PDA

View Full Version : Official TRANSFORMERS Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

X arseface X
07-02-2007, 07:20 PM
I saw Transformers tonight and felt as if I was watching a piece of my childhood go up in smoke. I've seen a LOT of Transformers love on this board, and if you liked it- hey, more power to you. If you're like me and thought it was the shittiest movie of the summer thus far, join me and we'll discuss.

Afny
07-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Hey, I was going to discuss this with you, but then you had to bring up the "raping my childhood" aspect, and I just can't take you seriously.

Roger
07-02-2007, 07:22 PM
maybe you should see transmorphers????

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V_3uVD0FR-Q

X arseface X
07-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Hey, I was going to discuss this with you, but then you had to bring up the "raping my childhood" aspect, and I just can't take you seriously.

I'm pretty sure I never said anything about my childhood being "raped", but thanks. Melodramatic maybe, but aside from the voice of Optimus, there just didn't feel like any attempts were made to make this FEEL like a transformers movie. To me it felt like a hollow shell of what it could have been. Judging by the amount of applause following my screening, I'm going to guess I'm in the minority here, and that's fine.

I unapologetically think that the movie sucked.

justjeffery
07-02-2007, 08:00 PM
I thought it was fantastic... Myself and my two best friends, Beta Ray Bryan (a transformer nut) and Greenstar (complete non-transformer lady) saw it tonight and we all three loved it... my only complaint was the un-steady-ness of the camera... but it potrayed being in the middle of the action as opposed to just watching it...

So I have to disagree... I thought it was fantastic!

Simps
07-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Wow, I fucking loved this. It was the movie Michael Bay was born to make, and I mean that in a good way. The bits with the Autobots arguing and hiding outside Sam's house had me dying, and the action was amazing. I would say this is just a great summer action movie that's not going to win any awards, but the visual effects and sound were mindblowingly amazing, and will hopefully get recognition. And boy does Bay know how to shoot the shit out of a movie of this scope.

HeroForHire
07-02-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm pretty sure I never said anything about my childhood being "raped", but thanks. Melodramatic maybe, but aside from the voice of Optimus, there just didn't feel like any attempts were made to make this FEEL like a transformers movie. To me it felt like a hollow shell of what it could have been. Judging by the amount of applause following my screening, I'm going to guess I'm in the minority here, and that's fine.

I unapologetically think that the movie sucked.

I really felt like if anything, they were trying to go for the old feel.

Bumblebee still used commercials and whatnot to do his voice.

Jazz was the blaxploited character that like in most movies....

....he dies.

The other characters (autobots) again had the same token energy and
attitudes.

I felt like it was in the same vein is all...geeze for pete's sake...

...bumblebee pees on the frackin' guy

Liked it.

X arseface X
Wow, I fucking loved this. It was the movie Michael Bay was born to make, and I mean that in a good way. The bits with the Autobots arguing and hiding outside Sam's house had me dying, and the action was amazing.

I will agree that Michael Bay was made for this movie. I just felt like every second there wasn't a robot on screen (and there were WAY too many of these moments) was really awful. There WAS some good humor, but I felt like so much attention was paid to making the robots come to life that the living, breathing actors were forgotten about.

Dan McLellan
Wow, I fucking loved this. It was the movie Michael Bay was born to make, and I mean that in a good way. The bits with the Autobots arguing and hiding outside Sam's house had me dying, and the action was amazing. I would say this is just a great summer action movie that's not going to win any awards, but the visual effects and sound were mindblowingly amazing, and will hopefully get recognition. And boy does Bay know how to shoot the shit out of a movie of this scope.

I love how the stupider his stories get the better people like them.

HeroForHire
07-02-2007, 08:09 PM
However i still respect your opinion and can see why in certain parts it really was neo-ish with some of the human characters (military men mostly) being really useless.

Blandy vs Terrorism
07-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Granted, I haven't seen it yet, but....is anyone actually going to see this for the human characters?

Simps
07-02-2007, 08:12 PM
I guess I should say I've never seen (or at least don't remember) any of the Transformers cartoons or anything, so it could have been a complete rehash, or completely changed everything, and I wouldn't know. But I loved it.

HeroForHire
07-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Granted, I haven't seen it yet, but....is anyone actually going to see this for the human characters?

Just for the nubile young love interest.

And for some of Shia's crazy even steven like antics that for some reason I like and it mildly disturbs me. :Oops:

James Patrick
07-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Okay, I saw it. Couple things.

First of all, it was really good. Almost great. Why it stops short is a couple non-clever jokes and some cheese that change the tone mid movie. The first act is, well, full of tension. And then there's a sequence that goes way too long in the middle and changes the tone of the movie. It extends into another sequence that's too long and doesn't feel right -- all of which doesn't advance the story but just extends the movie -- and then the movie goes into its third act and it seems to correct itself again. But throw-away characters that act out of character and say dumb things pull you out every now and again. Almost everything with the robots was spot on. I did feel a little cheesey with Optimus a few times -- I actually think the movie would have worked more if they said less. That first and third act, though -- wow.

But maybe the most impressive thing about the movie is . . it's budget? 150 million? Evan Almighty was 200, Spidey 3 was astronomical, and Pirates was 300 million. And Transformers was 150? Somebody knows how to spend some fucking money, but because of all the movies listed Transformers had the most holy fuck moments of any of them. I guess, when you think about it, once the robots and thier transformations were designed they had a good thing and kept using it and that must have saved money -- but that third act still feels like it's on a huge scale. Hell, FF2 and Ghost Rider cost like 130 million and they look like Napolean Dynomite compared to Transformers. Somebody knew how to spend their money. That, or Producers and the Director have their hands in the toys to keep down costs. I dunno. If FF2 looked like that it'd probably still be hanging around.

Petey Parker
07-02-2007, 08:17 PM
First of all, it was really good. Almost great. Why it stops short is a couple non-clever jokes and some cheese that change the tone mid movie. The first act is, well, full of tension. And then there's a sequence that goes way too long in the middle and changes the tone of the movie. It extends into another sequence that's too long and doesn't feel right -- all of which doesn't advance the story but just extends the movie -- and then the movie goes into its third act and it seems to correct itself again. But throw-away characters that act out of character and say dumb things pull you out every now and again. Almost everything with the robots was spot on. I did feel a little cheesey with Optimus a few times -- I actually think the movie would have worked more if they said less. That first and third act, though -- wow.

That's exactly how I felt about the film when I watched it last night. Its like you read my mind.

noble
07-02-2007, 08:28 PM
The new soundwave(?) stereo decepticon had me rolling.

He was like a darkling(or a gremlin) and cornholio rolled into one.

When he hopped into the cop car and flipped off the soldiers was priceless :D

Petey Parker
07-02-2007, 08:53 PM
The new soundwave(?) stereo decepticon had me rolling.

He was like a darkling(or a gremlin) and cornholio rolled into one.

When he hopped into the cop car and flipped off the soldiers was priceless :D

I like when he got off the plane and he was nonchalantly walking over to the car and trying to hide his face like that was the only thing keeping people from noticing him.

Marcdachamp
07-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Frenzy fucking owned. I LOVED the little bastard! Officially one of my new favorite Transformers!

I can't believe anyone wouldn't love this. I'm taking my lil sis to see it tomorrow and I can't wait.

Jamie Coville
07-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Spoilers

I thought the very old dusty short wave radio bit was over done, the parts of there being no speakers and having to hook up the computer monitor was done to extend the movie and should have been edited down.

The climax with the cube burning a whole in what's his name chest made me go "wuh? where did that come from? why did it happen?"

That said I liked the movie. It reminds me of ID4, the Will Smith movie. Critically, a bad movie. But it's a straight on emotional rollercoaster ride that was gratifying in that aspect and made huge amounts of money. Transformers isn't quite as bad critically, but I enjoyed it despite the flaws. I tend to wonder how well it will hold up in repeat viewings or over time, but for the here and now it's a fun movie to watch.

The hard core fans gave it a roaring applause in my theatre.

Master Jack Rabbitt
07-02-2007, 09:04 PM
So, while I did enjoy this movie, there were a number of problems that I had with it. Namely two big things: Michael Bay and numerous plot holes. However, the actions scenes were absolutely wicked. Visually, the movie was great (excepting the number of Bay-esque slow shots). There were also some pretty good comedic scenes, but they were equalled in number by some cheesy/groan-worthy scenes, as well.
Will I buy the DVD? I think so.

Boris the Blade
07-02-2007, 09:10 PM
One of the least pleasant cinematic experiences of my life. The last 20 minutes or so are everything I would have wanted from this movie. The other two plus hours were sheer torture. I can barely even talk about it. I actually had to leave the theater for a couple minutes when the parents were freaking out and the Autobots were sneaking around the yard.

Ben
07-02-2007, 09:45 PM
I enjoyed it, but I do want to complain about two things. First, I just want to say how cool it was that they got the original voice for Optimus. That made the movie for me.

Ok, now for complaints:

1. ZOOM OUT! Jesus, sometimes I had no idea what was going on! ZOOM THE FUCK OUT when there's a cool fight going on.

2. This scene:

Optimus: Megatron, I, Optimus Prime, am now going to kick your ass!

Megatron: No way you can take me because I'm going to kick your ass first!

Optimus: Well, here we go! Now we're going to fight riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight NOW!

*cut to random boring army guys*

Army Guy #1: Hey, we're army guys hiding in some hole.
Army Guy #2: Yeah, we're just going to sit here and talk about stuff and talk on our CB radios!
Army Guy #1: ...

*cut back to cool Transformers*

Optimus: Whoa, what a fucking awesome fight that was!

Megatron: I know! It was totally epic and cool to watch!

John M. Coker (Johnny C.)
07-02-2007, 09:57 PM
One of the least pleasant cinematic experiences of my life. The last 20 minutes or so are everything I would have wanted from this movie. The other two plus hours were sheer torture. I can barely even talk about it. I actually had to leave the theater for a couple minutes when the parents were freaking out and the Autobots were sneaking around the yard.

Wow-- Hi, nice to meet you, I'm your exact fucking OPPOSITE. Well, not exact, as I liked the last 20 minutes, but it was my least favorite part of the film.

I honestly, cannot fucking BELIEVE how good this movie was. WOW. I was not expecting anything other than cool visuals, and man oh man, I am swear-to-God SHOCKED at how much I enjoyed this film. And I rarely can stand big action movies like this. But it was just so damn entertaining, immensely enjoyable, and just so fucking FUN. I can't even count the laugh out loud moments, and the funny wasn't cute-funny, or corny-funny, but actually FUNNY. The cast really surprised me with their performances. I am still baffled at how much fun this film was to watch, honestly can't remember the last time I had that much fun watching a movie like this.

Oh, and Megan Fox makes me feel quite dirty.

Pat Loika
07-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I loved it.

My only gripe? The movie needs MORE STARSCREAM.

P.

Magnum V.I.
07-02-2007, 10:14 PM
I loved it.

My only gripe? The movie needs MORE STARSCREAM.

P.

That's what the Sequel is for. That and Hopefully new Red Shirt Transformers that aren't black.

Albert
07-02-2007, 10:16 PM
OMG Eddie Winslow as Jazz

So much Autobot slapstick

More thoughts later!

07-02-2007, 10:18 PM
This movie made me want to see more films with Shia Labeouf in them. Is he usually this good?

Magnum V.I.
07-02-2007, 10:19 PM
This movie made me want to see more films with Shia Labeouf in them. Is he usually this good?

In My opinion yes. The kid is a Solid actor.

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 10:20 PM
I dont see how the ending was "gay" (some are complaining). You wanted G1 Transformers, you got it. I can tell they added all that Prime dialogue and cheesiness from the old toons to please the HCFans. Oh, and I could not imagine box robots and those simple ass transformations in this movie. I wouldve laughed so *bleep* hard if they went with the G1 designs. Ugh.

Anyway, the action was crazy, Robots were amazing, the funny parts were funny and if anyone wants to get nitpicky, it does not take place in LA (It's Mission City). Jazz and Ironhide are my favs. When Jazz transforms it looks like he's BREAKDANCING! So sick.

And now my complaints. The thing that kind of bothered me was the lack of interaction between the Decepticons. I wouldve liked to see how they acted towards eachother. But I have to be logical and remember this 2 and a half hr. movie had to do a lot of set up and character building for the humans. They couldve taken out Frenzy (he was just annoying), that black hacker guy was pretty pointless (I didnt really see the point, they couldve just made the white girl figure it out) aaaand Sector 7 guys couldve been cut out. Thats it.

8/10

HCMarvel
07-02-2007, 10:21 PM
I LOVED the first hour and fifteen minutes or so. Then John Tuturo came in...and there was no robot action for what felt like hours...and then the robot action was unwatchable because they never pulled the camera back. I don't need immersion in a robot action movie...I need to see robot action. If that means showing the whole of each robot in slow-mo...fine. But being "thrust" into the fight scenes DID NOT WORK. I was tilting my head every direction and now my eyes hurt.

So it was really really really close to being great. as is, it was a great set-up with a completely fumbled pay-off

Ben
07-02-2007, 10:27 PM
I LOVED the first hour and fifteen minutes or so. Then John Tuturo came in...and there was no robot action for what felt like hours...and then the robot action was unwatchable because they never pulled the camera back. I don't need immersion in a robot action movie...I need to see robot action. If that means showing the whole of each robot in slow-mo...fine. But being "thrust" into the fight scenes DID NOT WORK. I was tilting my head every direction and now my eyes hurt.

So it was really really really close to being great. as is, it was a great set-up with a completely fumbled pay-offYep, this is a big problem with action movies these days. It completely ruined Batman Begins for me. When I was a kid, we could tell every single move that was made (so we could recreate it later on homeless guys). But movies today, you can't tell what's going on. Wah! I'm old!

Albert
07-02-2007, 10:27 PM
I LOVED the first hour and fifteen minutes or so. Then John Tuturo came in...and there was no robot action for what felt like hours...

Yeah, man. Those Sector 7 guys were real dicks. Not only for being dicks, but also slowing down the movie!

07-02-2007, 10:29 PM
John Tuturo was easily the weakest part of the film. Couldn't stand the character, couldn't stand his performance, he just didn't work.

Albert
07-02-2007, 10:31 PM
John Tuturo was easily the weakest part of the film. Couldn't stand the character, couldn't stand his performance, he just didn't work.

And you could have pretty much cut out his entire character and subplot and the movie would have been the same.

But Eddie Winslow!

Boris the Blade
07-02-2007, 10:34 PM
And you could have pretty much cut out his entire character and subplot and the movie would have been the same.

But Eddie Winslow!
This is also true for the soldiers, sexy pentagon chick, and Anthony Anderson.

07-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Fuck Eddie Winslow...

ANDREW. Fucking ANDREW was in this film. And he should have had a bigger part, he could have, and should have, filled the Anthony Anderson role.

Albert
07-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Fuck Eddie Winslow...

ANDREW. Fucking ANDREW was in this film. And he should have had a bigger part, he could have, and should have, filled the Anthony Anderson role.

Yes, but they had to have a million different human characters for some reason.

When Andrew first appeared, I was like "No way! It looks like he'll have a big part!" But nope, I think he had only one more line after that.

Shade
07-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Fuck Eddie Winslow...

I agree completely.

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Fuck Eddie Winslow...

I was not in the movie.

07-02-2007, 10:38 PM
I was not in the movie.

No, but your geekier, funnier, more effeminate brother-in-name was. And for that 2 minutes, it was glorious.

Albert
07-02-2007, 10:38 PM
This movie was basically a checklist of everything you'd want to see (or at least me) in a Transformers movie.

Bumblebee peeing on a dude? Check!
Optimus Prime stepping on a bird bath and saying "Oops, my bad!"? Check!
Masturbation jokes? Check!
Eddie Winslow? Check!

The only thing it didn't have was someone saying they didn't want to sit in Bumblebee because they didn't know what part of his anatomy they were sitting on. That would have been awesome!

Megan Fox looks like she's 30.

07-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Megan Fox looks like she wants me to want to have sex with her. But alas, I am no Brian Austen Green.

Ben
07-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Megan Fox looks like she's 30.But she was 30 in the original cartoon series. This was obviously a *wink* to all us hardcore G1 Transfans!

07-02-2007, 10:42 PM
The funny thing is, other than Tuturo, my least favorite things in in this film were the old-school "homages" The two times we hear "More than meets the eye." I actually cringed and said to the screen "Nuh uh, they did not just do that... ugh."

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 10:45 PM
The funny thing is, other than Tuturo, my least favorite things in in this film were the old-school "homages" The two times we hear "More than meets the eye." I actually cringed and said to the screen "Nuh uh, they did not just do that... ugh."

I feel ya. I HATED all the G1 nods. Theyre just too corny and needed to stay in the 80s.

Ben
The funny thing is, other than Tuturo, my least favorite things in in this film were the old-school "homages" The two times we hear "More than meets the eye." I actually cringed and said to the screen "Nuh uh, they did not just do that... ugh."I know! It's like, why would I want to be reminded that I'm watching a Transformers movie! Skip all the "homages" and show more army guys!

HCMarvel
I know I'm posting again but I'm just shocked at how BAD the action was in this movie. Can you imagine how horrible this movie will look on TV? It will just be flashes of yellow rolling over blue. Terrible

Remember there was that thing where fans could vote for a line for Optimus Prime to say? What won? And why wasn't it "We ride together, we die together, transformers for life"

Albert
07-02-2007, 10:46 PM

That wasn't as silly as the opening scene of the military guys, which was basically a collection of mildly offensive cultural stereotypes. Hey, it's a vaguely Frenchy cajuny guy talking about eating aligators! A guy with a Boston accent talking about watching the Red Sox! And a black guy playing basketball! And a nondescript white guy who just wants to get home and see his wife and kid!

Ben
07-02-2007, 10:47 PM
I feel ya. I HATED all the G1 nods. Theyre just too corny and needed to stay in the 80s.They shouldn't even have called it "Transformers." I mean, what alien race would actually name themselves after their main abilities? Do we call ourselves "Oneformers?" No! The name of the movie was just so corny. If I want to watch Transformers that are called Transformers, I'll just watch the cartoon!

Ian Shaughnessy
I have never seen an episode of TRANSFORMERS in my life, but I did just get back from seeing the film and I thought it was a piece of hot garbage. Never before in my life have I wanted to walk out of a movie so badly. It trumps Spider-Man 3. Seriously, I'm angry over how terrible it was.

The acting, the writing, the direction, the fucked up score, the voice overs...everything was absolutely ridiculous to the extreme. It's easily the most irritating movie I have ever watched.

The kid was annoying to no end -- his jokes weren't funny. In fact, none of the jokes in the entire movie were funny. A lot of the one-liners were way forced (yay for starbucks jokes).

God, and the dialogue...everytime Jon Voight spoke I wanted to burst out in laughter at how ridiculous his lines were. Anthony Anderson and Bernie Mack? The kid's parents? That terrible masturbation joke? Give me a break. It's like the producers couldn't figure out what kind of movie they wanted to make.

Being Transformers, I was figuring it'd be a movie about...Transformers. Instead it was like 2 and a half hours of douchebags (did the movie have one likeable character?) sitting around telling lame jokes to one another. It was horrible. The action scenes were lame and indecipherable. The movie just blew.

OH and OPTIMUS PRIME sounded like that fucking Geico commercial where they poke fun of that guy who does the movie trailer voice overs. That did make me laugh. The closing monologue was like, "Is this a trailer or the end of a movie?"

Albert
I know! It's like, why would I want to be reminded that I'm watching a Transformers movie! Skip all the "homages" and show more army guys!

When Optimus said "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" I almost peed myself in glee, or should I say leaked lubircant in glee.

Ben
07-02-2007, 10:48 PM
That wasn't as silly as the opening scene of the military guys, which was basically a collection of mildly offensive cultural stereotypes. Hey, it's a vaguely Frenchy cajuny guy talking about eating aligators! A guy with a Boston accent talking about watching the Red Sox! And a black guy playing basketball! And a nondescript white guy who just wants to get home and see his wife and kid!Don't forget the hispanic guy that just RANDOMLY knows how to speak Spanish. :roll:

07-02-2007, 10:48 PM
I really can't stress enough how enjoyable this movie was. It was over like 3 hours ago, and it's late, and I kinda want to go to sleep, but I honestly can't because I'm still so damn wound up. It was like a visual adrenaline shot.

