PDA

View Full Version : Dammit! No SDCC for me this year, after all. :(

Thomas Mauer
07-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Two checks that were supposed to come in last week haven't arrived yet and they won't clear in time, I just went into the red a little because of an annual bill, and the job I applied for is still up in the air. They're still interviewing until the middle of the month and won't decide before the end of July. :mad:

:sad:

LazyComix
07-03-2007, 07:34 AM
That means you're coming to the NYC con instead!

MAZEhimself
07-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Aw, man! I was looking forward to meeting you. That sucks.

Well, I hope everything works out for you in the end. Good luck

TV Zombie
07-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Have you ever heard of credit?

ClintP
07-03-2007, 07:45 AM
That means you're coming to the NYC con instead!

Nope, WWT! BBQ is on me tom. ;)

Thomas Mauer
07-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Randy: I'm hoping NYCC is in the cards! Just need a job. :)

Chris, same here, brother. I was looking forward to hanging with you guys and help man the booth for a while so some of you can walk the floor or go to panels.

DynastyForce, I'm an old school kid from former Communist East Germany and am not a fan of taking out loans for something like a business trip/vacation. Ask around and people will tell you that I've been quite successful networking via the internet so far, so the one advantage of being at SDCC a letterer like me may have is pretty much moot. I wanted to go to finally meet industry friends face to face and make new ones and can wait a while longer. ;)

Clint, since I'm hopeful to get a job soon regardless, WWTx probably won't work, either, this year. The first six months are usually a period where you don't get vacation time when starting a new job here. NYCC is borderline possible. :)

Adam Beranek
07-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Dude...that bites.

TV Zombie
07-03-2007, 08:07 AM
DynastyForce, I'm an old school kid from former Communist East Germany

Not to hi-jack your thread, but I'm curious if you have a favorite Bundesliga team? I have followed the German National Team for Decades and just within say the last 4 years started following Bayern Munich.

I just read not to long ago that Bayern aquired Klose and I'm pretty stoaked about that.

Thomas Mauer
07-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Not to hi-jack your thread, but I'm curious if you have a favorite Bundesliga team? I have followed the German National Team for Decades and just within say the last 4 years started following Bayern Munich.

I just read not to long ago that Bayern aquired Klose and I'm pretty stoaked about that.

Dude, hijack away. My threads usually die after 6 or so replies, so anything to keep it going. ;)

I followed the Bundesliga when Cottbus got in at the end of the 90s because of local patriotism when studying there, but lost interest again when I switched degrees and moved to Magdeburg. :surrend:

Adam, are you out in Cali now?

mario
07-03-2007, 08:16 AM
dude! No boat for you?
we'll need a new fourth man!

Thomas Mauer
07-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Yeah. I'll miss the big party! :mad:

Adam Beranek
07-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Adam, are you out in Cali now?

Not yet. Still raising money and stuff. I am gonna be at the show though.

Thomas Mauer
07-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Well, good luck and have fun, Adam!

LenNWallace
07-03-2007, 09:41 AM
You planned to be there in the first place? Damn. Then I could have pestered you.

Thomas Mauer
07-03-2007, 10:24 AM
You planned to be there in the first place? Damn. Then I could have pestered you.

Are you going?

Pat Loika
07-03-2007, 03:53 PM
I said it once, and I'll say it again....noooooooooooooooooo!!

I was hoping to buy you a brew and thank you in person for a lot of the good work you've done for me and Chris.

P.

Thomas Mauer
07-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Next year, Pat. We'll burn the motherfucking house down!

citizenDave
07-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Damn, now who am I going to test my Guantanamo-approved hydro-electric nipple shock machine on? I can't return it now!

Seriously, that sucks.

LenNWallace
07-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Are you going?

Yup. Me, Michelle, and possibly Dave.

Thomas Mauer
07-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Damn, now who am I going to test my Guantanamo-approved hydro-electric nipple shock machine on? I can't return it now!

Seriously, that sucks.

How about Len? :)

Yup. Me, Michelle, and possibly Dave.

Have fun, y'all, and I want photographic proof of the debauchery!

Taki Soma
07-04-2007, 08:40 AM
man!!! now that I am going, I am fully disappointed that I won't be meeting you in person-- that was one of the things I looked forward to going to SDCC for. :cry:

Thomas Mauer
07-04-2007, 09:36 AM
:surrend: