PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore Girls Fans... I Have Seen The Future And It Is Good...

BENDIS!
05-25-2007, 08:22 PM
amy pallandino's new pilot with parker posey THE RETURN OF JAZEBELLE JAMES is very good.

the only, ONLY, downside is the laughtrack that is completely unneeded. like when sport's night had it for a few episodes. i believe that this will be gone on jezebelle.

as hoped the only person who can do the dialogue as good as lauren graham is parker posey.

on THE OTHER HAND, HUGH JACKMAN'S MUSICAL PILOT IS A DISASTER!!

WillieLee
05-25-2007, 08:24 PM
The best use of a laughtrack was LIFE ON A STICK. It never stopped for the entire show.

Simps
05-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Yay, although sad to hear we won't be getting it until midseason.

Simps
05-25-2007, 08:25 PM
The best use of a laughtrack was LIFE ON A STICK. It never stopped for the entire show.
I can't believe anyone still remembers the name of that show.

Matt O'Keefe
05-25-2007, 08:28 PM
:rock:

Best news for uss GG fans would be a movie to really wrap it up, although they did good with the time they had left.......

What was Hugh Jackman's musical?

Kirblar
05-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Viva Laughlin!

It's awful.

Jerome Gibbons
05-25-2007, 08:32 PM

Was that show purposefully awful or something?

LordKinbote
05-25-2007, 08:32 PM

Wrong. The best use of a laugh track was for the Nickelodeon show "My Brother and Me".

WillieLee
05-25-2007, 08:33 PM

I will never forget that violation of my soul.

Hock
05-25-2007, 08:51 PM
:rock:

Best news for uss GG fans would be a movie to really wrap it up, although they did good with the time they had left.......

What was Hugh Jackman's musical?

I actually saw today the she would like to do a 4 hour madefor TV movie in a couple years. What I read said that she had an ending in mind for the series and would like to do it. I'll try it.

bartleby
05-25-2007, 08:54 PM
I had read some less than positive stuff about the actual filmed pilot from someone that loved the script. In addition to the distracting laugh track, he complained the costumes were terrible, that Parker Posey completely overacted, and that they weren't at all convincing as sisters.

Run-BMC
05-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Man, fuck the Gilmore Girls.

Is there an antonym for misogynistic? That's how I'd describe the Gilmore Girls.

I'll give the show a chance because I did like the first two and a half seasons of Gilmore Girls, but once the plot started to overshadow the dialogue and the characters (in a broad sense), I wanted to run over Discs 4-5 of Season 3 with my chair.

Jerome Gibbons
05-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Is there an antonym for misogynistic? That's how I'd describe the Gilmore Girls.

As in, "loves women too much"?

Hock
05-25-2007, 09:04 PM
NEW YORK (AP) - The creator of "Gilmore Girls" always planned to end the show with four words, which she has never identified, but she left the series before it was cancelled and the four words were never used.

There's still a chance they could be. Amy Sherman-Palladino tells TV Guide Online she'd like to make a Gilmore Girls TV movie in a year or two, so she can wrap up all the loose ends from the series and conclude with those four mysterious words.

Lauren Graham says she'd do the movie "just to get the four final words out of Amy. They torture me."

So at least Palladino and Graham are interested.

Hock
05-25-2007, 09:05 PM
As in, "loves women too much"?

I think he means Hatred of men. I think the word is feminism. :p

Jerome Gibbons
05-25-2007, 09:07 PM
I think he means Hatred of men. I think the word is feminism. :p

In that case, hatred of men is misandry.

Shannon Chenoweth
05-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Cool, I'm definitely going to check this out. :)

And, really? Viva is horrible? I love Hugh Jackman (not that anyone knew that :p), so I was anxious for it.

Ray G.
05-26-2007, 05:53 PM
The concept of Gilmore Girls intrigued me. The concept of this show makes me want to run screaming in the other direction. I doubt the best dialogue in the world will make up for that.