Magnum V.I.
07-02-2007, 10:49 PM
I have never seen an episode of TRANSFORMERS in my life, but I did just get back from seeing the film and I thought it was a piece of hot garbage. Never before in my life have I wanted to walk out of a movie so badly. It trumps Spider-Man 3. Seriously, I'm angry over how terrible it was.

The acting, the writing, the direction, the fucked up score, the voice overs...everything was absolutely ridiculous to the extreme. It's easily the most irritating movie I have ever watched.

The kid was annoying to no end -- his jokes weren't funny. In fact, none of the jokes in the entire movie were funny. A lot of the one-liners were way forced (yay for starbucks jokes).

God, and the dialogue...everytime Jon Voight spoke I wanted to burst out in laughter at how ridiculous his lines were. Anthony Anderson and Bernie Mack? The kid's parents? That terrible masturbation joke? Give me a break. It's like the producers couldn't figure out what kind of movie they wanted to make.

Being Transformers, I was figuring it'd be a movie about...Transformers. Instead it was like 2 and a half hours of douchebags (did the movie have one likeable character?) sitting around telling lame jokes to one another. It was horrible. The action scenes were lame and indecipherable. The movie just blew.

OH and OPTIMUS PRIME sounded like that fucking Geico commercial where they poke fun of that guy who does the movie trailer voice overs. That did make me laugh. The closing monologue was like, "Is this a trailer or the end of a movie?"

...You just raped my enjoyment of this film :cry:

Ben
When Optimus said "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" I almost peed myself in glee, or should I say leaked lubircant in glee.
If Bumblebee leaked "lubricant" out of his pee hole, does that mean he's a chick? Because that's what chicks do. It was a nice nod to the female Autobots from the original cartoon.

A.Huerta
That wasn't as silly as the opening scene of the military guys, which was basically a collection of mildly offensive cultural stereotypes. Hey, it's a vaguely Frenchy cajuny guy talking about eating aligators! A guy with a Boston accent talking about watching the Red Sox! And a black guy playing basketball! And a nondescript white guy who just wants to get home and see his wife and kid!

Guy was a latino.

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 10:50 PM

How old are u?

Ben
07-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Guy was a latino.
Not every latino eats alligators, you know... :roll:

Albert
07-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Guy was a latino.

But he was talking about eating alligators and étouffé! How can he be more than one thing? Not even Anthony Anderson could figure that out!

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Not every latino eats alligators, you know... :roll:

We usually like beans and carne.

07-02-2007, 10:52 PM
I know! It's like, why would I want to be reminded that I'm watching a Transformers movie! Skip all the "homages" and show more army guys!

Hey, I have no problem with homages, and there were some in this film that were fine. But there are clever ways to do it, and corny ways to do it. And both of the "More than meets the eye" lines were just too forced for me. Didn't sound natural at all, it just stuck out. The VW Bug next to Bumblebee in the used car lot? THAT worked. That was a nice homage, and it worked.

Magnum V.I.
But he was talking about eating alligators and étouffé! How can he be more than one thing? Not even Anthony Anderson could figure that out!

because at the beginning they told him to stop speaking Spanish. And I think he mentioned he was from Puerto Rico.

Ben
I was hoping they'd show Anthony Anderson shooting some hoops as a way to fight the Decepticons as a nod to use hardcore Hang Time fans (aka Hang Heads)

Bill!
Did anyone else pick out the same exact line from the Optimus Megatron fight that was in the original movie?

Bill!
07-02-2007, 10:53 PM
...You just raped my enjoyment of this film :cry:

Why? If I told you shit tasted like steak, would you start eating shit? This guy is out of his mind.

Ben
07-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Did anyone else pick out the same exact line from the Optimus Megatron fight that was in the original movie?He said one shall stand and one shall fall, but they BOTH fell! Rip off! Not a nod at all to hardcore fans!

Master Jack Rabbitt
In My opinion yes. The kid is a Solid actor.

My opinion, too.

Magnum V.I.
Why? If I told you shit tasted like steak, would you start eating shit? This guy is out of his mind.

Maybe!

He really didn't. But his thoughts on the movie were just like, 200% Opposite mine.

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 10:55 PM
He said one shall stand and one shall fall, but they BOTH fell! Rip off! Not a nod at all to hardcore fans!

Im guessing ur a HCFan. :lol:

Magnum V.I.
My opinion, too.

I've seen like....a good number of films with him in it and because of my wife, even his Disney channel show was kind of funny.

Ben
Im guessing ur a HCFan. :lol:I don't know what that means, so I'll say............ yes?

Albert
07-02-2007, 10:56 PM
I was hoping they'd show Anthony Anderson shooting some hoops as a way to fight the Decepticons as a nod to use hardcore Hang Time fans (aka Hang Heads)

Yeah, but did you notice the wink to longtime "Even Stevens" ("Evenophiliacs" if you will) fans when Shia LaBeouf did whatever he did on "Even Stevens"?

HCMarvel
I don't know what that means, so I'll say............ yes?

You really like me.

(actually i think he means hard core but he's way too cool to spell it out...)

Boris the Blade
Here's what I can't understand.

The plot is thin, and is only there to fuel the robot fighting. Okay. But they spend most of the movie on the thin plot. A really huge chunk of the 2 hours 40 odd minutes is spent on it, basically leading the characters from one Macguffin to the next, leading up the Transformers battle royale. The parts of the story I did find engaging were short and sweet, mostly the opening, and the section of the film where the Autobots made it to Earth and gave us their history. Otherwise, it was just blatant plot device after blatant plot device. If you're going to spend so much time telling a story, you should put a little more effort into it.

And then, when it finally gets down to action, you can barely even see it. A few key action scenes were well done, like I said before, the end section of the film, and the Bumblebee/Cop Car rescue/chase. Of course, when we got to the actual Bumblebee/Cop Car fight, we see a blurry bodyslam, cut to Shia fighting off Soundwave/Frenzy/Whatever, cut back to Bumblebee standing victorious over the wrecked cop car. What? I WANTED TO SEE THE ROBOT RUMBLE, YOU ASSHOLES.

So, it succeeds... where?

A.Huerta
I don't know what that means, so I'll say............ yes?

I KNEW IT!

HCfan = Hardcore fan

Ben
07-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah, but did you notice the wink to longtime "Even Stevens" ("Evenophiliacs" if you will) fans when Shia LaBeouf did whatever he did on "Even Stevens"?What about the nod to that episode of Hope and Faith when Hope said Faith was "more than meets the eye?" I was kind of surprised they didn't have Megan Fox say it, though. Maybe they were trying to be subtle like the VW Bug *wink*

Ben
07-02-2007, 10:58 PM
I KNEW IT!

HCfan = Hardcore fanOh, then no. I watched the cartoon and bought the toys when I was a child (and a few toys as an adult). It's fucking Transformers.

HCMarvel

The plot is thin, and is only there to fuel the robot fighting. Okay. But they spend most of the movie on the thin plot. A really huge chunk of the 2 hours 40 odd minutes is spent on it, basically leading the characters from one Macguffin to the next, leading up the Transformers battle royale. The parts of the story I did find engaging were short and sweet, mostly the opening, and the section of the film where the Autobots made it to Earth and gave us their history. Otherwise, it was just blatant plot device after blatant plot device. If you're going to spend so much time telling a story, you should put a little more effort into it.

And then, when it finally gets down to action, you can barely even see it. A few key action scenes were well done, like I said before, the end section of the film, and the Bumblebee/Cop Car rescue/chase. Of course, when we got to the actual Bumblebee/Cop Car fight, we see a blurry bodyslam, cut to Shia fighting off Soundwave/Frenzy/Whatever, cut back to Bumblebee standing victorious over the wrecked cop car. What? I WANTED TO SEE THE ROBOT RUMBLE, YOU ASSHOLES.

I support everything this man said.

Bill!

It's hard to tell you when you obviously were watching the movie with a bag on your head or your face in the popcorn bucket the whole time.

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Oh, then no. I watched the cartoon and bought the toys when I was a child (and a few toys as an adult). It's fucking Transformers.

Exactly.:)

Albert
What about the nod to that episode of Hope and Faith when Hope said Faith was "more than meets the eye?" I was kind of surprised they didn't have Megan Fox say it, though. Maybe they were trying to be subtle like the VW Bug *wink*

I don't know, that was a little cheesy to me. There's a good way and a bad way to have nods to "Hope and Faith." That part just reminded me of the clearly inferior third season. For a good "Hope and Faith" reference, see Faith Ford's appearance in "The Pacifier." I mean, Faith Ford playing the mom of a suburban family? Total nerdgasm!

Marcdachamp
I really can't stress enough how enjoyable this movie was. It was over like 3 hours ago, and it's late, and I kinda want to go to sleep, but I honestly can't because I'm still so damn wound up. It was like a visual adrenaline shot.

I came home, played the Wii and DS games and downloaded the soundtrack. I am so fucking pumped up right now.

Albert
07-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Oh, then no. I watched the cartoon and bought the toys when I was a child (and a few toys as an adult). It's fucking Transformers.

Would you have watched a movie of Transformers fucking?

HCMarvel
07-02-2007, 11:01 PM
It's hard to tell you when you obviously were watching the movie with a bag on your head or your face in the popcorn bucket the whole time.

So you can tell me blow for blow what happened in each of the robot fights (the ones we saw...)?

Cause I can tell you I was NEVER confused when Spider-man fought Doc Ock, when the martians attacked in War of the Worlds, or even when Neo fought 1000 Mr. Smiths. This movie, I had NO CLUE what was going on when the transformers would run into each other and roll around on the ground. It was one blurry, bright, mess. The best part of this movie was the set up with Shia and his car. That is a fucking crime in a movie about GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS WHO FIGHT EACH OTHER

07-02-2007, 11:01 PM

It succeeds in entertaining vastly me for 2 and a half hours or so. And as much as I enjoyed it, I wasn't even one of of the people that were standing and cheering and clapping, which was like 80% of the pretty much packed theater.

