PDA

View Full Version : [CANADA] EB has a great PSP deal

Shawn_Kehoe
04-27-2007, 06:21 AM
(All prices are in Canadian dollars folks)

Starting today, EB is offering a Core PSP System plus a Greatest Hits PSP game in exchange for 8 used games each worth at least $8 in trade credit.

Since I tend to buy games on clearance anyway, I managed to get the $200 PSP core and a $25 copy of Daxter for 8 games which I bought for about $120. Not a bad deal.

(EB did OK too - there were two copies of the GC Zelda Collector's Disc in my trade pile)

They are offering the same 8 game deal for the DS Lite, not sure if a game is offered. It sure says something about the strength of the Lite if they can offer the same deal for both systems.)

FYI

NATE!
04-27-2007, 06:29 AM
Damn, that's sweet. Wonder if that's going on in the US stores as well?

Shawn_Kehoe
04-27-2007, 06:47 AM
Damn, that's sweet. Wonder if that's going on in the US stores as well?

It very well could be, I just decided to err on the side of caution.

There are also big sales on new (as in "not used", definitely not "new release") games for the Xbox, GC, PS2 and GBA. Of note to the retro fans, I saw the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the GC and Xbox for $10, and the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for the Xbox for $10.

Shawn

Shawn_Kehoe
04-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Aaaaand ... my PSP is defective. X button doesn't work, so I can't get past startup.

Shawn

EDIT: They replaced it without hassle, and the new model works fine. The noise of the UMD drive is a shock when you are used to silent DS/GBA carts.