PDA

View Full Version : I Feel Old for the First Time

Len Snark
07-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Today I woke up, ate breakfast, went to groom, and then somewhere along the way I had a sudden burst of pain from my back that left me on the floor. I've never had my back give out before and I can't really say I recommend it to anyone else. I spent half an hour on that same floor, taking short breaths because it hurt to breathe normally, then relocated to the bed (still in a lot of pain), then the recliner in the front room (massive amount of pain), then to the couch. My wife brought me some ibuprofen and I had to take it on the floor because I couldn't get up at the time.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I missed my first day of summer school in five years of teaching summer school. That's nasty because they pay by the hour.

In case you're wondering, I felt better by about....7pm or so. I was probably 70% or so by 2pm, but it wasn't until the early evening that I was able to do things like reach upward and what not.

/whining

Jacob Lyon Goddard
07-03-2007, 07:58 PM
do you have a physically intesive job?

Len Snark
07-03-2007, 08:20 PM
No, I mostly just click the mouse on the history powerpoints....oh wait, I make the kids do that. So, I mostly just stand around and talk or guide activities or whatever.

And I am only 33. Does this mean that I will be a withered old man by 40?

Jacob Lyon Goddard
07-03-2007, 08:24 PM
No, I mostly just click the mouse on the history powerpoints....oh wait, I make the kids do that. So, I mostly just stand around and talk or guide activities or whatever.

And I am only 33. Does this mean that I will be a withered old man by 40?

no
but it means this injury won't likely put you on the wellfare line

Simps
07-03-2007, 08:26 PM
I've found 5 grey hairs in the last week, but I'm chalking that up to stress.

Humphrey_Lee
07-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Eh, crap like that just happens. If back pain is an indicator of age, I must be fucked cause mine's been bad since I was 20 (which was only six years ago). Just work it out over the next couple days, and if it happens again see a physician.

Do you work out btw? Just curious.

Len Snark
07-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Do you work out btw? Just curious.

For the past year or so I've been biking to work and back (about 18 miles round trip) a few days a week, mostly to lose weight.

Why is it that the back freaks out when I've started exercising?

Masculine Todd
07-03-2007, 08:41 PM
I know it isn't as severe, but I found a rather large patch of grey today when I got my hair cut. It's been hiding under the rather thick mini afro I had going...

...and I'm 20. That shit ain't right.

Humphrey_Lee
07-03-2007, 09:06 PM
I know it isn't as severe, but I found a rather large patch of grey today when I got my hair cut. It's been hiding under the rather thick mini afro I had going...

...and I'm 20. That shit ain't right.

Hell, fuck that, I'm only 25 and I've got maybe a year's worth of decent hair coverage left. Sometimes nature just likes to make it challenging. That whore.

WinstonWolf
07-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Don't worry, you'll have plenty of more time to feel old, especially when you get OLDER.

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-03-2007, 09:13 PM
I've found 5 grey hairs in the last week, but I'm chalking that up to stress.

Nope, that means you're old. Old as hell.:D

Jef UK
07-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Today I woke up, ate breakfast, went to groom, and then somewhere along the way I had a sudden burst of pain from my back that left me on the floor. I've never had my back give out before and I can't really say I recommend it to anyone else. I spent half an hour on that same floor, taking short breaths because it hurt to breathe normally, then relocated to the bed (still in a lot of pain), then the recliner in the front room (massive amount of pain), then to the couch. My wife brought me some ibuprofen and I had to take it on the floor because I couldn't get up at the time.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I missed my first day of summer school in five years of teaching summer school. That's nasty because they pay by the hour.

In case you're wondering, I felt better by about....7pm or so. I was probably 70% or so by 2pm, but it wasn't until the early evening that I was able to do things like reach upward and what not.

/whining

You're so old. Next up? Useless.

Len Snark
12-13-2007, 05:52 PM
I found a white pubic hair yesterday.

Humphrey_Lee
12-13-2007, 05:53 PM
I found a white pubic hair yesterday.

Kill it! Kill it before it infects the others!!!