PDA

View Full Version : Fun with microwave ovens

greg donovan
05-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Which is more fun in a microwave oven?

exploding hot dogs or inflating marshmallows?

Afny
05-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Cutting a grape in half and having electricity arc between the two connected halves.

Ben
05-22-2007, 02:58 PM
CDs

Afny
05-22-2007, 02:58 PM
CDs

This is good too. They float.

Kingsumo
05-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Marshmallows. I used to get a kick out of doing that as a kid.

Never actually tried the CD trick.

Buk Was Right
05-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Whatever it is, it isn't this: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1110AP_Baby_in_Microwave.html

Albert
05-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Frozen dinners

XSaraXPoeX
05-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Small furry animals?

Ben
Small furry animals?:no:

Kingsumo
Whatever it is, it isn't this: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1110AP_Baby_in_Microwave.html

The infant's mother blamed the devil for what happened, saying Satan compelled her husband to put the baby in the microwave. The devil "saw my husband as a threat" because of his efforts to become a preacher, Eva Marie Mauldin, 20, told Houston television station KHOU.

That is so very fucked up. :-x

greg donovan
05-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Marshmallows. I used to get a kick out of doing that as a kid.

Never actually tried the CD trick.

it is a good one to try in someone else's microwave. like the one in the dorms at college.

ihategravity
05-22-2007, 03:11 PM
CDs

Especially when the Cds are Michael Bolton CDs.

Ben
05-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Especially when the Cds are Michael Bolton CDs.:no:

Ben
05-22-2007, 03:13 PM
it is a good one to try in someone else's microwave. like the one in the dorms at college.:thumb:

ihategravity
05-22-2007, 03:16 PM
:no:

BOLTON LOVER!!

greg donovan
05-22-2007, 03:18 PM
This is good too. They float.

i made a bratwurst dance once. that was pretty fun.

Ben
05-22-2007, 03:20 PM
BOLTON LOVER!!:thumb:

XSaraXPoeX
05-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Okay, I just tried the hotdog. It wasn't fun at all, just messy.

And I'm out of marshmellows. :(

What else is there? (I'm not messing up a cd.)

Ben
05-22-2007, 03:25 PM

What else is there? (I'm not messing up a cd.)TNT

greg donovan
05-22-2007, 03:40 PM

the messy is the best part.

and the CD will make a good coaster when you are done with it so it isnt a total loss.

Foolish Mortal
05-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Just try putting an egg in a microwave and watch what happens. :twisted:

kari
05-22-2007, 03:42 PM

Do you have a cat?

Albert
05-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Just try putting an egg in a microwave and watch what happens. :twisted:

http://www.coolstuffontv.com/houseware/egg.gif?

XSaraXPoeX
05-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Just try putting an egg in a microwave and watch what happens. :twisted:Boiled or raw? :D

Do you have a cat?Yes, but I already know what it does to small furry animals so...

moonspider
05-22-2007, 03:56 PM
i put the hot dog....TOTAL WEINER HOLOCAUST!!!!

kari
05-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Yes, but I already know what it does to small furry animals so...

:heart:

Foolish Mortal
05-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Do you have a cat?
http://www.bitemyphoto.com/item/image/9231/medium/Referee2.jpg
Foul! Unnecessary dark humor!

http://www.coolstuffontv.com/houseware/egg.gif?
No special equipment allowed!

Boiled or raw? :D
Either one will be messy. :lol:

Lyfeforce
05-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Peep-zilla

kari
05-22-2007, 03:59 PM
http://www.bitemyphoto.com/item/image/9231/medium/Referee2.jpg
Foul! Unnecessary dark humor!

:lol: My dark humor knows no bounds.

greg donovan
05-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Peep-zilla

that is about the only thing those things are good for.

anyone tried a circius peanut?

XSaraXPoeX
05-22-2007, 04:07 PM
:lol: My dark humor knows no bounds.That's a very admirable quality. :D

kari
05-22-2007, 04:25 PM
That's a very admirable quality. :D
:) Thanks!
I'm a surgical nurse...if I didn't have it I would of went nuts and been reallllllllllllllly bored along time ago. :lol:

Once in a while I tell a funny operating room tale or two, but noone else thinks they're funny. :sad:

moonspider
05-22-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm a surgical nurse...if I didn't have it I would of went nuts and been reallllllllllllllly bored along time ago. :lol:

Once in a while I tell a funny operating room tale or two, but noone else thinks they're funny. :sad:

realy?
wow, i guess i miss those.....
care to share one?

