PDA

View Full Version : A Question About Fireworks...

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Allright, so, I have one single firework, a "pineapple". Now, me and my cousin have seen a sheriff drive by twice, so here's my question...Should we detonate this beautiful piece of patriotism? Please, answer, and give opinions, I await the answers...

Pat Shatner
07-03-2007, 07:10 PM
You should check to make sure your city is cool with you detonating them right now. But seeing as it's late evening on the 3rd, I don't see what the problem would be.

Ryan Elliott
07-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Ask yourself this:

What Would V Do?

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-03-2007, 07:12 PM
You should check to make sure your city is cool with you detonating them right now. But seeing as it's late evening on the 3rd, I don't see what the problem would be.

Oh, they are absolutely illegal in NY, but my cousin was a Boy Scout, and he says it's a totally awesome.

Dave S.
07-03-2007, 07:12 PM

The problem is that all fireworks are illegal in New York State

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Ask yourself this:

What Would V Do?

Well, he would probably blow up a government building with the 1812 Overture playing while he lit off Roman Candles...

Ryan Elliott
07-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Well, he would probably blow up a government building with the 1812 Overture playing while he lit off Roman Candles...

And there's your answer.

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-03-2007, 07:20 PM
And there's your answer.

I knew there was a reason you were The Goddamn Batman.

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-03-2007, 07:32 PM
HOLY SHIT!! That was the loudest thing ever!!

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Ha!

:sad: I wish I had some more fireworks.

Shane W
07-04-2008, 07:30 AM
The worstthing to happen to this country is/was fireworks.

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-04-2008, 07:31 AM
The worstthing to happen to this country is/was fireworks.

Wrong.

Ray G.
07-04-2008, 07:31 AM
The little rednecks next door shot fireworks off till 3 AM last night.

I wonder if they'll try to aim them at our house again this year. Charming. I can't wait to be called "Towelhead" again.

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-04-2008, 07:34 AM
The little rednecks next door shot fireworks off till 3 AM last night.

I wonder if they'll try to aim them at our house again this year. Charming. I can't wait to be called "Towelhead" again.

:lol: OK, yeah, those kind of people are annoying, but I enjoy setting off fireworks. The explosions give me tingles in my pants.

costello
07-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Wow. You know your city's hardcore when the sheriffs do the drive-bys.

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Wow. You know your city's hardcore when the sheriffs do the drive-bys.

I got in admonished once for lighting fireworks. Me and my cousins were sitting on my porch, drinking beer and lighting them. A sheriff drove by, stopped and asked us if we had seen anybody blowing off fireworks. "No sir, not us." He starts driving, and then looks at the house number next to mine, our numbers are all out of whack for some reason. He backs up and says "OK, the call said that kids were lighting off fireworks next to ###, and I don't have to be a genius to figure out it's you guys. Just knock it off and save 'em for the Fourth, allright?" And then he drove off.

Pia Guerra
07-04-2008, 08:10 AM
A friend of mine was a pyrotechie for Mystical Fireworks and years back I got to assist in some local shows. It wasn't the huge professional jobbies like you see on tv, basically hundreds of civilian fireworks wired up with quick fuse and lit in a safe area, though we once did a semi-pro show out in Steveston where we set off three to six inch mortars for Canada Day.

The best was the Luminares Festival where we wired up three rafts set on metal drums, the outside was lined solid with Roman candles and the bigger bombs were set up towards the middle. Each raft would have two people sitting under fire blankets lighting the fuses. Despite this precaution one girl took a shot in the head, she was okay, bit of a nasty cut.

I still won't buy them for personal use though and when I see kids running around with them in the neighbourhood it just pisses me off to no end.