PDA

View Full Version : Batman Beyond: Thoughts?

Masculine Todd
07-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Good? Worth the seasons? Thoughts? How did it compare to Batman: The Animated Series...outside being a different Batman set in the future with a retired Bruce Wayne as his mentor.

Ryan Elliott
07-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Awesome show.

It's like a mix of Batman and Spider-Man but set in the future.

Ray G.
07-03-2007, 06:50 PM
A truly amazing show. They need to revive this license and now.

Jerome Gibbons
07-03-2007, 06:52 PM
I thought it was kind of okay. Batman: TAS was far superior, though. I didn't watch it on a constant basis, but if I caught it on TV and there was nothing else on I'd leave it.

I wasn't really feeling how they made Batman more like Iron Man than...Batman.

If they ever do a movie (which I wouldn't be very interested in seeing, I think, but eh) Clint Eastwood should totally play Bruce.

Howlett
07-03-2007, 06:52 PM
A truly amazing show. They need to revive this license and now.

Seriously agree. It needs new seasons. And it needs a comic, not in any way, shape or form connected to the rest of the DCU except for the fact that it's set 50 years in the future. So that things can be referenced if needed, but ignored... like DC's current years... for the most part.

That's pretty much the only thing DC could do right now that I would buy.

GrandeMaestro Fünke
07-03-2007, 07:00 PM
I absloutely love the show. I actually enjoyed it more than BTAS. Terry McGinnis is a great character and he plays well off of old Bruce. Agreed with what was said above about the property be revived.

The only weak points of the series are sometimes the villains aren't the greatest.

Ryan Elliott
07-03-2007, 07:01 PM
"A superstitious cowardly lot...!"

Bill Nolan
07-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah, throw Batman, Spider-Man & Akira into a blender, and this is what you get. Plus, Ace the Bathound. It's really much better than it has any right to be. Could have used more consistent, top-quality villains, but there were a few good ones. The episode which is a tribute to Silver Age Marvel Comics is fantastic, in particular.

Generic Poster
07-03-2007, 07:07 PM
It was good, but I always resented it at the time it was on for replacing the "real" Batman.

Masculine Todd
07-03-2007, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=bnolan;3275210]Yeah, throw Batman, Spider-Man & Akira into a blenderQUOTE]

Akira? The manga/anime?

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah, throw Batman, Spider-Man & Akira into a blender, and this is what you get. Plus, Ace the Bathound. It's really much better than it has any right to be. Could have used more consistent, top-quality villains, but there were a few good ones. The episode which is a tribute to Silver Age Marvel Comics is fantastic, in particular.

Man, ain't that the truth. I was TERRIFIED before this show came out about how horrid I thought it was going to be, and the pilot movie (which debuted in prime time. Anyone remember that?) totally dispelled all my fears a mere 10 minutes in.

This is an incredible show, equally up there in quality to Batman: TAS. It's a damn shame a good number of DC comics can't be as well thought out and done as this cartoon was.

Bill Nolan
07-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Akira? The manga/anime?

Mostly the motorcycle... and maybe the city designs.

BCD
07-03-2007, 07:18 PM
It's about on par with the previous Timm/Dini series. Terry gets better and more characterization than any character had in the first setting, but the villains are slightly weaker. At times there was a little too much tying the Batman action into his high school life, but the animation and storytelling was still great. Terry and Bruce had a great chemistry too.

I'd love to see a comic continuation of it completely removed from any and all DCU continuity.

hveasey1213
07-03-2007, 07:18 PM
It's not quite as good as Batman:TAS, but it's very good. The first season in particular is excellent. Once they introduce Max it gets a little more hit-or-miss but it's still better than it had any right to be.

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 07:20 PM
It's about on par with the previous Timm/Dini series. Terry gets better and more characterization than any character had in the first setting, but the villains are slightly weaker. At times there was a little too much tying the Batman action into his high school life, but the animation and storytelling was still great. Terry and Bruce had a great chemistry too.

I'd love to see a comic continuation of it completely removed from any and all DCU continuity.

That was one of my favorite things about the series, how grounded they kept it to a situation like that.

