PDA

View Full Version : Your Best Break-Up Ever

Dread Pirate Wren
05-13-2005, 02:37 AM
Alright, it's time for the watched to give the watcher a little...ummm...watching?

What was your best, least painful, being broken up with experience.

No sad stories about heart break allowed. I have no use for them. What was the BEST way you've been broken up with? NOT how you broke up with someone.

Mike Haseloff
05-13-2005, 02:38 AM
The ones that never were.

:cry:

Humphrey_Lee
05-13-2005, 02:40 AM
She passed out drunk before I could get her knickers off...... I just kinda left it at that..... yea, I know, I'm a softie like that...

AAlgar
05-13-2005, 02:43 AM
Most of mine, just prior to settling down with Trill, were incredibly rational.

"This isn't working anymore, is it?"
"Nope."
"Okay, so let's break up."
"Sure."

Humphrey_Lee
05-13-2005, 02:43 AM

Hey, hey... you're the one that stood me up.... and I even had on the black undies..... you know what that means right?

Yea, that's right.....

Oh well......

MEN! :mad:

Dread Pirate Wren
05-13-2005, 02:55 AM

Answer my question without sobbing or I'll give you something to cry aboot.

Dread Pirate Wren
05-13-2005, 02:56 AM
Most of mine, just prior to settling down with Trill, were incredibly rational.

"This isn't working anymore, is it?"
"Nope."
"Okay, so let's break up."
"Sure."

See *points* a good example.

Mike Haseloff
05-13-2005, 02:57 AM
Answer my question without sobbing or I'll give you something to cry aboot.I've lived a forced life of solitude, so as not to be distracted from my oath to fight the evils that prey upon my city.

Many sacrifices were made.

Dread Pirate Wren
05-13-2005, 02:59 AM
I've lived a forced life of solitude, so as not to be distracted from my oath to fight the evils that prey upon my city.

Many sacrifices were made.

C'mon man, you aren't fooling anyone, even Batman gets laid sometimes....and pretends to have relationships with women other than Catwoman.

Humphrey_Lee
05-13-2005, 03:03 AM
C'mon man, you aren't fooling anyone, even Batman gets laid sometimes....and pretends to have relationships with women other than Catwoman.

Batman gets laid? The fuck I do!!! This is a hard lifestyle and one that takes a concerted effort to................ oh........ heh....... I just kinda admitted that......

yea........ forget that if you can.....

Mike... back to the cave...... we'll get you out of that wet Robin suit in no time....

Mike Haseloff
05-13-2005, 03:05 AM
C'mon man, you aren't fooling anyone, even Batman gets laid sometimes....and pretends to have relationships with women other than Catwoman.Batman isn't real! :bored:

Humphrey_Lee
05-13-2005, 03:05 AM
Batman isn't real! :bored:

That's not what you said Tuesday night......

Shepherd
05-13-2005, 03:08 AM
Aside from one terribly crushing and emotionally crippling experience, I've never been broken up with. I have, however, broken up with a few lassies along the way. The highlights:

--I once told a girl after fooling around that "this is great, but I don't really like you as a person."
--Similarly, I was once asked by a girl "Do you even like me?" to which I replied no and left her apartment.
--I broke up with a girl once while at a party--one hour from her house. After a very heated break up, I then had to drive her home. That was some shit.

Then, of course, there were the girls that I just never bothered to call again.

Additionally, I have a lot of fun reasons that I've broken up with people (keep in mind, these are the primary reasons for the break-up): because she was a bad kisser, because she played Jewel on her guitar after she woke up at my house (and it woke me up), because she said "score" whenever something good happened, because she told me she was a vegetarian and then ate chicken (I'm not veg-exclusive, it just pissed me off she told me she was but wasn't), and then many, many MANY because "something about this just doesn't feel right."

Damn, I'm a bad breaker-uper. I deserved to get a crushing break-up.

R

Dread Pirate Wren
05-13-2005, 03:18 AM
Batman isn't real! :bored:

He's as real as you want him to be.

