PDA

View Full Version : My GOLDEN STATE FUCKING WARRIORS MAKE HISTORY!!!

TomBelandTSSTG
05-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Oh man... 12 years away from the playoffs... the Chris Webber nightmare... the Latrell Spreewell nightmare... Chris Washburn... Joe Berry Carroll... lottery pick after lottery pick...

And now they've beaten the Mavericks. The TOP SEEDED Dallas Mavericks. They didn't just beat them... they fucking HUMILIATED THEM!!! Mark Cuban looking like a jilted lover sulking on the sidelines. The sea of golden shirts. A fantastic crowd freaking out over a great performance.

And Charles Barkley having to put one of those shirts on. Barkley, who once proclaimed Golden State as a "team of midgets" had to admit that this is the style of basketball that is the most entertaining.

God I'm happy tonight. Life is so fucking sweet.

Frozen Sooner
05-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Congratulations, but an 8 seed beating a 1 isn't making history.

Fucking Nuggets and Cookie Monster.

Your Pal, Carl
05-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Oh man... 12 years away from the playoffs... the Chris Webber nightmare... the Latrell Spreewell nightmare... Chris Washburn... Joe Berry Carroll... lottery pick after lottery pick...

And now they've beaten the Mavericks. The TOP SEEDED Dallas Mavericks. They didn't just beat them... they fucking HUMILIATED THEM!!! Mark Cuban looking like a jilted lover sulking on the sidelines. The sea of golden shirts. A fantastic crowd freaking out over a great performance.

And Charles Barkley having to put one of those shirts on. Barkley, who once proclaimed Golden State as a "team of midgets" had to admit that this is the style of basketball that is the most entertaining.

God I'm happy tonight. Life is so fucking sweet.

Tom! My fellow Warrior fan, I feel exactly the same way. It's an awesome feeling to finally win another playoff series. It's the good ole days with Nellie again.

And you should have been posting with us in the NBA Playoffs thread. ;)

Your Pal, Carl
05-03-2007, 09:34 PM

Fucking Nuggets and Cookie Monster.

5 game series and 7 game series are completely different. :no:

bartleby
05-03-2007, 09:34 PM
The Mavericks made history. Golden State was just there for the ride.

Frozen Sooner
05-03-2007, 09:42 PM
5 game series and 7 game series are completely different. :no:

Meh. It ain't THAT different. But OK. I'm not going to argue over whether my Chronics were the biggest chokers of all time. :)

TomBelandTSSTG
05-03-2007, 09:46 PM
LOL.. the Warriors tried their best and I DO MEAN BEST... to give the last game in Dallas away to them. The did everything but hold the Mavs up to the basket to just drop the ball through.

And even then... EVEN THEN... the Mavs nearly lost it.

The Warriors went for a ride alright. But they did it in Grand Theft Auto fashion. They walked up to the Dallasmobile, opened the door, grabbed the Dirk Nowitzki by the throat, threw him to the ground, got IN the Dallasmobile and drove that thing back and forth over Dirk's skull before peeling off in a stinky cloud of smoke.

Dallas.. truly.... sucked it off.

WillieLee
05-03-2007, 10:29 PM
You should be watching hockey.

Ryan F
05-03-2007, 10:31 PM
I like the Warriors. :)

Master Jack Rabbitt
05-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Wow. Thats incredible.

alexlannin
05-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Wow! What I fully expected to be a very uninteresting playoff year has been fantastic! I love it when there's new blood thrown deep into the playoffs!

dEnny!
05-04-2007, 05:41 AM
I made a bet with my buddy when they drafted Chris Webber #1 that they would NOT win a championship in 10 years; he swore up and down they would.

They didn't. Good luck this year though, I'd love to see a Cinderella story, the NBA is in need of something to get me interested because I'm sick and tired of one on one basketball, no defense, and spoiled stars.

Dr. Blasphemy
05-04-2007, 05:49 AM
"Your" Golden State Warriors?

King of Mars
05-04-2007, 06:38 AM

Fucking Nuggets and Cookie Monster.It's the first time it's ever happened in a seven game series.

Dennis K
05-04-2007, 06:50 AM
It's a good thing for the Warriors that the Mavericks are as soft as crushed velvet

bartleby
05-04-2007, 06:53 AM
"Your" Golden State Warriors?

Didn't you know that Puerto Rico is the "Golden State?"

TomBelandTSSTG
05-04-2007, 08:29 AM
It's a good thing for the Warriors that the Mavericks are as soft as crushed velvet

Yes. ALL number one seeds are as soft as crushed velvet.

Dennis K
05-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Yes. ALL number one seeds are as soft as crushed velvet.

The proof is in the post season pudding.

