PDA

View Full Version : New Ultimates 2 trade!

Patrick King
06-27-2007, 01:11 PM
So I picked this up today and FINALLY read the last arc of the Ultimates, and all I can say is HOLY SHIT!!! That was one of the most epic, spectacular things I've ever read or seen in comics or any other media for that matter. I was cheering, laughing, and totally enjoying it the whole way through. Even if it did take five years to do 26 issues, the Ultimates is going to go down as one of the best comics in a long while. I just hope that Loeb and Mad/McGuinness don't ruin what Millar and Hitch created, they've got one hell of a high bar to reach.

ZombieSpeedball
06-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Eh, the payoff was kinda a rip, but I still loved the comic. Definatly picking it up in HC.

Blane
06-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Waiting on the Hard cover.

Patrick King
06-27-2007, 01:43 PM
I did think the setup for Ultimates 3 (Ultimate Avengers?) was interesting, in that they set up Tony Stark's townhouse becoming Avengers Mansion, the Ultimates going independent from SHIELD, etc... I loved it though.

Jen Grunwald
06-27-2007, 01:46 PM
So I picked this up today and FINALLY read the last arc of the Ultimates, and all I can say is HOLY SHIT!!! That was one of the most epic, spectacular things I've ever read or seen in comics or any other media for that matter. I was cheering, laughing, and totally enjoying it the whole way through. Even if it did take five years to do 26 issues, the Ultimates is going to go down as one of the best comics in a long while. I just hope that Loeb and Mad/McGuinness don't ruin what Millar and Hitch created, they've got one hell of a high bar to reach.

Yeah, and how 'bout that cool gatefold in the TPB, cool, huh? yeah, that's right, we hooked you up!! ;-)

:rogue:

King Of Fakeposts
06-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Jen, stop being so insecure. It was a VERY well made TPB, no need to ask us to compliment it. :-P

Gavin
06-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah, and how 'bout that cool gatefold in the TPB, cool, huh? yeah, that's right, we hooked you up!! ;-)

Pat yourself on the back, and then get back to work on the hardcover. Thanks.

Patrick King
06-27-2007, 02:53 PM

High five on that one, Jen, I when I got to that I saw a couple black pages and thought to myself "aw yeah, here we go."

Donal DeLay
06-27-2007, 03:53 PM

:rogue: Why don't Marvel TPBs have extras in them? Like sketches, an interview, designs, etc.?

The Doctor
06-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Did it have the annuals?

Jen Grunwald
06-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Jen, stop being so insecure. It was a VERY well made TPB, no need to ask us to compliment it. :-P

I always need compliments!!

Pat yourself on the back, and then get back to work on the hardcover. Thanks.

That'll be Beaz...

High five on that one, Jen, I when I got to that I saw a couple black pages and thought to myself "aw yeah, here we go."

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!! THANKS! :)

Why don't Marvel TPBs have extras in them? Like sketches, an interview, designs, etc.?

??? TONS of our TPBs have extras in them!!!!! Including this one! Depending on how much space we have, I try to fill the pages with stuff. There's not always stuff to be had, though...

Did it have the annuals?

No, sorry!

The Doctor
06-27-2007, 04:44 PM
No, sorry!

They'll be in the hardcover though...right?

:Please:

Brandon191
06-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I can't wait for the HC! Jen, will Hitch be doing a brand new cover for the HC?

Thudpucker
06-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Waiting on the Hard cover.

Only way to go.

Len Snark
06-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, Ultimates 2 was awesome. I think it would read better in trade than single issues because of the massive delays....

Akira
06-27-2007, 07:49 PM

last year there was as ultimate annual tpb with USM, UFF, UXM, and Ultimates annuals. I'd imagine they do the same this year

Joe Henderson
06-27-2007, 07:52 PM
last year there was as ultimate annual tpb with USM, UFF, UXM, and Ultimates annuals. I'd imagine they do the same this year

Ultimate FF, X-Men and Spider-man have all included the annuals in the hardcovers. If Ultimates doesn't, that sucks, because I'll have to buy a trade for one story and three I already own. Which means I won't buy it.

Simps
06-27-2007, 07:58 PM
They've already done the second volume, and there's not slated to be any this year. I could see leaving out the second because Millar had nothing to do with it, but the first one should legitimately be included.

Blandy vs Terrorism
06-27-2007, 08:01 PM
I remember reading that the reason the first annual wasn't included in the HC was because Millar didn't want Hitch to have to share the art royalties on it. If that is the case, I'd imagine it'll be the same for the second HC as well.

Joe Henderson
06-27-2007, 08:02 PM
They've already done the second volume, and there's not slated to be any this year. I could see leaving out the second because Millar had nothing to do with it, but the first one should legitimately be included.

The fact that the second story isn't any good is further reason to leave it out.

Mister Mets
06-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Loved the singles.
But I'm waiting for the hardcover to get a better edition of this story.

Agreed, except I like the story a bit more than you do.

Simps
06-27-2007, 08:03 PM
I remember reading that the reason the first annual wasn't included in the HC was because Millar didn't want Hitch to have to share the art royalties on it. If that is the case, I'd imagine it'll be the same for the second HC as well.
That's why it wasn't in the Ultimates 2 Vol. 1 trade, the first Annual wasn't out during the first series. And that's a shitty reason for it not to be included, quite frankly, especially given how the first Annual sets up a few elements that come up in the latter half of Ultimates 2.

King Of Fakeposts
06-27-2007, 10:37 PM
The first Ultimates Annual was essential reading to fully understanding Ultimates 2. The second one, eh, not so much. Huston had his heart in the right place, but it didn't click.

Patrick King
06-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah, they were obviously out of the first annual at my LCS, so I grabbed the second one to put in my box for next week. I'll probably track down the first one online someplace.

Donal DeLay
06-28-2007, 01:26 AM
??? TONS of our TPBs have extras in them!!!!! Including this one! Depending on how much space we have, I try to fill the pages with stuff. There's not always stuff to be had, though...

Cool, so what's in this one?

Sam Little
06-28-2007, 03:01 AM
I'm looking forward to the HC of this one. I was thinking about the whole 8 page spread issue, and I was thinking I'd prefer if they just broke it up into two page spreads in the body of the book and included a double-sized poster of the whole thing folded up in the shrink wrap or something.

Jen Grunwald
06-28-2007, 03:56 AM

I don't think so. Not 100% sure, but Im pretty sure Millar doesn't want them in.

Jen Grunwald
06-28-2007, 03:56 AM
I can't wait for the HC! Jen, will Hitch be doing a brand new cover for the HC?

Don't know, that's Beaz's book.

Jen Grunwald
06-28-2007, 03:58 AM
Cool, so what's in this one?

Some cover and interior pencils.

Jen Grunwald
06-28-2007, 03:59 AM
I'm looking forward to the HC of this one. I was thinking about the whole 8 page spread issue, and I was thinking I'd prefer if they just broke it up into two page spreads in the body of the book and included a double-sized poster of the whole thing folded up in the shrink wrap or something.

Oh, let's not be so realistic! :crazy:

The Doctor
06-28-2007, 04:29 AM
UAll the other Ultimate annuals get thrown in:( I really hope this isn't another New Avenger's Annual incident.

I don't think so. Not 100% sure, but Im pretty sure Millar doesn't want them in.

:cry:

Jerk:( (Millar;))

Sam Little
06-28-2007, 08:15 AM
Oh, let's not be so realistic! :crazy:

I am perturbed, puzzled and perplexed by this response.:-?

I like words that start with P!

Garth
06-28-2007, 08:25 AM
UAll the other Ultimate annuals get thrown in:( I really hope this isn't another New Avenger's Annual incident.

:cry:

Jerk:( (Millar;))

Hmph, wonder why he wouldn't want them included...Why would it make a difference to him?

The Sentient Xbox
06-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Hmph, wonder why he wouldn't want them included...Why would it make a difference to him?

I remember on one of the Bendis podcasts he mention how having other creative teams in the trades screws up the royalties...which is usually why civil war and House of M and stuff don't have content from other creators.

Its kind of a respect for your peers thing, it seems, you let the creators have their own trades, hc, etc. Unless its a group thing to begin with.

The Doctor
06-28-2007, 04:24 PM
To be mean:Please:

I remember on one of the Bendis podcasts he mention how having other creative teams in the trades screws up the royalties...which is usually why civil war and House of M and stuff don't have content from other creators.

Its kind of a respect for your peers thing, it seems, you let the creators have their own trades, hc, etc. Unless its a group thing to begin with.

Ultimate X-men, Ultimate Spidey and Ultimate FF get the annuals in their trades and Hardcovers:(