PDA

View Full Version : O&A Going Bye Bye in NYC???

Jim T.
05-24-2007, 08:14 AM
How much longer can they really hang on there? Shame about Ron & Fez...glad to see Mainelli continue to lose...

From today's AllAccess.com:

Free FM/N.Y. Out, K-Rock Returning

Goodbye
As ALL ACCESS was the first to confirm, CBS RADIO FM Talk WFNY-F (92.3 FREE FM)/NEW YORK has dropped its embattled Talk format and is stunting with a montage of NEW YORK-themed clips punctuated by the phrase "today at 5" excerpted from a TV news promo.

And ALL ACCESS hears that the format will be a return to the Rock format and "92.3 K-ROCK" slogan dropped by the station when it flipped to Talk in JANUARY 2006. CBS VP and KROQ/L.A. programmer KEVIN WEATHERLY is in town consulting the flip, which ALL ACCESS hears will lean heavily towards 90's rock with some currents and 80's in the mix. OPIE AND ANTHONY will remain in mornings, but PD JOHN MAINELLI and the weekday airstaff, including NICK DIPAOLO, LESLIE GOLD, and RON AND FEZ are out and the new airstaff won't start until TUESDAY at the earliest.

MAINELLI is returning to his consulting business- reach the veteran programmer, who previously programmed WABC-A and WOR-A/NEW YORK, at johnmainelli@msn.com.

The flip occurred after OPIE AND ANTHONY's show THURSDAY at 9a. The hosts noted that they had been told to attend a meeting with GM TOM CHIUSANO immediately after their show. And the station's Web site is carrying a countdown clock aimed at 5p ET.

Jef UK
05-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Nooooooooo!

I mean, I don't even think I'd even really know who they were if it weren't for this board. I hate their ads and talk show appearances, which is my only other exposure to them. They seem like ass-hats to me.

ds9
05-24-2007, 08:16 AM
wont miss them at all

WillieLee
Now Nick is someone that can replace Artie.

PeterSparker
I hope they kick of the music format with a David Lee Roth song!

Flonk
05-24-2007, 08:23 AM
That explain's part of Ron's almost meltdown on XM yesterday. :(

ds9
05-24-2007, 08:34 AM
link?

Whip
05-24-2007, 08:43 AM
I hope they kick of the music format with a David Lee Roth song!

:lol:

Nice.

Man, I remember being so excited about his radio show... I'll take Alice Cooper over him any day...

KingMob
05-24-2007, 08:43 AM

I'm really hoping this whole ron and fez situation with everything thats going on doesnt come crashing down.

oh yeah and fuck earl.

Flonk
05-24-2007, 08:48 AM
link?

It's a radio show. There's not much links out there.

Flonk
05-24-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm really hoping this whole ron and fez situation with everything thats going on doesnt come crashing down.

oh yeah and fuck earl.

O&A are suspended. Fez is on his deathbed. 202 has become the Ron Bennington channel. And XM management is too busy planning a wedding to help him out.

Simps
05-24-2007, 08:51 AM
O&A are suspended. Fez is on his deathbed. 202 has become the Ron Bennington channel. And XM management is too busy planning a wedding to help him out.
Is Dave REALLY going to get married?

KingMob
05-24-2007, 08:52 AM

I think the pal talk cams are the only thing keeping him going.

ds9
05-24-2007, 08:54 AM
It's a radio show. There's not much links out there.Do they podcast?

Simps
05-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Do they podcast?
No...not yet at least.

Flonk
05-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Do they podcast?

Their Free FM show did. But that's a moot point now.

BENDIS!
05-24-2007, 10:05 AM
who was it last week that said this would happen? who was that? hmmm...

oh yeah. me!! :)

you owe me money simpson.

countdown to bambino meltdown 321...

KingMob
05-24-2007, 10:08 AM

you said last week that O&A would still be on FreeFM and that everyone else would be dumped?

cool!

Jim T.
05-24-2007, 10:12 AM
you said last week that O&A would still be on FreeFM and that everyone else would be dumped?

cool!

Hoo hoo! I invented surviving format changes! Tell 'em Fred! :)

BENDIS!
05-24-2007, 10:14 AM
its over!!!

KingMob
05-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Hoo hoo! I invented surviving format changes! Tell 'em Fred! :)

EEEEeeeeeEEEEEEE EEEeeeeeeeeEE heeeeeeey!

Simps
05-24-2007, 10:22 AM
its over!!!
It is sort of sad to see you cheering for this, especially since you used to listen to them (hell you even mentioned them in Daredevil). Not liking them is one thing, but to be excited that companies are buckling to pressure like this isn't good for anyone. The notion that they're Howard clones is about 5 years to late to still be funny to even Howard himself, and nothing they've done warrants them being pulled off the air, especially on satellite. And the idea that other people are getting fired for a bit rerun from months ago is truly disturbing. Society, and special interest groups specifically, is getting faaaaaaarrr too entitled lately, If you don't like something, don't listen to/watch/read it. No need to mount campaigns, rally troops, and ruin it for everyone else, just don't listen.