Akira
05-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Awesome! The Mavs deserve to go down in flames every spring, as should any NBA team that decides they're above playing defense.

TomBelandTSSTG
05-04-2007, 08:56 AM
There's this little nugget of historical info:

No team in the NBA, the NHL or baseball had ever won a postseason series against a team 25 games above it in the standings.

Vonn Hennigar
05-04-2007, 09:58 AM

No team in the NBA, the NHL or baseball had ever won a postseason series against a team 25 games above it in the standings.

Closest i could find is back in 1982 when my beloved Edmonton Oilers lost to the Los Angeles Kings in the first round of the NHL playoffs (Best Of 5 series back then).

The Oilers were 24 games ahead of the Kings. :cry:

Albert
05-04-2007, 10:02 AM

It's also the first time a #8 team has beaten a #1 team in a 7 game series (in the NBA, at least).

chazbot
05-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Awesome! The Mavs deserve to go down in flames every spring, as should any NBA team that decides they're above playing defense.

if you watched the regular season games instead of making assumptions about a team based on how they played 3 years ago, then maybe you realized the Mavs do play defense. Avery has done a good job (for the most part). In the last game, the Warriors had a 2 point lead on them going into the half despite shooting roughly 20% better than the Mavs, that takes some defense to hold em to that. Of course the second half negated all of that.. but oh well.

This is way true :( but.... if the Warriors had been healthy all season, they'd have probably only been 15-20 games back of the Mavs, and the two teams wouldn't have met in the first round.

Your Pal, Carl
05-04-2007, 10:13 AM
if you watched the regular season games instead of making assumptions about a team based on how they played 3 years ago, then maybe you realized the Mavs do play defense. Avery has done a good job (for the most part). In the last game, the Warriors had a 2 point lead on them going into the half despite shooting roughly 20% better than the Mavs, that takes some defense to hold em to that. Of course the second half negated all of that.. but oh well.

This is way true :( but.... if the Warriors had been healthy all season, they'd have probably only been 15-20 games back of the Mavs, and the two teams wouldn't have met in the first round.
The Mavs were the only top team that got stuck with a second round match up in the first round. The Warriors are at worst a 4 seed.

chazbot
05-04-2007, 10:20 AM
The Mavs were the only top team that got stuck with a second round match up in the first round. The Warriors are at worst a 4 seed.

they'd handle the Jazz no problem, and if they play balls to the walls like they did against the Mavs, they can take the Rockets as well.
my gf put it to me best when i was down after the game at the bar last night, now the Warriors better go out and kick some ass... prove that it wasn't just the Mavs. and that's way true.

tdaniel
05-04-2007, 10:58 AM
hey Tom are you originally from the SF Bay Area?

dEnny!
05-04-2007, 11:34 AM

Ouch, guess we know who doesn't read True Story, Swear to God. :no: Dat's cold man.

dEnny!
05-04-2007, 11:35 AM

Their record said otherwise. ;)

tdaniel
05-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Ouch, guess we know who doesn't read True Story, Swear to God. :no: Dat's cold man.

:surrend:
That would be me. But not for long! Found several issues recently and picked them up, also waiting for Tom to send me one :)

dEnny!
05-04-2007, 11:54 AM
:surrend:
That would be me. But not for long! Found several issues recently and picked them up, also waiting for Tom to send me one :)

I prefer supporting my friends by PURCHASING their work as opposed to receiving comp copies.

No one loves me enough to send me comp copies. :(

Dood Lee
05-04-2007, 12:20 PM

So why did Phoenix advance?

Your Pal, Carl
05-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Their record said otherwise. ;)

their record is beside the point. Their level of play is what is at issue.

Gunter
05-04-2007, 01:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/TheRainKing/myspace/luther.jpg

The Warriors came out to plaaayy!!

Brewtown Andy
05-04-2007, 01:30 PM
So why did Phoenix advance?Phoenix tries to play D, they're just way better at scoring in bunches.

TomBelandTSSTG
05-04-2007, 01:37 PM

Don't let Denny bring you down, bub... it's cool!

I'm originally from Napa Valley, California. I went to school at Napa High, which officially makes me one of the FIGHTING INDIANS!!!

What I loved about this scenario was the fact that the Mavs sat-out their starting lineup in their final matchup of the season, because they were more than happy to face Golden State in the playoffs. And when asked why they'd be happy to face a team that owned them all season, the responses were ridiculous.

The got what they wanted. They got what they arranged and it was embarrassing. They got owned. Golden State tossed a twenty on the dresser to cover the Mavs' cab ride home.

Dallas SHOULD'VE tried to beat the Warriors on that final game of the season, so Golden State would've been eliminated from the playoffs... period. That's why you play every game like it matters... as that game did.