Ben
07-02-2007, 11:02 PM
It's hard to tell you when you obviously were watching the movie with a bag on your head or your face in the popcorn bucket the whole time.No, it was really hard to tell what was going on during a lot of those fights. The most I could make out was GIANT ROBOT FIGHT!!! I want to actually SEE them fighting, not feel like I'm one of the humans trying to flee in terror and confusion.

Ben
07-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Maybe our inability to figure out what the fuck was going on during most of those fight scenes was an homage to... uh... Galvatron's inability to overcome Unicron's control?

What about the nod to that episode of Hope and Faith when Hope said Faith was "more than meets the eye?" I was kind of surprised they didn't have Megan Fox say it, though. Maybe they were trying to be subtle like the VW Bug *wink*

The VW nod wasn't subtle at all, it was extremely blatant, but there's a difference between blatant and corny/forced.

Ian Shaughnessy
No, it was really hard to tell what was going on during a lot of those fights. The most I could make out was GIANT ROBOT FIGHT!!! I want to actually SEE them fighting, not feel like I'm one of the humans trying to flee in terror and confusion.

Yeah, the fights were all fucking stupid.

Seriously, it was a movie about stupid people. There just happened to be these cars that turned into robots standing around in the background.

Bill!
07-02-2007, 11:05 PM
No, it was really hard to tell what was going on during a lot of those fights. The most I could make out was GIANT ROBOT FIGHT!!! I want to actually SEE them fighting, not feel like I'm one of the humans trying to flee in terror and confusion.

I didn't have a problem. It feels more powerful when its up close. If you get too good a view of CG, well, you end up looking like Matrix Reloaded. And we all know what a dump of a fuck those action scenes were. Just thinking about those make me cringe.

07-02-2007, 11:06 PM
I want the inevitable sequel like, I dunno, tomorrow.

batmanbooyah
07-02-2007, 11:07 PM
it was alright. about 45min too long though. and there were no far out shots of transformers fighting, that kinda sucked. the designs were pretty jumbled too, i couldn't make shit out a lot of times. would it have been hard to give them some definitive legs and arms? ah well. still a pretty decent movie. i think the best part of the entire movie was bernie mack yelling at his mammie hahahaha dude, everyone was rolling. that and the first transformation sequence.

Ben
I didn't have a problem. It feels more powerful when its up close. If you get too good a view of CG, well, you end up looking like Matrix Reloaded. And we all know what a dump of a fuck those action scenes were. Just thinking about those make me cringe.No, it just feels louder and closer.

Albert
I want the inevitable sequel like, I dunno, tomorrow.

I hope they bring back Jazz, but they update him and call him "Rap."

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 11:08 PM
it was alright. about 45min too long though. and there were no far out shots of transformers fighting, that kinda sucked. the designs were pretty jumbled too, i couldn't make shit out a lot of times. would it have been hard to give them some definitive legs and arms? ah well. still a pretty decent movie. i think the best part of the entire movie was bernie mack yelling at his mammie hahahaha dude, everyone was rolling. that and the first transformation sequence.

There was a few.

I hope they bring back Jazz, but they update him and call him "Rap."

Or B-Boy?

Albert
No, it just feels louder and closer.

How much of a dump of a fuck would you call it?

Bill!
07-02-2007, 11:09 PM
No, it just feels louder and closer.

If you had a wide pan of two robots hitting each other, that would look fucking retarded. An epic fight like in the movie needed to be up close and compelling. There was nothing wrong with the action scenes. If you couldn't tell what was going on, you either need to pay better attention or get some glasses. That's really all I can say.

batmanbooyah
07-02-2007, 11:11 PM
There was a few.

of them fighting one on one? not just shooting eachother?

HCMarvel
07-02-2007, 11:11 PM
If you had a wide pan of two robots hitting each other, that would look fucking retarded. An epic fight like in the movie needed to be up close and compelling. There was nothing wrong with the action scenes. If you couldn't tell what was going on, you either need to pay better attention or get some glasses. That's really all I can say.

Okay guy, you obviously have 20/10 vision and i must be blind as a bat. Please, tell me what happened in the fight between bumblebee and the cop car decepticon. They crashed into each other and then what?

Or, i'll give you an easier one, what happened in the fight with Optimus Prime and the guy whose head he cut off before the head was cut off. What, just give me a basic explanation. Cause to me, it was two things just banging together and then one guy standing up.

Ian Shaughnessy
07-02-2007, 11:12 PM

No, it's called messy directing. Michael Bay has just tricked you into feeling the way you feel about those action shots.

Ben
07-02-2007, 11:12 PM
If you had a wide pan of two robots hitting each other, that would look fucking retarded. An epic fight like in the movie needed to be up close and compelling. There was nothing wrong with the action scenes. If you couldn't tell what was going on, you either need to pay better attention or get some glasses. That's really all I can say.Somewhere between the super zoomed in close up in the movie and your exaggerated alternative, there is the ideal shot of two robots fighting.

And I HAVE glasses.

Ben
07-02-2007, 11:13 PM
No, it's called messy directing. Michael Bay has just tricked you into feeling the way you feel about those action shots.Probably a nod to how in the first movie Megatron tricked Optimus into thinking he wanted mercy when he was really reaching for a gun!

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 11:14 PM
of them fighting one on one? not just shooting eachother?

Prime vs Crusher, Barricade vs Bumblebee, Jazz vs Tank guy and Megs, Ratchet and Ironhide shooting Tank guy in the distance and a few wide shots with Prime and Megs. Oh and Starscream against the fighter jets.

Boris the Blade
07-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Where am I wrong? Come on, let's discuss this in a bit more detail man! I love these polarizing movies, the debate is always so much fun.

07-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Or, i'll give you an easier one, what happened in the fight with Optimus Prime and the guy whose head he cut off before the head was cut off. What, just give me a basic explanation. Cause to me, it was two things just banging together and then one guy standing up.

Of all the fight scenes in the movie, the Prime/Bonecrusher one was easily my favorite. It was intense, in your face, fun as fuck, badass, and Optimus OWNED his ass HARD. That was THE "this is why OP is the badass OG" scene. Best fight in the film.

Ian Shaughnessy
07-02-2007, 11:19 PM
So what, was JURRASIC PARK a less entertaining movie because it actually, I dunno, showed the dinosaurs chomping up shit in a movie that was about dinosaurs chomping up shit?

A movie that's supposed to be about robots fighting each other is somehow extremely entertaining when it doesn't show the robots fighting each other? I don't get it.

batmanbooyah
07-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Prime vs Crusher, Barricade vs Bumblebee, Jazz vs Tank guy and Megs, Ratchet and Ironhide shooting Tank guy in the distance and a few wide shots with Prime and Megs. Oh and Starscream against the fighter jets.

no no, FARTHER out. though starscream flying should have been like, 22 minutes longer!

HCMarvel
07-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Of all the fight scenes in the movie, the Prime/Bonecrusher one was easily my favorite. It was intense, in your face, fun as fuck, badass, and Optimus OWNED his ass HARD. That was THE "this is why OP is the badass OG" scene. Best fight in the film.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG.

WHAT DID HE DO IN THE FIGHT. IT ENDED WITH HIM POPPING OUT A BLADE AND THEN HE CUT HIM...I THINK. BUT WHAT IN THE NAME OF ZEUS' BUTT-HOLE (FOR YOU MICHAEL BAY FANS OUT THERE) DID HE DO IN THE FIGHT? HE FELL ON HIM? I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!!

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Okay guy, you obviously have 20/10 vision and i must be blind as a bat. Please, tell me what happened in the fight between bumblebee and the cop car decepticon. They crashed into each other and then what?

Prime gets tackled off the freeway by Crusher, both fall and get up, close up of Primes fist uppercutting Crushers face and fall again below. They square off and Crusher starts using that long ass tail/grabber thing, Prime dodges, busts out his armblade, chops tail thingy off, gets Crusher in head-lock and chops/stabs his head off.

Albert
07-02-2007, 11:24 PM
You know what was missing from this movie was a scene in which someone gets killed because they're inside a Transformer when it transforms. Why else make it PG-13?!?!

Marcdachamp

WHAT DID HE DO IN THE FIGHT. IT ENDED WITH HIM POPPING OUT A BLADE AND THEN HE CUT HIM...I THINK. BUT WHAT IN THE NAME OF ZEUS' BUTT-HOLE (FOR YOU MICHAEL BAY FANS OUT THERE) DID HE DO IN THE FIGHT? HE FELL ON HIM? I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!!

You are. The Prime/Megatron fight was really close up, the rest were not. I disagree.

So what, was JURRASIC PARK a less entertaining movie because it actually, I dunno, showed the dinosaurs chomping up shit in a movie that was about dinosaurs chomping up shit?

A movie that's supposed to be about robots fighting each other is somehow extremely entertaining when it doesn't show the robots fighting each other? I don't get it.

I dunno, either you and I went to different movies, or people just see what they want to see. Because I saw a LOT of robots fighting each other, and the theater I was in was packed with people cheering on robots fighting each other. And to be honest, near the end of the film, I almost saw a little more of robots fighting each other than I really needed too. Honestly, the final battle in the city last about 3 minutes longer than I would have liked.

A.Huerta
no no, FARTHER out. though starscream flying should have been like, 22 minutes longer!

How far? Like viewing from a satelite?:lol:

Ian Shaughnessy
Prime gets tackled off the freeway by Crusher, both fall and get up, close up of Primes fist uppercutting Crushers face and fall again below. They square off and Crusher starts using that long ass tail/grabber thing, Prime dodges, busts out his armblade, chops tail thingy off, gets Crusher in head-lock and chops/stabs his head off.

Nevermind the fact that the shot of just the cars driving down the street looking all serious in their car form was a longer scene than that whole "fight."

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Nevermind the fact that the shot of just the cars driving down the street looking all serious in their car form was a longer scene than that whole "fight."

Considering the fight started on the Freeway, I disagree.

Boris the Blade
07-02-2007, 11:26 PM
People were clapping in my theater at the end too. I was entertained for a good half hour of it, irritated for hour and a half, and for the first half hour I was still sort of feeling it out.

Starscream vs. the fighter jets was fucking amazing. Easily the best action sequence in the movie, but it was in a very strange place.

