PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever passed blood after a hard night of drinking?

KingMob
05-30-2007, 04:59 AM
A friend of mine has this problem, anyone know if its serious?

Shane W
05-30-2007, 05:01 AM
A friend of mine has this problem, anyone know if its serious?

Good night, if there's anything that ever screams "get me to a doctor" it should be passing blood. Unless by passing, you mean like in football, then you sign him with the Lions.

RebootedCorpse
05-30-2007, 05:02 AM
Uh, yeah. It means you have internal bleeding. It is possible the liver has stopped processing the blood.
Tell him to go to the emergency room.

jza1218
05-30-2007, 05:04 AM
Could be an ulcer

KingMob
05-30-2007, 05:05 AM
Uh, yeah. It means you have internal bleeding. It is possible the liver has stopped processing the blood.
Tell him to go to the emergency room.

Its not constant or anything. :cool:

Could be an ulcer

oh boy

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
05-30-2007, 05:07 AM
Pissing blood is never a good sign of anything...

jza1218
05-30-2007, 05:08 AM

When I hear passing, I usually think it refers to the stool

jza1218
05-30-2007, 05:08 AM
Its not constant or anything. :cool:

oh boy

Excessive drinking can lead to an ulcer in the stomach. Does he drink often?

xyzzy
05-30-2007, 05:12 AM
Could be nothing. Could be very serious. That means go to the doctor.

KingMob
05-30-2007, 05:18 AM

yeah its not pee.

sumopanda
05-30-2007, 05:23 AM
Ok, from experience; Pissing blood can be a sign of multiple things, but the most common can be a bladder or kidney infection. He might even have some slight abdominal pains, and if it's really an infection he could get a fever from it as well and end up in the ER. I have had a couple of kidney infections and this is why I know this bit of useless info :lol: anyways, definitely you need to go to the doctor to get it fixed up. He'll probably prescribe him some antibiotics, and put him on a more strict diet for a while especially concerning what he drinks for the next little while. As you said, it's not constant or anything, so i doubt it's anything super serious, but if he doesn't get that kind of thing treated it can end up being incredibly serious. Anyways, i'm no doctor so this is just what i know from experience. I can't promise that i'm right, but it sounds a lot like it.

KingMob
05-30-2007, 05:39 AM
Ok, from experience; Pissing blood can be a sign of multiple things, but the most common can be a bladder or kidney infection. He might even have some slight abdominal pains, and if it's really an infection he could get a fever from it as well and end up in the ER. I have had a couple of kidney infections and this is why I know this bit of useless info :lol: anyways, definitely you need to go to the doctor to get it fixed up. He'll probably prescribe him some antibiotics, and put him on a more strict diet for a while especially concerning what he drinks for the next little while. As you said, it's not constant or anything, so i doubt it's anything super serious, but if he doesn't get that kind of thing treated it can end up being incredibly serious. Anyways, i'm no doctor so this is just what i know from experience. I can't promise that i'm right, but it sounds a lot like it.

he isnt pissing blood.

McAfee
05-30-2007, 05:41 AM
Sounds like he needs to man the fuck up. It's just a(n internal) flesh wound!

sumopanda
05-30-2007, 05:47 AM
he isnt pissing blood.

Ohhh.... :scared: then i've got nothin'! Why doesn't he just go to the damn doctor instead of hoping internet people can help? We're not doctors, we just like to PLAY doctor.

Shane W
05-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Tell your "friend" to rub some dirt into it and get back into the game/

Matt Jay
05-30-2007, 06:01 AM
yeah its not pee.

Probably just a hemmorrhoid. I do it all the time. All the cool kids do.

KingMob
05-30-2007, 06:16 AM
Tell your "friend" to rub some dirt into it and get back into the game/

The only thing I've had wrong recently is that I blew a blood clot out of my nose that was about the size of a quarter about a month ago.

go figure.

McAfee
05-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Ohhh.... :scared: then i've got nothin'! Why doesn't he just go to the damn doctor instead of hoping internet people can help? We're not doctors, we just like to PLAY doctor.

Also, I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

DrMachine
05-30-2007, 07:18 AM
Yeah...what do you want to know?

KingMob
05-30-2007, 07:20 AM

He doesnt like copays, especially for ER visits. Should he bite the bullet and go or just sit on his hat?

Taki Soma
I've found blood on my knuckles after a hard night of drinking, but I have a suspicious feeling that isn't what you're referring to.

Shane W

Are you still set on not seeing me anymore because of that?

