PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Playlist Game.

TheKraken
06-10-2007, 01:45 PM
This is a little harder than posting your Party Shuffle, but it might be cool. If you're like me and have a gazillion songs in your iTunes, certain words are bound to pop up a lot. I've taken to making playlists based around them. Here's what you do: Make a new playlist. Type in a basic word in the search bar. Copy any song you want with that word in the title to the playlist. Arrange into a coherent play order (if possible). Post the results.

I'm doing "Love" as an example, both to get the most obvious one out of the way and because the arrangement of the titles in this one is funny...

Never Been In Love - Talib Kweli
I Want To Be Loved - Muddy Waters
Who Do You Love? - Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
You Can Love Her - Anglefish
It's The Falling In Love - Michael Jackson
Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love) - Ella Fitzgerald
Love Me - Timbaland & Magoo
I Love You - Laurel Aitken & The Skatalites
I Love You Too - Rainer Maria
Used To Love U - John Legend
I'm Still In Love With You - Al Green
Nobody Loves You - Garbage
You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk - Splendid
That's How Strong My Love Is - Otis Redding
Love Is The Fall Of Every Man - Shai Hulud
I'm In Love With The Music Biz - Princess Superstar
Love Is A Bull Market - The Nation Of Ulysses
State Of Love And Trust - Pearl Jam
The World Loves Us And Is Our Bitch - Mclusky
Wear Your Love Like Heaven - Sarah McLachlan
Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah (Means I Love You) - Violent Femmes

Anyone want to try it?

Jim.
06-10-2007, 02:03 PM
You know the easier thing to do would have been to make a smart playlist with all the names of the songs containing love and iTunes would have found them for you.

Ashwin Pande
06-10-2007, 02:21 PM

Oh holy god! They covered this song?? Damn I have to hear this!!

TheKraken
06-10-2007, 03:57 PM
You know the easier thing to do would have been to make a smart playlist with all the names of the songs containing love and iTunes would have found them for you.

Well, sure, but I don't want all of 'em... I can pick & choose either way, I guess, but this way only the songs I want end up the playlist. I got 60.21 GB of music, There was like 5 hours and 45 minutes of songs to choose from with the word "love" in the title... :D

TheKraken
06-10-2007, 03:58 PM

Oh holy god! They covered this song?? Damn I have to hear this!!

Came from the Saturday Morning Cartoons' Greatest Hits CD in the mid-90s... lots of weird fun shit on there, and probably cheap as hell at Half.com or Amazon Marketplace...

AAlgar
06-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Kinda reminds me of when I worked at a video store and we did a display of "blue" movies: Blue Velvet, Blues Brothers, My Blue Heaven, etc.