PDA

View Full Version : I really want another season of Berserk

Evan the Shaggy
04-22-2007, 04:53 PM
Yes, the manga's still going but man some of those scenes would look great on the small screen.

Any news on this happening?

Can't wait to see the Berserker armor.

http://www.figures.com/databases/news/actionfigures/106/28.jpg

Lab-Rat
04-22-2007, 05:57 PM
I haven't heard any news of any new series or OVAs that pick up where the anime left off...but I hate that the anime had such a cliffhanger ending to it.

I hope they do eventually do more.

wh park
04-22-2007, 05:59 PM
I believe it wasn't a financial success at all and the likelihood of there being another season is way off.

It's too bad as I really liked Berserk as well.

Evan the Shaggy
04-22-2007, 06:01 PM
I believe it wasn't a financial success at all and the likelihood of there being another season is way off.

It's too bad as I really liked Berserk as well.

On the dvd, it actually said that it was extremely successful in the US.

Lab-Rat
04-22-2007, 06:04 PM
On the dvd, it actually said that it was extremely successful in the US.

In the US it was a success. The anime was done and in the can a good 4 or 5 years before it was ever released in the US.

Georgie
04-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I've read a little bit past the ending of the anime, and I dunno, I didn't like it as much. I don't like what happened with a certain character after the end of the anime...

Plus, I've gotta read the manga on the damn computer, which I HATE doing...how far along past Volume 13 (was the ending of the anime Vol 13?) has Darkhorse put out?

JoeE
04-22-2007, 06:41 PM
This is one of the series I had to purge recently along with all of my other manga. I really miss it.

Kefky
04-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Eh, I would really, REALLY love it to happen, but at this point, I've pretty much lost all faith. I mean, media blaster even tried to pay a studio to do it. And when an american company pays a japanese studio to make another season of an anime, it ALWAYS happens. This was years ago, and nothing came of it.

At least the manga's still fucking amazing. Miura's an amazing storyteller and I'll follow his story 'till the day I die, even if he's still not finished by then(and at the pace he goes, he prolly won't be :p).