Olivier E.
05-13-2005, 03:22 AM
It happened to me as a teenager, that I said yes to girls and 3 minutes later decided that a no was better and went my way. :evil:

SteveZegers
05-13-2005, 03:41 AM
Me and my brother were dating sisters. He's a few years older than me. So she called me on the phone and I explained that I didn't really want to see her any more (She was a little nuts). She starts crying, threatening me, saying all this crazy stuff she's going to do.... So I said "Hang on a second", and put her sister (Who was at my house hanging out with my brother) on the phone, and left.

Never really talked to her after that.

Mike Haseloff
05-13-2005, 04:25 AM
He's as real as you want him to be.... I think I understand now. YOU'RE NOT REAL! NONE OF THIS IS!

THE ENTIRE BENDIS BOARD IS MY DELLUSION!

Dread Pirate Wren
05-13-2005, 04:30 AM
... I think I understand now. YOU'RE NOT REAL! NONE OF THIS IS!

THE ENTIRE BENDIS BOARD IS MY DELLUSION!

Yup. I am Mike's feminine side. Which is probably why you don't understand women.

Mike Haseloff
05-13-2005, 04:34 AM
Yup. I am Mike's feminine side. Which is probably why you don't understand women.I know more of this world than you have even dreamed! That is why I must destroy it!... *ominous music*

http://ultimatecomics.free.fr/xmen/images/aoa/AoA_Apocalypse_02.jpg

Shwicaz
05-13-2005, 04:52 AM
I knew it was over when he tried to spray me in the face with a can of mace as I was exiting the shower.

I held up my towel over my face, and some of the liquid from the can splashed back into his eyes. He lay on the floor, coughing, his eyes closed from the stinging pain, tears running out of them trying to soothe the soreness. Big long trails of mucous coming from his nose, and the coughing.

I looked down at him and kicked him once. "You look so fucking pathetic right now, I am not even going to call the police because it would be an embarassment to me!"

I knew then that it was over for us, but I wasn't sad, and there was no broken heart involved ('cept maybe his), and that is why it is my best break up ever.

Natty P, Scientific Adventurer
05-13-2005, 05:18 AM
Aside from one terribly crushing and emotionally crippling experience, I've never been broken up with. I have, however, broken up with a few lassies along the way. The highlights:

--I once told a girl after fooling around that "this is great, but I don't really like you as a person."
--Similarly, I was once asked by a girl "Do you even like me?" to which I replied no and left her apartment.
--I broke up with a girl once while at a party--one hour from her house. After a very heated break up, I then had to drive her home. That was some shit.

Then, of course, there were the girls that I just never bothered to call again.

Additionally, I have a lot of fun reasons that I've broken up with people (keep in mind, these are the primary reasons for the break-up): because she was a bad kisser, because she played Jewel on her guitar after she woke up at my house (and it woke me up), because she said "score" whenever something good happened, because she told me she was a vegetarian and then ate chicken (I'm not veg-exclusive, it just pissed me off she told me she was but wasn't), and then many, many MANY because "something about this just doesn't feel right."

Damn, I'm a bad breaker-uper. I deserved to get a crushing break-up.

R

You're like the entire cast of Seinfeld rolled up into one person.

joeAR
05-13-2005, 05:41 AM

Batman and Catwoman have not had sex. Bruce knows she's dirty therefore he would never under any circumstances, be with her that way.

joeAR
05-13-2005, 05:42 AM
One of my ex-girlfriends broke up w/ me via instant messenger. The same time she told me she was moving to California in a couple of few for school. At least she told me she was a lesbian(a couple of weeks after this) in person.

Dread Pirate Wren
05-13-2005, 05:47 AM
Batman and Catwoman have not had sex. Bruce knows she's dirty therefore he would never under any circumstances, be with her that way.

I know they haven't. But his only real relationship could be with Catwoman. But it will never happen, because he's crazy. Which is great.

joeAR
05-13-2005, 05:49 AM
I know they haven't. But his only real relationship could be with Catwoman. But it will never happen, because he's crazy. Which is great.

He had a relationship with Sasha, they even did it!?!?

Dread Pirate Wren
05-13-2005, 05:55 AM
He had a relationship with Sasha, they even did it!?!?

So? he's done it with plenty of chicks. I'm talking about a relationship of equals.

Oh dear. I can't believe I'm arguing about this *feels like a super geek*.

Olivier E.
05-13-2005, 05:58 AM

They had sex in a Catwoman story.

joeAR
05-13-2005, 05:59 AM
So? he's done it with plenty of chicks. I'm talking about a relationship of equals.

