PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having MySpace problems tonight?

King of Mars
07-02-2007, 07:04 PM
I mean besides the usual "MySpace sucks ass and should be destroyed" issues. My account has been locked because I've supposedly been "phished" but I can't change my password and unlock it because the verification text that is part of the unblocking process is appearing as a red X. Checked my wife's account and hers is experiencing the same problems. That made me wonder if our problems might be due to some technical issues that MySpace is having. Seems kinda unlikely that both our accounts could have been phished at the same time.

brianquinn
07-02-2007, 07:16 PM
hi, just posted the same question on Oeming's board. same thing here. a friend of mine in Cali too. seems that alot of people are going to have this problem until myspace figures it out.

Brian

Kingsumo
07-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Hm. Nope, sorry, I was able to log in and out just fine. Tried it twice to be sure.

I would image whatever it is, it is likely to be fixed in a few hours though.

Sorry to hear about the issues.

Angeles
07-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Tom posted this bulletin addressing the issue:

"if you got locked for being phished in the last hour, it's a bug! we're working on fixing it right now. sorry about that! the mechanism to detect if your account has been phished has been very powerful for stopping phishing, but it went a little haywire just now. things should be back to normal soon! if you're wondering what phishing is, read my blog :)"

brianquinn
07-02-2007, 07:33 PM
thanks for the info! whew

Brian

WillieLee
07-02-2007, 07:34 PM
thanks for the info! whew

Brian

You better give me your log-in info just in case...and any bank account numbers you have.

~Hernandez~
07-02-2007, 07:37 PM
yeah, I got it too.

JimboX
07-02-2007, 07:53 PM
I just canceled my account. MySpace is kinda lame. I didn't enjoy it.

J Money
07-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah I got the red x too. It should work later.