PDA

View Full Version : Stone rejected by Iranian prez

BENDIS!
07-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Stone rejected by Iranian prez
Director had pitched documentary idea
By ELSA BERTET
Stone

Looks like Oliver Stone won't get his chance to profile Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad after all.
Ahmadinejad has rejected Stone's offer to make a documentary about him, calling the helmer part of the "Great Satan" cultural establishment.

"It is right that this person is considered part of the opposition in the U.S., but opposition in the U.S. is a part of the Great Satan," Mehdi Kalhor, media adviser to the president told the Fars news agency.

The term "the Great Satan" dates back to the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who first labeled the U.S. thusly after the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

Stone's publicist said Monday that the helmer had not received any official word of Ahmadinejad's rejection of the docu proposal, but in a statement Stone said, "I have been called a lot of things, but never a great Satan. I wish the Iranian people well and only hope their experience with an inept, rigid ideologue president goes better than ours."

Kalhor said the Iranian president mulled Stone's proposal for more than a year.

who cares?
07-02-2007, 08:31 PM
i thought this was about Sharon Stone hitting on the Iranian prez

bachman
07-02-2007, 09:24 PM
I can't decide who's the bigger moron. This is a tough one...

/(. . )/
07-03-2007, 12:28 AM
"I have been called a lot of things, but never a great Satan. I wish the Iranian people well and only hope their experience with an inept, rigid ideologue president goes better than ours."

i laughed

Dennis K
07-03-2007, 04:32 AM
"I have been called a lot of things, but never a great Satan. I wish the Iranian people well and only hope their experience with an inept, rigid ideologue president goes better than ours."

i laughed

Me too

justjeffery
07-03-2007, 04:50 AM
Lets bomb em!

Mister Mets
07-03-2007, 05:11 AM
His retort was good.

Form my understanding, Ahmadinejad isn't exactly popular in Iran (the chief reason it's stupid to go bomb the country.)

DaveCummings
07-03-2007, 06:06 PM
His retort was good.

Form my understanding, Ahmadinejad isn't exactly popular in Iran (the chief reason it's stupid to go bomb the country.)

Yeah, though it's not really being reported, but there are riots going on the past week in Iran, due to gas shortages. That is mainly due to trade embargoes and pressure being applied by countries like Saudi Arabia(which they have helped keep oil prices down a bit, hitting Iran financially) , because though Iran has a ton of oil, they have no refining capacity. There is growing dissent against Ahmadinejad in Iranian newspapers.

Despite what the government there thinks of the western world, the general public of Iran is one of the most pro-western populations in the middle east. Which both of these is why any military action would be one of the worst possible things we could do. It'd actually help Iran more than hurt them. If we did attack Iran, the people would actually rally with the government. The best thing is to keep the pressure we've been keeping on Iran, because things are starting to reach a breaking point there.

Just saying.

Generic Poster
07-03-2007, 07:09 PM
I thought that this was going to be about how he was going to stone somebody, but found the stone he was going to use for stoning be unacceptable for stoning purposes.

Also: stone!