PDA

View Full Version : Penn & Tellers BULLSHIT!

Dr. Blasphemy
06-28-2007, 08:51 AM
I just recently discovered this show (thanks Youtube!)
This is one of the BEST shows I have ever seen...
Damn.
Opens my eyes every episode...

Foolish Mortal
06-28-2007, 08:54 AM
I just recently discovered this show (thanks Youtube!)
This is one of the BEST shows I have ever seen...
Damn.
Opens my eyes every episode...
It's good, but much like Michael Moore's films, it has a very slanted opinion on it's subject matter.

Akira
06-28-2007, 08:56 AM
It's good, but much like Michael Moore's films, it has a very slanted opinion on it's subject matter.

True. But unlike Micheal Moore they are pretty upfront about their bias. Don't take it as the be all-end all, just take it as another point of view.

Dr. Blasphemy
06-28-2007, 08:58 AM
I love how they got people to sign a petition banning WATER!
So funny...

changingshades
06-28-2007, 04:24 PM
It's never changed my opinion on anything, but it is very entertaining

Dan McLellan
06-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Don't take anything they say too seriously as their research is shoddy and they don't pick anybody worthwhile to counter their points.

Hate_Prime
06-28-2007, 04:48 PM
I love the episodes about pseudo sciences, alternative medicine, and supernatural baloney. That's when they excel.

Political/sociological stuff... eh. Good but I prefer the other stuff. I wish they actually did more James Randi-type hard-hitting exposes and debunking.

Fake Pat
06-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Don't take anything they say too seriously as their research is shoddy and they don't pick anybody worthwhile to counter their points.

To be fair, there aren't any worthwhile people to counter many of the points they make.

Hate_Prime
06-28-2007, 05:01 PM
To be fair, there aren't any worthwhile people to counter many of the points they make.

Yeah, who better to talk about magnotherapy than a dude who actually produces and sells the medical magnets.

Fake Pat
06-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Yeah, who better to talk about magnotherapy than a dude who actually produces and sells the medical magnets.

Anybody who isn't a complete retard?

Hate_Prime
06-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Anybody who isn't a complete retard?

But that's like having a black guy defend the Klan. Good luck finding one.

Fake Pat
06-28-2007, 05:22 PM

My point exactly.

Magnum V.I.
06-28-2007, 05:28 PM
My point exactly.

http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/i-support-the-clan2.gif

Hate_Prime
06-28-2007, 05:38 PM
http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/i-support-the-clan2.gif

He should call in to the Howard Stern Show.

Akira
06-28-2007, 06:22 PM

I support their right to organize in public and say what they want. I wouldn't be a freedom loving American if I didn't. I part ways with them on their whole "incite murder, maiming, and institutionalized racism" angle.

Dan McLellan
06-28-2007, 06:33 PM

Oh don't get me wrong, I own all their DVDs and some of my best friends are magicians but i KNOW they have been wrong due to shoddy work and will be wrong again.

They are still funny and usually right, I just don't like my brother believing everything they say as gospel. They also assume some things from their libertarian viewpoint that just aren't common shared views, I feel.

Still one of the best shows on TV and remember Penn and Teller would WANT you to be skeptical of them.

Len Snark
06-30-2007, 08:36 PM
I support their right to organize in public and say what they want. I wouldn't be a freedom loving American if I didn't. I part ways with them on their whole "incite murder, maiming, and institutionalized racism" angle.

I was skimming this thread and I thought you were saying that Penn and Teller were inciting murder, maiming, and institutionalized racism. I was pretty upset until I noticed the whole KKK thing....

Skepticism: Thinking Before You Post a Haphazard Response

Akira
06-30-2007, 09:41 PM
I was skimming this thread and I thought you were saying that Penn and Teller were inciting murder, maiming, and institutionalized racism. I was pretty upset until I noticed the whole KKK thing....

Skepticism: Thinking Before You Post a Haphazard Response

Happens to everyone at one time or another :)