I love love LOVE the episode where Terry's mom thinks he's on those futuristic steroids, and all the problems that causes in his life. The ending to that ep made me tear up a little bit.

Man, this was a STELLAR show......

Jacob Lyon Goddard
07-03-2007, 07:20 PM
saw i few episodes in my early teens, thought it was pretty stupid
but i wasn't the target audience

AAlgar
07-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Man, ain't that the truth. I was TERRIFIED before this show came out about how horrid I thought it was going to be, and the pilot movie (which debuted in prime time. Anyone remember that?) totally dispelled all my fears a mere 10 minutes in.

I felt exactly the same way. That moment at the very beginning...

...when Bruce has to pick up a gun, and can't...

...is one of the most powerful Batman moments of any of the animated series.

ShortStack
07-03-2007, 07:22 PM
I loved it. Especially Inque...Inque was the shit.

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 07:22 PM
I felt exactly the same way. That moment at the very beginning...

...when Bruce has to pick up a gun, and can't...

...is one of the most powerful Batman moments of any of the animated series.

EXACTLY what I was referring to.

And the horrified look on his face when he has to use it to threaten that punk. Damn.

AAlgar
07-03-2007, 07:40 PM
EXACTLY what I was referring to.

And the horrified look on his face when he has to use it to threaten that punk. Damn.

Also...

...in one of the early episodes, featuring the villain with the sonic suit. He tries to convince Bruce that he's hearing voices and drive him insane. Through the whole episode we hear "BRUUUUCE! BRUUUUUCE!" and it appears that he actually might be losing his mind.

Then he pulls through, kicks some ass and tells Terry he never thought he was going insane at all. "If I had a voice in my head," he explains, "it wouldn't call me Bruce."

"What would it call you?"

And he just gives him this evil fucking stare/smile.

Bad. Ass.

Howlett
07-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Also...

...in one of the early episodes, featuring the villain with the sonic suit. He tries to convince Bruce that he's hearing voices and drive him insane. Through the whole episode we hear "BRUUUUCE! BRUUUUUCE!" and it appears that he actually might be losing his mind.

Then he pulls through, kicks some ass and tells Terry he never thought he was going insane at all. "If I had a voice in my head," he explains, "it wouldn't call me Bruce."

Bad. Ass.
I fucking LOVED that moment :rock:

GrandeMaestro Fünke
07-03-2007, 07:48 PM

I remember seeing it in primetime. I was expecting it to suck, but instead it became one of my favorite toons.

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 08:04 PM
I fucking LOVED that moment :rock:

I second this as well.

I am SO breaking out my season 1 DVD tomorrow.

Fusion
07-03-2007, 08:05 PM
I would still love to see the live action movie one day.

Howlett
07-03-2007, 08:05 PM
I second this as well.

I am SO breaking out my season 1 DVD tomorrow.

I'm very tempted myself. I can't wait to get the rest of them too.

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm very tempted myself. I can't wait to get the rest of them too.

All the sales going on right now with Batman Beyond and JLU are tempting beyond words. I mean, the credit card companies can wait an extra month...... right?

AAlgar
07-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Oh, and I definitely second the notion that there's a strong element of early Spidey to this series. Terry is very much in the mold of Peter Parker lots of personal problems, takes on massive responsibility out of guilt. And a smartass talks a lot more than Bruce ever did. Makes bad jokes.

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Or the episode where Terry starts falling for the girl that turns out to be a member of the Royal Flush gang.... it's almost unheard of to see that touching of a romance in 22 minutes.

Howlett
07-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Oh, and I definitely second the notion that there's a strong element of early Spidey to this series. Terry is very much in the mold of Peter Parker lots of personal problems, takes on massive responsibility out of guilt. And a smartass talks a lot more than Bruce ever did. Makes bad jokes.

The scene in Return of the Joker where Terry actually does that with the Joker, where he realises that that was where Batman always screwed up in a sense by not taunting him, was just fucking incredible.

andrew french
07-03-2007, 08:11 PM
i didn't like it so much at first, but through my renewal of interest in everything bruce/timm over the last couple years, i've learned to really like it.

i especially liked Return of the Joker (poor Tim Drake, christ), and I liked Terry on JLU.