Jesus, this is why I stopped bothering to read these threads.

KingMob
05-24-2007, 10:30 AM
It is sort of sad to see you cheering for this, especially since you used to listen to them (hell you even mentioned them in Daredevil). Not liking them is one thing, but to be excited that companies are buckling to pressure like this isn't good for anyone. The notion that they're Howard clones is about 5 years to late to still be funny to even Howard himself, and nothing they've done warrants them being pulled off the air, especially on satellite. And the idea that other people are getting fired for a bit rerun from months ago is truly disturbing. Society, and special interest groups specifically, is getting faaaaaaarrr too entitled lately, If you don't like something, don't listen to/watch/read it. No need to mount campaigns, rally troops, and ruin it for everyone else, just don't listen.

Jesus, this is why I stopped bothering to read these threads.

well, yeah but did you hear that Fred actually spoke today?

BENDIS!
05-24-2007, 10:32 AM
oh stop it!!

first, i am not wishing them ill, you guys were so sure they were the next stern and i told you they were self destructive and dishonest with fans and it would not work out for them.

i did listen to them a few years back so i know that the only reason they are failing, AGAIN, is because of them, not because of SOCIETY!!!

and if this was stern you're BOYS would be doing cartwheels not publicly begging him for help.

Simps
05-24-2007, 10:39 AM
oh stop it!!

first, i am not wishing them ill, you guys were so sure they were the next stern and i told you they were self destructive and dishonest with fans and it would not work out for them.

i did listen to them a few years back so i know that the only reason they are failing, AGAIN, is because of them, not because of SOCIETY!!!
Yeah, I've been saying they're their own worst enemy for years, and that they should shut the fuck up about what they're doing and what everyone else is doing, and just put on the good show they're capable of, but you cannot argue that society hasn't changed in the past 5 years. The fact that bits can't be replayed anymore is proof of that. And that Stern is anymore honest with his audience is laughable.

and if this was stern you're BOYS would be doing cartwheels not publicly begging him for help.While one could say that's because they've got a legitimate beef with Stern, and I wouldn't blame Stern for laughing at them either, as he did with Sex for Sam five years ago. But I was just as annoyed when Clear Channel dropped Stern in 2004, and it was under almost the same exact circumstances (a GUEST said something inappropriate, but the HOST paid the price), the difference now being they're on an uncensored channel that can be blocked out on a pay service. Obviously it's the company's prerogative, but that's still weak.

ERNIE_E
05-24-2007, 10:41 AM
How much longer can they really hang on there? Shame about Ron & Fez...glad to see Mainelli continue to lose...

From today's AllAccess.com:

To quote Tyra Banks....

SO WHAT!:nodidnt:

Oh well, I guess the Virus wasn't that contagious after all.

Flonk
05-24-2007, 10:43 AM
and if this was stern you're BOYS would be doing cartwheels not publicly begging him for help.

If special interest groups were sabotaging Howards carrer, O&A might be happy about it, but I wouldn't. Especaily if I worked in a creative field like you do.

BENDIS!
05-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I've been saying they're their own worst enemy for years, and that they should shut the fuck up about what they're doing and what everyone else is doing, and just put on the good show they're capable of, but you cannot argue that society hasn't changed in the past 5 years. The fact that bits can't be replayed anymore is proof of that. And that Stern is anymore honest with his audience is laughable.

While one could say that's because they've got a legitimate beef with Stern, and I wouldn't blame Stern for laughing at them either, as he did with Sex for Sam five years ago. But I was just as annoyed when Clear Channel dropped Stern in 2004, and it was under almost the same exact circumstances (a GUEST said something inappropriate, but the HOST paid the price), the difference now being they're on an uncensored channel that can be blocked out on a pay service. Obviously it's the company's prerogative, but that's still weak.

i agree, you should switch to sirius!

BENDIS!
05-24-2007, 10:46 AM
If special interest groups were sabotaging Howards carrer, O&A might be happy about it, but I wouldn't. Especaily if I worked in a creative field like you do.

i do work in a creative field and i know how to be creative and express myself without fear of implosion. o and a do not.

Simps
05-24-2007, 10:46 AM
But I like Flight 26!

BENDIS!
05-24-2007, 10:47 AM
But I like Flight 26!

which one is that?

Simps
05-24-2007, 10:47 AM
i do work in a creative field and i know how to be creative and express myself without fear of implosion. o and a do not.
That doesn't change the fact that more restrictions are never good.