KingMob
05-30-2007, 07:24 AM
I've found blood on my knuckles after a hard night of drinking, but I have a suspicious feeling that isn't what you're referring to.

whos blood was it?

*rimshot*

Taki Soma
05-30-2007, 07:28 AM
whos blood was it?

*rimshot*

my mortal enemies's

DrMachine
05-30-2007, 07:32 AM
whos blood was it?

*rimshot*

I'm pretty sure it was Shane's

Are you still set on not seeing me anymore because of that?

Well, between this and the banana thing there really is no way we can ever be together.

Ben
05-30-2007, 07:44 AM
He doesnt like copays, especially for ER visits. Should he bite the bullet and go or just sit on his hat?He needs to see a doctor NOW! Seriously. If he doesn't like the ER, he should get an emergency appointment with his regular doctor!

Whip
05-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Blood in fecal matter = BAD sign. Tell him to get his ass to a doctor pronto.

Ben
05-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Blood in fecal matter = BAD sign. Tell him to get his ass to a doctor pronto.And his rectum and colon. Don't forget those!

RebootedCorpse
05-30-2007, 08:27 AM
That $10 he saved will come in handy...when he's dead!
Seriously, I've had this happen to me (sans drinking), it's nothing to laugh off.

KingMob
05-30-2007, 08:31 AM
That $10 he saved will come in handy...when he's dead!
Seriously, I've had this happen to me (sans drinking), it's nothing to laugh off.

$10? I think he prefers to see drs outside of the appalachians.

Whip
05-30-2007, 08:39 AM
$10? I think he prefers to see drs outside of the appalachians.

$10 copayment for a doctor's visit is quite normal. x_x

If his health is not as important as how much money he's going to spend/save, then maybe he shouldn't go to a doctor at all?

KingMob
05-30-2007, 08:41 AM
$10 copayment for a doctor's visit is quite normal. x_x

If his health is not as important as how much money he's going to spend/save, then maybe he shouldn't go to a doctor at all?

Well, I'm sure as hell am not looking into his ass!

Jew Mafia
05-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Probably just a hemmorrhoid. I do it all the time. All the cool kids do.

Could be that or a fissure. If the blood was bright red it's most likely one of those two things. If it was darker it probably means something worse.

Matt Jay
05-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Could be that or a fissure. If the blood was bright red it's most likely one of those two things. If it was darker it probably means something worse.
.....I should probably go see a doctor, huh?

KingMob
05-30-2007, 09:00 AM

fissure? like one of those time travel port things?

Whip
05-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Well, I'm sure as hell am not looking into his ass!

That's what friends are for!!! :twisted:

KingMob
05-30-2007, 09:54 AM
That's what friends are for!!! :twisted:

maybe your friends!

Jew Mafia
05-30-2007, 10:00 AM
fissure? like one of those time travel port things?

Yes, just like that.

Except with the aesthetically pleasing name of Anal Fissure.

Jew Mafia
05-30-2007, 10:01 AM
.....I should probably go see a doctor, huh?

Probably not a bad idea.

Matt Jay
05-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Probably not a bad idea.

Will do. In the interest of sharing too much information, I'll keep you people posted.

KingMob
05-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Yes, just like that.

Except with the aesthetically pleasing name of Anal Fissure.

I dont know, if I can transport myself back in time by gazing into a pasty ass I might give it a shot.

RebootedCorpse
05-30-2007, 12:39 PM
I dont know, if I can transport myself back in time by gazing into a pasty ass I might give it a shot.

Let your fingers do the walking.
http://squarezero.org/blogpix/2006/rubber.jpg

Humphrey_Lee
05-30-2007, 01:40 PM
I just woke up from a hard nights drunk, so maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones!!

jza1218
05-30-2007, 01:43 PM
I just woke up from a hard nights drunk, so maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones!!

If you want to be, you can just cheat and stick some razor blades back there

Humphrey_Lee
05-30-2007, 02:08 PM
If you want to be, you can just cheat and stick some razor blades back there

Just like my daddy did to me when I was little! He was very zealotist, and said pooping was from the Devil! We had to be punished whenever we made a bowel movement he said, or else god would look poorly on us!

....... TMI?

kari
05-30-2007, 02:09 PM
stomach pain + blood in stool = ulcer

blood in stool only = Hemorroid or colon cancer (yeah I know, way to narrow it down. :lol:)

....best way to find out....he should see his doc and schedule a colonoscopy.

We diagnosed a 22 year old with rectal cancer just last week. just sayin....

KingMob
05-30-2007, 02:17 PM

blood in stool only = Hemorroid or colon cancer (yeah I know, way to narrow it down. :lol:)

I keep forgetting you are a nurse.

