PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Comics Expo 2007 Skeches an recap.

JABSEN
04-22-2007, 05:37 AM
Well, the recap will come later but Mack was super proud of his robot and he says hi. I'm probably heading back out today. Thought I'd post a few sketches.

I haven't resized them yet. So they're pretty big..56kers beware

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/JABSEN/Atlanta%20Comics%20Expo%202007/BrainStelfreeze-PoisonIvy.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/JABSEN/Atlanta%20Comics%20Expo%202007/StephanieGladden-Spider-Ham.jpg

sumopanda
04-22-2007, 05:42 AM
i still think you should give them to me for free because i am super great!

JABSEN
04-22-2007, 06:10 AM
i still think you should give them to me for free because i am super great!:no:

Olivier E.
04-22-2007, 06:13 AM
awesome sketches

Stelfreeze is a great artist

who's Stephanie G.?

JABSEN
04-22-2007, 06:15 AM
awesome sketches

Stelfreeze is a great artist

who's Stephanie G.?She's done alot of Cartoon Network books. I think she's doing the CN Block party and maybe Powerpuff Girls. She's done some Ren & Stimpy. Stuff like that.

Artie Pink
04-22-2007, 06:19 AM
Man, those are really nice!

I just realized I don't have any Stelfreeze, though I'm familiar with his name. Anything you recommend, JABSEN?

And I haven't heard of Stephanie Gladden, but that's the raddest Peter Porker I've ever seen! :lol: LOVE IT!

JABSEN
04-22-2007, 06:22 AM
Man, those are really nice!

I just realized I don't have any Stelfreeze, though I'm familiar with his name. Anything you recommend, JABSEN?

And I haven't heard of Stephanie Gladden, but that's the raddest Peter Porker I've ever seen! :lol: LOVE IT!He's curently doing the Guncandy book from Image. Fun stuff. He had a mini from Wildstorm called Matador that i thought was really good. He's done a ton of other stuff. Most of his really early stuff is gonna be painted. that's how he started.

Yeah, It's funny she was not familiar with the character at all and was pretty worried. She killed it. Great work,

I also got a Tara McPherson sketch in her art book.

Ok, I'm heading back out there soon.

Sy-Klone
04-22-2007, 06:38 AM
Cool sketches...that Stelfreeze sketch is beautiful! :)

St.-
04-22-2007, 06:55 AM
that's a awesome ivy.

Olivier E.
04-22-2007, 07:19 AM
He's curently doing the Guncandy book from Image. Fun stuff. He had a mini from Wildstorm called Matador that i thought was really good. He's done a ton of other stuff. Most of his really early stuff is gonna be painted. that's how he started.

Yeah, It's funny she was not familiar with the character at all and was pretty worried. She killed it. Great work,

Ok, I'm heading back out there soon.

Matador was awesome. Tara M! :ecstatic: lucky bastard! :mad:

Jono
04-22-2007, 07:45 AM
I think if I ever met Tara McPherson, I might literally faint. I would at least swoon, and maybe cry a little. *Sigh* she's the best!

TIP
04-22-2007, 08:27 AM
:rock:

emeraldsundae
04-22-2007, 10:55 AM
*gasp*

The Ivy one is awesome!

JABSEN
04-22-2007, 11:49 AM
NEW SKETCH!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/JABSEN/Atlanta%20Comics%20Expo%202007/TalentCaldwell-Batman.jpg
I think if I ever met Tara McPherson, I might literally faint. I would at least swoon, and maybe cry a little. *Sigh* she's the best!After mocking one of the guys who came with me for blushing when he took a pic. I proceeded to fumble and act like a total spaz. She was fucking cool, though

Sy-Klone
04-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Cool Batman sketch! :thumb:

SimiBoyz
04-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Nice sketches. Love the Bats and spidey-ham especially.

saymama
04-22-2007, 12:55 PM
that's a awesome ivy.

i agree!

Pat Shatner
04-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Love that Batman sketch, and the Ivy one is gorgeous. Nice swag Jabby!

emeraldsundae
04-22-2007, 02:09 PM

Lucky!

I love her stuff, it's gorgeous.

JABSEN
04-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Lucky!

I love her stuff, it's gorgeous.Yeah, I'm gonna try and scan it without messing up the book. I'll post it in a bit.

emeraldsundae
04-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna try and scan it without messing up the book. I'll post it in a bit.

:D

Coolness!!

I don't really get sketches when I go to cons, I feel weird about asking.