AAlgar
07-03-2007, 08:11 PM
The scene in Return of the Joker where Terry actually does that with the Joker, where he realises that that was where Batman always screwed up in a sense by not taunting him, was just fucking incredible.

Heh. I forgot about that. Absolutely.

AAlgar
07-03-2007, 08:13 PM
i didn't like it so much at first, but through my renewal of interest in everything bruce/timm over the last couple years, i've learned to really like it.

i especially liked Return of the Joker (poor Tim Drake, christ), and I liked Terry on JLU.

Yeah, I don't think anybody mentioned in this thread how JLU ties this series in neatly with everything else so it all feels like one big intentional story that they planned all along.

I haven't seen proper superhero comics do this... maybe ever.

FredC
07-03-2007, 08:49 PM
You've all convinced me to pick up vol. 1 soon.

...this better be worth it. :)

sto110
07-03-2007, 10:04 PM
the JLU episodes with Batman Beyond were awesome too

the one at the end of season one where it explains terries origins is fucking great

Hock
07-03-2007, 10:44 PM
I thought it was an awesome Show, Not as good as Batman: TAS, but almost, I'd put it about on par with JLU, though it's hard to compare because they were very different shows.

My biggest complaint though, it could've used more Starscream.

Dr. Omega
07-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Kickass series.

I really wish they would have made the Live Action version they were once talking about.

Dr. Ω

The Doctor
07-04-2007, 03:26 AM
Awesome stuff.

Afny
07-04-2007, 03:28 AM
Loved this show, watched it all the time. It was awesome to see it brought back in JLU.

Bryan H
07-04-2007, 03:55 AM
Does anyone remember Zeta? From this show? They gave him his own spinoff that didn't last, I never even got a chance to catch it. Always wondered if if was worthwhile, or if it even ties into the rest of the DCU-esque shows.

AAlgar
07-04-2007, 04:31 AM
Does anyone remember Zeta? From this show? They gave him his own spinoff that didn't last, I never even got a chance to catch it. Always wondered if if was worthwhile, or if it even ties into the rest of the DCU-esque shows.

Was that Static Shock? I know they implied that...

...he was the child of John Stewart and Hawk Girl...

...I think? Or that guy and someone, certainly.

Hock
07-04-2007, 04:36 AM

Uh... No.

And it wasn't Static that was the child, it was the other guy in that episode.

Bryan H
07-04-2007, 04:36 AM

No no, their son was...

Warhawk, of the future Justice League. Or at least implied. Remebering the Justice League episode reminded me how awesome that Buddah GL was.

Zeta was some illusion-creating robot, I think. Kinda fuzzy on that though, I should just google it.

AAlgar
07-04-2007, 04:42 AM
Yeah, okay. It's been awhile. My mistake.

modungo
07-04-2007, 05:06 AM

I've always thought that the secret origin of Batman Beyond is that Timm & Co were disgusted by the fact that there has NEVER been an adequate Spidey cartoon and decided to do one theirself.

ClintP
07-04-2007, 05:15 AM
I love Batman Beyond. Some of the episodes are kind of lame though. I forgive those episodes because the rest of them are cool and the concept of the show is awesome. I would say nothing can really compare to the original Batman: The Animated Series, don't you think?

As for a comic, I would fucking love that. Hell, I would go out of my way to promote one if they made it. I would want a serious version that was more geared towards adults though, because the series is a lot darker. I wouldn't want some half baked kiddy shit if they actually made a comic. Even if it were, I would still buy it....:surrend:

ClintP
07-04-2007, 05:17 AM
No no, their son was...

Warhawk, of the future Justice League. Or at least implied. Remebering the Justice League episode reminded me how awesome that Buddah GL was.

Zeta was some illusion-creating robot, I think. Kinda fuzzy on that though, I should just google it.

you are correct. He even had a short lived tv show, but I didn't watch it then. I would probably buy it now if they released it because I liked his character in BB pretty well.

