PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Before Transformers

HeroForHire
07-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah watched it.

Was better than I anticipated and I refuse to say whether its good or bad...because I just saw Robots beating the shit out of each other right in front of me and, quite frankly I'm still in a bit of shock.

The only thing I want to know is this;

There was a trailer before transformers that did not have any name or date...I only remember seeing that it was made by bad robot production.

It starts off at the dude's going away party and comets hit the earth.

From there it was crazy, but no name, date or anything.

I want to know what it was!:-x

Evan the Shaggy
07-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah watched it.

Was better than I anticipated and I refuse to say whether its good or bad...because I just saw Robots beating the shit out of each other right in front of me and, quite frankly I'm still in a bit of shock.

There was a trailer before transformers that did not have any name or date...I only remember seeing that it was made by bad robot production.

Yeah, me and my friends had no idea what that was.

Bill Nolan
07-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I think that got talked about in a different thread a few days ago, but I'm feeling too lazy to search for it...

Brandon Reynolds
07-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Its called Cloverfield.

Evan the Shaggy
07-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Ok so apparently its a monster movie called "Cloverfield"

What the monster is, I havent a clue.

Shawn_Kehoe
07-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah watched it.

So you refuse to say whether the movie was good or bad, yet still demand trailer information from us? Your bargaining posture is highly dubious. :)

(Honestly, I don't know what film that trailer is for.)

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah, J.J. Abrams is producing. Going to be a giant monster movie or something I guess. And Cloverfield may just be a temporary name. Nobody really knows too much about the movie. Could be interesting.

HeroForHire
07-02-2007, 07:04 PM
So you refuse to say whether the movie was good or bad, yet still demand trailer information from us? Your bargaining posture is highly dubious. :)

(Honestly, I don't know what film that trailer is for.)

Well I could say that I thought the movie was good.

The story was sufficient.

The homages they referred to from the 80's were priceless and I felt like I was 6 again.

So, yeah I liked it, but want to watch it again to look at it a bit more deeply and not be all fanboy and shit.

HeroForHire
07-02-2007, 07:05 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/

Untitled J.J. Abrams Project.

Fun, so much detail.

Bill Nolan
07-02-2007, 07:06 PM
OK, I felt guilty about not searching for the other thread...

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=118101

Haborym
07-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Yup, Cloverfield. Directed by the man behind Under Siege 2 and Felicity and written by Drew Goddard of Buffy, Angel and Lost.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33140

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33197

That's what little info I've seen on AICN. Take it as you will knowing that it's info from Harry Knowles.

HeroForHire
07-02-2007, 07:07 PM
OK, I felt guilty about not searching for the other thread...

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=118101

No guilt needed mon frer.

Thanks a million!

Shawn_Kehoe
07-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Well I could say that I thought the movie was good.

The story was sufficient.

The homages they referred to from the 80's were priceless and I felt like I was 6 again.

So, yeah I liked it, but want to watch it again to look at it a bit more deeply and not be all fanboy and shit.

That's cool. I was just looking for an opportunity to use a quote from the last Transformers movie ;)

HeroForHire
07-02-2007, 08:04 PM
That's cool. I was just looking for an opportunity to use a quote from the last Transformers movie ;)

Aye its late and i'm....umm lit...but very funny once i actually looked at it again. :lol:

Bill?
07-02-2007, 08:06 PM
so how is this trailer not online anywhere yet? dammed series of tubes fail me again!

Marcdachamp
07-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Yeah, my friends and I just felt baffled. I was like ''way to kill any positive vibe you were getting, guys". That, my friends, is wasted money.

andrew french
07-02-2007, 09:02 PM
that was a cool trailer

Petey Parker
07-02-2007, 09:07 PM
I wonder if Cloverfield will be the actual final title. Its listed as "Untitled Paramount Film" or something to that effect on our trailer list at work.

Magnum V.I.
07-02-2007, 09:21 PM
The last part of the trailer where the fucking statue of liberty head rolled was awesome.

A.Huerta
07-02-2007, 10:34 PM
I thought it was a preview for Godzilla. Because during the explosions, I swear I heard that roar of his.

Ben
07-02-2007, 10:55 PM
The last part of the trailer where the fucking statue of liberty head rolled was awesome.Those bastards! They blew it up! Etc.

noble
07-03-2007, 02:24 AM
I thought it was a preview for Godzilla. Because during the explosions, I swear I heard that roar of his.

Same here.

The roar, the ground shaking, the fireballs flying through the sky.

It was fucking Godzilla(whether they admit it or not.)

