PDA

View Full Version : so sick of Heroes

ultimate samwise gamgee
05-21-2007, 07:29 AM
the "KIRBY" Building?!? Come on! they didn't come up with that name. they obviously stole it from Jack Kirby. And the creator says he never read a comic book. i can't believe people watch this show! :-P

adamgreenberger
05-21-2007, 07:30 AM
the "KIRBY" Building?!? Come on! they didn't come up with that name. they obviously stole it from Jack Kirby. And the creator says he never read a comic book. i can't believe people watch this show! :-P

Just beacause he didn't doesn't mean his writers didn't

Donal DeLay
05-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Just beacause he didn't doesn't mean his writers didn't
You mean his writers ... like Jeph Loeb!? :scared: *gasp*

Corey A.
05-21-2007, 08:49 AM
You mean his writers ... like Jeph Loeb!? :scared: *gasp*

I think Loeb is just a producer.

Albert
05-21-2007, 08:50 AM
I think Loeb is just a producer.

Staff writers on TV shows are often credited as producers, and he's written several episodes.

Bill?
05-21-2007, 08:51 AM
a guy named claremont owned the sword shop last week.

Masculine Todd
05-21-2007, 08:52 AM
i can't believe people watch this show! :-P

I can, 'cause I've heard them talk about it. I'm very open minded. :-?

James Patrick
05-21-2007, 08:55 AM

Nice homage. The people that have problems with the show don't have problems with the homages, though. Matter of fact, if more things were actually homages there would probably be less bitching. . . . so, in fairness, if you're trying to make a point, you missed.

Jen Grunwald
05-21-2007, 08:56 AM

I can't tell if you're joking or not. It's called an "homage"...it's not stealing...

And if that's your reason why people shouldn't watch the show, that's ridiculous. People watch the show b/c it's entertaining, fun...and really good.

:rogue:

manbearpig
05-21-2007, 09:02 AM
did anybody catch when Stan Lee made his appearance?

skinnyrunaway
05-21-2007, 09:03 AM
I can't tell if you're joking or not. It's called an "homage"...it's not stealing...

And if that's your reason why people shouldn't watch the show, that's ridiculous. People watch the show b/c it's entertaining, fun...and really good.

:-?

Love ya Jen, but I've tried over and over to get into Heroes and it leaves me cold EVERY TIME.

Dreg
05-21-2007, 09:08 AM
You don't need anther heeeeero?

Boris the Blade
05-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I believe the creator of this has never read any comics.

And Akira Kurosawa has never read any Shakespeare.

ThisSpaceForRent
05-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I believe the creator of this has never read any comics.

And Akira Kurosawa has never read any Shakespeare.

What involvement does the creator still have with the show?
It's fully possible he doesn't know anything about comics, and didn't really know he was re-inventing the x-men when he laid out the premise of the show to NBC.

Now, the writers are DEFINITELY comic geeks...

ZombieSpeedball
05-21-2007, 09:20 AM
This kinda sounds like when Spike Lee sued Spike TV for "use of his name". Is that where this is leading?

glk
05-21-2007, 09:24 AM

Why you gotta hate? It's a fun show.

Masculine Todd
05-21-2007, 09:30 AM
You know, I tried the first episode, didn't dig it. However, that's merely a small fraction of the overall series and I've heard everyone rave about how it has evolved tremendously over the duration of the season. However, I know better than to say (type) "I don't get why people watch this." Firstly, I can only judge what I've seen, and one episode ultimately reduces my knowledge on the show's quality to a microscopic level. Secondly, because I do not dig something, doesn't mean it's terrible. Taste is relative and subjective. I will never understand statements like that.

Jen Grunwald
05-21-2007, 09:31 AM
:-?

Love ya Jen, but I've tried over and over to get into Heroes and it leaves me cold EVERY TIME.

Well that's cuz your HEART is cold!!! ;-)

But regardless, citing calling the building "Kirby" as a reason people shouldn't watch the show is silly! :P

ultimate samwise gamgee
05-21-2007, 10:11 AM

yeah i was joking... i love the show.

ds9
05-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Jeph Loeb is one of the people on this show and its very respectful to comics and sci fi.

Generic Poster
05-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Are parody threads still banned? I'm tempted by the obvious "so sick of Herpes".

Fourthman
05-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah, and the radioactive guy Byrnes people.

Dark Sasha
05-21-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm happy now that they killed off everyone I hated.

Donal DeLay
05-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Are parody threads still banned? I'm tempted by the obvious "so sick of Herpes". It depends on how well liked you are with the mods.

Greenville 90210
05-21-2007, 11:00 AM
It depends on how well liked you are with the mods.