Oh dear. I can't believe I'm arguing about this *feels like a super geek*.

Sasha was almost his equal. Hell she took on the Blue Beetle in Countdown. Yeah I know, i'm going on like Greg from Malcom in the Middle. *Hangs head in shame*

joeAR
05-13-2005, 05:59 AM
They had sex in a Catwoman story.

:shock: Bruce Bruce Bruce, come on now, she's dirty. He should know better.

Dread Pirate Wren
05-13-2005, 06:01 AM
*looks at feet*

I can't believe I've had this argument before. I'm going to admit defeat. Because while I read a lot of batman, I don't read all of it. And I'm pretty sure we aren't going to convice each other of anything.

joeAR
05-13-2005, 06:03 AM
Did you at least find my story amusing(trying to make up for being a geek)?

Dread Pirate Wren
05-13-2005, 06:07 AM
Did you at least find my story amusing(trying to make up for being a geek)?

*grins and looks at own geeky feet* Yes. But is that the least painful, best handled break-up?

Being messaged a break up sounds harsh.

I can't believe I started the catwoman argument again. *laughs* I think there is something wrong in my genetics.

joeAR
05-13-2005, 06:10 AM
*grins and looks at own geeky feet* Yes. But is that the least painful, best handled break-up?

Being messaged a break up sounds harsh.

I can't believe I started the catwoman argument again. *laughs* I think there is something wrong in my genetics.

She made it funny though. And on top of that a couple of weeks later she told me that she was a lesbian. Then she left for California for school after that. Looking back on it it was rather funny. Even though my manlyness had taken a blow. We laughed about it.

Dread Pirate Wren
05-13-2005, 06:18 AM
She made it funny though. And on top of that a couple of weeks later she told me that she was a lesbian. Then she left for California for school after that. Looking back on it it was rather funny. Even though my manlyness had taken a blow. We laughed about it.

Well that's cool then. Oh the 'I'm a gay/lesbian' *laughs* so strange and a little painful at the time..so funny a few months down the road.

I've never used the messaging systems to break up. I try to suck it up and look the person in the eye when I do it.

joeAR
05-13-2005, 06:19 AM
Well that's cool then. Oh the 'I'm a gay/lesbian' *laughs* so strange and a little painful at the time..so funny a few months down the road.

I've never used the messaging systems to break up. I try to suck it up and look the person in the eye when I do it.

So do I but she decided not to.

TIP
05-13-2005, 06:20 AM
I'm sure if there's ever a break-up in my current relationship (marriage) that it'll be spectacular.

T
(7 years and 4 days of Knotted bliss)

Dread Pirate Wren
05-13-2005, 06:22 AM
So do I but she decided not to.

I'd feel guilty for being a wuss.

Olivier E.
05-13-2005, 06:23 AM

Be glad that she didn't broke via the Bendisboard :p

Artie Pink
05-13-2005, 06:25 AM
In 2001, I was seeing Michelle. All was good, but as people often do - problems were created for no good reason.

I think Michelle was used to being in a relationship where she yelled a lot. Her ex had no job, didn't come home sometimes, etc.

So after a couple months with me, she started ragging on me about not tucking in a chair and little shit like that. If you know me, I'm not gonna get into an arguement like that - I'll just turn up the music and read some comics.

One day, we were making cookies. An assload of cookies. Like 12 dozen. But no big deal - I can stir batter while watching TV. Suddenly, Michelle has a headache and has to go lie down. Still fine. I get to the cookie-frosting phase. And my frosting kicks ass. I wish Michelle were awake to taste it. Then I hear her laugh, so she is awake. I take the frosting for her to try and she loves it! I go back to the cookies, feeling good about myself.

Minutes later, Michelle stomps into the kitchen and slams some red food coloring down on the table and says "I guess I bought this food coloring for NOTHING" and storms out again. I'm thinking "white is a color, we have 144 cookies to frost!" But instead I get up and go to the movies.

From that point on, I'm doing a mental countdown of how much more shit I was gonna take.

Turns out that countdown was only one digit.

