Roger
07-02-2007, 09:29 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287716,00.html

MAK15
07-02-2007, 09:32 AM
well that's interesting

ClintP
07-02-2007, 09:34 AM
That sucks. A girl at my school had little arms like that when I was in high school. I know this will sound very cruel and tasteless, but I always wondered how she was able to wipe.

Garth
07-02-2007, 09:53 AM
That sucks. A girl at my school had little arms like that when I was in high school. I know this will sound very cruel and tasteless, but I always wondered how she was able to wipe.

That isn't cruel, it is an honest curiosity. Now if you were yelling it at her, "how you gonna wipe?" or something, that is cruel.

ClintP
07-02-2007, 09:55 AM
That isn't cruel, it is an honest curiosity. Now if you were yelling it at her, "how you gonna wipe?" or something, that is cruel.

Some of the kids called her T-Rex... I never had a class with her, but just saw her around. We also had a girl who got called "Trucker Red", because she always wore various truck jackets and was one of the scary looking red head girls.

Don't worry, I my share of cruelness as well. Going to school with mostly white kids is probably the worst thing I have ever had to endure.

Marc Lombardi
07-02-2007, 09:57 AM
"What's the matter with you? . . . You ain't got no arms. ... Let me see your arms," an employee allegedly told Larson with a tone of disgust, withdrawing the bags of food from Larson's outstretched foot, the paper said, citing the lawsuit.

Yeah -- that sounds like a typical McDonald's employee (compared to my experiences there). I can't speak for the rest of the universe, but that's pretty much the attitude and common sense that I've come to expect.

Maybe this lady should have been driving around with this guy?
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/06/29/national/a142039D90.DTL

ClintP
07-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Yeah -- that sounds like a typical McDonald's employee (compared to my experiences there). I can't speak for the rest of the universe, but that's pretty much the attitude and common sense that I've come to expect.

Maybe this lady should have been driving around with this guy?
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/06/29/national/a142039D90.DTL

:rofl:

dasNdanger
07-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Rudeness - It's everywhere. The other night hubby and I went to Dairy Queen...and there this guy was there with a buncha kids. He pushed a couple tables together, and asked for a rag because the tables were dirty and he wanted to clean them. Girl got 'tude with him. Later, he went to the counter to ask about a promotion they had - something about getting a card punched each time they bought something. Again, the girl got this attitude with him, really aggressive, and the guy was soft-spoken and calm. He asked for a manager, and the girl stormed off, and made a phone call. We could hear her complaining about the guy, and we figured she had called the manager. NO! She called her MOTHER! And the assistant manager wasn't really doing anything to help - and neither were waiting on us, so I walked out and bought a bottle of wine next door.

Mr. Das, however...couldn't resist the call of ice cream, and went back and got a cone. For me it was the principle of the thing.

Few years ago I was at K-Mart, with several non-jewelry items. They announced that the jewelry counter was open to take ALL checkout items, including non-jewelry items. I was right there, so I put my stuff down (it was busy, Christmas season)...a long line queued up right behind me. The girl looked at my stuff, and got all huffy, pissing and moaning about it not being 'jewelry items', and that the stuff wasn't 'her department' - so I just gave her a look - didn't say a single word - and walked right out of the store, leaving everything on the counter. You gonna be rude to me - you are not getting my business.

das

Dan McLellan
07-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Rudeness - It's everywhere. The other night hubby and I went to Dairy Queen...and there this guy was there with a buncha kids. He pushed a couple tables together, and asked for a rag because the tables were dirty and he wanted to clean them. Girl got 'tude with him. Later, he went to the counter to ask about a promotion they had - something about getting a card punched each time they bought something. Again, the girl got this attitude with him, really aggressive, and the guy was soft-spoken and calm. He asked for a manager, and the girl stormed off, and made a phone call. We could hear her complaining about the guy, and we figured she had called the manager. NO! She called her MOTHER! And the assistant manager wasn't really doing anything to help - and neither were waiting on us, so I walked out and bought a bottle of wine next door.

Mr. Das, however...couldn't resist the call of ice cream, and went back and got a cone. For me it was the principle of the thing.

Few years ago I was at K-Mart, with several non-jewelry items. They announced that the jewelry counter was open to take ALL checkout items, including non-jewelry items. I was right there, so I put my stuff down (it was busy, Christmas season)...a long line queued up right behind me. The girl looked at my stuff, and got all huffy, pissing and moaning about it not being 'jewelry items', and that the stuff wasn't 'her department' - so I just gave her a look - didn't say a single word - and walked right out of the store, leaving everything on the counter. You gonna be rude to me - you are not getting my business.

das

The best part of this story is that you bought a bottle of wine instead of whatever you were going to get at Dairy Queen.

