PDA

View Full Version : A helplessly obvious realization I had..........

YC Comics!
07-03-2007, 07:32 PM
I picked up the digest of Ant Man today, and then I picked up singles #7-#9. I read all nine issues in one sitting, and loved every minute of it.

The realization I had is that the reason some comics are recommended and praised so much is because...........DING DING DING! THEY'RE REALLY REALLY GOOD!

At first that might sound strange, but just think about it. How many comics have people recommended to you that you just kind of shrugged off because you weren't all that intrigued?

I passed on Ex Machina, Y the last man, Runaways, and many others for the longest time as well.

Any of you do the same?

jason hissong
07-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Yeah.

I read the first two issues of Ant Man and decided it wasn't for me.

Glad you liked it though.

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Y The Last Man

Sensational Spider-Man

New X-Men (the post-Decimation title)

Matt O'Keefe
07-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah.

I read the first two issues of Ant Man and decided it wasn't for me.

Glad you liked it though.

Same.

YC Comics!
07-03-2007, 07:35 PM
one thing I found strange though was that I didn't find Eric O'grady to be that much of a dirtbag, Yeah he had his moments (quite a few of em'), but all and all, he wasn't that bad.........

what does that say about me? :)

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 07:36 PM
one thing I found strange though was that I didn't find Eric O'grady to be that much of a dirtbag, Yeah he had his moments (quite a few of em'), but all and all, he wasn't that bad.........

what does that say about me? :)

It says you and I could be great friends.

jason hissong
Same.

:thumb:

Matt O'Keefe
Y The Last Man

Sensational Spider-Man

New X-Men (the post-Decimation title)

Sensational without a doubt. I found New X-Men to be a little cheesy, I've been meaning to go back and pick up the first trade.

Another one would be The Spirit by Darwyne Cooke.

Patton
07-03-2007, 07:37 PM
I would like to try the book out but I just never got around to it.

bartleby
07-03-2007, 07:38 PM
The realization I had is that the reason some comics are recommended and praised so much is because...........DING DING DING! THEY'RE REALLY REALLY GOOD!

What about the people that say BLACK PANTHER and ALL-STAR BATMAN are worth picking up?

YC Comics!
07-03-2007, 07:39 PM
What about the people that say BLACK PANTHER and ALL-STAR BATMAN are worth picking up?

All three of them?

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Sensational without a doubt. I found New X-Men to be a little cheesy, I've been meaning to go back and pick up the first trade.

Another one would be The Spirit by Darwyne Cooke.

New X-Men was just so insane there for awhile..... my God, it made early issues of X-Statix look like a kid's movie.

Matt O'Keefe
07-03-2007, 07:42 PM

I can't believe that ASB&R sells 10x the numbers of something like Y.

Mister Mets
07-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Hmm, books that took me the longest time to check out that turned out to be awesome?

Hellboy
Fables (although to be honest I had picked up a few earlier issues, and just wasn't intrigued.)
Invincible
The Walking Dead
Milligan/ Allred's X-Force

I'm sure there are a few others.

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 07:59 PM
I can't believe that ASB&R sells 10x the numbers of something like Y.

Come on.... people LOVE comedies, and ASB is funnier than Ant-Man, (insert funny mainstream comic book here), and (insert funny mainstream comic book here) COMBINED.