I am excited to learn more about this movie!

justjeffery
07-03-2007, 04:45 AM
Same here.

That's what I said... JJ Abrams + Godzilla = I'd actually pay for a ticket.

HeroForHire
07-03-2007, 05:53 AM
We'll all find out in due time....curse Abrams and his damned mysterious mysteries of strange mystery.

Evan the Shaggy
07-03-2007, 06:00 AM
According to rumors, the whole thing will look as if it were filmed by home video, which would be fucking awesome if pulled off right.

HeroForHire
07-03-2007, 06:33 AM
According to rumors, the whole thing will look as if it were filmed by home video, which would be fucking awesome if pulled off right.

Hmm that'd be interesting...might get annoying only if the camera is too shaky or if the constant movement gives the audience motion sickness.

I would love the innovation in seeing a film done like that (And NOT have it be the blair witch project :scared: )

Rosdower 3.0
07-03-2007, 07:18 AM
I wonder if Cloverfield will be the actual final title. Its listed as "Untitled Paramount Film" or something to that effect on our trailer list at work.

the AICN article says that it does not have a title yet, they are just calling it "Cloverfield" as that is the name of a street somewhere around the Paramount Studios (or something to that effect).

Marcdachamp
07-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Am I the only one that thought Invasion looked great?

Cth
07-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Another keyword to look up is Parasite, apparently it's a giant monster film.

moonspider
07-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Am I the only one that thought Invasion looked great?

has'nt there been like 7 versions of "invasion of the body snatchers" already.......

haloJONES
07-03-2007, 05:15 PM

The last part of the trailer where the fucking statue of liberty head rolled was awesome.

Same here.
my fellings exactly

Gecko
07-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Cloverfield
In Production

Start Date spring 05/10/2007
Wrap Date 06/00/2007
Project AKA Untitled Abrams/Paramount Project
Project Genres Comedy, Drama

Studio Paramount Pictures
Production Company Bad Robot

Matt Reeves Director

Sherryl Clark Executive Producer
Guy Reidel Executive Producer
J.J. Abrams Producer
Bryan Burk Producer

Lab-Rat
07-03-2007, 05:36 PM
When the trailer ended I immeadiatly said "Oh great...the monster from lost escaped the island."

My friends laughed.

Andrew j
07-03-2007, 06:33 PM
It had a date in the preview for next January.

IMDB says it's going to be shot using home video cameras to give a real life point of view.

JJ Abrams seems to love the comfortable party vibe. Used it in MI3 and I think in Alias several times. I like it.

Thought it was a terrorist attack film until the face of the Statue of Liberty lands in the street.

LeggoMyEggolas
07-03-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm calling it now. It's
Destroy All Monsters
or at least, an Americanized version of it.

Skatonic10
07-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Its called Cloverfield.

Its the new movie produced by JJ Abrams. Its pretty much been one of those secret productions that seem to pop up every once in a while. There's some more info on Superherohype and AICN about it. Still not a lot though.

Skatonic10
07-03-2007, 09:14 PM
It had a date in the preview for next January.

IMDB says it's going to be shot using home video cameras to give a real life point of view.

JJ Abrams seems to love the comfortable party vibe. Used it in MI3 and I think in Alias several times. I like it.

Thought it was a terrorist attack film until the face of the Statue of Liberty lands in the street.

Just an FYI: The trailer was shot months before production started. That scene probably isn't even in the movie. Its pretty much there to get the hype machine revved up.

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-03-2007, 09:24 PM
I didn't even really want to see Transformers, but, I will admit, seeing robots beating the shit out of each other is a good thing, but this friggin' preview sounds awesome, and I'd pay the ticket price to see it. Hopefully the movie will actually be as cool as the trailer.

DeepDished2
07-03-2007, 09:47 PM
i thought it was for watchmen.

JeremyDale
07-03-2007, 10:27 PM
i thought it was for watchmen.

Don't do that to me, I almost plotzed.

haloJONES
07-03-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm calling it now. It's
Destroy All Monsters

excellent
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/c/c2/WildStallyns.jpg

LeggoMyEggolas
07-04-2007, 06:17 AM
excellent
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/c/c2/WildStallyns.jpg

Yeah with all the Godzilla talk here and then finally seeing the trailer myself, with the plot being hush-hush, I seriously think that that is what it is. Also, anyone else notice the date? 1-18-08. With Lost not returning until January, how cool is it that this, whatever it ultimately is, is hitting really close to the return of Lost. Not saying there's a Lost connection, just that January's going to be loaded with Bad Robot goodness :cool:

BURKE
07-04-2007, 07:22 AM
Crapy quality, but damn i am excited.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NNxPcgn_Dk

HeroForHire
07-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Crapy quality, but damn i am excited.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NNxPcgn_Dk

And now many here will love you for...5 minutes.

thanks for finding that man, I couldn't....accursed youtube and not being able to search for anything!!