Scotty
07-02-2007, 10:44 AM
"What's the matter with you? . . . You ain't got no arms. ... Let me see your arms," an employee allegedly told Larson with a tone of disgust, withdrawing the bags of food from Larson's outstretched foot, the paper said, citing the lawsuit.

Wow I wish I could witnessed that.

Greenville 90210
07-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Why is she going to McDonald's so much? She can't cook with her feet?

Greenville 90210
07-02-2007, 10:47 AM

das

And you have regular length arms!

dasNdanger
07-02-2007, 10:49 AM
The best part of this story is that you bought a bottle of wine instead of whatever you were going to get at Dairy Queen.

And it was a GOOD bottle of wine, too. All Mr. Das ended up with that evening was a nasty drippy ol' cone that he threw most of away. He SO should listen to me... :-D

das

Foolish Mortal
07-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Yes, I've seen several stories about people who were born with the defect, but amazingly, they can compensate with the feet and legs. They use their feet to such an extent that their toes became phenomenally dexterous. They can pick up small objects, write, and even drive with their feet with some minor modifications to a car. It's awe-inspiring.

And I hope McDonalds pays through the nose for this.

dasNdanger
And you have regular length arms!

How do YOU know...? ;-)

das

DaGetHighKnight
Jim Abbot the baseball player did pretty good for himself with one baby arm.

Bill Nolan
07-02-2007, 10:51 AM
No shirt - No shoes - No service, dammit. Unless she was swiping her card with flip-flops on or something.

Plus, I swear I saw "No arms" on that sign once or twice at Mickey D's, too...

dasNdanger
07-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Yes, I've seen several stories about people who were born with the defect, but amazingly, they can compensate with the feet and legs. They use their feet to such an extent that their toes became phenomenally dexterous. They can pick up small objects, write, and even drive with their feet with some minor modifications to a car. It's awe-inspiring.

In this case - and if it is all legit - I agree. Usually I'm very much against frivolous lawsuits (like the spilled hot coffee one), but in this case the employees belittled a physically challenged customer, and refused service based on their physical limitations. IMO, there is no difference between someone using their feet to compensate for a lack of hands/arms and a person who uses a service dog to assist them with tasks. IF DOGS ARE ALLOWED to perform tasks for a person, why not a person's own feet?

If it weirds ya out, just keep some antibacterial wipes handy. Hey, it works for Monk (and for me...) .

das

Gunter
07-02-2007, 11:01 AM

das

That sounds really similar to the employees of the Dairy Queen in my hometown...even down to the liquor store being close by.

And the owner of the Dairy Queen in my hometown is an old family friend of mine and I've told her several times that I won't go there anymore because of the lousy service. She doesn't seem to care.

ClintP
07-02-2007, 11:04 AM
That sounds really similar to the employees of the Dairy Queen in my hometown...even down to the liquor store being close by.

And the owner of the Dairy Queen in my hometown is an old family friend of mine and I've told her several times that I won't go there anymore because of the lousy service. She doesn't seem to care.

What town are you in again? Is that the Dairy Queen that looks like a house on the inside because of the nice sheet rock work? Last time we came up to Tulsa we stopped in one that was fairly impressive looking on the inside, yet kind of small.

Gunter
07-02-2007, 11:05 AM
What town are you in again? Is that the Dairy Queen that looks like a house on the inside because of the nice sheet rock work? Last time we came up to Tulsa we stopped in one that was fairly impressive looking on the inside, yet kind of small.

I'm in Okmulgee. And then one in my hometown isn't all that impressive on the inside, but it is rather small.

Marc Lombardi
07-02-2007, 11:06 AM

They should. They sure put their foot in their mouth this time. :)

King Of Fakeposts
07-02-2007, 11:22 AM
She'll win, and then we can thank McDonalds for giving this lady a hand in paying bills in her life.

P.S, I hear she's a big fan of Hemingway.

ClintP
07-02-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm in Okmulgee. And then one in my hometown isn't all that impressive on the inside, but it is rather small.

Hmm... It might have been Okmulgee. I only stop in two towns when I make that drive. It is either there or Atoka.

ClintP
07-02-2007, 11:31 AM
They should. They sure put their foot in their mouth this time. :)

:lol: She needs to team up with that poor girl who had that ordeal go down with Six Flags. She can piggy back on the walker and together they will make the first human mecha!

dasNdanger
07-02-2007, 11:34 AM

Well, I'm in Jersey, which might explain... a LOT. :p

das