PDA

View Full Version : ATOMIC ROBO and the Fighting Scientists of Tesladyne!

The Brionic Man
06-25-2007, 11:12 AM
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/atomicrobo/myspace_bulletin_debut.gif (http://www.red5comics.com/?p=60)

You guys are probably a little sick of hearing about it by now, but too bad!

ATOMIC ROBO is the new print comic by Brian "Alphabetical Order Rocks" Clevinger and Scott "Smells Like Bacon" Wegener. It will be one of the debut titles from Red 5 Comics (http://www.red5comics.com). Like the image says, ROBO will be on shelves in October, so you can order it from the July issue of Previews. Not the issue for July, which comes out in a few days, but the issue that comes out in July. Goddammit, Previews.

I know it's a little early to make a post like this, but Red 5 officially announced all this jazz today (http://www.red5comics.com/?p=60), so I figured I'd do my part to pimp the comic to a receptive crowd. That's you jerks!

So, why would you want to buy this comic? Well, first, it's filled with Scott's terrific line work. Second, I don't mean to brag, but we did the impossible. Our main character is a robot, but there is none of that , "Oh, if only I were human -- woe," bullshit or, "Ha ha, kill all humans, this is still so funny," horseshit. And there never will be.

That alone is worth the cover price.

But, because we love you, we also included lots of action, comedy, explosions, giant rampaging ants, clockwork mummies, an evil brain in an evil robot body, and the other stuff we can't give away yet. We also threw in Carl Sagan because he was a wonderful person.

Atomic Robo himself is probably best described as a robotic Indiana Jones. Both characters are scientists, both characters are adventurers, both characters aren't quite as dashing as they think they are, and both characters punched the hell out of Nazis.

I'm no good at sales pitches, but hopefully you're a little more interested in reading ATOMIC ROBO than you were a few minutes ago.

Oh, and one more thing. I'd like to thank Mike again for the great job he did on providing us with our first cover, and thanks to everyone at the Oeming board for stepping up to the Pin Up Art plate. You guys really came through and kind of saved me from financial ruin with that stuff. :D

Okay, so, I open the floor to wild speculation, questions, and other things I can react to so this stays bumped for a while (suckers).

Mary E. Brickthrower, MEB Grim
06-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Congrats to both you and Scott!!!! =) Looking forward to checking this out.

Ziggy
06-25-2007, 11:29 AM
scott wegener is a jerk and so i will NEVER buy this comic!!!

SKAtoons
YAY! Atomic Robo only a few short months away! 'Bout damn time!

SKAtoons
ziggy is awfully mad today, he must know we are all eating french fries...you pinko bastard!

BJLG
06-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Atomic Robo and the Templar Mice versus the evil Doom Toasters and their Buttered-Side-Up Slices of Rage...

nicolas
06-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Scott "Smells Like Bacon" Wegener.....

hahahahahaa...

Congrats guys, Im looking forward to this!!! Where do I get a copy / or where do i order a copy if not in Previews? Can I order it online somewhere...?

GMunny
06-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Can't wait...love the stuff I've seen so far.

Ange-face
06-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Can't wait!!!

Creature Guy
06-25-2007, 02:59 PM
i've officially been pimped to the comic!

Andy Kuhn
06-25-2007, 04:50 PM
i can't wait. this looks like it'll be the coolest!

Scott Wegener
06-26-2007, 06:16 PM
And so the Oeming BB is subjected to its first Clevenger-rant/ramble. See what I put up with everyday?

hahahahahaa...

Congrats guys, Im looking forward to this!!! Where do I get a copy / or where do i order a copy if not in Previews? Can I order it online somewhere...?

You did a pin-up. Just tell me where to mail a copy.

(But Red5 is also going to sell them throught their website I'm told.

The Brionic Man
07-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey, hey kids. Just a reminder that the new Previews came out today and ATOMIC ROBO #1 is in it! We're the Spotlight item for page 334. Our order code is AUG07 3942. Ask for it today and yell at your friends if they don't. They're probably ugly people and buying this comic is the only way to improve their miserable lives!