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 11:28 PM
If anyone else wants to know what happened in the other fights, just ask. :-)

07-02-2007, 11:28 PM

He popped out this sweet ass hot blade, gutted his ass, and chopped his fucking head off. Thus-- owning his ass. And it was swank. A fight does not have to be LONG to be AWESOME. I'd rather watch Samoa Joe kick Jeff Jarrett's head off in 30 seconds than watch Sting and Christian punch each other for 30 minutes.

KAK
07-02-2007, 11:29 PM
I thought it was a GOOD introductory movie for the franchise. Now with all the set up out of the way, can we please get to 80% Transformer screen time and 20% human. I mean I DIDN'T give a shit about the humans, all I wanted was some character to be put in my robots, which was minimal. The effects looked amazing, the action jumbled, and Prime's voice great. What was the point of not getting Frank Welker? NOBODY could tell Megatron was Hugo Weaving, the fuck is that? Frank Welker would have done just fine in the movie, would have totally fit the tone. Bring on the sequel!

07-02-2007, 11:31 PM
You know what was missing from this movie was a scene in which someone gets killed because they're inside a Transformer when it transforms. Why else make it PG-13?!?!

Honestly, I was kinda shocked that this movie only got a pg-13 rating. With all the violence, sex jokes, and the language.

Brewtown Andy
Wow, I fucking loved this. It was the movie Michael Bay was born to make, and I mean that in a good way. It's like you live in my head.

A.Huerta
I am still amazed that this movie only cost 150mill to make. Spider-Man3, Superman Returns, X3, PoTC??? Where did that money go?

batmanbooyah
07-02-2007, 11:32 PM
How far? Like viewing from a satelite?:lol:

POSSIBLY!!!!!! i mean the camera was just everywhere, wouldn't stop moving. i know that's a trick to keep the audience entertained and glued to the screen, but COME ON! its f'ing robots fighting! the camera can be stationary for 2 hours and i'd still be jacking off in delight!

07-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Although this might not mean much coming form me, being that I don't usually like blow-em-up action films, this might actually be my favorite action flick of all time.

batmanbooyah
07-02-2007, 11:33 PM
I am still amazed that this movie only cost 150mill to make. Spider-Man3, Superman Returns, X3, PoTC??? Where did that money go?

the end shot of optimus standing there, he was shaking back and forth, as if he wasn't firmly planted into the ground.

210 million = spiderman 2, some of hte best action sequences EVAR!!!!111!!
150 million = really good effects, but corners being cut. and blurry pictures.

KAK
07-02-2007, 11:34 PM

To the actors, directors, and to effects. Not that anyone could tell, so yeah easily $150 million well spent by Dreamworks and Paramount. Apparently Bay is known for keeping his movies within budget.

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 11:35 PM
the end shot of optimus standing there, he was shaking back and forth, as if he wasn't firmly planted into the ground.

210 million = spiderman 2, some of hte best action sequences EVAR!!!!111!!
150 million = really good effects, but corners being cut. and blurry pictures.

Not really. Since they got closer more detail was being seen(cogs, pistons, pipes, wires, shifting gears etc..), which means more work for the animators.

KAK
07-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Although this might not mean much coming form me, being that I don't usually like blow-em-up action films, this might actually be my favorite action flick of all time.

Not even close on my favorite action movies list.

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Not even close on my favorite action movies list.

Mine would probably be Predator.

Kirblar
07-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Ripping off the plot of Independance day halfway through the film made my opinion of it go a lot lower.

Los
07-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Just got back from watching this.
I loved it. It was awesome.
Not the perfect Transformer movie because I felt it was a bit too long (too much unnecessary human characters), but it was still great. Bumblebee was the shit, so was Jazz. And I think I'm naming my son Optimus...

07-02-2007, 11:42 PM
I have never before left a movie theater feeling as if I could tip over a car.

Magnum V.I.
07-02-2007, 11:44 PM
I have never before left a movie theater feeling as if I could tip over a car.

Cops generally frown upon you trying to do that to there cruisers after you walk out. :(

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Ripping off the plot of Independance day halfway through the film made my opinion of it go a lot lower.

ID4 didnt start the whole aliens invasion thing.

Magnum V.I.
07-02-2007, 11:45 PM

Man, The Day the Earth Stood Still is such a rip off of Casablanca. But Just with Aliens.

Ben
07-03-2007, 06:07 AM
You know what was missing from this movie was a scene in which someone gets killed because they're inside a Transformer when it transforms. Why else make it PG-13?!?!You know what else was missing? The fucking Prime/Megatron fight! They cut away to show us some army guys jerking off! WTF! How come no one else is complaining about this!?

Simps
07-03-2007, 06:31 AM
What would Transformers fans expect to see, or want to see, in a sequel?

Kirblar
07-03-2007, 06:34 AM
"Secret Government department that no one knows about is keeping a secret base with alien artifacts hidden in Nevada since the early 20th century."

Yeah, that's not straight out of another movie....

justjeffery
07-03-2007, 06:37 AM

Two words...

Go

and

Bots!

or dino bots...

JackBauer
07-03-2007, 06:39 AM

Galvatron and Unicron.

Pat Loika
07-03-2007, 06:42 AM

MORE Starscream.

Drkemerld73
07-03-2007, 06:55 AM

I vote for Dinobots and also Shockwave (If he isn't mentioned or hinted at in this one).

* I'm going to be seeing it tonight! :)

Cth
07-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Skywarp makes a cameo appearance in case anyone was interested.

Also, what'd everyone think of the Blair Witch Project Meets ID4 JJ Abrahams trailer?

Bill!
07-03-2007, 06:57 AM
It would be hard to do a sequel I think. Because of the way they set up this movie, there really is no Cybertron left. So it makes you wonder where the remaining decepticons are. If they are somewhere though, definitely have Shockwave come in. Not to mention Megatrons body is still in existence.

But because of the Cybertron thing, you really couldn't do many other things besides another decepticon invasion of Earth.

James Patrick
07-03-2007, 07:00 AM
Well, I guess this answers my question (and one other person's). From http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=42237

Director Michael Bay told Sci Fi Wire exactly how he saves money on a project like this. "My secret is I shoot very, very fast," Bay said. "I do. ... An average director will shoot 20 setups a day. I do about 75. And they're real setups. ... We work 12-hour days. I don't go overtime, but we work very hard. I gave 30 percent of my fee, because they were going to ship me to Canada or Australia. I said, 'No, I want to shoot with my guys.' It's a team that I've worked with for close to 16 years. And ... I like keeping movies in Los Angeles, if I could."

Cth
07-03-2007, 07:13 AM
RE: Budget

Just so I set the story straight, my budget started a $145 Million it crept to $150 and some change – I’m very proud of that – the fact that we are half the cost of all these other summer blockbusters. I see people doubt that out on the net, but anyone want to challenge me I’ll put a ten thousand dollar bet down on the table right now.

Even when the studio tried to ship me out to Canada or shoot down with Aussies - I looked but I knew we were dead up there. I needed my crew that I have been loyal to for years, they are the best in the world. Besides I believe American movies that portray America, should be made in America. I cut my fee 30% so I could make this at home. I knew this was right for the movie so I asked the other producers to join – Ian and Lorenzo did, and the two others (that came attached to the project) Tom Desanto and Don Murphy did not. That was my introduction to them – they did not want any part of their fee going to make a better movie. Things like that don’t usually sit well with me.

They also saved $3 million by going with the GM cars instead of the originals used in the cartoon, and Shia came cheaply I'd imagine.

Cth
07-03-2007, 07:14 AM
It would be hard to do a sequel I think. Because of the way they set up this movie, there really is no Cybertron left. So it makes you wonder where the remaining decepticons are. If they are somewhere though, definitely have Shockwave come in. Not to mention Megatrons body is still in existence.

But because of the Cybertron thing, you really couldn't do many other things besides another decepticon invasion of Earth.

Easy.

He sends out a signal.

Who answers? Unicron and the other Decepticons scattered throughout the galaxy trying to find Megatron.

Evan the Shaggy
07-03-2007, 07:31 AM

Dinobots. Insecticons. Unicron. Soundwave. Shockwave. Ultra Magnus. Galvatron. More Starscream.

Bill!
07-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Dinobots. Insecticons. Unicron. Soundwave. Shockwave. Ultra Magnus. Galvatron. More Starscream.

Dude. Ultra Magnus sucks. He's the biggest tool in the Transformers universe. Fucker stood by and did nothing while the Autobots died. What was his response? "I can't deal with that now!" And lets not forget that little scene in the movie where they are discussing the big plan, and he looks bored as fuck. I think he's actually tapping his finger on the desk.

A.Huerta
07-03-2007, 07:53 AM
"Secret Government department that no one knows about is keeping a secret base with alien artifacts hidden in Nevada since the early 20th century."

Yeah, that's not straight out of another movie....

U do know that Area 51 wasnt created in ID4, right? And what about MIB? or X-Files? Or The guys in Predator 2? It's not an original idea.

Bill!
07-03-2007, 07:57 AM
I really don't think Unicron will make sense with the Transformers universe the movie created. It would just be too out there, and you'd end up with a big mess, like Fantastic Four 2.

Not to mention there would be no way to kill Unicron.

A.Huerta
07-03-2007, 08:07 AM
I really hated Frenzy the more I think about it. He was like a killer version of JarJar. No more Frenzy type characters, please.

Gecko
07-03-2007, 08:22 AM
Now this film was so good it requires you to see it TWICE.

I'm planning on seeing it again tomorrow night ;)

Gecko
07-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Dude. Ultra Magnus sucks. He's the biggest tool in the Transformers universe. Fucker stood by and did nothing while the Autobots died. What was his response? "I can't deal with that now!" And lets not forget that little scene in the movie where they are discussing the big plan, and he looks bored as fuck. I think he's actually tapping his finger on the desk.

Ultra Magnus always struck me as the "teenager" version of Optimus Prime. I like him but I agree he does have some maturity issues.

Gecko
07-03-2007, 08:28 AM

OMEGA SUPREME!!

I'd love ot see Soundwave be a big character in the sequel. I could see him putting Megatron back together.

Unicron would be easy to establish without looking corny or cheesy. The point is that these are robots. I'd like to see him come into these films if not for the Final film.

GREAT Run time too!! It allowed the first second and third acts breathe a bit and allowed more time for the robots to shine.