I loved the crazed destructo character who was voiced by Henry Rollins. He is a nut, but it makes me laugh when they had him on.

Bill Nolan
07-04-2007, 05:19 AM
The comic had great Craig Rousseau artwork, but I never looked forward to any of the Timm-verse comics when they were written by Hilary Bader. They weren't quite up to the level as those written by most anyone else.

Not to speak ill of the dead or anything... :scared:

ClintP
07-04-2007, 05:33 AM
The comic had great Craig Rousseau artwork, but I never looked forward to any of the Timm-verse comics when they were written by Hilary Bader. They weren't quite up to the level as those written by most anyone else.

Not to speak ill of the dead or anything... :scared:

She is dead? She wrote a huge chunk of the BB cartoon.

Shepherd
07-04-2007, 06:10 AM
I liked it far more than I thought I would. Good show.

R

ZombieSpeedball
07-04-2007, 06:13 AM

One of my favorite parts of Batman Beyond was when he fought "the Joker". His taunting until Joker lost it was amazing.

GrandeMaestro Fünke
07-04-2007, 07:55 AM

I saw most of the series, even have a couple of episodes on tape somewhere.

The show was just okay. The best episode was the Batman Beyond crossover episode. Most of them were very average. It has a few connections to JLU, worth checking out if you can get the series inexpensively.

Taki Soma
07-04-2007, 08:00 AM
this show made me happy

watch it. watch it now.

Lab-Rat
07-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Love Love Love Batman Beyond. Bought all the DVDs. Honestly I want them to do a new comic. I think I remember hearing that DC had something in the works comic wise that would happen after 52. I could be wrong on that though.

But yeah...the show was great.

Chris McCarver
07-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Awesome, awesome, AWESOME series.

The music soundtracks are worth owning as well. I have 'em playing when drawing, especially action scenes.

The liner notes have this funny little story wherein the production staff is considering music styles for the show, and the B:TAS composers (mainly known for the sweeping orchestral stuff) just asked them to give 'em a chance. And they come back with a CD of the grungy metal-industrial stuff that became the show's signature music style.

moonspider
07-04-2007, 09:13 AM
i realy liked it...
and the movie kicked all ass, the uncut one that is

YouStayClassy
07-04-2007, 01:21 PM

Zeta was also shockingly high quality. Didn't last very long though, unfortunately.

Ethan Van Sciver
07-04-2007, 01:28 PM
I love Batman Beyond. I've been thinking of doing a book about him for DC. Don't know if it would sell though, being sort of out of continuity.

Donal DeLay
07-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Also...

Bad. Ass.

"How did you know you weren't going insane?"
"The voices in my head kept calling me 'Bruce'. In my mind, that's not what I call myself."
"Then what DO you call yourself?"
*Bruce Wayne glances back at Terry with a smirk"
"Oh .... well that's MY name now."

It frightens me how well I remember that and I haven't seen it since it aired. THAT is the best dialogue exchange in ANY Batman affiliated story. In just one line they managed to sum up EXACTLY how Bruce Wayne/Batman sees himself.

Caley Tibbittz
07-04-2007, 01:40 PM
I loved the concept, and the Terry/Bruce relationship was fantastic. The scripts really weren't consistently up to standards of the Batman: TAS, and the root cause was usually a weakly conceived villain -- they gave us the perfect future Batman but rarely gave us that Batman's perfect villains. The Ra's al Ghul episode is among the best, but it's a tad flip considering Bruce's relationship to Talia. The pilot and the Return of the Joker movies were also very strong.

I'd buy the DVDs of the whole damn thing, but it's not terribly high on a list of superior shows. And Gargoyles is better than any of the Timm animated series anyway (but I already bought those DVDs...).

Lab-Rat
07-04-2007, 01:40 PM
I love Batman Beyond. I've been thinking of doing a book about him for DC. Don't know if it would sell though, being sort of out of continuity.

You should. I think it would do well.

Caley Tibbittz
07-04-2007, 01:41 PM

If it didn't suck, I would buy it. I don't give much of a damn about DC's lame-ass convoluted continuity anyway...

