PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Question

Keith P.
04-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Is there anyway to download voice mails from a cell phone to a PC so that you can actually let other people hear them online?

Taki Soma
04-18-2007, 01:16 PM
you want to share something with us, do you now?

Natty P
04-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Do you have a smartphone/pda/blackberry type thing or just a regular phone?

Albert
04-18-2007, 01:18 PM
I would think that you could transfer it by using a cable from your phone to the mic input on your PC and recording it on audio editing software (audacity, adobe audition, protools, garage band, etc).

Buk Was Right
my first instinct would be to play the vm on speaker phone and record it onto your pc with a mic or something... but i'm a pretty well established techno-idiot.

also i'm sure the apple phone will be able to do it... the apple phone can do anything... ;)

Keith P.
Yes. I have something I want to share. It's not my phone, its my team member Evans.

I think he just has a normal cell phone, nothing super fancy.

The Dean
04-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Does this have anything to do with that crazy story about the guy throwing a chair at you?

Keith P.
04-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Does this have anything to do with that crazy story about the guy throwing a chair at you?

No.

Just a positively deranged and insane phone call Evan got from some guy who was completly nuts who saw one of our signs in someones front yard.

badpoet
04-18-2007, 01:26 PM
There are a number of ways to do this. You can run a cord from the mic input on your soundcard to the headphone jack of the phone (provided it has one). Then use a program like Audacity to record. Otherwise, you could use a mic from the computer and hold up the phone speaker next to it.

Albert
04-18-2007, 01:31 PM
There are a number of ways to do this. You can run a cord from the mic input on your soundcard to the headphone jack of the phone (provided it has one). Then use a program like Audacity to record. Otherwise, you could use a mic from the computer and hold up the phone speaker next to it.

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showpost.php?p=2976413&postcount=4

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showpost.php?p=2976415&postcount=5

ZombieSpeedball
04-18-2007, 01:36 PM
my first instinct would be to play the vm on speaker phone and record it onto your pc with a mic or something... but i'm a pretty well established techno-idiot.

also i'm sure the apple phone will be able to do it... the apple phone can do anything... ;)

That's the equivalent of putting a stereo up against a tape recorder and pressing record. :)

Buk Was Right
04-18-2007, 01:39 PM
That's the equivalent of putting a stereo up against a tape recorder and pressing record. :)

well he didn't say he wanted a crystal clear recording studio version... just sounded like he wanted others to hear what was on his (or someone else's) phone.

like i said tech-idjit...

and what the hell's wrong with holding a tape recorder up to the stereo anyway... made a lot of early mix tapes that way. :cool: