PDA

View Full Version : I just had my ass kicked nine times till tuesday...

S. Earl
06-23-2007, 07:08 PM
... by the month's worth of books I recieved in my dcbs shipment.

Today is one of those days when you are glad that you invest so much into this medium. Among the books that killed me:

Namor -1
Now did anyone expect this to be good at all? Not me. And I loved it. I can't wait to see Namor kick some ass.

Silent War 5- I hope to read a Frazier Irving book every month until the day I die. That double page, 3 panel spread of Black Bolt's scream decimated landscape had my jaw dropped. I need to see his art on Elephantmen (someone contact Starkings), and I need to buy Gutsville as well.

Black Summer 0 - Ellis does it again - and in only 16 pages or so.

X Men 199 - I may be crazy, but I think Carey is the best X writer the books have had since Morrison. And I love the rotating Bachalo/Ramos art team.

Punisher 48 - Like Ex Machina, this book is so good month in and out that I don't always appreciate it as much as I should. Quality every time.

The New Fantastic Four - This book hasn't been this good in years, and Pelletier's pencils only add to that fact.

I could go on and on. I still have the new DD, Green Lantern, New Avengers, Fear Agent, Uncanny, War Journal, Iron Man, World War Hulk, New Warriors, MS. marvel, Trail of Tears, Illuminati, Omega Flight, Hellboy, Elephantmen and a ton more that I have to read. I might just have to stay in tonight.

Gordon Chumway
06-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Namor -1
Now did anyone expect this to be good at all? Not me. And I loved it. I can't wait to see Namor kick some ass.

Too bad he's a skrull.