Matt Jay
05-31-2007, 06:49 AM

Um....what if the blood isn't regular? Like, maybe once a month or something. That's probably ok, right?.....hypothetically speaking.

Also, is there alot of suffering involved in colon cancer, or is it just a quick death if left untreated? I could live with that.....hypothetically.

Jew Mafia
05-31-2007, 06:57 AM

Don't forget the fissure, the anal fissure!

KingMob
06-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Well, update time....

He actually passed out on the toilet and his head went thorough the drywall last weekend. I think he went to a doctor, but havent heard how it went yet.

Amos Moses
06-11-2007, 10:37 AM

Jesus. Only 22 and he gets dealt Cancer?

Matt Jay
06-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Well, update time....

He actually passed out on the toilet and his head went thorough the drywall last weekend. I think he went to a doctor, but havent heard how it went yet.

Christ!

KingMob
06-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Christ!

I know!

I dont even have the details on if he woke up or someone heard something and found him or what....

Marc Lombardi
06-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Well, update time....

Wait...what?

Were the two events related or did they happen at different times? Did he pass out on the toilet and have his head go through a wall as a result?

KingMob
06-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Wait...what?

Were the two events related or did they happen at different times? Did he pass out on the toilet and have his head go through a wall as a result?

Yeah, he passed out while on the toilet, took a dive sideways and his head went though the drywall.

Marc Lombardi
06-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Yeah, he passed out while on the toilet, took a dive sideways and his head went though the drywall.

Wow. Sounds pretty messed up. Hope your pal's alright.

KingMob
06-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Wow. Sounds pretty messed up. Hope your pal's alright.

I dont think he was admitted or anything like that, but thanks.

Jim T.
06-11-2007, 10:51 AM
I think I'm on to you and "your friend"....

KingMob
06-11-2007, 10:53 AM
I think I'm on to you and "your friend"....

my head is perfectly fine thank you.

Jew Mafia
06-11-2007, 10:58 AM

That's much worse than a swirley

KingMob
06-11-2007, 11:08 AM
That's much worse than a swirley

I swear if he asks me to go over there and fix his drywall and I see blood I'm not going to be happy.

DrMachine
06-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Did this happen at a comic con?

KingMob
06-12-2007, 04:07 AM
Did this happen at a comic con?

Man, I wish, then I could make a comic out of it!

Jacob Lyon Goddard
06-12-2007, 04:10 AM
tell him to keep his finger out of there!

KingMob
06-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Update!

My friend actually chipped one of his teeth when he passed out on the bowl!

The fucked up thing is, I was actually over there to repair his drywall and I found the piece of the tooth stuck into one of he wall studs. I gave it to him and he put it into an empty glass beer bottle and made it into a rattle.

KingMob
07-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Well, I just called him today to leave a message and to my surprise he answered the phone. He then went on to tell me why he wasnt at work today after he tried to regain what had happened. He lives about an hour away from where he works and apparently about 40 mins into his trip he shit himself to the point where the interior of his car is in dire need of some help.

So, he drove back home and was too tired to clean up so he flopped himself down on the couch until my call woke him up. At the time he had no memory of the loss of his functions. About 3 minutes into my call all I hear is "what the fuck" "what is that" and "oh no"...

So I talked to him until he figured it out and let him go. Should I be concerned or just continue to laugh at him? I'm sure one of these days he will probably die and not be found for a week, but I have the feeling he will outlive me by quite a while.

KingMob
10-26-2007, 11:24 AM
I got a call at 5am this morning, he accidentally set himself on fire and had to be taken to a burn unit.

Having out of control friends is the best.

McAfee
10-26-2007, 11:47 AM
I got a call at 5am this morning, he accidentally set himself on fire and had to be taken to a burn unit.

Christ. Baby Hughie needs to be locked inside a rubber room with rubber toilets.

KingMob
10-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Christ. Baby Hughie needs to be locked inside a rubber room with rubber toilets.

I know! Now I have to drive to a burn unit. I dont want to go to a burn unit! Its like 2.5 hours away. Fucking bastard.

dasNdanger
10-26-2007, 12:11 PM

Oh, come on, now. You're just trying to out-do Todd with the crazy stories, arncha?? ;-)

das

KingMob
10-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Oh, come on, now. You're just trying to out-do Todd with the crazy stories, arncha?? ;-)

das

Do you honestly think I can make this crap up?

dasNdanger
10-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Do you honestly think I can make this crap up?

weeeeelllll...you ARE on a comic book creators' forum.... ;-)

das