PDA

View Full Version : Daredevil Omnibus Delayed Again.......

Matt O'Keefe
07-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Ordered it off Amazon early May, they pushed it back to early July. Now they've pushed it back to December. Anyone know any other places where these are still in stock?

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Ordered it off Amazon early May, they pushed it back to early July. Now they've pushed it back to December. Anyone know any other places where these are still in stock?

Do you mean the Frank Miller DD omnibus?

Matt O'Keefe
07-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Do you mean the Frank Miller DD omnibus?

Yeah. I hear other people have been having problems with this on Amazon, too.

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah. I hear other people have been having problems with this on Amazon, too.

Its strange, we've got one here in the store that I was just looking and and thinking about buying. We've had it since it came out, seems like nobody wants to buy it for some reason, could be the price tag. It's a damn fine looking book.

tstrapac
07-03-2007, 10:16 AM
cancel at amazon and buy it through instocktrades.com before its too late....

Michael John Wheeler
07-03-2007, 10:27 AM
I got mine off amazon. Just give them a call or something.

The Doctor
07-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Amazon is a nightmare when it comes to graphic novel/hardcovers.

DAVE
07-03-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm still waiting for my Casnova hc that I ordered on Amazon when it first came out...

JABSEN
07-03-2007, 10:31 AM
cancel at amazon and buy it through instocktrades.com before its too late....You should do this

Joshzilla
07-03-2007, 10:32 AM

I'm still waiting for my Casnova hc that I ordered on Amazon when it first came out...

cancel at amazon and buy it through instocktrades.com before its too late....

You guys should do what tstrapac said. Instocktrades.com is the shit.

Ryan F
07-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Ordered from Barnes and Noble in mid-May (I had a gift certificate there) and got it right quick.

Patrick J
07-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Yeah, Amazon is awful for hardcovers when you pre-order them for some reason. Strangely, when I've ordered hardcovers from Amazon a week after they've come out, I've had no problems, only when I've pre-ordered have I faced issues. I had pre-ordered the DD: Omnibus and as soon I started getting crap from Amazon I cancelled the order and got it elsewhere.

I had to do the same thing when I pre-ordered Batman: Ego from Amazon. Which is coming out tomorrow (?) but Amazon told me I wouldn't get it until February of '08 so I said "fuck that," and canceled the order.

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-03-2007, 10:43 AM
I just checked our website, and for some reason the omnibus isn't on there. If you are interested though, give the store a call, we should be able to set something up for you. And it would be 20% off and free shipping because it's over $50. Like I said, if you want, give the store a call, 1-888-49-COMIX.

The Doctor
07-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah, Amazon is awful for hardcovers when you pre-order them for some reason. Strangely, when I've ordered hardcovers from Amazon a week after they've come out, I've had no problems, only when I've pre-ordered have I faced issues. I had pre-ordered the DD: Omnibus and as soon I started getting crap from Amazon I cancelled the order and got it elsewhere.

I had to do the same thing when I pre-ordered Batman: Ego from Amazon. Which is coming out tomorrow (?) but Amazon told me I wouldn't get it until February of '08 so I said "fuck that," and canceled the order.

Been there, done that, wore the t-shirt.

ItsDLEVY
07-03-2007, 11:06 AM
This happened to me with Amazon. I cancelled the order, and then immediately reordered with the other cover, and it came within the week. I think they just aren't getting in the direct market cover.

Joshzilla
07-03-2007, 11:09 AM

Yeah, I just did that with the FF Omnibus vol. 2. Cancelled at Amazon and ordered with Instocktrades.com.

tstrapac
07-03-2007, 11:13 AM
instocktrades for the win.