PDA

View Full Version : A Question about Quasar...

Patrick J
07-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Where the hell did the Quantum Bands worn by Quasar actually come from?

I know Wendell Vaughn got them while working for SHIELD, but where in the hell did SHIELD get the bands from in the first place?

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 10:21 AM
SHIELD got them when the first Marvel Boy, who possessed them, exploded.

Patrick J
07-03-2007, 10:24 AM

Where did he get them from?

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 10:33 AM

According to wiki....

Robert Grayson was born in Trenton, New Jersey, the son of Dr. Horace Grabshield (later Anglicized as Grayson). Robertís father was a Jewish scientist who fled Earth with his infant son during the rise of Nazi Germany. The Graysons landed on Uranus, where they were greeted by the native Eternals. Robert was given a costume and a pair of powerful bracelets, and returned to Earth to battle crime.

:shock:

Wow.

And I guess it was the second Marvel Boy, not the first. Learn something new everyday.....

Jef UK
07-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Where the hell did the Quantum Bands worn by Quasar actually come from?

I know Wendell Vaughn got them while working for SHIELD, but where in the hell did SHIELD get the bands from in the first place?

According to wiki....

Robert Grayson was born in Trenton, New Jersey, the son of Dr. Horace Grabshield (later Anglicized as Grayson). Robertís father was a Jewish scientist who fled Earth with his infant son during the rise of Nazi Germany. The Graysons landed on Uranus, where they were greeted by the native Eternals. Robert was given a costume and a pair of powerful bracelets, and returned to Earth to battle crime.

:shock:

Wow.

And I guess it was the second Marvel Boy, not the first. Learn something new everyday.....

All of this info, including a reprint of the first appearance and origin of Marvel Boy, can be found in the Agents of Atlas PHC, which is awesome, and which I just read last week.

Buk Was Right
07-03-2007, 10:35 AM
According to wiki....

Well now they're just ripping off Thoreau...

Patrick J
07-03-2007, 10:37 AM
So the Quantum Bands came from The Eternals? Or did they come from Eon?

spencerdidyrmom
07-03-2007, 10:39 AM
A little off topic, but Quasar ruled in that Nova mini. Shame what happened to him.

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Well now they're just ripping off Thoreau...

I am SO sick of comic books having to rely on the "Jewish superscientist builds a rocket to fly to Uranus to avoid Nazi persecution & meets aliens on Uranus who turn his son into a crimefighting superhero" crutch.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 10:41 AM

It appears Eon creating the Quantum Bands was a retcon of the Eternals originally creating them. So, as of this current continuity, Eon created them.

Jef UK
I am SO sick of comic books having to rely on the "Jewish superscientist builds a rocket to fly to Uranus to avoid Nazi persecution & meets aliens on Uranus who turn his son into a crimefighting superhero" crutch.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

Actually, he only meant to fly to the moon. Something happended and he made a wrong turn.

Seriously.

DAVE
According to wiki....

"Hey son, I know where we can go where the Nazis will never find us! We'll hide from the Nazis in Uranus!"

Jef UK
07-03-2007, 10:42 AM

It appears Eon creating the Quantum Bands was a retcon of the Eternals originally creating them. So, as of this current continuity, Eon created them.

Yeah, Marvel Boy didn't exist as a member of the Marvel U. back then, because the Marvel U. didn't exist in the 50's.

Buk Was Right
"Hey son, I know where we can go where the Nazis will never find us! We'll hide from the Nazis in Uranus!"

It's like a lost chapter from the Diary of Anne Frank.

spencerdidyrmom
According to wiki....

Are we talking about Chuck Austen's Eternals? You know, the sexy ones...?

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Actually, he only meant to fly to the moon. Something happended and he made a wrong turn.

Seriously.
Oh. Well, that could happen to anyone....:surrend:

:lol:

Yeah, Marvel Boy didn't exist as a member of the Marvel U. back then, because the Marvel U. didn't exist in the 50's.
That does make sense actually.

HAWT! Man, I miss that book.....

Patrick J
07-03-2007, 10:47 AM

I liked Chuck Awesome's Eternals... kinda...

"Hey, I just turned that native monkey lookin' thing into a beautiful woman... I'm gonna go stick my dick in it..."

Buk Was Right
07-03-2007, 10:49 AM

"Hey, I just turned that native monkey lookin' thing into a beautiful woman... I'm gonna go stick my dick in it..."

I'm fairly certain that part was autobiographical...

Jef UK
07-03-2007, 10:52 AM

How many dicks does an Austen-penned Eternal have?

spencerdidyrmom
07-03-2007, 10:53 AM

So Eon gave the bands to Quasar while the Eternals just gave primitive man the 'business'....am I getting that right?

Buk Was Right
07-03-2007, 10:54 AM
How many dicks does an Austen-penned Eternal have?

Is this a "more or less than nightcrawler" question?

Because really... What the hell was that all about?

Jef UK
07-03-2007, 10:55 AM
So Eon gave the bands to Quasar while the Eternals just gave primitive man the 'business'....am I getting that right?

Aren't the Eternals huge? Maybe they originated as Quantum Cock Rings.

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 10:56 AM

Eon created the bands and gave them to Marvel Boy, through some Uranian Eternals apparently.

Marvel Boy got blowed up real good, and SHIELD took possesion of the Power Bands.