AAlgar
07-04-2007, 02:03 PM

:shock:

I'd be on that like a bum on a baloney sandwich.

Clayton James
07-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I would love to be able to buy a Batman Beyond comic.

I would just wait untill DC gets all this Countdown to Final Something out of their system. It would suck to go to the trouble of taking the show, revitalizing it, hyping it, trying to give it the same feel as Beyond and then BAM Karate Kid and Donna Troy fight Bob the Moniter for an issue and hey, who's that in the batcave??? its ray palmer.

Wait untill the event stuff is at a lull and launch an A-List creative team on Batman Beyond.

Donal DeLay
07-04-2007, 02:54 PM
No offense Ethan, but I don't think your style is suitable for a Batman comic. Especially one starring a teenager. I think you can draw a wicked cool Batman, but your style is more of the Jim Lee-even-the-forced-hatched-dark-stuff-looks-light. You're more of a Superman guy than Batman. I just don't see the gritty moodiness, and relaxed gestures in your style a Batman comic needs that someone like Alex Maleev, or Eric Canete, or Sean Phillips can naturally do.

Unless you tried to adapt your style to suit the book, it'd be great to see more experimentation from you style- and gestural-wise.

of course, I'm probably going to be the only one who thinks, and says, that. But to me, Batman has to have a certain mood and grittiness in the drawing style in order to look good, and FIT with the character. I'm very picky about who draws Batman.

*shrug* Personal tastes.

GrandeMaestro Fünke
07-04-2007, 02:54 PM

I'd buy it. I love Batman Beyond, one of the best DC characters.

Wastrel
07-04-2007, 02:58 PM
No offense Ethan, but I don't think your style is suitable for a Batman comic. Especially one starring a teenager. I think you can draw a wicked cool Batman, but your style is more of the Jim Lee-even-the-forced-hatched-dark-stuff-looks-light. You're more of a Superman guy than Batman. I just don't see the gritty moodiness, and relaxed gestures in your style a Batman comic needs that someone like Alex Maleev, or Eric Canete, or Sean Phillips can naturally do.

Unless you tried to adapt your style to suit the book, it'd be great to see more experimentation from you style- and gestural-wise.

i think it could work just fine.

Donal DeLay
07-04-2007, 02:59 PM
i think it could work just fine.
I disagree.

Personal preference and all that.

Wastrel
07-04-2007, 03:00 PM
I disagree.

Personal preference and all that.

no, you didnt say you wouldnt like it, you said his work wasnt suitable. there is a difference.

Thommy Melanson
07-04-2007, 03:03 PM
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

http://www.sbyouththeatre.org/images/wstory_rumble.jpg

Donal DeLay
07-04-2007, 03:07 PM
no, you didnt say you wouldnt like it, you said his work wasnt suitable. there is a difference. Not really.

"I DON'T THINK it's suitable" implies personal feelings, opinions, preferences or tastes on a subject. Had I said "your style is not suitable" would be different, and at that point I would be trying to state a fact outside my own opinion.

Wastrel
07-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Not really.

"I DON'T THINK it's suitable" implies personal feelings, opinions, preferences or tastes on a subject. Had I said "your style is not suitable" would be different, and at that point I would be trying to state a fact outside my own opinion.
ok.

anyway ethan, i would check it out. keep us updated!

Ryan Elliott
07-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Man, you know you've got something special when there's pretty much nothing but positive agreeing opinions about it on the Bendis Board.

And Ethan, I'd love you long time if you did the art(and writing? Who would be your writer?) on a Batman Beyond out of continuity book.

Professor Oreo
07-04-2007, 03:28 PM
I absolutely love Batman Beyond! So much so actually that I've been working on a few small sculpted busts of Terry and Bruce from the show. I got tired of waiting for so more Batman Beyond to fill my life that I made some of my own. :lol:

They're not done yet but if anyone wants to check out the WIP sculptures then click this link and keep scrolling down the page as there are several sets of pictures http://www.shiflettbrothers.com/forum/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=677&start=31

Ryan Elliott
07-04-2007, 03:33 PM
I absolutely love Batman Beyond! So much so actually that I've been working on a few small sculpted busts of Terry and Bruce from the show. I got tired of waiting for so more Batman Beyond to fill my life that I made some of my own. :lol:

They're not done yet but if anyone wants to check out the WIP sculptures then click this link and keep scrolling down the page as there are several sets of pictures http://www.shiflettbrothers.com/forum/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=677&start=31

Holy fucking ass-crackers! That's awesome!

