the info.

Matt O'Keefe
07-04-2007, 12:58 PM
I watched Roddick's match earlier, and was really impressed. It'd be nice to see him get to the finals, with perhaps Americans winning both men's and women's singles if Venus keeps her game up.

I can't see Federer losing.

BTW, who would consider Sharapova an American? I always have, she's been raised in the U.S. and she's way more of a celebrity here, it seems.

mario
07-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Go my little gnomy Belgian!!

mario
07-04-2007, 03:10 PM

Fuck Serena! She's a faker and she knew she's been found out.

Good thing Sharapova's out too! They should forbid her screaming for no reason like that.

Matt O'Keefe
07-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Fuck Serena! She's a faker and she knew she's been found out.

Good thing Sharapova's out too! They should forbid her screaming for no reason like that.

Do you seriously think she was faking. And IMO Maria's shriek is no worse than the Williams grunt.....

jamestolliver
07-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Do you seriously think she was faking. And IMO Maria's shriek is no worse than the Williams grunt.....

I certainly don't think she was faking. Did you see the video with her muscle bulging out? Blah!!!

Matt O'Keefe
07-04-2007, 04:30 PM
I certainly don't think she was faking. Did you see the video with her muscle bulging out? Blah!!!

I think she won that 3rd set on heart alone. It was great to watch what with the miracle downpour. What a story it would have been if she went on to win the whole tournament. What sucks is that my favorite players were Sharapova and Serena, and they both get knocked out in the same day:(

Have Serena and Venus ever played a singles match against each other in a major?