Bill!
07-03-2007, 08:29 AM
What they could do is:

A power struggle between Starscream and Shockwave, just as would likely happen as they try and take over Earth. Then you could always ressurect Megatron at the end.

Cth
07-03-2007, 08:30 AM
I really don't think Unicron will make sense with the Transformers universe the movie created. It would just be too out there, and you'd end up with a big mess, like Fantastic Four 2.

Not to mention there would be no way to kill Unicron.

They've already been talking about Unicron and Dinobots for the sequel, possibly Constructicons.

And besides, how else are they gonna top this one? They HAVE to do bigger and better.

Cth
07-03-2007, 08:31 AM
I really hated Frenzy the more I think about it. He was like a killer version of JarJar. No more Frenzy type characters, please.

He reminded me more of Spike from Gremlins.

I went in expecting to hate him, but I liked him.

Gecko
07-03-2007, 08:31 AM
You know what else was missing? The fucking Prime/Megatron fight! They cut away to show us some army guys jerking off! WTF! How come no one else is complaining about this!?

There were WTF moments like this in the movie. I won't lie but I'm biased because I was so excited in seeing one of my favorite icons come to life on screen.

I thought scenes dropped out of nowhere during the movie and I hope in the sequel we will see VERY little of the human storyline. It was very poorly written and often went too over the top at times.

Still even with that the movie is incredible. LOVED IT!

Bill!
07-03-2007, 08:32 AM
They've already been talking about Unicron and Dinobots for the sequel, possibly Constructicons.

And besides, how else are they gonna top this one? They HAVE to do bigger and better.

The Dinobots would not be a good idea in my opinion. I just couldn't take them seriously on screen. They need to stick with modern concepts. The origin of the Dinobots is cool in the comics, but for a movie, it would be terrible and could not possibly work seeing as how there are no dinosaurs for them to copy. Any biological form of Transformer would be dumb.

Gecko
07-03-2007, 08:33 AM

Agreed. There were some moments in the Airplane cabin where his CGI completely slipped and looked really bad.

Gecko
07-03-2007, 08:36 AM

Contructicons would be awesome but it'd be hard to bring down Devastator without the Dinobots or Omega Supreme.

Bill!
07-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Contructicons would be awesome but it'd be hard to bring down Devastator without the Dinobots or Omega Supreme.

Yeah, a decepticon combined transformer would be sweet. Devastator would be awesome. You could also bring in Superion to fight him, along with the other decepticon jets (Thundercracker is the shit!) to fight them in the sky.

Gecko
07-03-2007, 08:47 AM
If I heard Megatron command:

"Constructicons, merge for the Kill"

I'd probably lose it ;)

Albert
07-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Agreed. There were some moments in the Airplane cabin where his CGI completely slipped and looked really bad.

It sort of looked like a fancy "Short Circuits" robot.

Gecko
07-03-2007, 08:56 AM
It sort of looked like a fancy "Short Circuits" robot.

That's it!!!!!!! you're right!!

:D

Greenville 90210
07-03-2007, 10:53 AM
I saw Transformers tonight and felt as if I was watching a piece of my childhood go up in smoke. I've seen a LOT of Transformers love on this board, and if you liked it- hey, more power to you. If you're like me and thought it was the shittiest movie of the summer thus far, join me and we'll discuss.

Calm down. What did you expect?

Cth
07-03-2007, 11:03 AM
The Dinobots would not be a good idea in my opinion. I just couldn't take them seriously on screen. They need to stick with modern concepts. The origin of the Dinobots is cool in the comics, but for a movie, it would be terrible and could not possibly work seeing as how there are no dinosaurs for them to copy. Any biological form of Transformer would be dumb.

It could work since they're coming from other planets.. and it's possible dinosaurs evolved on another planet.

Bill!
07-03-2007, 11:08 AM
It could work since they're coming from other planets.. and it's possible dinosaurs evolved on another planet.

Possible. Highly unlikely though and it would make for pretty bad storytelling. They have plenty of other sources for entertainment. Namely Devastator, Superion and a plethora of other normal G1 characters. Can you imagine seeing 5 jets flying through the air and transforming into Superion in mid air and landing on the ground to fight Devastator? I cannot imagine a better action scene.

Cth
07-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Agreed.

It would be neat to see them attempting to build their own robots for future movies though.

I'm just going off of what producers have stated about their intentions for the sequels. Of course, the producers said some pretty outlandish things when TF was first announced too.

I just wanna see a Combiner on screen.. that'll be unreal.

Bill!
07-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Agreed.

It would be neat to see them attempting to build their own robots for future movies though.

I'm just going off of what producers have stated about their intentions for the sequels. Of course, the producers said some pretty outlandish things when TF was first announced too.

I just wanna see a Combiner on screen.. that'll be unreal.

I think that would be pretty cool too, seeing them build ones.

But... there is really no source for their life. There is no such thing as the Matrix in the movie and the all spark (seemingly the matrix and energon ideas combined) was destroyed.

Drkemerld73
07-03-2007, 11:32 AM

They could make it work if somehow the Dinobots landed in Earth's past and got modeled after dinosaurs, and then being reactivated much later. Or hell, maybe being modeled after those mechanical dinosaurs in the theme parks.

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I'm not sure how they go about the process just yet.

If anything they could keep the Dinobots in a jungle type setting away from humans and being on some type of mission going up against some serious Decepticons.

Even if they change the designs, they have to find some way of bringing Grimlock into the mix. I just want to see him kick all sorts of ass.

Albert
07-03-2007, 11:34 AM

You bring up a good point, seeing as how this movie was all about scientific realism and verite style.

Albert
07-03-2007, 11:36 AM
It would be cool if some critic that hated it said "Not even the live-giving allspark could liven up this film!"

RegularJoe
07-03-2007, 11:47 AM
If I heard Megatron command:

"Constructicons, merge for the Kill"

I'd probably lose it ;)

i almost peed my pants with 'one shall stand, one shall fall'.

BenC (formerly Ape-X)
07-03-2007, 12:13 PM
He said one shall stand and one shall fall, but they BOTH fell! Rip off! Not a nod at all to hardcore fans!
Funniest! Post! Evar!!1!!

JackBauer
07-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Optimus pulled out a piece of the Allspark of Megatron's corpse perhaps that's a plot device for the second movie.

moonspider
07-03-2007, 12:19 PM
i truly dug it.....this is the only time i am happy about watching a michael bay movie

Ares
07-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Optimus pulled out a piece of the Allspark of Megatron's corpse perhaps that's a plot device for the second movie.

Agreed. He could be the Spark (Pun intended) for it to Grown again

bartleby
07-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I feel like I'm missing something. I'm probably one of the biggest Michael Bay supporters out there—except for PEARL HARBOR, there's no defending that—but man did TRANSFORMERS do absolutely nothing for me.

Shia LeBeouf was about the only thing the movie had going for it, which is probably not something you should be saying about a Michael Bay movie.

moonspider
07-03-2007, 12:26 PM
What they could do is:

A power struggle between Starscream and Shockwave, just as would likely happen as they try and take over Earth. Then you could always ressurect Megatron at the end.

well but now'll he be galvatron.....right?

divinus
07-03-2007, 12:54 PM
So, while I did enjoy this movie, there were a number of problems that I had with it. Namely two big things: Michael Bay and numerous plot holes. However, the actions scenes were absolutely wicked. Visually, the movie was great (excepting the number of Bay-esque slow shots). There were also some pretty good comedic scenes, but they were equalled in number by some cheesy/groan-worthy scenes, as well.
Will I buy the DVD? I think so.

which theatre here did you go to?

Master Jack Rabbitt
07-03-2007, 12:55 PM
which theatre here did you go to?

The one on Brooks and Mullan, whatever it's called. The one with ten screens.

glk
07-03-2007, 01:06 PM
I enjoyed the crap out of this movie! The action was fantastic, and the seamless CG work was just stunning. I loved all the comedic touches and although the film was a big, loud, over-produced Hollywood movie, I loved the shit out of every moment. They made it fun rather than taking it too serious, and it really worked for me. Fuck the science! They're transforming robots for God's sake!!!

Albert
07-03-2007, 01:07 PM
I feel like I'm missing something. I'm probably one of the biggest Michael Bay supporters out there—except for PEARL HARBOR, there's no defending that—but man did TRANSFORMERS do absolutely nothing for me.

Shia LeBeouf was about the only thing the movie had going for it, which is probably not something you should be saying about a Michael Bay movie.

What about Bumblebee peeing on dudes? And Optimus Prime saying "oops, my bad"? And Eddie Winslow?

divinus
07-03-2007, 01:13 PM
The one on Brooks and Mullan, whatever it's called. The one with ten screens.

no shit. i was there.:d

i went into the first section, i think it was.

Master Jack Rabbitt
07-03-2007, 01:14 PM
no shit. i was there.:d

i went into the first section, i think it was.

I think I was in the third screen, not sure though. It wasn't one of the larger rooms.

JackBauer
07-03-2007, 01:17 PM
I watched Bad Boys 1 yesterday and it was a great action movie I don't really get the Michael Bay bashing.
He really knows how to make action look cool and über-stylish, wild camera movements, crazy angles, kick ass explosions and stupid jokes, that's just great.

divinus
07-03-2007, 01:40 PM
I think I was in the third screen, not sure though. It wasn't one of the larger rooms.

Yeah, I ended up next to a family of larger people and their tiny kid.

The kid was...not enthralled.

I'm halfhearted about the movie--one of the things I've learned in regards to critiquing stories over the years is not to critique the movie/story as you would've written/directed it, but to critique it how it is.

And in a lot of ways, I found it half-finished or rushed, in that the Section 7 storyline, the opening attack/survivors of the attack storyline, and the hackers storyline really seemed like it was meant to try to incorporate a sampling of ethnicities without giving them much of a purpose beyond barely disguised plot devices.

And no one's ever going to confuse "Transformers" with "Citizen Kane" or "The Godfather", but all the plot device you really need in a movie like this is letting Big, Alien Robot A pummel Big, Alien Robot B into the next galaxy.

I didn't have much of a problem with the design or the special effects, as that was obviously going to be the backbone of the movie, and ILM made sure they had this part of it covered. It would've been better served to have spent more time developing some of the key Transformers as individual beings... but I get the feeling that a lot of the extraneous characters were forced upon them by a focus group.