Thommy Melanson
07-04-2007, 03:38 PM

Yep.

The Professor's amazingly talented.

Been a fan for awhile.

Ryan Elliott
07-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Yep.

The Professor's amazingly talented.

Been a fan for awhile.

Oh yeah. But it really struck me becuase they look like they might in real life. I thought it was going to be in Timm style. Really surprised me and in a good way.

alexlannin
07-04-2007, 03:49 PM
I thought it was interesting and did some really unique things.

alexlannin
07-04-2007, 03:51 PM
wow, those sculptures are truly amazing.

The Doctor
07-04-2007, 04:09 PM

I agree with this statement.

V-Man
07-04-2007, 04:12 PM
I really liked it, definetly worth buying.

Brandon191
07-04-2007, 04:19 PM

Do it! I'd love to see it. I even bought the action figure a few months ago. Would you want to write it and do the art?

Chris McCarver
07-04-2007, 05:19 PM

And the All-Star books are? Go for it, man. :)

BCD
07-04-2007, 05:24 PM
How would you guys want to see the mask handled in a comic? Specifically, the stylized way the mouth appeared on it on the show.

A.Huerta
07-04-2007, 05:43 PM
How would you guys want to see the mask handled in a comic? Specifically, the stylized way the mouth appeared on it on the show.

Dont need a mouth.

Foolish Mortal
07-04-2007, 06:01 PM

By "weaker" I assume you mean they weren't as well-written. In that, I agree. But physically, many of them were crazy-powerful. Terry got the shit kicked out of him on a regular basis.* More often than not, he had to rely on his smarts to beat opponents.

But yeah, the villains characterization could have been better. They tended to focus more on Terry's life, and his relationship with Bruce more than anything else.

*That became kind of a running joke. About how bad Terry would get his ass kicked this episode. :lol:

Chris McCarver
07-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Dont need a mouth.

True, might make him seem more menacing even.

I always thought though that if Batman's mask didn't have the lower-face cutout it loked a lot like Black Panther's. Still, it might work.

Chris McCarver
07-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Got inspired to do some random headshots:

http://www.chrismccarver.com/images/bmbheadshots.jpg

Ryan Elliott
07-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Got inspired to do some random headshots:

http://www.chrismccarver.com/images/bmbheadshots.jpg

Those aren't bad at all. Bruce needs to look a bit more hardened, but other than that, they're awesome.

Donal DeLay
07-05-2007, 12:57 AM
I would like to see it handled this way:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_DiKxWYfzcpo/RdEgAjREY_I/AAAAAAAAAH8/scONLdHvo0M/s1600-h/043.jpg

or this way:

http://www.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_1873/subcat_2544/rousseaubbeyond.jpg

And actually, I'd love to see what Ethan could do to his style if he altered it a bit to use more black shapes and less hatching.

Masculine Todd
07-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Well, I broke down and ordered them on Best Buy.com

They're on sale this week (Seasons 1 and 3 - $15, Seasons 2 - $20)

I picked up all three seasons and the Return of the Joker movie. Can't wait.

Jef UK
07-06-2007, 09:12 AM
It's awesome!

Why buy it?

Masculine Todd
07-06-2007, 09:38 AM
It's awesome!

Why buy it?

I have the space.

I want to own it because it sounds like something I'll rewatch.

It was on sale for a reasonable price.

It's the summer and next semester is, for the most part, paid for so I have some disposable income to burn.

Batman's neat.

Dini is like Buddah...if Buddah was a writer and producer of animated shows based on DC characters and married to a magician.

ClintP
07-06-2007, 09:40 AM

I would have to find more X-Files stuff for you if you did! ;)

Jef UK
07-06-2007, 09:41 AM
I have the space.