Dallas kept insisting that they weren't at full-strength in their regular-season matchups, but when they entered the playoffs AT full-strength, the Warriors trashed them. They beat them down... they ran all over them and they shoved Dirk down so low that he was sitting on the bench during the final minutes of the game. We're not talking about buzzer-beater victories here... we're talking about total and COMPLETE domination over a team that won over 60 games.

If the W's get swept in the next round... WHO the fuck CARES??? This was so fantastic, it'll carry me the rest of the way this season. I like their chances against Houston or Utah... San Antonio is the team that'll end the W's run. They haven't had luck against them all year.

Dallas HAS to be bumming. Good. They got the matchup they wanted and got thumped.

Brewtown Andy
05-04-2007, 01:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/TheRainKing/myspace/luther.jpg

The Warriors came out to plaaayy!!Dude, welcome to a week ago, population: you.

:D

Your Pal, Carl
05-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Don't let Denny bring you down, bub... it's cool!

I'm originally from Napa Valley, California. I went to school at Napa High, which officially makes me one of the FIGHTING INDIANS!!!

What I loved about this scenario was the fact that the Mavs sat-out their starting lineup in their final matchup of the season, because they were more than happy to face Golden State in the playoffs. And when asked why they'd be happy to face a team that owned them all season, the responses were ridiculous.

The got what they wanted. They got what they arranged and it was embarrassing. They got owned. Golden State tossed a twenty on the dresser to cover the Mavs' cab ride home.

Dallas SHOULD'VE tried to beat the Warriors on that final game of the season, so Golden State would've been eliminated from the playoffs... period. That's why you play every game like it matters... as that game did.

Dallas kept insisting that they weren't at full-strength in their regular-season matchups, but when they entered the playoffs AT full-strength, the Warriors trashed them. They beat them down... they ran all over them and they shoved Dirk down so low that he was sitting on the bench during the final minutes of the game. We're not talking about buzzer-beater victories here... we're talking about total and COMPLETE domination over a team that won over 60 games.

If the W's get swept in the next round... WHO the fuck CARES??? This was so fantastic, it'll carry me the rest of the way this season. I like their chances against Houston or Utah... San Antonio is the team that'll end the W's run. They haven't had luck against them all year.

Dallas HAS to be bumming. Good. They got the matchup they wanted and got thumped.
This to me is the best part of the whole thing. :D

TomBelandTSSTG
05-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Dude, welcome to a week ago, population: you.

That was pretty fucking hilarious. lol

TomBelandTSSTG
05-04-2007, 01:48 PM
The only thing missing in the playoffs so far are the best jerseys in basketball:
http://www.espn.go.com/media/nba/2003/0204/photo/barry_i.jpg

Brewtown Andy
05-04-2007, 01:50 PM
That was pretty fucking hilarious. lolWould it have been funnier if I put in the effort to post the timeline graphic?

Your Pal, Carl
05-04-2007, 02:01 PM
The only thing missing in the playoffs so far are the best jerseys in basketball:
http://www.espn.go.com/media/nba/2003/0204/photo/barry_i.jpg

I need to buy a City Jersey. Best throwback uni in any sport. I think they should wear those every game, but they don't play in The City anymore.

Brewtown Andy
05-04-2007, 02:49 PM
I need to buy a City Jersey. Best throwback uni in any sport. I think they should wear those every game, but they don't play in The City anymore.Better than the Chargers powder blue?

Your Pal, Carl
05-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Better than the Chargers powder blue?

yes.

TomBelandTSSTG
05-04-2007, 03:09 PM
I'd say that's a tie. Those powder blues are just so fucking perfect. They also remind me of the Oakland Invaders uniforms. I miss the Invaders.

Christopher E. Long
05-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Tom,

My team, the Utah Jazz, will see you in the 2nd round!

GO JAZZ!

TomBelandTSSTG
05-05-2007, 08:35 PM
My Warriors will still be the underdogs that scare the shit out of the other teams. This should be an interesting matchup... it'll be closer than the Mavs series.

How can the Rockets NOT FUCKING FOUL SOMEONE at the end??

Christopher E. Long
05-06-2007, 07:21 AM
How can the Rockets NOT FUCKING FOUL SOMEONE at the end??

Yeah, Deron Williams was waiting for it ... but none came.

Brewtown Andy
05-06-2007, 08:28 AM
My Warriors will still be the underdogs that scare the shit out of the other teams. This should be an interesting matchup... it'll be closer than the Mavs series.

How can the Rockets NOT FUCKING FOUL SOMEONE at the end??Because the universe requires that Tracy McGrady never reach the second round. He's the new Kevin Garnett.