Bah. :surrend:

Garth
07-04-2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah with all the Godzilla talk here and then finally seeing the trailer myself, with the plot being hush-hush, I seriously think that that is what it is. Also, anyone else notice the date? 1-18-08. With Lost not returning until January, how cool is it that this, whatever it ultimately is, is hitting really close to the return of Lost. Not saying there's a Lost connection, just that January's going to be loaded with Bad Robot goodness :cool:

I kinda hope it isn't Godzilla, just cause I would like to see a more original take on things, considering unique way they are filming this. I guess I wouldn't be surprised, but I hope it isn't the case.

haloJONES
07-04-2007, 07:57 PM
here it is

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/cloverfield/video/x2gjax_cloverfield-de-jj-abrams

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/06/29/jj-abrams-top-secret-trailer-for-cloverfield-in-front-of-transformers/

SteveFlack
07-04-2007, 08:03 PM
No untitled movie should ever have a trailer.

Seriously lame.

-Steve!

Scotty
07-04-2007, 08:15 PM
http://www.1-18-08.com/

moonspider
07-04-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm calling it now. It's
Destroy All Monsters

that would sooooooooooo kick ass

that part where the statue of liberty's head lands near a car is odd.....considering the statue of liberty's head is supposed to be bigger

Brandon Reynolds
07-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Man, the trailer is amazing. Very curious to find out out what the movie is actually about.

Its also quite funny in reading all the theories as to what the film is.

So far I have heard:

-A new Godzilla movie
-A Rodan movie
-A Voltron movie
-A movie based in the Lost universe
-A Chrono Trigger movie

Anyone else read any other good ones?

elry
07-04-2007, 10:44 PM
from the look of it im shocked its hitting in jan,isnt that one of the two months out of the year the studios usually dump their crap?

Albert
07-04-2007, 10:51 PM
What I want to know is, why is Rob moving to Japan? Isn't he going to miss his friends?!

Brandon Reynolds
07-04-2007, 11:02 PM
from the look of it im shocked its hitting in jan,isnt that one of the two months out of the year the studios usually dump their crap?

I was also thinking about that and that might lend to the theory that "1-18-08" is the title of the film and not the release date.

noble
07-05-2007, 02:04 AM
I kinda hope it isn't Godzilla, just cause I would like to see a more original take on things, considering unique way they are filming this. I guess I wouldn't be surprised, but I hope it isn't the case.

I'm not saying it's going to actually be godzilla. I was just saying that you've got a giant monster movie with a monster that breathes fire and destroys cities, and a kid talking about japan.

So even if the monster looks nothing like big G, it's still 'Godzilla' if you know what I mean.

Kind of like when Vanilla ice said Ice Ice baby wasn't a direct swipe of Under Pressure ;)

Afny
07-05-2007, 02:30 AM
I'm not saying it's going to actually be godzilla. I was just saying that you've got a giant monster movie with a monster that breathes fire and destroys cities, and a kid talking about japan.

So even if the monster looks nothing like big G, it's still 'Godzilla' if you know what I mean.

Kind of like when Vanilla ice said Ice Ice baby wasn't a direct swipe of Under Pressure ;)

When does the monster breath fire?

noble
07-05-2007, 02:32 AM
When does the monster breath fire?

When the giant fireballs are flying through the city, destroying everything, and then when the red hot statue of liberty head comes flying down the street.

Probably then ;)

Bill?
07-05-2007, 06:00 AM
this trailer was awesome, btw. what a way to build the buzz.

Binx
07-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Fuck JJ Abrams and his teasing mystery!!! He's strung me along with Alias and Lost enough as it is. And now this.

I can't wait!

Ben
07-05-2007, 06:30 AM
I wish I could make up movies where you don't tell anything about it but people still get all excited!

Hey, guys! I have a box! There's something in it.............

Summer 2008

JABSEN
07-05-2007, 06:33 AM
I wish I could make up movies where you don't tell anything about it but people still get all excited!

Summer 2008WHAT'S IN THE BOX??? I MUST KNOW!