My boyfriend has tons from over the years he's gone to Chicago. I like flipping through them and seeing all the pretty. :)

JABSEN
04-22-2007, 02:32 PM
:D

Coolness!!

I don't really get sketches when I go to cons, I feel weird about asking.

My boyfriend has tons from over the years he's gone to Chicago. I like flipping through them and seeing all the pretty. :)Wait, He's an Atlanta dude, Isn't he? He didn't go?;)

Oh and here's the sketch she did in a copy of Lonely Heart:The Art of Tara McPerson.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/JABSEN/Atlanta%20Comics%20Expo%202007/TaraMcPhersoon-Vamp.jpg

emeraldsundae
04-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Wait, He's an Atlanta dude, Isn't he? He didn't go?;)

Oh and here's the sketch she did in a copy of Lonely Heart:The Art of Tara McPerson.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/JABSEN/Atlanta%20Comics%20Expo%202007/TaraMcPhersoon-Vamp.jpg

No, that would suck even more for me if he lived there. He's in Iowa, I met him in Atlanta.

Cute sketch!!!!

Joshzilla
04-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Man, I really should've done a roadtrip to the ATL this weekend.

Run-BMC
04-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Whoa... Love stelfreeze, he's one of my favorite artists.

May I ask how much he charges??

dEnny!
04-22-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm still waiting on Van Sciver to mail me my sketch. (You think he'll bite?) :D

chad2271
04-22-2007, 05:59 PM
yeah, i went. it was a cool little show.

i said hello to mack and got a dvd which i must say was very insightful to the process of his work. you can see how the various events in his life come through in his work with tons of passion. great interivews and editing. will be watching the commentary soon as well.

and loved the kabuki print

got to meet whilce portacio which was cool since he was one of my favorites as a kid on uncanny. got an awesome iron man print that i'll try and scan but it may be too big.

jason flowers was cool and had some cool art from his upcoming book.

and best conversation of the day goes to daniel way. that guy was cool as hell with some funny stories.

wish i could have stayed longer.

yo jabsen, did rosairo dawson ever show up? i had to leave on sat before she got there

and did you see that booth that was selling tons of marvel trades for 6 bucks each? i cleaned house.

JABSEN
04-22-2007, 06:32 PM
yeah, i went. it was a cool little show.

i said hello to mack and got a dvd which i must say was very insightful to the process of his work. you can see how the various events in his life come through in his work with tons of passion. great interivews and editing. will be watching the commentary soon as well.

and loved the kabuki print

got to meet whilce portacio which was cool since he was one of my favorites as a kid on uncanny. got an awesome iron man print that i'll try and scan but it may be too big.

jason flowers was cool and had some cool art from his upcoming book.

and best conversation of the day goes to daniel way. that guy was cool as hell with some funny stories.

wish i could have stayed longer.

yo jabsen, did rosairo dawson ever show up? i had to leave on sat before she got there

and did you see that booth that was selling tons of marvel trades for 6 bucks each? i cleaned house.yeah, Way's great to talk to. I never saw Rosario Saturday and I left a little after 6. She was everywhere today. Just hanging around the con.

chad2271
04-22-2007, 06:39 PM
i was kind of surprised from the lack of advertising for this show.

this show had a great guest list but i never heard anything about it.

i just happen to see mack's thread and someone else's(maybe yours) about going.

was there anything at local shops or creavtive loafing about the show?

where do you get your comics jabsen? oxford on piedmont rd?

JABSEN
04-22-2007, 06:45 PM

where do you get your comics jabsen? oxford on piedmont rd?I heard about it the same way you did. Mack's thread. The guys that work at my sis' tattoo shop saw it in Loafing but that was this week's.

Oh, I mail-order through DCBS

Artie Pink
04-23-2007, 05:54 AM
Didja get any comics, JABBY?

JABSEN
04-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Didja get any comics, JABBY?I picked up Alan Moore's The Mirror of Love. I got a couple of Invincible trades for someone else.

Galactic Quest had 37 unsorted boxes of comics for a buck each but it wasd always packed every time I walked by.

PeteL
04-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Wait, He's an Atlanta dude, Isn't he? He didn't go?;)

Awesome.

Flonk
04-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Very cool.

MACK!
04-23-2007, 08:16 PM

where do you get your comics jabsen? oxford on piedmont rd?

Yeah, I saw adds for the show in local ATL mags too.
My friend pointed it out when he saw my art in the ad.

Magnum V.I.
04-23-2007, 08:24 PM
So What'd you steal for me Jabby!