Two weeks later, Michelle and I are on a cruise with her parents. Michelle seems empowered by her Mom, and is usually dismissive of me and her Dad when we're all together. She asks me to karaoke with her - "I Got You, Babe", and I say "I'm tired, how about tomorrow?"

Michelle just waves me off "ahhhhh" and turns her back on me to talk to her Mom.

That's it. I stand up and say "fuck it" in front of her parents and everyone else on the first night of the cruise. I go see the captain, get my own Cabin (for free, and it's huge - people break up on cruises all the time, says the Captain). And I spend the next 5 days soaking up the Carribbean sun and surf with slutty girls from all over the country right in front of Michelle and her parents. Everytime I see Michelle, which oddly is pretty often on such a huge ship, she is crying.

Best vacation ever.

mitchymitchymitchy
05-13-2005, 06:28 AM
i was with a girl that i wanted to get out of but didn't know how. she was cool and a good person, but wanted it to be over. she went to new orleans for a weekend and called me on sunday saying she was never coming back cause she knew i wanted to break up with her and this would be easier. it was great.

i once had a first date with a girl and it was going ok, then i found out she dated this big scum bag from my high school. since i didn't want to stir his porridge, i decided to become an asshole. it was so much fun. acting like dick from rules of attraction. she hated me by the end of the night. i was happy.

not really a break up: but meeting a girl in vegas. and looking at her after hanging out all night and saying "so, are we just going to sit in this bar and make out or am i going to be able to fuck you tonight" she looked at me in shocked silence. and then said "why do you want to fuck me?" i said "cause you're the only girl i've talked to tonight, you're cute, we're never going to see each other, and we're in vegas. why wouldn't i want to." unfortunately, i didn't. but she spent the night and "stuff" happened. surprisingly. damn i love alcohol

TIP
05-13-2005, 06:30 AM
In 2001, I was seeing Michelle. All was good, but as people often do - problems were created for no good reason.

I think Michelle was used to being in a relationship where she yelled a lot. Her ex had no job, didn't come home sometimes, etc.

So after a couple months with me, she started ragging on me about not tucking in a chair and little shit like that. If you know me, I'm not gonna get into an arguement like that - I'll just turn up the music and read some comics.

One day, we were making cookies. An assload of cookies. Like 12 dozen. But no big deal - I can stir batter while watching TV. Suddenly, Michelle has a headache and has to go lie down. Still fine. I get to the cookie-frosting phase. And my frosting kicks ass. I wish Michelle were awake to taste it. Then I hear her laugh, so she is awake. I take the frosting for her to try and she loves it! I go back to the cookies, feeling good about myself.

Minutes later, Michelle stomps into the kitchen and slams some red food coloring down on the table and says "I guess I bought this food coloring for NOTHING" and storms out again. I'm thinking "white is a color, we have 144 cookies to frost!" But instead I get up and go to the movies.

From that point on, I'm doing a mental countdown of how much more shit I was gonna take.

Turns out that countdown was only one digit.

Two weeks later, Michelle and I are on a cruise with her parents. Michelle seems empowered by her Mom, and is usually dismissive of me and her Dad when we're all together. She asks me to karaoke with her - "I Got You, Babe", and I say "I'm tired, how about tomorrow?"

Michelle just waves me off "ahhhhh" and turns her back on me to talk to her Mom.

That's it. I stand up and say "fuck it" in front of her parents and everyone else on the first night of the cruise. I go see the captain, get my own Cabin (for free, and it's huge - people break up on cruises all the time, says the Captain). And I spend the next 5 days soaking up the Carribbean sun and surf with slutty girls from all over the country right in front of Michelle and her parents. Everytime I see Michelle, which oddly is pretty often on such a huge ship, she is crying.

Best vacation ever.

I love it.

I'm going to use the food coloring line just for shits and giggles!

T

~Hernandez~
05-13-2005, 06:30 AM
My break-ups are always disasterpieces. So I have nothing. Someone told me its because I give these ladies the good stuff and it drives them outta their minds. As Mulder said "I want to believe."

Artie Pink
05-13-2005, 06:41 AM
I love it.

I'm going to use the food coloring line just for shits and giggles!

T

Ha!

Along those lines, I have all the kids at the Library raggin' on each other for their "stripe-ed" shirts! I also declared that vertical stripes are not eligible for mocking - only horizontal.