Binx
07-05-2007, 06:33 AM

Summer 2008

Is it a MAGIC box?

bartleby
07-05-2007, 07:26 AM
www.1-18-08.com (http://www.1-18-08.com/)

Bill?
07-05-2007, 07:29 AM

Summer 2008

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/choccacino/pix2/seven4.jpg

Ben
07-05-2007, 08:52 AM
WHAT'S IN THE BOX??? I MUST KNOW!I'll give you a hint:

You'll find out on 6/20/08

Ben
07-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Is it a MAGIC box?Maybe. I haven't decided yet.

nihilance
07-05-2007, 09:05 AM
I wonder if the whole 01-18-08 means anything in that the bottom of the numbers is a mirror image of the top? Yeah it's reaching but when they're being so cagey you can never be sure. I haven't seen the trailer yet...does the font of the date give any clue such as supporting the mirror effect?

TV Zombie
07-05-2007, 10:27 AM
OK I have a far-fetched theory which probably is nothing just something I discovered while digging around.

Basically I went into this thought process based on the fact that this is JJ Abrahms project and written by one of the writers of LOST. You figure both these guys know a thing or two about mystery and meaning behind words and numbers right. OK on with the show...

I had two paths which lead me to the following:

path 1 - disect "Cloverfield"
path 2 - disect 1/18/2008 12:36A (the date stamp of the website)

So we have a movie that is being called "Cloverfield". It is said that this is NOT the movies title. I figure there must be some kind of meaning in this.

Long story short I focused on Clover, a national symbol of Ireland. hence the type of movie and the creative team I focused then on irish Mythology...

Mean while I was trying to break down the date/time stamp doing all sorts of google searches.

I finally tried a basic cipher (A=1, B=2, C=3 and so on).

What I ended up with was this:

1 18 20 08 1 2 3 6 A
A R T H A B C F A

So whlie searching through Irish Mythology I had these letters in the back of my mind: "ARTHABCFA"

Now here's where the dots begin to connect but not quite...

There is a Legend of an Irish King, Abhartach, who posses Vampire like abilities. Some speculate this is the charatcer Bram Stoker based him Dracula on. Here is some Wiki info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abhartach

Oh course there's one flaw... My date code has an "F" while the name Abhartach has an extra "H". My first thought was that there might be an alternate spelling out there but I can't find anything.

This might mean absolutely nothing, i just found it very interesting that the date/time stamp spells out this name off by only 1 letter.

nihilance
07-05-2007, 10:36 AM
OK I have a far-fetched theory which probably is nothing just something I discovered while digging around.

Basically I went into this thought process based on the fact that this is JJ Abrahms project and written by one of the writers of LOST. You figure both these guys know a thing or two about mystery and meaning behind words and numbers right. OK on with the show...

So we have a movie that is being called "Cloverfield". It is said that this is NOT the movies title. I figure there must be some kind of meaning in this.

Long story short I focused on Clover, a national symbol of Ireland. hence the type of movie and the creative team I focused then on irish Mythology...

Mean while I was trying to break down the date/time stamp doing all sorts of google searches.

1 18 20 08 1 2 3 6 A
A R T H A B C F A

So whlie searching through Irish Mythology I had these letters in the back of my mind: "ARTHABCFA"

There is a Legend of an Irish King, Abhartach, who posses Vampire like abilities. Some speculate this is the charatcer Bram Stoker based him Dracula on. Here is some Wiki info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abhartach

Oh course there's one flaw... My date code has an "F" while the name Abhartach has an extra "H". My first thought was that there might be an alternate spelling out there but I can't find anything.

This might mean absolutely nothing, i just found it very interesting that the date/time stamp spells out this name off by only 1 letter.

I like your speculation but I think you might be barking up the wrong tree with the Irish stuff. Cloverfield is apparently the name of the street that the studio lot is located at. It's interesting that you actually came up with something using your cypher that almost matched though.

Albert
07-05-2007, 10:39 AM

1 18 20 08 1 2 3 6 A
A R T H A B C F A

I wanna make a movie where you get recruited by the CIA from this post.

HeroForHire
07-05-2007, 11:18 AM

1 18 20 08 1 2 3 6 A
A R T H A B C F A

I love your dedication and applaud your valor.

And I agree, you should be recruited by some top secret gov't agency to decipher all sorts of languages for the betterment of amerikind!! ;-)

ZombieSpeedball
07-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Alright, judging by the trailer, I would have to imagine "Cloverfield" is going to be a combination of War of the Worlds and Planet of the Apes.

ClintP
07-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Alright, judging by the trailer, I would have to imagine "Cloverfield" is going to be a combination of War of the Worlds and Planet of the Apes.