MIKE D
05-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Amy Palladino + Parker Posey = Me having to Tivo this for the wife.

Matt O'Keefe
05-26-2007, 06:19 PM
I actually saw today the she would like to do a 4 hour madefor TV movie in a couple years. What I read said that she had an ending in mind for the series and would like to do it. I'll try it.

So at least Palladino and Graham are interested.

Well, Graham was always up for more Gilmore Girls. The big concern is Alexis Bledel.

The concept of Gilmore Girls intrigued me. The concept of this show makes me want to run screaming in the other direction. I doubt the best dialogue in the world will make up for that.

What's the concept? I don't remember reading it.

JHickman
05-26-2007, 06:22 PM
amy pallandino's new pilot with parker posey THE RETURN OF JAZEBELLE JAMES is very good.

the only, ONLY, downside is the laughtrack that is completely unneeded. like when sport's night had it for a few episodes. i believe that this will be gone on jezebelle.

as hoped the only person who can do the dialogue as good as lauren graham is parker posey.

Have you gotten a peek at HBO's 12 miles of bad road yet? Or read the script?

WinterRose
05-26-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm gonna miss Paris Gellar the most. I'd always secretly hoped that she and Rory would get together and live happily ever after, and to hell with all the doofy boys in Rory's life. Along with a spin-off series for Paris. THAT would have been a bright future indeed.

Travis M. Bierwagen
05-26-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm gonna miss Paris Gellar the most. I'd always secretly hoped that she and Rory would get together and live happily ever after, and to hell with all the doofy boys in Rory's life. Along with a spin-off series for Paris. THAT would have been a bright future indeed.

I would love to see a "Paris as a doctor" spin-off in a couple of years. :)

As for the THE RETURN OF JEZEBELLE JAMES... I liked what I've seen of it so far. I'm also disappointed that we have to wait til mid-season to see it. Of course that might change if FOX cancels something earlier than planned.

I have seen the FOX and ABC upfront presentations in their entirety.

The only thing I really found questionable on ABC's lineup was CAVEMEN.

On the other hand FOX has a real, real bad selection of crap.

Today I got to see the pilots for: BACK TO YOU, K-VILLE and NEW AMSTERDAM.

BACK TO YOU was pretty funny, those of you who hate laugh tracks may want to avoid it however. Kelsey Grammer is working with the same group of producers that he had on his previous show so it all felt very Fras... er, uh familiar.

K-VILLE was a surprise. I kinda didn't want to like it. But they threw in a couple of twists that I didn't see coming. It may be a little too depressing to watch every week though.

NEW AMSTERDAM was like Highlander without the really cool sword fights. Quite honestly I was bored and found it very hard to stay interested in this show.

Ray G.
05-26-2007, 07:50 PM
What's the concept? I don't remember reading it.

A career woman who's biological clock is ticking finds out she can't carry a child, so she recruits her freewheeling black-sheep younger sister to be a surrogate for her. Wacky hijinks ensue.

alexia
05-26-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm really excited. Amy Pallandino and Parker Posey will make a great team!

TheTravis!
05-26-2007, 11:22 PM

Gilmore Girls slash fiction. A brand new low.

Ray G.
05-27-2007, 05:18 AM
Gilmore Girls slash fiction. A brand new low.

Oh, it's hardly brand-new.

Matt O'Keefe
05-27-2007, 07:12 AM
A career woman who's biological clock is ticking finds out she can't carry a child, so she recruits her freewheeling black-sheep younger sister to be a surrogate for her. Wacky hijinks ensue.

:mistrust:

I say in most cases they should just keep it simple.....

Jen Grunwald
05-27-2007, 11:24 AM

If it doesn't have Rory and Lorelai, I don't give a shit!

;-)

:rogue:

bartleby
05-27-2007, 11:26 AM
If it doesn't have Rory and Lorelai, I don't give a shit!

;-)

I feel that way about all television shows and movies.

:scared: