PDA

View Full Version : Question For You Halo 3 Players...

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Am I the only one who can't seem to download the Beta from Crackdown? I go to the option to do so, and it says to "come back at a later date." WTF!! The date is today!!! Whats going on here?? Please help!!

Lab-Rat
05-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Am I the only one who can't seem to download the Beta from Crackdown? I go to the option to do so, and it says to "come back at a later date." WTF!! The date is today!!! Whats going on here?? Please help!!

No one who has Crackdown can download it yet. They are aware of the issue and are working on it.

Check out the huge 360 thread. We've been talking about it in there alot.

thatguyfromsyracuse
05-16-2007, 04:29 PM
No one who has Crackdown can download it yet. They are aware of the issue and are working on it.

Check out the huge 360 thread. We've been talking about it in there alot.

Allright, phew. I was starting to get pissed. Thanks.

Jim.
05-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Should be ready between 9 and midnight Central time.

manbearpig
05-16-2007, 05:10 PM
It's been out all day and everyone is still pretty mad about it, according to G4.

-edit-
out as in 'not available' and not out as in 'released'

Briomega
05-16-2007, 05:12 PM
It's been out all day and everyone is still pretty mad about it, according to G4.

-edit-
out as in 'not available' and not out as in 'released'

Eh, I don't see what's to be mad at. It's a beta. It's free. They didn't have to let all those people in, in the first place. They already had enough people through the other means to get the data they need. People need to relax.

manbearpig
05-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Eh, I don't see what's to be mad at. It's a beta. It's free. They didn't have to let all those people in, in the first place. They already had enough people through the other means to get the data they need. People need to relax.

That's what I said. But G4 showed some angry internet user's forum post explaining how he/she needed to kill/hurt people. This forum doesn't seem too upset. I guess the only people that are maddened by these events are the sadists, eh?

Briomega
05-16-2007, 05:24 PM
That's what I said. But G4 showed some angry internet user's forum post explaining how he/she needed to kill/hurt people. This forum doesn't seem too upset. I guess the only people that are maddened by these events are the sadists, eh?

It's typical, really, especially with Betas. Just wait until they have to take the servers down for a fix.

People get this sense of entitlement and feel like they deserve to be treated in a certain way, when in reality they are entitled to jack and shit. They should be just happy they are being given the chance to play the game 4 months before release for free and leave it at that. But, of course, that won't happen.

gibbEy
05-16-2007, 05:25 PM

I don't play Halo 3, but I'm taking pleasure in your misfortune.

manbearpig
05-16-2007, 05:25 PM
It's typical, really, especially with Betas. Just wait until they have to take the servers down for a fix.

People get this sense of entitlement and feel like they deserve to be treated in a certain way, when in reality they are entitled to jack and shit. They should be just happy they are being given the chance to play the game 4 months before release for free and leave it at that. But, of course, that won't happen.

Ingrates!

Briomega
05-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Ingrates!

Hehe. I shouldn't be so harsh but it comes from several years working for a MMORPG years ago and dealing with a lot of the same complaints, especially during beta testing.

Jim.
05-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Well people have it in their heads that they paid 60 dollars for this beta. You have to politely remind them, they paid 60 bucks for Crackdown.

manbearpig
05-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Hehe. I shouldn't be so harsh but it comes from several years working for a MMORPG years ago and dealing with a lot of the same complaints, especially during beta testing.

Which MMORPG did you work for?

Briomega
05-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Well people have it in their heads that they paid 60 dollars for this beta. You have to politely remind them, they paid 60 bucks for Crackdown.

The funny thing is that I know there are people who did, in fact, pay 60 bucks solely for the Beta. Those people I laugh at with a very loud guffaw. :razz:

Lab-Rat
05-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Yeah...I agree...it's not a big issue. It's a Beta...they are testing things. When testing things in Beta...shit breaks down. That's how they make sure stuff doesn't break down when the game finnally comes out.

Also...I bought Crackdown for Crackdown. Halo 3 is just an added bonus...and if I don't get to play it...eh oh well, no skin off my back.

Briomega
05-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Which MMORPG did you work for?

Asheron's Call and the sequel.

manbearpig
05-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Asheron's Call and the sequel.

Sweet! I never played it but my friends used to play a lot.

Akira
05-16-2007, 06:02 PM
This was on Joystiq. I nearly pissed myself laughing when I read it.

Dear Bungie, Micro$oft and Major Tom,

I am super mad at you for all the pain and grief you've put on me for the last seven hours and forty seven minutes. OMG, it's a simpel thing you had to do. All you had to do was flip the BEST BETA EVAR swich in your office and give me and the fans across the world sum Halo 3 action. But no, you n00bs couldnt' even manage that. Let's look at what I've done for you!

First of all, I gave you 60 bucks for my beta ticket i could have just left it at that, but I played the included Crackdown (more liek Suckdown!) game for over 80 hours. I got all the acheivvement points and stuff to see if it unlocked the beta early, but nothing fine, I said, I'll get my munny's worth later. I'll wait until the "official" launch date, whateva. So I waited. Like, a lot. I bought an xtra X-box 360 (an ELITE, which is awesome BTW) just in case I got red-ringed before the beta. I took the whole week off work so I could play it without being interrupted and I told my mom to leave me alone. I did all of that, and what do you give me? nothing.

You guys have lost all your credibility now. I've been staring at the crackdown menu for a whole day, when I could have been doing something useful! You wasted my time and I can never get it back!!1I could have picked up my daughter from school by now, but no, you make me sit here and wait and wait and wait until you get your freaking act together. After all that time playing Halo 2, writing fanfiction and making wallpapers of Master Chief (he pwns the stupid Arbitrary) and dedicating my days to you... this is how yuo thank me? No, let me thank you.

Thank you for completely screwing up my life, Bungie. This is all your fold!

Briomega
05-16-2007, 06:06 PM

:rofl: Nice one.

Lab-Rat
05-16-2007, 06:07 PM

Yeah I thought that was funny...cause that's a pretty good representation for alot of the gripes I'm seeing people make.

BronxRonin
05-16-2007, 06:53 PM
I can wait for its release...i'm glad i didn't buy crackdown i hated the demo.

Lab-Rat
05-16-2007, 07:00 PM
I can wait for its release...i'm glad i didn't buy crackdown i hated the demo.

Too bad Crackdown is all sorts of fun and awesome.

Binx
05-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Nobody else got a regular invite? The demo will go way downhill
when all these whiners get on! ;)

Cth
05-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Yeah, they've likely delayed it for the regular invite people.

Then they'll let the Crackdown people in.

I really should try it :D It's been downloaded for an hour or two now.

Briomega
05-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Nah, it wasn't a delay. They screwed up the code and needed to fix it. It works fine now after the title update.

Brewtown Andy
05-16-2007, 07:38 PM
This was on Joystiq. I nearly pissed myself laughing when I read it.Rats, beat me to it! :D

And I paid $60 for Crackdown. I have no intention of playing the beta.

manbearpig
05-16-2007, 07:51 PM

ROFLSAURUS!

Briomega
05-16-2007, 08:39 PM
It was worth the wait. Damn that was fun. Only got to play one game of Capture the Flag but it was awesome. Takes awhile to get used to the new controls but the new weapons are sweet. I think the movable Turret is going to be my new favorite weapon. :)

haloJONES
05-16-2007, 08:57 PM
i love it