PDA

View Full Version : Is it to early for a Spider-Man 3 thread?

justjeffery
05-03-2007, 04:08 AM
No spoilers from me...

My thoughts are as follows...

LAME!

At one point I asked if we were watching Aragon because it started to dragon and on and on...

I'm very sad to say that it was a pretty lousy movie. Plot points just kinda left, several things ret-conned... out of character moments and I dont think Kirsten Dunst has ever been any LESS Mary Jane than in this film...

And a musical? WTF?

dEnny!
05-03-2007, 04:09 AM
Probably not since we've had MULTIPLE threads about it already.

FredC
05-03-2007, 04:32 AM
This makes me sad. Though I'll still see it anyway. And probably love it.

SteveFlack
05-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Knowing people who work for comic book companies is awesome.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/192/482321635_d106327a7c_o.jpg

Went to the Marvel Comics premiere of Spider-Man 3 last night. Two thumbs up, but I am incredibly biased. The movie felt like a really good six issue arc.

-Steve!

Tyeron
05-03-2007, 06:44 AM
I'm really worried about dance number.. ya know everyone of us have to have heard about it by now

i dunno.. i've gotten reviews from real fanboys and their problems aren't with the way they are handling spidey.. just that one scene and how much it just fucks up the rest of the movie..like it never gets its momentum back.

i'm gonna see it on sunday.. but now i'm almost wishing i hadn't bought tickets.. i like comic movies.. but man.. i'm still a staunch supporter of not supporting crap.. and i'm really worried this might just be crap..

ohh well.. here's hoping Iron Man will be the baddest of the ass

DaGetHighKnight
05-03-2007, 07:03 AM
I thought they all dragged on. The movies are just like the video games , The prievews are great but the body of work is limited.

moonspider
05-03-2007, 07:39 AM
wow...so it's mixed reviews for now huh

SteveFlack
05-03-2007, 07:46 AM
wow...so it's mixed reviews for now huh

Whatever flaws this movie had, were pretty much present in the previous films, aside from one scene (which yes, I understand was a bit much, but I liked it), I don't understand how someone who liked the first two movies won't like this one.

-Steve!

Petey Parker
05-03-2007, 07:47 AM
There were things I liked and things I hated (the dance number :sick:) Even though I can't stand the Venom character in the comics I thought Topher Grace was great as Eddie Brock (although he was seriously underused) All in all its the weakest of the three films. Spider-Man 2 is still my favorite.

bartleby
05-03-2007, 07:48 AM
I was planning on starting up the Summer Blockbuster polls/threads sometime tonight if people are still up for that. There are lots of big movies this summer, so I would assume the interest is going to be there to do the weekly thing again.

mattbrand
05-03-2007, 07:49 AM
I was planning on starting up the Summer Blockbuster polls/threads sometime tonight if people are still up for that. There are lots of big movies this summer, so I would assume the interest is going to be there to do the weekly thing again.

I enjoy those threads.

moonspider
05-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Whatever flaws this movie had, were pretty much present in the previous films, aside from one scene (which yes, I understand was a bit much, but I liked it), I don't understand how someone who liked the first two movies won't like this one.

-Steve!

understood

/(. . )/
05-03-2007, 09:22 AM
I agree with Jeff. Great first half, but then it felt like Spidey 3, 4, and 5 all rolled into one film.

I think it's gonna be difficult for comics fans who imagine the potential of stories for each of these characters.