XSaraXPoeX
05-22-2007, 04:34 PM
realy?
care to share one?That's just what I was thinking.

kari
05-22-2007, 04:40 PM
realy?
care to share one?

Sure! gather round kids! :)

This little tale happened not to long ago.

We had a fella that came in for a colonoscopy (a long camera inserted into the colon to look for problems). The fella had a colostomy (no poop out his but, instead has a bag attached to his abdomen).

so...he's supposed to drink this liquid to "clean out his colon" basically he'll shit like a goose for a good 20 hours straight till it becomes clear or at least see through in color.

I ask him "was the contents in your bag clear or at least see through?" He say's "yes". So I finish preping him for surgery and I take him back to the operating room.

the doctor which is one of the most hated surgeons there starts the procedure and is bitching because he can't get the scope through he keeps trying and the entire time he's bitching at us.......all the sudden I hear a small popping noise and this brown liquid is squirting out like a high pressure hose everywhere.......on the walls, floors, us...but best of all right in the face of the surgeon....that fucker got a mouth/face full of 2 days worth of built up shit which was backed up due to his stoma being sealed shut.

he managed to pop it open when shoving the scope in thus releasing the smelliest most disgusting high pressure wash I've ever seen.

kari
05-22-2007, 04:54 PM
From a previous thread.....

"Had a young man come in with a 1-2 inch gash on his hand. It was infected and need to be cleaned out. It was really swollen. I then questioned him on how it happened. "I slipped and fell in the river, think I cut it on a rock." Ah yes, muddy river water, that would do it.

So we take him to the operating room and the doc is working his magic. I'm hovering next to him with my irrigation syringe. He opens it up I irrigate, and we both see something.We both look at each other like WTF is that?....doc slips the forceps in and procedes to pull out a FUCKING SNAIL! We both were so stunned by our find. I was speechless. This snail was still in the shell and probably about an inch across.
So we took it out, took some pics of it and kept it to show the patient when he woke up. I've seen some fucked up shit......but that was a new one."

The Roman Candle
05-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Messy ones only if it isn't your own microwave.

Lyfeforce
05-22-2007, 04:56 PM

my dad works the same (meaning many) job. I enjoy these stories very much, thanks.

XSaraXPoeX
05-22-2007, 04:59 PM
From a previous thread.....

"Had a young man come in with a 1-2 inch gash on his hand. It was infected and need to be cleaned out. It was really swollen. I then questioned him on how it happened. "I slipped and fell in the river, think I cut it on a rock." Ah yes, muddy river water, that would do it.

So we take him to the operating room and the doc is working his magic. I'm hovering next to him with my irrigation syringe. He opens it up I irrigate, and we both see something.We both look at each other like WTF is that?....doc slips the forceps in and procedes to pull out a FUCKING SNAIL! We both were so stunned by our find. I was speechless. This snail was still in the shell and probably about an inch across.
So we took it out, took some pics of it and kept it to show the patient when he woke up. I've seen some fucked up shit......but that was a new one."That was cool. :) I like the bloody tales better than the poopie ones.

kari
05-22-2007, 05:02 PM
my dad works the same (meaning many) job. I enjoy these stories very much, thanks.

Your Dad probably works in a more urban area I bet. I like to talk to surgical techs and nurse's that work in city/urban areas....they see some crazy shit that we never get to see out here in the sticks.

kari
05-22-2007, 05:06 PM
That was cool. :) I like the bloody tales better than the poopie ones.

I knew there was a reason I liked you! :cool:

Oh boy can I give you bloody stories!!! I was a dialysis nurse before I started working at the surgery center.:)

I've actually seen this happen for real...with human blood.
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/72/039_39789~Carrie-Sissy-Spacek-Posters.jpg

FredC
05-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Put a potato in the microwave!

manbearpig
05-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Cutting a grape in half and having electricity arc between the two connected halves.

AWESOME! I have to try that sometime.

RebootedCorpse
05-22-2007, 05:39 PM
I knew there was a reason I liked you! :cool:

Oh boy can I give you bloody stories!!! I was a dialysis nurse before I started working at the surgery center.:)

I've actually seen this happen for real...with human blood.

We could trade hillarious crash and crime injury stories that no one else will think is funny.