Ultimately, one of the first things they spoke about in one of my earliest writing classes is to always leave your audience wanting more.

In that way, Bay and his colleagues succeeded with "Transformers"--but it almost seems that they did so in spite of themselves, in that I feel we weren't given much characterization for anyone, outside of maybe Bumblebee.

...but as I said to my friend last night, I still liked this more than the 80's version.

What I did enjoy most was Bumblebee's "voice", the modernization of the transforming sound, and Prime having his 80's voice--as others have said, that was probably the best, most important part of the movie.

Hopefully, the Transformers' characterization will get more of a focus in the sequel...

Master Jack Rabbitt
07-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I ended up next to a family of larger people and their tiny kid.

The kid was...not enthralled.

I'm halfhearted about the movie--one of the things I've learned in regards to critiquing stories over the years is not to critique the movie/story as you would've written/directed it, but to critique it how it is.

And in a lot of ways, I found it half-finished or rushed, in that the Section 7 storyline, the opening attack/survivors of the attack storyline, and the hackers storyline really seemed like it was meant to try to incorporate a sampling of ethnicities without giving them much of a purpose beyond barely disguised plot devices.

And no one's ever going to confuse "Transformers" with "Citizen Kane" or "The Godfather", but all the plot device you really need in a movie like this is letting Big, Alien Robot A pummel Big, Alien Robot B into the next galaxy.

I didn't have much of a problem with the design or the special effects, as that was obviously going to be the backbone of the movie, and ILM made sure they had this part of it covered. It would've been better served to have spent more time developing some of the key Transformers as individual beings... but I get the feeling that a lot of the extraneous characters were forced upon them by a focus group.

Ultimately, one of the first things they spoke about in one of my earliest writing classes is to always leave your audience wanting more.

In that way, Bay and his colleagues succeeded with "Transformers"--but it almost seems that they did so in spite of themselves, in that I feel we weren't given much characterization for anyone, outside of maybe Bumblebee.

...but as I said to my friend last night, I still liked this more than the 80's version.

What I did enjoy most was Bumblebee's "voice", the modernization of the transforming sound, and Prime having his 80's voice--as others have said, that was probably the best, most important part of the movie.

Hopefully, the Transformers' characterization will get more of a focus in the sequel...

You nailed pretty much how I felt about the movie.

And I was stuck on the end of the row of people I came with and the fellow who sat next to me laughed obnoxiously at the slightest jokes, kept talking to himself, and when he wasn't doing those things, he would lean way forward with his mouth wide agape. Very distracting. :)

divinus
07-03-2007, 02:00 PM
You nailed pretty much how I felt about the movie.

And I was stuck on the end of the row of people I came with and the fellow who sat next to me laughed obnoxiously at the slightest jokes, kept talking to himself, and when he wasn't doing those things, he would lean way forward with his mouth wide agape. Very distracting. :)

I forgot to mention...I dug the hell out of Frenzy. He's the type of character that normally would annoy me, but...the "Oh Shit" line sold it.

Lab-Rat
07-03-2007, 02:02 PM
well but now'll he be galvatron.....right?

I have a theory....

You see...when Prime said, "Then I'll insert the All Spark into my chest and merge with it." The rest of the Autobots responded with "but you could die." Honestly...I don't think they knew what would happen, they were thinking worst case scenario. I don't Think Megatron is dead. I think he's suffering from Power Overload. He'll reactivate and having been merged with the All Spark will change him...making him more powerfull...maybe even effecting his personality..cause a split..or a change...in which he becomes Galvatron!

Just something I thought of.

Lab-Rat
07-03-2007, 02:03 PM
I forgot to mention...I dug the hell out of Frenzy. He's the type of character that normally would annoy me, but...the "Oh Shit" line sold it.

I also thought it was great when he got into Barricade and started flipping the bird towards the humans. made me laugh. seems I was the only person in the theater that cought that.

A.Huerta
07-03-2007, 02:33 PM
I think that would be pretty cool too, seeing them build ones.

But... there is really no source for their life. There is no such thing as the Matrix in the movie and the all spark (seemingly the matrix and energon ideas combined) was destroyed.

Last time I checked, you cannot destroy energy. it just goes somwhere else.

Bill!
07-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Last time I checked, you cannot destroy energy. it just goes somwhere else.

Granted. But.. lets say you have a battery. And then I burn it up until theres seemingly nothing left of it. Do you have the ability to pull its energy out of thin air and use it again?

moonspider
07-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I have a theory....

You see...when Prime said, "Then I'll insert the All Spark into my chest and merge with it." The rest of the Autobots responded with "but you could die." Honestly...I don't think they knew what would happen, they were thinking worst case scenario. I don't Think Megatron is dead. I think he's suffering from Power Overload. He'll reactivate and having been merged with the All Spark will change him...making him more powerfull...maybe even effecting his personality..cause a split..or a change...in which he becomes Galvatron!

that's what im thinking also.....
i dug the flick...and thank god, that they replaced soundwave with fenzy...seriously

A.Huerta
07-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Granted. But.. lets say you have a battery. And then I burn it up until theres seemingly nothing left of it. Do you have the ability to pull its energy out of thin air and use it again?

Well, that energy did go into Megatron. So.. I dont know

Run-BMC
07-03-2007, 03:04 PM
I fucking loved it. It was everything I was hoping a TRANSFORMERS MOVIE would be.

I know a lot of people were bummed to see Michael Bay was directing, as was I (until I remembered how ecstatic I was when I first heard an artsy director like Ang Lee was going to helm Hulk), but I thought he nailed it, and totally stayed as faithful as could be expected to the source material, which was a story about alien robots which transform into cars and guns and crap.

Fucking Optimus Prime was on the movie screen in a live action movie, in my lifetime. That's some cool shit.

Edit: I had a conversation with someone who'd seen it before me and couldn't get over the plotholes and how unfaithful the movie was to the cartoon. I don't understand that. How she couldn't get over plot or physics issues in the movie, but was totally cool with Megatron turning into a handgun in the cartoon.

Albert
07-03-2007, 03:17 PM
I fucking loved it. It was everything I was hoping a TRANSFORMERS MOVIE would be.

I know a lot of people were bummed to see Michael Bay was directing, as was I (until I remembered how ecstatic I was when I first heard an artsy director like Ang Lee was going to helm Hulk), but I thought he nailed it, and totally stayed as faithful as could be expected to the source material, which was a story about alien robots which transform into cars and guns and crap.

Fucking Optimus Prime was on the movie screen in a live action movie, in my lifetime. That's some cool shit.

Edit: I had a conversation with someone who'd seen it before me and couldn't get over the plotholes and how unfaithful the movie was to the cartoon. I don't understand that. How she couldn't get over plot or physics issues in the movie, but was totally cool with Megatron turning into a handgun in the cartoon.

To me it seems that the movie was pretty faithful to the cartoon. Autobots are good, Decepticons are evil. They don't like each other. Optimus Prime says important-sounding things. Bumblebee is a plucky little dude. Megatron and Starscream don't like each other. Transformers come from Cybertron. They transfrom from robots into things. What more do you need? It's probably one of the most faithful adaptations of its kind! Way more than the live-action He-Man movie!

UltimateFactor
07-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Best Movie Of The Damn Summer. I didn't notice any of the flaws I've read about until I read them, which is damn good, and even now I don't care and will see it at least two more times. I personally think they did almost everything right. They showed just enough about the different characters to have me interested in them care about what happened. A LITTLE more about the hackers towards the end would have been nice, but that's about it. Everything else was freakin' great and it'll be hard to top this movie. Everyone I've talked to had applauses in their theatres including me. Even the humor only seemed forced in a few spots. The voices were great and the banter between Optimus and Megatron was CLASSIC. Five stars.

moonspider
07-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Way more than the live-action He-Man movie!

FRANK LANGELLA!!!!!!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/rheinlandkoenig/MastersoftheUniverse.jpg

cmoney
07-03-2007, 03:26 PM
I have a theory....

I was actually thinking the same thing. They seem to have left themselves a couple different outs, which is to expected.

A.Huerta
07-03-2007, 03:30 PM
To me it seems that the movie was pretty faithful to the cartoon. Autobots are good, Decepticons are evil. They don't like each other. Optimus Prime says important-sounding things. Bumblebee is a plucky little dude. Megatron and Starscream don't like each other. Transformers come from Cybertron. They transfrom from robots into things. What more do you need? It's probably one of the most faithful adaptations of its kind! Way more than the live-action He-Man movie!

The sad thing is the old-school fans are just blinded by their love of G1. They say things like "if Prime isnt a flat-bed Semi, it isnt Prime." Last time I checked a robot named Prime took the form of a Semi. Prime wasnt born a Semi. Prime has a facemask, is blue and red and is the leader of the Autobots; Thats Prime. It's like saying if Ryu doesnt wear a red bandana and a white karate outfit, its not Ryu. When did close make the man?

I have a problem when redeisgns dont work, but if they do work, I just accept it.

Magnum V.I.
07-03-2007, 03:36 PM
The sad thing is the old-school fans are just blinded by their love of G1. They say things like "if Prime isnt a flat-bed Semi, it isnt Prime." Last time I checked a robot named Prime took the form of a Semi. Prime wasnt born a Semi. Prime has a facemask, is blue and red and is the leader of the Autobots; Thats Prime. It's like saying if Ryu doesnt wear a red bandana and a white karate outfit, its not Ryu. When did close make the man?

I have a problem when redeisgns dont work, but if they do work, I just accept it.

Because then it's Ken.

A.Huerta
07-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Because then it's Ken.

Ken is a blonde, white boy. Ryu is japanese with dark-brown hair....:mistrust:

Magnum V.I.
07-03-2007, 03:39 PM

Nah. Clothes make a difference. Unless your Jean Claude Van Guile.

Albert
07-03-2007, 03:40 PM

And Ken's dragon punches sets you on fire!

Magnum V.I.

And Peter North's Donkey punches make you see double!

A.Huerta

That's hot.

moonspider
07-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Nah. Clothes make a difference. Unless your Jean Claude Van Guile.

HADOKEN!!!!