I want to own it because it sounds like something I'll rewatch.

It was on sale for a reasonable price.

It's the summer and next semester is, for the most part, paid for so I have some disposable income to burn.

Batman's neat.

Dini is like Buddah...if Buddah was a writer and producer of animated shows based on DC characters and married to a magician.

Well then, once you've watched a few, YOU MUST WATCH BATMAN BEYOND: RETURN OF THE JOKER!!!! One of my favorite animated movies ever ever ever!

Masculine Todd
07-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Well then, once you've watched a few, YOU MUST WATCH BATMAN BEYOND: RETURN OF THE JOKER!!!! One of my favorite animated movies ever ever ever!

I really want to pick it up, but I'm never sure which version is unrated because they don't list it on the cover.

I've seen bits and pieces and it appears awesome.

SteveZegers
07-06-2007, 09:44 AM
I could never get into it. I hated to idea that the Batman I came to love from the animated series ended up bitter and alone in his old age. All his friends gone, all that stuff. I hated that "official future" for the character. It was just so depressing. Batman is trying to make the world a better place, and in this series he pretty much failed.

I could never get past that and enjoy the show.

DaGetHighKnight
07-06-2007, 09:45 AM

wow dude, very nice!

and yes this show was awesome.

ClintP
07-06-2007, 10:10 AM
I really want to pick it up, but I'm never sure which version is unrated because they don't list it on the cover.

I've seen bits and pieces and it appears awesome.

Get the one that has "Unrated Version" on the front. ;)

The Doctor
07-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Hell yes!

I could never get into it. I hated to idea that the Batman I came to love from the animated series ended up bitter and alone in his old age. All his friends gone, all that stuff. I hated that "official future" for the character. It was just so depressing. Batman is trying to make the world a better place, and in this series he pretty much failed.

I could never get past that and enjoy the show.

He's got Terry. It's no different to how the DKR Bruce ended up.

ClintP
07-06-2007, 10:29 AM

Also, the war on crime is a never ending battle. How else was Bruce going to end up? Once his body gave up on him and he ran off everyone who cared about him, I would figure he would be a bitter ass old man too. At least he had a dog to keep him company.

SteveZegers
07-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Hell yes!

That's not any better. Without hope, why bother?

Just not a show for me.

Masculine Todd
07-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Get the one that has "Unrated Version" on the front. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Beyond-Return-Original-Version/dp/B00005Y71K/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-7634684-9205413?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183746687&sr=8-1

I'm confused.

ClintP
07-06-2007, 10:35 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Beyond-Return-Original-Version/dp/B00005Y71K/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-7634684-9205413?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183746687&sr=8-1

I'm confused.

That looks a little different from mine. I am pretty sure mine has Unrated in like a red font accross the front. I can check when I get home though. I could be wrong. It says it somewhere though.

Jef UK
07-06-2007, 10:39 AM

Just not a show for me.

Terry is the hope.

ClintP
07-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Terry is the hope.
True that!

Masculine Todd
07-06-2007, 10:41 AM
That looks a little different from mine. I am pretty sure mine has Unrated in like a red font accross the front. I can check when I get home though. I could be wrong. It says it somewhere though.

Uh, oh. I ordered this one too. I really hope this is the unrated version.

SteveZegers
07-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Terry is the hope.

In a weird cloney way. Bruce still failed.

The Doctor
07-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Also, the war on crime is a never ending battle. How else was Bruce going to end up? Once his body gave up on him and he ran off everyone who cared about him, I would figure he would be a bitter ass old man too. At least he had a dog to keep him company.
Clint P on the ball again.

Just not a show for me.
Fair nuff:)

In a weird cloney way. Bruce still failed.

Not really. I don't think so.

jfp2004
07-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Damn, I forgot how much I enjoyed this show. Now I want to go watch it again.

Dr. Omega
07-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Jeezus, Oreo, you are one talented MFer!!!!!

I would love to see you do a BB cover.. I swear, you are like the next Alex Ross..

Dr. Ω