Someone's gonna get fired, as now no one dares to wear a horizontal stripe-ed shirt... except unknowing patrons...

TIP
05-13-2005, 06:47 AM
Ha!

Along those lines, I have all the kids at the Library raggin' on each other for their "stripe-ed" shirts! I also declared that vertical stripes are not eligible for mocking - only horizontal.

Someone's gonna get fired, as now no one dares to wear a horizontal stripe-ed shirt... except unknowing patrons...

:lol:

Picking on one's stripe-ed shirt is a good way to get into a brawl with a future Heisman Trophy winner, I tells ya.
:wink:

T
:Punch:

Artie Pink
05-13-2005, 07:40 AM
:lol:

Picking on one's stripe-ed shirt is a good way to get into a brawl with a future Heisman Trophy winner, I tells ya.
:wink:

T
:Punch:

Only you, dude.

I wish Unca Tip would tell us a story every day! What seems normal to you is like the craziest shit I've ever heard! What was that NFL guy's name again?

Agent Desmond
05-13-2005, 07:47 AM
When I'm the one doing the breaking up, those are the best. Better to dump than be dumped

Yano
05-13-2005, 08:05 AM
The only time I've been dumped was in an elevator.

We were on the second floor of the student union in college, and I was going to class. He asked me if he could walk with me and I said sure. We went in the elevator and inside, he said, 'You know, I'm still in love with me ex. You're a great gal, but it's not fair to you.' I said, 'Oh, OK.' By then we were on the first floor, he walked me to my class and that was that. Wasn't a big deal.

Later on, in a drunken stupor, he told me that I was the one 'who got away'.

Yup. Your fault.

Cyrus Cheever
05-13-2005, 08:10 AM
i was attempting a long distasnce relationship with a girl that i'd really fallen for. she had to move about 200 miles away and we were only 16, long story short she eventually cheated on me around Halloween, but i didn't find out until Thanksgiving by my best friend. my then gf and i fought about it and finally a little while later got back together. that Christmas, i spent two weeks with her and her family 200 miles from my own home with no way to get there until after New Years. the whole time i was with her i just couldn't get her cheating out of my mind so i broke up down emotionally one night in her bedroom while she was gone. she came home and i broke up with her. i stayed there for two full days before i could come home (which her mom had to drive me back and was none the wiser). my then gf continued to act like we were together the whole time until i was home. she forced me to choke on her cheating after i had got there so i forced to choke on my presence until i could go home. it was great, but in a bad way.

TIP
05-13-2005, 08:13 AM
Only you, dude.

I wish Unca Tip would tell us a story every day! What seems normal to you is like the craziest shit I've ever heard! What was that NFL guy's name again?

Chris Weinke
Now backup QB with the Carolina Panthers and an absolute girly-man when it comes to a scrap.

T

Cyrus Cheever
05-13-2005, 08:13 AM
the only time a break-up was wholy pleasent for me was when me and this girl were really not vibing together and there was this other guy really wanting to date her that i knew realy well. i told her about him and she told me about this friend of hers that really liked me. when we introduced each other to our friends the friends were dating one another as well. a very awkward moment. we all just kinda shrugged and switched painlessly. we all won out.

HoneyDippinDan
05-13-2005, 11:43 AM
I guess my last break up was the last one, but only by comparision. She was the only one that didn't pull some shit and then act like I was being some kind of asshole for getting pissed about it. This one told me she considered us to be "just friends" and that we should remain "just friends" but just not see eachother anymore. It was a huge cop out, but at least she recognized that I have a right to be upset.

I did get a bit miffed with her because about a week after our non-break-up break-up, she started giving her patented "Why can't I find a decent guy that's willing to be with me?" speech again, right in front of me. At this point, I don't hate her, but I do think she's a fucking idiot that purposely gets herself in shitty situations just to get people to feel sorry for her and she's got her head on backwards, as she seems to shit in people that care about her and she cares about people that shit on her. Last I heard, she was getting married to a guy that's been without a job for better than a year and who's only means of support is the money he gets from his mom and my ex. Apparently, she bitches all the time about the fact that he doesn't have a job and spends all her money, but instead of ditching him like a sane person would, she's plans on marrying him.

Shepherd
05-13-2005, 04:28 PM
You're like the entire cast of Seinfeld rolled up into one person.

