PDA

View Full Version : Damn, Gillette is raking in the cash for Mach 3 razors.

Foolish Mortal
07-04-2007, 08:14 AM
They got Tiger Woods in their commercials now. I know he cost a lot of money. I'm not forking out anymore cash for those Mach 3's :no:

Andrew j
07-04-2007, 08:22 AM
I love my Gillette Mach 3 Razor. Such a clean close shave.

JoeE
07-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Yeah, no shit. I don't think there's a single item I hate paying for more at the grocery store. Which is probably why they're such a notoriously high-theft item.

Adam Beranek
07-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Gillette bought a friend of mine's patent on a razor he developed that stayed sharp for ten years. They proceeded to put it in a vault and it will never see production.

Mylazycat
07-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Those things are absolutely amazing. Best shave I've ever had.

BWC Boston
07-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Psh. My Fusion Power laughs at your Mach3.

bartleby
07-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Gillette bought a friend of mine's patent on a razor he developed that stayed sharp for ten years. They proceeded to put it in a vault and it will never see production.

It's unfortunate for the consumer, but things like this happen in every industry. Planned obsolescence is a major cornerstone of the business world.

BWC Boston
07-04-2007, 08:41 AM

Did your friend also invent the engine that runs on water?

Foolish Mortal
07-04-2007, 08:44 AM
I'm going back to using my old Safety Razor and buying a pack of blades for it. Waaaay cheaper than Mach 3's.

Adam Beranek
07-04-2007, 08:49 AM

I wish...no...they paid him 10k for the patent and he bought a car...with a gasoline engine.

TheTravis!
07-04-2007, 08:55 AM

Beat me to the joke, fucker.

Masculine Todd
07-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Its around $12 for four of these little things...and for guys like me, it's the only feesable option. I grow facial hair at ungodly speeds, which means stubble occurs within hours and using lesser razors that lack the gel strip and flexibility tear up my skin. Essentially, I have no choice...unless I want to rock a beard, and everytime I let the facial hair grow, people think I look 25, and I don't want to appear old(er than I am).

On a side note, I've been shaving since I was 13 and am now 20. I hate facial hair...

The-Last-Man
07-04-2007, 09:21 AM

I concur.

JoeE
07-04-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm going back to using my old Safety Razor and buying a pack of blades for it. Waaaay cheaper than Mach 3's.

I tried using one of those for like a week and it didn't work out. I have to shave against the grain if I want a decent shave, and with a Safety Razor I might as well give blood.

Whip
07-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Allure magazine and so many other women's magazines rank the Mach-3 Turbo as the best razor. I concur with this statement; the closest shave I ever got on my legs, ever.

changingshades
07-04-2007, 11:44 AM
I wonder if I was the only one that thought of Penn and Teller when I read this title

Mylazycat
07-04-2007, 11:52 AM
I wonder if I was the only one that thought of Penn and Teller when I read this title

Why is that? Do tell.

This thread has also, oddly, made me wonder what is the razor of choice for ladies who like to shave their pubic area. I mean, that's not something you want to get a lot of cuts and razor burns doing. :scared:

changingshades
07-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Why is that? Do tell.

This thread has also, oddly, made me wonder what is the razor of choice for ladies who like to shave their pubic area. I mean, that's not something you want to get a lot of cuts and razor burns doing. :scared:
Penn Gillette is not above doing endorsements for money and his name is Gillette

Whip
07-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Why is that? Do tell.

I use the Mach 3 on the bikini area and then a Venus for all of the other parts down there, carefully and using a mirror. :/ I'd rather risk it than do a Brazilian wax again, s'all I'm saying.

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-04-2007, 07:23 PM

Yeah, Fusion Power!!

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-04-2007, 07:25 PM
I use the Mach 3 on the bikini area and then a Venus for all of the other parts down there, carefully and using a mirror. :/ I'd rather risk it than do a Brazilian wax again, s'all I'm saying.

You must feel very comfortable and open with this board....:lol:

Mylazycat
07-04-2007, 08:04 PM
You must feel very comfortable and open with this board....:lol:

Yes, she must. Therefore, we salute her.

Wax...down there...*cringes at the thought* (Yes, men are wimps.)

Whip
07-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Yes, she must. Therefore, we salute her.

Wax...down there...*cringes at the thought* (Yes, men are wimps.)

Eh, most of you guys are always that way... :) Besides, I didn't go into detail. Like, I didn't mention ingrowns and how the [woman] that had waxed me used tweezers to get the stubborn hairs out... :scared:

AAlgar
07-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Its around $12 for four of these little things...and for guys like me, it's the only feesable option. I grow facial hair at ungodly speeds, which means stubble occurs within hours and using lesser razors that lack the gel strip and flexibility tear up my skin. Essentially, I have no choice...unless I want to rock a beard, and everytime I let the facial hair grow, people think I look 25, and I don't want to appear old(er than I am).

On a side note, I've been shaving since I was 13 and am now 20. I hate facial hair...

Just wait till you're 30 and you're using that Mach 3 on your neck, shoulders and upper back. :?