So the monkeys are going to take over shit and then die from our air? I don't think I can stand to see 500 BoBos fall over and die like that... :(

TV Zombie
07-05-2007, 11:43 AM

how do you know that I don't already work for the CIA? :mistrust:

bartleby
07-05-2007, 11:49 AM
www.1-18-08.com (http://www.1-18-08.com/)

I believe the two faces in the pic belong to females, and their mouths are open as if to say, "What the hell is happening right now" or "Did a giant robot really just take a piss on John Turturro?"

:lol:

bartleby
07-05-2007, 06:26 PM
So apparently these are something:

EthanHaaswasright.com
EthanHaaswaswrong.blogspot.com

Yorick Brown
07-05-2007, 06:43 PM
http://digg.com/movies/What_Is_Cloverfield_Cast_and_crew_information_reve aled

A.Huerta
07-05-2007, 06:49 PM
http://www.zonesega.com/covers/megadrive/King%20of%20The%20Monsters%20%5BEUR%5D.jpg

Ryan Elliott
07-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Very cool trailer. Glad it wasn't something like a terrorist attack movie.

Would be VERY cool if it was a Destroy All Monsters american movie.

Ryan Elliott
07-05-2007, 06:57 PM
how do you know that I don't already work for the CIA? :mistrust:

Becuase the CIA mainframe just told me.

thatguyfromsyracuse
07-05-2007, 07:09 PM

I would watch this movie...And Bens movie about The Box...In fact, I think I'll just go right ahead, steal that idea, and make it my own!! Yoink!!:D

haloJONES
07-05-2007, 07:16 PM
maybe its GAMERA

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d2/G325.jpg
http://tinselman.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/gamera_b.jpg

JeremyDale
07-06-2007, 03:39 AM
Maybe I'm just looking too hard, but anyone else see a face here?

http://www.jeremy-dale.com/images/11808pic.jpg

EDIT: Making it clearer...

http://www.jeremy-dale.com/images/11808pic2.jpg

Donal DeLay
07-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Hell, maybe it's Ultraman.

Just as valid as any other suggestion, right? Ultraman fighting a monster, and the statue of liberty gets knocked around a little in the fight.

That trailer is pretty worthless. The only thing it ACTUALLY tells us is that the movie is about something big destroying New York.

JJAbrams may not even be the director. Just looking up random shit online about the movie I've seen 3 different director names, no plot, no title, and nothing to indicate monsters.

Hell, the movie isn't even confirmed to be shot in that style. No one says a trailer has to show scenes from the movie. (The Incredibles?)

Either way, that was a fucking cool trailer, and it also makes for a kickass short film.

Summer 2008

WHAT'S IN THE BOX??? I MUST KNOW!

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/choccacino/pix2/seven4.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVMLivHTXac

dasNdanger
07-06-2007, 11:50 PM
My husband thought it was gonna be Godzilla, since there was mention of the guy going to Japan. No idea though...probably they don't have a name for it yet, but wanted to sell it to Transformers fans. Cloverfield just sounds...boring.

das

dasNdanger
07-07-2007, 12:02 AM
ignore this - computer went goofy

dasNdanger
07-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Watched the trailer again...it's The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, I just know it...

das

MAK15
07-07-2007, 12:13 AM
oh joy!
another giant monster movie!
at least this one will come out in a theater close to me, unlike Host.

bartleby
07-07-2007, 05:38 AM
JJAbrams may not even be the director.

He's not. Matt Reeves is directing from a screenplay by Drew Goddard. Abrams is producing.

HeroForHire
07-07-2007, 06:45 AM
Ok, Syracuse guy, I was trying the puzzle too and couldn't figure out how to input the codes from the second puzzle.

I saw on Bendis! inferior thread that you got to the fourth puzzle.

Can you help me out?

Or keep the thread updated on anything you find out?

costello
07-07-2007, 06:49 AM
It's so obvious it's Akira.

bartleby
07-07-2007, 07:22 AM
Ok, Syracuse guy, I was trying the puzzle too and couldn't figure out how to input the codes from the second puzzle.

I saw on Bendis! inferior thread that you got to the fourth puzzle.

Can you help me out?

Or keep the thread updated on anything you find out?

I posted the instructions for how to solve all five puzzles in one of the other threads.

HeroForHire
07-07-2007, 07:27 AM
I posted the instructions for how to solve all five puzzles in one of the other threads.

Oh good deal man, which thread was it, the Bendis one?

bartleby
07-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Oh good deal man, which thread was it, the Bendis one?

Yeah, starting with this post:

http://606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?p=3284952#post3284952