Simps
05-24-2007, 10:48 AM
which one is that?
The one that plays late 90s/early 00s music. The same shit you'd hear on any KISS station 5 years ago. :Oops:

Jim T.
05-24-2007, 10:49 AM

The genius of O&A is that they can convince people that bad things are everyone else's fault but their own. There's no special interest groups going after them, there's no government crackdown, there's no conspiracy. They fucked up. They didn't do what their boss said to do. They let their fans down and then they let the nonsense escalate rather than step up and admit they fucked up. Had they done that, no one would be dropping XM subscriptions, howling about censorship or blaming Howie. It really is genius.

Bill?
05-24-2007, 10:50 AM

that has gone on. stern has been thrown off of stations and fined more than pretty much anybody else. but he survived.
hell, thats pretty much why he moves to Sirius. he was talking about throwing in the towel before that offer happened.

BENDIS!
05-24-2007, 10:53 AM
That doesn't change the fact that more restrictions are never good.

i agree but to me they are excuses for creativity.

BENDIS!
05-24-2007, 10:54 AM
The one that plays late 90s/early 00s music. The same shit you'd hear on any KISS station 5 years ago. :Oops:

i'm going to have to ask you to leave :)

Jonny Z
05-24-2007, 10:55 AM

sounds just like sirius 9 the pulse

not that i would know anything about that station...

Flonk
05-24-2007, 10:55 AM
The genius of O&A is that they can convince people that bad things are everyone else's fault but their own. There's no special interest groups going after them, there's no government crackdown, there's no conspiracy. They fucked up. They didn't do what their boss said to do. They let their fans down and then they let the nonsense escalate rather than step up and admit they fucked up. Had they done that, no one would be dropping XM subscriptions, howling about censorship or blaming Howie. It really is genius.

3 radio shows fired/suspended in a month, and the special interest group thing is made up. And they're the delusional ones?

Jim T.
05-24-2007, 10:57 AM
3 radio shows fired/suspended in a month, and the special interest group thing is madeup. And they're the delusional ones?

See? You've bought into it. Genius. :)

Doug
05-24-2007, 11:02 AM
It's all Earl's fault. If he had just managed to take better care of Fez then none of this would have happened.

Unless it is all part of Ron's master plan for 202 to be all Ron Bennington all the time. 202 will no longer be The Virus, but RonnyB.

Simps
05-24-2007, 11:03 AM
i'm going to have to ask you to leave :)

sounds just like sirius 9 the pulse

not that i would know anything about that station...

If it's something a 14 year-old-girl listened to in 2001, I'm there! :)

Simps
05-24-2007, 11:03 AM
It's all Earl's fault. If he had just managed to take better care of Fez then none of this would have happened.

Unless it is all part of Ron's master plan for 202 to be all Ron Bennington all the time. 202 will no longer be The Virus, but RonnyB.
Will it become Ron and ESD? Even though that's basically what the show is now, from what I've listened to.

DrMachine
05-24-2007, 11:09 AM

Yup...I didn't really get why he was so upset...now I do.

DrMachine
05-24-2007, 11:10 AM
link?
asking for links to copyrighted material is against the rules

*reported*

KingMob
05-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Yup...I didn't really get why he was so upset...now I do.

I only caught like an hour of yesterday's show, it was sucking the life out of me....

stevapalooza
05-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Won't someone please think of Sheepie!

KingMob
05-24-2007, 01:19 PM

He went back to work. :lol:

markhow
05-24-2007, 01:28 PM
The station has a new website and who is featured on it STILL!!!!! O and A thats who. Still alive and still spreading the virus.

http://www.923krock.com/

Peace
Mark

DrMachine
05-24-2007, 01:52 PM
I only caught like an hour of yesterday's show, it was sucking the life out of me....

I kind of enjoyed it because I figured it was an act...now it's just sad.

Haborym
05-24-2007, 07:46 PM

I hope he's not too depressed to make it to the Rock-a-Hula-Luau.

No Free-FM, no Sheep-over?

WillieLee
05-24-2007, 08:16 PM
The station has a new website and who is featured on it STILL!!!!! O and A thats who. Still alive and still spreading the virus.

http://www.923krock.com/

Peace
Mark

They already paid 8 million for DLR, they aren't going to throw away another 12 million by dumping O&A.

bambino03
05-24-2007, 08:21 PM

Bambino is NOT melting down, because it appears that O&A are still on K-Rock.

Of course, I live in Cleveland, so I don't get to hear them until the afternoon now, because, of course, they're under "suspension" from XM.

So, sir, it appears YOU WERE WRONG. How does THAT feel?

- Bambino

P.S. "MONKEY HOUSE!!!"

bambino03
05-24-2007, 08:24 PM

SIRIUS SUCKS ASS. I can't wait for the merger to fail. Howie's getting 500 million and SIRIUS is bleeding profusely.

The merger fails, SIRIUS goes belly-up, and Howie goes home with 500 mil in his pocket and nothing to do.