A.Huerta
07-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Soniiiiiiiic Boom!

moonspider
07-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Soniiiiiiiic Boom!

http://www.meristation.com/EPORTAL_IMGS/GENERAL/articulos/Mayo2006-Videojuegosdecine/IMG-cw447acc302778d/sf380pe.jpg

guile wins........

we lose!

Lab-Rat
07-03-2007, 03:48 PM

I'm an old school fan..and I mock the other old school fans who bitch about these things. Then I point out to them that when Generation 2 came out...Prime was a Semi with a nose. He even had a fucking awesome Toy (Laser Optimus Prime..which alot of people consider one the best Optimus Prime toys in existance). As for the lips thing...well...There have been incarnations of Prime in different shows that had lips. I can get over that.

I agree with you completely on this. If a design works...accept it. Who cares if it's not 100% exactly like the original. It's not like Transformers hasn't deviated before with the many different incarnations it's had in both cartoons, comics, and toys.

A.Huerta
07-03-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm an old school fan..and I mock the other old school fans who bitch about these things. Then I point out to them that when Generation 2 came out...Prime was a Semi with a nose. He even had a fucking awesome Toy (Laser Optimus Prime..which alot of people consider one the best Optimus Prime toys in existance). As for the lips thing...well...There have been incarnations of Prime in different shows that had lips. I can get over that.

I agree with you completely on this. If a design works...accept it. Who cares if it's not 100% exactly like the original. It's not like Transformers hasn't deviated before with the many different incarnations it's had in both cartoons, comics, and toys.

Exactly. And I liked Beast Wars. A lot.:)

Albert
07-03-2007, 03:51 PM
That's hot.

It is. By nature of being on fire.

Pat Loika
07-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I have a theory....

That, or he'll re-format using an old pistol that sunk to the ocean depths. Now we have a Megatron that turns into a gun! Fanboys rejoice!

moonspider
07-03-2007, 03:52 PM

see, i like you
im an old g1 fan aswell....and i dont bitch about the designs and whatnot
because like anything that's made from an already exsisting license, certain things will change...

and yer right, current incarnations of the transformers have changed as the new shows/years pass.....it happens

moonspider
07-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Exactly. And I liked Beast Wars. A lot.:)

see i loved it......and yes, i will admit that i actualy liked beast machines

A.Huerta
07-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Oy. They lost me on Beast Machines.

moonspider
07-03-2007, 03:59 PM

hey remember the generation 2 cartoon?
it was G1, but with cgi cutscenes

bartleby
07-03-2007, 04:03 PM

It just seems to me that a lot of people who are saying that are saying it's such an awesome movie are doing so on that basis and that alone.

cmoney
07-03-2007, 04:05 PM

I bowed out of the fandom during Beast Machines, not so much because of the show itself but because everyone seemed to go absolutely batshit insane at the time. I mean, one of the story editors couldn't attend BotCon because there were actually threats made against him. It was pathetic and sucked too much of the fun out of being a part of that community.

A.Huerta
07-03-2007, 04:08 PM
I bowed out of the fandom during Beast Machines, not so much because of the show itself but because everyone seemed to go absolutely batshit insane at the time. I mean, one of the story editors couldn't attend BotCon because there were actually threats made against him. It was pathetic and sucked too much of the fun out of being a part of that community.

Its pretty sad, really. Its one of the reasons why I dont take reviews/opinions of theirs seriously. So as soon as someone says "My childhood has been blah, blah" I stop listening.

BronxRonin
07-03-2007, 04:14 PM
What a fantastic movie!

moonspider
07-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Its pretty sad, really. Its one of the reasons why I dont take reviews/opinions of theirs seriously. So as soon as someone says "My childhood has been blah, blah" I stop listening.

hugged and kissed?

Gecko
07-03-2007, 05:15 PM

Probably one of the more shocking posts on this board ever.

I expected alot of love from you on this film. I went into it expecting less because of Tom DeSanto's constant arguments over the script. I liked what we had, I would have love it even more if they had shaved down the human storyline even more. I felt like everytime the film switched to them, the movie was dumbed down a bit.

I think the FX were brilliant and I'm probably going to see it again.

Gecko
07-03-2007, 05:17 PM

I know what you mean, it's like when people start defending Brett Ratner's horrible contribution to the X-Men Franchise. As if there were any reasonable excuses to defend that.

Anywhoozlebees, it was a good film and I'm surprised actually because I went in with very lowered expectations.

A.Huerta
07-03-2007, 05:50 PM
I know what you mean, it's like when people start defending Brett Ratner's horrible contribution to the X-Men Franchise. As if there were any reasonable excuses to defend that.

Anywhoozlebees, it was a good film and I'm surprised actually because I went in with very lowered expectations.

And it never ends.:-?

BWC Boston
07-03-2007, 06:00 PM
The most clever "homage" HAS to be when Shia wipes the dust off Bumblebee's steering wheel to reveal the Autobot symbol. It was just like the decal's on the action figures you'd have to rub to see which "side" your toy was on! That's fucking brilliant!

moonspider
07-03-2007, 06:04 PM
The most clever "homage" HAS to be when Shia wipes the dust off Bumblebee's steering wheel to reveal the Autobot symbol. It was just like the decal's on the action figures you'd have to rub to see which "side" your toy was on! That's fucking brilliant!

dude, man, that brings back memories

Andrew j
07-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Besides the fact that I got confused during a few of the action sequences I thought it was friggin amazing. Made me think Transformers were interesting which I never thought I would do.

Great mix between funny small moments and huge epic ones.

LeggoMyEggolas
07-03-2007, 07:50 PM
30,000 levels of awesome. Even the "cheese" moments such as the xbox and mountain dew transformers from the power of the cube were entertaining as fuck. Maybe it's just my video-game-addicted ADD, but I was able to follow the action easily.

Modok Gas
07-03-2007, 09:08 PM

So it was really really really close to being great. as is, it was a great set-up with a completely fumbled pay-off

Yay! After reading the first 2 pages of this thread, I finally see a review that I agree with 100%. I saw the movie last week (advance screening) and wrote a mini review that lots of people disagreed with.

Dan McLellan
07-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Yay! After reading the first 2 pages of this thread, I finally see a review that I agree with 100%. I saw the movie last week (advance screening) and wrote a mini review that lots of people disagreed with.

3 out of 5. Barely. Michael Bay saved this movie. I never thought I'd say that but without his dedication to delivering a kickass action movie this shitty script would have bogged down the entire film.

Too many characters, too much babble, not enough Transformers.

Shia's plot was good. Every other human character was shit shit shit.

The robots were good but the decepticons had no personality and got taken down too easily (I'm looking at you Bonecrusher). Also Megatron was poorly handled.

It looked pretty though.

Captain Sensation
07-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Just saw the movie, it was great. I loved it. Enjoyed it much more than i expected as my initial perception was low. Probably the best movie of the summer ive seen so far.

P.S. I think im starting to develop a crush on the leading actress.

Brewtown Andy
07-03-2007, 09:27 PM
To me it seems that the movie was pretty faithful to the cartoon. Autobots are good, Decepticons are evil. They don't like each other. Optimus Prime says important-sounding things. Bumblebee is a plucky little dude. Megatron and Starscream don't like each other. Transformers come from Cybertron. They transfrom from robots into things. What more do you need? It's probably one of the most faithful adaptations of its kind! Way more than the live-action He-Man movie!I wish they could have followed up on that. I loved the "You fail me again, Starscream" line! :D[/nerd]

Albert
07-03-2007, 09:30 PM
I wish they could have followed up on that. I loved the "You fail me again, Starscream" line! :D[/nerd]

Me too. A great bone to throw the fans. Maybe next movie.

Dan McLellan
07-03-2007, 09:31 PM
I hope the next movie completely ignores the fans and just tries to make a better film.

07-03-2007, 09:32 PM
P.S. I think im starting to develop a crush on the leading actress.

How can you NOT, I gotta agree with Naomi from Grace Under Fire-- that girl is GORGEOUS.

HCMarvel
07-03-2007, 09:34 PM

glad to see someone agrees with how I saw things ;)

Modok Gas
07-03-2007, 09:39 PM
glad to see someone agrees with how I saw things ;)

What astounds me is that our opinions are in the minority.

I thought people on this board were fans of good writing...

Dan McLellan
07-03-2007, 09:40 PM

distracted by awesome special effects and a lot of moxy.

i feel that everyone involved really did want to make a cool movie.

the writers were the ones who failed.

was there a reason to have 4 goddamn hacker characters?

Ben

I thought people on this board were fans of good writing...You can still enjoy something despite bad writing.

Pat Loika

Dude. The movie was fun. I didn't watch a Transformers movie looking for good writing, I'm looking for a good time.

No need for you to insult my tastes.

P.

Dan McLellan
07-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Also: Megatron's plan doesn't make sense. He goes to earth just assuming that he will get discovered and studied to make technology that he can then later take over...

dumb dumb dumb. DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Modok Gas
07-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Dude. The movie was fun. I didn't watch a Transformers movie looking for good writing, I'm looking for a good time.

P.

Nothing personal, Pat.

I was actually insulted by other people on this board for my view :sad: .. which is why I was looking for other views like mine.

Dan McLellan
07-03-2007, 09:43 PM

P.

That attitude tells hollywood that the "a good time" and "good writing" are mutually exclusive and perpetuates the Norbits of the world.

Not saying that Transformers was as bad as Norbit or really terrible, but the script was lazy, poorly structured, nonsensical, and too long.

A.Huerta
07-03-2007, 09:44 PM

I have never watched anything Transformer related because of the writing. Never. They have one purpose and thats robots that turn into other things. I'm surprised we gotta movie this good.

Now if u want to talk about well written movies like City of God or Once we were warriors, thats a different story.

Magnum V.I.
07-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Also: Megatron's plan doesn't make sense. He goes to earth just assuming that he will get discovered and studied to make technology that he can then later take over...

dumb dumb dumb. DUMB DUMB DUMB.

What the Fuck? Did you even WATCH the same movie as I did?

Megatron went to earth to retrieve the All Spark. As he approached earth he was caught in it's gravitational pull and FROZEN in ice. Sector Seven Reverse Engineered him. His plan was to use the All Spark to create new life for his war and Army. That's what it does.