Oh...so I couldn't get away with it?

:cool:

Generic Poster
05-21-2007, 11:24 AM

Hmmmm. I'd best not risk it, then. Right now, I think I fall into the "beneath notice" category. Best to stay there.

Bryan H
05-21-2007, 11:26 AM
I recorded the sci-fi marathon of Heroes on Sat, and plowed through the entire season yesterday. Great show, I really loved it, and I feel bad I was so resistant to it before -- I let my preconcieved notions prevent me from enjoying it (mostly thinking it was a massive Rising Stars rip-off, which I quickly realized wasn't true). I'm glad I gave it a chance though, and doubly interested in the season finale tomorrow.

I don't suggest anyone watch 16+ hours of television straight, though. I'll never get that Stargate SG-1 commercial out of my head.

Queen of the Ban Age
05-21-2007, 11:28 AM

Or the fact that the parody ban was over ages ago and we didn't tell anybody because we didn't want the cycle to happen again.

Keith P.
05-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Or the fact that the parody ban was over ages ago and we didn't tell anybody because we didn't want the cycle to happen again.

You tell 'em!

Oh, and I made you something.

http://www.reevesbakery.com/assets/images/db_images/db_Reeves_Cake_Book_PDF_061.jpg

Queen of the Ban Age
05-21-2007, 11:37 AM
You tell 'em!

Oh, and I made you something.

http://www.reevesbakery.com/assets/images/db_images/db_Reeves_Cake_Book_PDF_061.jpg

Ooooh. I bet I could eat about a 1/16th of that without slipping into a diabetic coma. :drool:

Jen Grunwald
05-21-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm happy now that they killed off everyone I hated.

I liked DL! I hate the fat, stupid cop... I hope he dies...

Queen of the Ban Age
05-21-2007, 11:39 AM
I liked DL! I hate the fat, stupid cop... I hope he dies...

You hate Matt? :shock:

That's it, we're now mortal enemies.

ds9
05-21-2007, 11:39 AM
You hate Matt? :shock:

That's it, we're now mortal enemies.I like Matt but he was a bastard in the future.

Queen of the Ban Age
05-21-2007, 11:45 AM
I like Matt but he was a bastard in the future.

I think that's why I like him so much. His character evolves, and not necessarily for the better.

ds9
05-21-2007, 11:46 AM
I think that's why I like him so much. His character evolves, and not necessarily for the better.Next season is focusing on the previous generation of Heroes and i really want to see that.

Jen Grunwald
05-21-2007, 01:31 PM
I think that's why I like him so much. His character evolves, and not necessarily for the better.

The other characters don't evolve? I don't like assholes, evolved or not.

But honestly, I really don't like the actor. Something about him rubs me the wrong way.

And the character is a whiny bitch. I HATE HIM!!!

Jen Grunwald
05-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Next season is focusing on the previous generation of Heroes and i really want to see that.

Me too!!!

Generic Poster
05-21-2007, 01:35 PM
The other characters don't evolve? I don't like assholes, evolved or not.

But honestly, I really don't like the actor. Something about him rubs me the wrong way.

And the character is a whiny bitch. I HATE HIM!!!

I gotta go with Ms. Grunwald here. I didn't like him on Alias either.

Jen Grunwald
05-21-2007, 01:50 PM
I gotta go with Ms. Grunwald here. I didn't like him on Alias either.

He even annoyed me as the dying pilot on Lost! And he only had a few minutes screen time! :-P

Afny
05-21-2007, 01:52 PM
They already killed Ted, so I hope Matt stays alive...Ted+Matt FOREVAHS.

Jen Grunwald
05-21-2007, 01:53 PM
They already killed Ted, so I hope Matt stays alive...Ted+Matt FOREVAHS.

Both annoying. They deserve each other! ;-) They should take Mohinder with them. His accent is soooooo irritating!!!!!

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-21-2007, 01:57 PM
I like Mohinder, I want to see him stick around, I see him as a lynchpin for the show...If they were going to kill anybody, I guess they could kill off Peter, who likes him??:)

Jen Grunwald
05-21-2007, 02:17 PM
If they were going to kill anybody, I guess they could kill off Peter, who likes him??:)

I will rip your face off. :evil:

ClintP
05-21-2007, 02:18 PM

i'll help. No one messes with Rocky's son!

Matt O'Keefe
05-21-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't watch this show, but I don't mind that other people like it. I just have a bias against the people who changed the channel on NBC when Studio 60 was on:x

ClintP
05-21-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't watch this show, but I don't mind that other people like it. I just have a bias against the people who changed the channel on NBC when Studio 60 was on:x

studio what?

Greenville 90210
05-21-2007, 02:26 PM
He even annoyed me as the dying pilot on Lost! And he only had a few minutes screen time! :-P

Awwwww. I liked him as the pilot on the pilot! I want him to appear in a flashback so we can find out why the smoke monster was hating on him.

Generic Poster
05-21-2007, 02:26 PM
studio what?

The 30 Rock rip-off that wasn't as good as 30 Rock.

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-21-2007, 02:27 PM

Thats the response I was looking for. I'm just joking Jen, I like Peter, especially after they showed what a badass he becomes in the future. Just, please, don't hurt me.;-)

Matt O'Keefe
05-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Awwwww. I liked him as the pilot on the pilot! I want him to appear in a flashback so we can find out why the smoke monster was hating on him.

He was on in a flashback at the end of Season 2.

Jen Grunwald
05-21-2007, 02:49 PM

I LOVED Studio 60!! :-(

Jen Grunwald
05-21-2007, 02:49 PM

No need, I can tell you: Cuz he's a shmuck!

Jen Grunwald
05-21-2007, 02:50 PM
The 30 Rock rip-off that wasn't as good as 30 Rock.

It's not a rip-off!! They came out at the same time! Plus, 30 Rock is a ridiculous comedy (that I ALSO love) and Studio 60 is a drama. There's room for both!

c. page
05-21-2007, 02:51 PM
It's not a rip-off!! They came out at the same time! Plus, 30 Rock is a ridiculous comedy (that I ALSO love) and Studio 60 is a drama. There's room for both!

noooo! haven't you heard the internets?!?! anything with a story or premise that is similar to another is a ripoff!!!

Generic Poster
05-21-2007, 02:52 PM

Heh heh. It's so easy to rile you Studio 60 people.

Matt O'Keefe
I LOVED Studio 60!! :-(

:thumb:

Last five episodes air in the next month or so, starting Thursday at 10:00 EST:boogie:

Greenville 90210
He was on in a flashback at the end of Season 2.

Deleted scene!

I want to know what he did in his life that made the monster rip him up...

Matt O'Keefe
05-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Heh heh. It's so easy to rile Jen Gruenwald.

Fixed that for you;)

Greenville 90210
05-21-2007, 02:53 PM
No need, I can tell you: Cuz he's a shmuck!

:angry scotland:

Matt O'Keefe
05-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Deleted scene!

I want to know what he did in his life that made the monster rip him up...

Was it? Can't remember.

Best extras ever: cast auditions in season one.

Albert
05-21-2007, 02:55 PM

Full of dramatic plotlines like using a fake baby for parenting practice, a la Saved by the Bell!

Matt O'Keefe
05-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Full of dramatic plotlines like using a fake baby for parenting practice, a la Saved by the Bell!

That scene was laugh-out-loud funny!:x

Generic Poster
05-21-2007, 02:56 PM

On Studio 60, they could walk real fast while carrying the pretend baby, while also talking about infant mortality rates in the U.S.

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Are you trying to say that borrowing comedic ideas from Saved By The Bell isn't a surefire way to get people to watch? I liked Studio 60 when it was on, I've never been a Sorkin fan, but something about the show made me watch every episode.

Albert
05-21-2007, 03:11 PM
That scene was laugh-out-loud funny!:x

I actually liked the show, and watched every episode. BUT I think some of it was also sorta dumb. I feel like a man without a country, though, because it seems everyone either thinks it's genius or crappy. And I'm in the middle! :(

Matt O'Keefe
05-21-2007, 03:12 PM
I actually liked the show, and watched every episode. BUT I think some of it was also sorta dumb. I feel like a man without a country, though, because it seems everyone either thinks it's genius or crappy. And I'm in the middle! :(

I forgive you.8)

I don't know why, but the toy baby scene really grabbed me.

WillieLee
05-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Are you trying to say that borrowing comedic ideas from Saved By The Bell isn't a surefire way to get people to watch? I liked Studio 60 when it was on, I've never been a Sorkin fan, but something about the show made me watch every episode.

Same here! But in my case the 'something' was called heroin.

Albert
05-21-2007, 03:19 PM
I forgive you.8)

I don't know why, but the toy baby scene really grabbed me.

It was nearly as hilarious and edgy as "Meet the Press with Juliette Lewis"!

Jen Grunwald
05-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Fixed that for you;)

True! ESPECIALLY WHEN SPELLING MY NAME WRONG!!!!

GRÜNWALD!!!!

Jen Grunwald
05-21-2007, 05:20 PM

I never said it was genius. I just liked it and I liked the characters a lot. And the actors. The old guy episode nearly made me cry. There was goofy stuff, but there was good stuff too. Pretty much like any good show. Nothing's perfect...