Not that anyone's listening now, anyways... hoo hoo hoo.

- Bambino

WillieLee
05-24-2007, 08:26 PM
SIRIUS SUCKS ASS. I can't wait for the merger to fail. Howie's getting 500 million and SIRIUS is bleeding profusely.

The merger fails, SIRIUS goes belly-up, and Howie goes home with 500 mil in his pocket and nothing to do.

- Bambino

I thought you weren't going to meltdown?

bambino03
05-24-2007, 08:26 PM
3 radio shows fired/suspended in a month, and the special interest group thing is made up. And they're the delusional ones?

"Hoo-hoo-hoo, I invented conspiracy theories, Robin!"

Remember, George Bush has a personal vendetta against Howard Stern.

Yeah, I do seem to remember him actually saying that.

Good one, Howie.

- Bambino

bambino03
05-24-2007, 08:28 PM
I thought you weren't going to meltdown?

If I were melting down, everything I type would most likely be all in caps, and it would end with a shotgun blast.

Hmm. My shotgun is safely locked away. Things aren't as bad as they seem.

Can't wait until June 15th. In the meantime, I will enjoy Ron and Fez on XM 202.

"Spread the Virus, Motherfucker!" :)

-Bambino

WillieLee
05-24-2007, 08:31 PM
"Spread the Virus, Motherfucker!" :)

-Bambino

That's probably the only way it will spread.

sonnylarue
05-24-2007, 08:48 PM
to me, the lesson here is ...

radio is strongest when it's a LOCAL medium. that's where the real ad money comes from.

Thank god the giant media companies are (slowly) realizing it.

KingMob
05-25-2007, 05:04 AM
hoo hoo hoo, I invented time travel machine to go back to 1988 Robin, tell em Fred.

*bamf to 1988*

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee

HeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy!

Jim T.
05-25-2007, 05:12 AM
hoo hoo hoo, I invented time travel machine to go back to 1988 Robin, tell em Fred.

*bamf to 1988*

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee

HeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy!

Paaaaaaaaaay meeeeeeeee what I'm wooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrtttttttthhhhhhhh! Haaaaaaaaaaaw!

Deej
05-25-2007, 05:15 AM

- Bambino

Wow...this is definitely RODGER!! Welcome Back! Keep fighting your "War"! :rofl:

KingMob
05-25-2007, 05:15 AM
Paaaaaaaaaay meeeeeeeee what I'm wooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrtttttttthhhhhhhh! Haaaaaaaaaaaw!

shooooow meeeeeee they moneeeeeeeey!

eEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Jim T.
05-25-2007, 05:17 AM
shooooow meeeeeee they moneeeeeeeey!

eEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It's a damn shame this board doesn't support audio clips!

KingMob
05-25-2007, 05:18 AM
It's a damn shame this board doesn't support audio clips!

I'd make the whats black and white and green joke, but it might get me banned.

heeeeeeey!

ERNIE_E
05-25-2007, 06:04 AM
Wow...this is definitely RODGER!! Welcome Back! Keep fighting your "War"! :rofl:

Oh it's definitely him. He even said he's from Cleveland above. How many O&A fans are there in Cleveland? How shameful that he has to start a new account JUST to chime in on the his beloved army crumbling. :rofl: You can wear sheep's wool but a wolf is always a wolf.

On a side note, I always thought that Robin did the worst Jackie impression but hands down it's KingMob. :eek:

Let's play the bugles already and send the cast offs down the river.

KingMob
05-25-2007, 06:06 AM
On a side note, I always thought that Robin did the worst Jackie impression but hands down it's KingMob. :eek:

my stern impression must be dead on then!

Jim T.
05-25-2007, 06:20 AM
Oh it's definitely him. He even said he's from Cleveland above. How many O&A fans are there in Cleveland? How shameful that he has to start a new account JUST to chime in on the his beloved army crumbling. :rofl: You can wear sheep's wool but a wolf is always a wolf.

I'm pretty sure it's not RODGER. He had actually toned down a lot of this before he exiled himself.

KingMob
05-25-2007, 06:56 AM
I'm pretty sure it's not RODGER. He had actually toned down a lot of this before he exiled himself.

It's me, I pinged another IP adress form canada and have dual pcs with a keyboard for each hand.

Jim T.
05-25-2007, 07:00 AM
It's me, I pinged another IP adress form canada and have dual pcs with a keyboard for each hand.

That seems like a lot of work.

KingMob
05-25-2007, 07:03 AM
That seems like a lot of work.

heck no, I have nothing better to do!

bambino03
05-25-2007, 07:18 AM

WHO THE HELL IS RODGER? My name is NOT Rodger!

WillieLee
05-25-2007, 07:24 AM

Nice try KingMob.

Deej
05-25-2007, 07:58 AM

Hi Rodger!!! :rofl: