PDA

View Full Version : I have an on-camera interview tomorrow for a writing reality TV show.

Michael John Wheeler
07-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Every Labour Day weekend, there is a worldwide writing contest called the 3 Day Novel contest. It's been around for thirty years. The idea is you are required to write a novel in three days with the winner being published. I did it last year, writing a 92 page novella.

BookTV in Canada started a reality show last year where twelve people are filmed while living in a big cahin bookstore for the three day period.

I've been selected as a semi-finalist, so I have an on-camera interview tomorrow to see if I get picked to be on.

The thing I need help with is they want me to bring a "personality revealing prop" to pose with. I'm having such a hard time trying to figure out what to bring. I'm looking for any suggestions as to what I should bring. (Of course it should reflect my personality, which doesn't come across here [I think], but what sort of things do you think they're looking for?)

bradical
07-02-2007, 07:12 PM
bring the chair you most often write in, that you're most comfortable in.

and good luck. sounds very cool.

WillieLee
07-02-2007, 07:24 PM
That's a rather vague request.

Michael John Wheeler
07-02-2007, 07:26 PM
That's a rather vague request.

No kidding. The best I can come up with to pose with is my DS, which doesn't seem like a good choice.

I wish I had a unicycle.

WillieLee
07-02-2007, 07:35 PM
No kidding. The best I can come up with to pose with is my DS, which doesn't seem like a good choice.

I wish I had a unicycle.

Giant rubber dildo? Dead grandmother? Ooh, be edgy and show up with a heroin kit!

WillieLee
07-02-2007, 07:37 PM
I get BookTV so you'll have to keep us informed on what happens.

bradical
07-02-2007, 07:42 PM
i have a book about the history of tv. it's called the history of tv. you're welcome to borrow it.

bradical
07-02-2007, 08:01 PM
scratch that last post. it's actually a medical book, the history of t.b.