PDA

View Full Version : Grant Morrison's Authority and Wildcats

Dusto
07-04-2007, 07:18 AM
Has the second issue of either series been solicited yet? Hasn't it been like six months since the first issues came out?

superstring
07-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Authority #2 came out awhile ago. Still no word on Wildcats.

Apparently DC will be reprinting Grant Morrison's JLA/Wildcats oneshot with his work on JLA Classified.

JackBauer
07-04-2007, 07:25 AM
It's not even on the release list at Jim's MSN group:

http://groups.msn.com/artofjimlee

Bryan H
07-04-2007, 07:43 AM
I completely forgot about both of these titles, wow. Its been that long.

DaveCummings
07-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Authority #2 came out awhile ago. Still no word on Wildcats.

Apparently DC will be reprinting Grant Morrison's JLA/Wildcats oneshot with his work on JLA Classified.

Really?!? That is fucking awesome! I thought that arc in JLA Classified was some of Ed McGuinness' best work.

Yeah, it's listed on Amazon.com as coming out in November. Can't wait.

lonesomefool
07-04-2007, 09:29 AM
These delays have been pathetic. Seriously, the Wildstorm relaunch has produced some really good books like Stormwatch:PHD, Welcome to Tranquility, Midnighter, hell even Gen 13 is starting to become a very good book. The fact that the two main books cannot ship is pathetic. There are delays and then there are delays. At least The Authority has Gage and Robertson coming up, but they need to do something with WildCATS.

mario
07-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Someone needs to grill Morrison on this since he's as guilty of the delays as Lee.

lonesomefool
07-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Someone needs to grill Morrison on this since he's as guilty of the delays as Lee.

Morrison has a ton of things going in Hollywood these days, combine that with writing Batman and All-Star Superman and WildCATS and Authority just are not as important to him. More and more creators seem to be doing more stuff in Hollywood, cutting down on their comic work (Morrison, Vaughn, JMS).

George
07-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Wildcats 2 has been solicited twice now and had all orders placed cancelled both time.

YouStayClassy
07-04-2007, 01:17 PM
I gave up on the Authority when I heard Morrison was only doing 4 issues. I mean.... what's the point?

lonesomefool
07-04-2007, 01:20 PM
I gave up on the Authority when I heard Morrison was only doing 4 issues. I mean.... what's the point?

If you get a chance, give Gage and Robertson's run a shot. Christos Gage is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers, I think his run will be really good and with Robertson on art it should look good as well.

YouStayClassy
07-04-2007, 01:22 PM
If you get a chance, give Gage and Robertson's run a shot. Christos Gage is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers, I think his run will be really good and with Robertson on art it should look good as well.

Yeah, I love Gage and Robertson OH so much. But I donno.... the Authority I fell in love with ended right around the time Art Adams didn't finish the last arc of the first volume. Brubaker's run was really good, but it just didn't feel like the team I was so rabid for back in the day.

Dan_Fleming
07-04-2007, 01:54 PM
As a huge Morrison fan, I was very excited when these titles were first announced. By now, both have completely fallen off my radar. And to be honest, I long for the WildStorm universe of a few years ago. Remember Wildcats and Automatic Kafka by Joe Casey? Sleeper with Brubaker and Philips. Hell even Stormwatch with Micah Ian Wright. Those were the good old days.

lonesomefool
07-04-2007, 02:01 PM
As a huge Morrison fan, I was very excited when these titles were first announced. By now, both have completely fallen off my radar. And to be honest, I long for the WildStorm universe of a few years ago. Remember Wildcats and Automatic Kafka by Joe Casey? Sleeper with Brubaker and Philips. Hell even Stormwatch with Micah Ian Wright. Those were the good old days.

Agreed about Sleeper and WildCATS, though I think Stormwatch:PHD is better than anything Wright or Smith did.

YouStayClassy
07-04-2007, 02:02 PM
All about Ellis' StormWatch over here, my vote for most realistic team book of the modern era.

lonesomefool
07-04-2007, 02:07 PM
All about Ellis' StormWatch over here, my vote for most realistic team book of the modern era.

Agreed, Gage's run isnt up there with Ellis, Ellis' run on the book was incredible.

YouStayClassy
07-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Agreed, Gage's run isnt up there with Ellis, Ellis' run on the book was incredible.

And plus Gage only has, what? 7 issues? Ellis had almost three years to craft his epic.