Unfortunately, that's sort of true. Imagine all that neurosis in one person.

R

Dread Pirate Wren
05-13-2005, 04:46 PM
the only time a break-up was wholy pleasent for me was when me and this girl were really not vibing together and there was this other guy really wanting to date her that i knew realy well. i told her about him and she told me about this friend of hers that really liked me. when we introduced each other to our friends the friends were dating one another as well. a very awkward moment. we all just kinda shrugged and switched painlessly. we all won out.

I think this is one of the best ones yet.

Blandy vs Terrorism
05-13-2005, 04:53 PM

My ex Karen used MSN to break up with me. It was an hour and a half drive between us, since she lived in the Twin Cities, so I could understand her not wanting one of us to make the drive just for her to break up with me. But I figured since she couldn't at least call me and do it, then she wasn't worth my time after all and moved past it pretty quickly.

Randomus
05-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Well, aside from the one I always talk about, there was a funny one back in grade 11.

I had been dating this girl for about a month, and it was May 24th (if you're a Canuck you know what that means). We had originally had plans for the day, but she called at the last minute and broke them off, claiming she had a family emergency. Of course I offered to go over and help her in whatever way she needed, being the good boyfriend, but she just told me to stay home. So I did.

It was around 1:00 AM. I was on my computer, writing what I'm sure seemed a terribly important story at the time, and I hear a commotion going by outside. This was unusual because back then we lived on an all but deserted street. So I go downstairs and open the door in case it's some punk kids trying to egg the house.

Well, it wasn't. It was a convertible racing by, with an acquaintance of mine driving and two of my school's basketball players in the back (basketball was as important at my school as football is in the states). Sandwiched between the two of them, half-naked and pawing at their barely-contained bulges, was my then-girlfriend. She didn't notice me.

Family emergency, indeed. I broke up with her the next day.

Olivier E.
05-13-2005, 05:06 PM
And you believed that excuse at first? :no:

Randomus
05-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Yes, I was a fool to believe my girlfriend. I know this now. Never trust women!

jordan michael
05-13-2005, 05:08 PM
i went out with a girl named "alyssa", but i kept calling her "allison". so i finally just wrote her name on my hand, so i'd remember it. i wrote the wrong name on my hand. so when talking to her, not only did i have to look at my hand first, but i looked at my hand and then called her "alexis".

Howlett
05-13-2005, 05:11 PM
I went out with a girl for a while and we just decided that we were better friends. Funnily enough, we ended up much closer (friend wise) after it. She evn tried to set me up with her sister a few months later which I laughed about at the time but now, that just seems kinda wrong :?

Cathy
05-13-2005, 06:51 PM
well baby no more break ups for either of us ever again :)

GoddessOKay
05-13-2005, 06:59 PM
i dumped an abusive jerkoff who was possesive and asked for all the stuff he gave me in a "undeniably loving fashion" by dividing everything literally in 1/2.
then i wrote the dumb shit a long ass letter using incredibly large word describing why i did all of this and dumpd him, cuz he still couldn't figure it out.
i heard he had to bring the letter to he library to find an unabridged dictionary.
then, 2 weeks later the ass was feeling so "betrayed" because i dumped him (yeah, after a year of abuse) he went and got a bj from a dude hooker.
hasn't had a normal relationship since. serves him right!
feel sorry, for his dates though.

Jibberwashed
05-13-2005, 07:01 PM
I'm such a sucker for these threads. The last things I said to my only significant high school girlfriend at the end of our relationship was, "leave me alone, and don't ever speak to me again!" We didn't speak for months, but we were in all the honor bands together (she played tenor, and I played alto sax), so we eventually had to see each other again. We've remained friends over the past 6 years or so, and last week we went out for some drinks. It was just the two of us, and I had to excuse myself to talk to some guys in the band, so I asked if she'd be ok if I left her for about 3 minutes. She replied: "NOOOO! Leave me alone, and don't ever speak to me again!" We both had a good laugh.

Blandy vs Terrorism
05-13-2005, 07:11 PM

w00t!

I'm such a dork.

jordan michael
05-13-2005, 07:28 PM

if certain people don't stop being so cute and reminding me how lonely i am, i will be forced to eat someone's pet.