Quasar got the bands during a SHIELD experiment gone horribly awry.

nihilance
07-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Aren't the Eternals huge? Maybe they originated as Quantum Cock Rings.

No...Eternals are man-sized. It's Celestials that are huge.

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 11:01 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/MarvelBoy1-1950.jpg

This cover is just FANTASTIC. The only thing missing are zombies or vampires.

Foolish Mortal
07-03-2007, 11:02 AM
According to wiki....

Most of that history was retconned in the recent Agents of Atlas miniseries...

Bob Grayson and his dad were lured to Uranus because the Eternals there meant to use them in a plot to secretly subvert the Earth in some fashion...part of their plan involved the creation of the Super heroic identity of Marvel Boy, they equipped him with replicas of the Q-bands.

The Crusader was actually a Uranian Eternal altered physically and mentally to resemble Bob Grayson albeit a bit older....and it was he who was given the 'true' Quantum bands

There were non humanoid Uranians that lived on the planet. Apparently these telepathic beings had an agreement with the Eternals that the Eternals may stay on their home as long as they 'never' attempted to leave. The Native Uranians were aware of the Eternals being exiled criminals and didn't want them to be set loose on an unsuspecting universe.

When the native Uranians became aware of what the Eternals were plotting they killed them and accidentally ill Bob's father in the process...don't know how this jibes with what was revealed in Quasar's book with Deathurge being responsible but anyway Bob, who's powers were failing at this point returns to the dying planet...the Uranians take a liking to Bob since he was an innocent pawn in all of this and place him in a sort of Symbiotic stasis that alters him on a genetic level.

The attack on the Eternals leaves the Crusader 'incomplete' and damaged mentally ...now insane Crusader returns to Earth as the raving lunatic who battles the Fantastic Four and is eventually destroys himself with the Q-bands.

Reed then turns the bands over the SHIELD.

After SHIELD took possession of the quantum bands, they turned them over to the scientists at Project Pegasus to study them, and eventually come into the possession of the Project's chief of security, Wendell Vaughn. (Quasar) Who would then later be contacted by Eon to become his new 'Protector of the Universe'.

Bob Grayson is eventually released from stasis BUT the Uranians have now altered him on a genetic level ...he now breathes methane and has to wear a helmet in Earth's atmosphere he also wears a headband similar to the one he wore as GA Marvel Boy...only the one he wears now amplifies his 'innate' Telepathic abilities.

Jef UK
07-03-2007, 11:03 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/MarvelBoy1-1950.jpg

This cover is just FANTASTIC. The only thing missing are zombies or vampires.

Yeah! That's the one that's collected in the Agents of Atlas PHC! It's a strange and silly book.

YouStayClassy
07-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Most of that history was retconned in the recent Agents of Atlas miniseries...

Bob Grayson and his dad were lured to Uranus because the Eternals there meant to use them in a plot to secretly subvert the Earth in some fashion...part of their plan involved the creation of the Super heroic identity of Marvel Boy, they equipped him with replicas of the Q-bands.

The Crusader was actually a Uranian Eternal altered physically and mentally to resemble Bob Grayson albeit a bit older....and it was he who was given the 'true' Quantum bands

There were non humanoid Uranians that lived on the planet. Apparently these telepathic beings had an agreement with the Eternals that the Eternals may stay on their home as long as they 'never' attempted to leave. The Native Uranians were aware of the Eternals being exiled criminals and didn't want them to be set loose on an unsuspecting universe.

When the native Uranians became aware of what the Eternals were plotting they killed them and accidentally ill Bob's father in the process...don't know how this jibes with what was revealed in Quasar's book with Deathurge being responsible but anyway Bob, who's powers were failing at this point returns to the dying planet...the Uranians take a liking to Bob since he was an innocent pawn in all of this and place him in a sort of Symbiotic stasis that alters him on a genetic level.

The attack on the Eternals leaves the Crusader 'incomplete' and damaged mentally ...now insane Crusader returns to Earth as the raving lunatic who battles the Fantastic Four and is eventually destroys himself with the Q-bands.

Reed then turns the bands over the SHIELD.

After SHIELD took possession of the quantum bands, they turned them over to the scientists at Project Pegasus to study them, and eventually come into the possession of the Project's chief of security, Wendell Vaughn. (Quasar) Who would then later be contacted by Eon to become his new 'Protector of the Universe'.

Bob Grayson is eventually released from stasis BUT the Uranians have now altered him on a genetic level ...he now breathes methane and has to wear a helmet in Earth's atmosphere he also wears a headband similar to the one he wore as GA Marvel Boy...only the one he wears now amplifies his 'innate' Telepathic abilities.
As far as retcons go, that's pretty rock solid. Hard to find fault with any of that really.

Yeah! That's the one that's collected in the Agents of Atlas PHC! It's a strange and silly book.

I've heard so much good about it, I think this is my final incentive to go read it finally.

Patrick J
07-03-2007, 11:29 AM

I think I'm gonna go buy that now...

Patrick J
07-03-2007, 11:30 AM
No...Eternals are man-sized. It's Celestials that are huge.

So they could've been the Celestials cock rings...

stingerman
11-08-2007, 06:39 PM
If anybody's interested a bunch of us Wendell fans are at http://www.quantumzone.org/forum.

We are trying to get Wendell Vaughn back as Quasar.

Also, responsible for the "Quasar Cake"
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12153